|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
(a) Horses, parents and clothes.
(b) Books, parents and horses.
(c) Food, clothes and friends.
(d) Food, books and television.
2. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
(a) It was cold.
(b) It was foggy.
(c) It was rainy.
(d) It was sunny.
3. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's mother.
(b) Ellen's aunt.
(c) Ellen's grandmother.
(d) Ellen's father.
4. Who is the main character in the story?
5. Who visits Ellen at school after she is a ward of the state?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Ellen spy in one yard that she would like to have?
2. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
3. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
4. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
5. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)