|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen feel about her aunt?
(a) She disliked her.
(b) She loved her.
(c) She was indifferent to her.
(d) She wanted to be just like her.
2. What occupation does Aunt Nadine have?
(a) A housewife.
(b) A funeral director.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A food slicer demonstrator.
3. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A poisonous spider.
(b) A bottle of pills.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pillow.
4. What does Ellen use reading for?
(a) To gain knowledge.
(b) An escape from her past life.
(c) To test her friends.
(d) A way to make people jealous.
5. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
(a) A cat.
(b) His beard.
(c) His arm.
(d) A pocketknife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
2. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
3. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
4. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
5. How does Ellen refer to her large head?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)