|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellen's father's name?
2. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
3. At the grave site, who does Ellen avoid looking at?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. Who is the only member of Starletta's family who can read?
(b) No one.
(c) Starletta's mom.
(d) Starletta's dad.
5. Where does Ellen tell her father to sleep when he passes out in the bathroom?
(a) In his automobile.
(b) In the bed.
(c) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity has become an escape for Ellen?
2. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
3. What happens to Ellen's mother's clothes?
4. When Ellen returns to school after the funeral, what does one teacher bluntly ask her?
5. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)