|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item spills out of Ellen's mother's purse?
(a) Her heart pills.
2. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
(a) A bastard.
(b) A drunk.
(c) A failure.
(d) A snob.
3. Who does Ellen stop speaking to?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
4. What does Ellen use reading for?
(a) To test her friends.
(b) A way to make people jealous.
(c) To gain knowledge.
(d) An escape from her past life.
5. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She rolls up the window.
(b) She asks to stop for some coffee.
(c) She locks her doors.
(d) She did not have a response.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Ellen into town for a new coat?
2. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
3. What is the pony's name that Ellen wants to ride?
4. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
5. Who are Rudolph and Ellis?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)