|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the grave site, who does Ellen avoid looking at?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What does Ellen think her father is?
(a) A hard worker.
(b) A friend.
(c) A mean monster.
(d) A nice guy.
3. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
(a) She was scared.
(b) Her heart never stopped beating.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She overdosed on pills.
4. Before the end of the service, but after the fight with Ellen's father, what does this well-to-do relative do?
(a) Slaps Ellen's father.
(b) Leaves the service.
(c) Kidnaps Ellen.
(d) Slaps Ellen.
5. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She rolls up the window.
(b) She asks to stop for some coffee.
(c) She locks her doors.
(d) She did not have a response.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
2. Who is Dora?
3. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
4. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
5. How does Ellen's father die?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)