|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the outfit Ellen is wearing to the funeral?
(b) Blue plaid.
(d) Red plaid.
2. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
(a) A bastard.
(b) A failure.
(c) A drunk.
(d) A snob.
3. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her maternal grandmother.
(c) Her paternal grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
4. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She asks to stop for some coffee.
(b) She rolls up the window.
(c) She locks her doors.
(d) She did not have a response.
5. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
2. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
3. What has Ellen's mother's absence forced Ellen to obtain for herself?
4. Who visits Ellen at school after she is a ward of the state?
5. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)