|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Nadine.
(d) Her mother.
2. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital she can hide.
(b) At the hospital her husband visits her.
(c) At the hospital her family loves her.
(d) At the hospital she is cared for.
3. What is Ellen's father's name?
4. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(b) Went to bed with her.
(d) Called the police.
5. Whom must Ellen share the pony with?
(a) No one.
(b) The other children in the house.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the outfit Ellen is wearing to the funeral?
2. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
3. Who is Dora?
4. Who visits Ellen at school after she is a ward of the state?
5. From what room does Ellen observe her family from?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)