|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stella do in the back of the bus?
(b) Fool around with boys.
(c) Stella didn't ride the bus.
2. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
(a) Hitting her aunt.
(b) Padding her dress.
(c) Hugging her cousin.
(d) Outing her father.
3. How does Ellen's father die?
(b) Natural Causes.
4. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
(a) Her family's secrets.
(b) Her grandmother's meanness.
(c) Her friendship with Starletta.
(d) Her relationship with Julia.
5. Who has a crush on Tom?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen feel about her aunt?
2. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
3. After her grandmother's death, whose room does Ellen have to stay in at her new residence?
4. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
5. Why does Ellen refuse to play with Starletta's toys?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)