|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
(a) As nice.
(b) As happy.
(c) As phonies.
(d) As sad.
2. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her father.
3. What occupation does Aunt Nadine have?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A food slicer demonstrator.
(c) A funeral director.
(d) A housewife.
4. Who is the main character in the story?
5. What is the pony's name that Ellen wants to ride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does the funeral take place in?
2. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
3. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
4. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
5. How does Ellen feel about her aunt?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)