|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen's father sign over to his relatives?
(a) The family car.
(c) The custody of Ellen.
(d) The family farm.
2. Where does Ellen tell her father to sleep when he passes out in the bathroom?
(a) In his automobile.
(b) In the bed.
(d) In the bathroom.
3. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
(a) A failure.
(b) A drunk.
(c) A snob.
(d) A bastard.
4. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A poisonous spider.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A bottle of pills.
(d) A knife.
5. What organization does Ellen join to curb her boredom in the winter?
(a) The basketball team.
(b) The show choir.
(c) The Girl Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Ellen at school after she is a ward of the state?
2. Who does Ellen consider killing?
3. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
4. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
5. Who is Dora?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)