|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen's father sign over to his relatives?
(a) The custody of Ellen.
(b) The family farm.
(c) The family car.
2. What item spills out of Ellen's mother's purse?
(d) Her heart pills.
3. Where does Ellen tell her father to sleep when he passes out in the bathroom?
(a) In the bed.
(b) In the bathroom.
(d) In his automobile.
4. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
(a) His beard.
(b) His arm.
(c) A cat.
(d) A pocketknife.
5. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's aunt.
(b) Ellen's father.
(c) Ellen's mother.
(d) Ellen's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the grave site, who does Ellen avoid looking at?
2. In Ellen's new life with her new mama, what runs smoothly?
3. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
4. The day after the funeral, where does Ellen prepare to go?
5. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)