|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
(a) Padding her dress.
(b) Outing her father.
(c) Hitting her aunt.
(d) Hugging her cousin.
2. Who does Ellen stop speaking to?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
3. From what room does Ellen observe her family from?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The bathroom.
4. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital she can hide.
(b) At the hospital her husband visits her.
(c) At the hospital her family loves her.
(d) At the hospital she is cared for.
5. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
(a) It was foggy.
(b) It was sunny.
(c) It was cold.
(d) It was rainy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
2. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
3. What happens to Ellen when she eats the same thing as her friend's family?
4. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
5. What organization does Ellen join to curb her boredom in the winter?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)