|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
(a) Horses, parents and clothes.
(b) Food, books and television.
(c) Books, parents and horses.
(d) Food, clothes and friends.
2. What happens to Ellen when she eats the same thing as her friend's family?
(a) She wanted more.
(b) She got sick.
(c) Her father slapped her.
3. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her paternal grandmother.
(d) Her maternal grandmother.
4. What does Ellen use reading for?
(a) To gain knowledge.
(b) To test her friends.
(c) A way to make people jealous.
(d) An escape from her past life.
5. How does Ellen's father die?
(b) Natural Causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
2. What is the pony's name that Ellen wants to ride?
3. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
4. Where does Ellen tell her father to sleep when he passes out in the bathroom?
5. What has Ellen's mother's absence forced Ellen to obtain for herself?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)