|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
(a) A cat.
(b) A pocketknife.
(c) His arm.
(d) His beard.
2. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
(a) As happy.
(b) As sad.
(c) As phonies.
(d) As nice.
3. What is the pony's name that Ellen wants to ride?
4. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She did not have a response.
(b) She asks to stop for some coffee.
(c) She locks her doors.
(d) She rolls up the window.
5. What does Ellen use reading for?
(a) To test her friends.
(b) To gain knowledge.
(c) An escape from her past life.
(d) A way to make people jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
2. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
3. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
4. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
5. Where does Ellen tell her father to sleep when he passes out in the bathroom?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)