|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
(a) Past tense.
(b) Future tense.
(c) Past and the present tense.
(d) Present tense.
2. Who does Ellen blame for her mother's death?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
3. What season does the funeral take place in?
4. Who is Dora?
(a) Ellen's friend.
(b) Ellen's cousin.
(c) Ellen's aunt.
(d) Ellen's sister.
5. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's aunt.
(b) Ellen's father.
(c) Ellen's grandmother.
(d) Ellen's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
2. What color is the outfit Ellen is wearing to the funeral?
3. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
4. Whom must Ellen share the pony with?
5. What food item does Ellen take with her on her pony ride?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)