|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. What has Ellen's mother's absence forced Ellen to obtain for herself?
3. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's grandmother.
(b) Ellen's aunt.
(c) Ellen's mother.
(d) Ellen's father.
4. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
(a) Horses, parents and clothes.
(b) Food, books and television.
(c) Books, parents and horses.
(d) Food, clothes and friends.
5. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
(a) As sad.
(b) As happy.
(c) As nice.
(d) As phonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen use reading for?
2. What is Ellen's father's name?
3. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
4. What food item does Ellen take with her on her pony ride?
5. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)