|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellen's father's name?
2. What does Ellen think her father is?
(a) A mean monster.
(b) A nice guy.
(c) A hard worker.
(d) A friend.
3. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
4. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(c) Called the police.
(d) Went to bed with her.
5. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A bottle of pills.
(b) A knife.
(c) A poisonous spider.
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
2. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
3. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
4. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
5. Who is the main character in the story?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)