|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does the funeral take place in?
2. What has Ellen's mother's absence forced Ellen to obtain for herself?
3. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
(a) Past and the present tense.
(b) Future tense.
(c) Present tense.
(d) Past tense.
4. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital her husband visits her.
(b) At the hospital she can hide.
(c) At the hospital she is cared for.
(d) At the hospital her family loves her.
5. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
(a) Food, books and television.
(b) Food, clothes and friends.
(c) Books, parents and horses.
(d) Horses, parents and clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
2. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
3. Who is Dora?
4. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
5. How does Ellen feel about her aunt?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)