|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
(a) Past and the present tense.
(b) Present tense.
(c) Past tense.
(d) Future tense.
2. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her paternal grandmother.
3. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's mother.
(b) Ellen's father.
(c) Ellen's grandmother.
(d) Ellen's aunt.
4. Who is Dora?
(a) Ellen's cousin.
(b) Ellen's aunt.
(c) Ellen's sister.
(d) Ellen's friend.
5. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen's friend's family sometimes eat?
2. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
3. What animal does Ellen hope her pony would scare away?
4. When Ellen returns to school after the funeral, what does one teacher bluntly ask her?
5. What item spills out of Ellen's mother's purse?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)