|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
(a) His arm.
(b) A cat.
(c) His beard.
(d) A pocketknife.
2. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
(a) Outing her father.
(b) Hitting her aunt.
(c) Hugging her cousin.
(d) Padding her dress.
3. Who does Ellen blame for her mother's death?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(b) Eye shadow.
(d) Eye liner.
5. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(b) Called the police.
(d) Went to bed with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
2. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
3. What has Ellen's mother's absence forced Ellen to obtain for herself?
4. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
5. What does Ellen use reading for?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)