* The story opens with Ellen's thoughts of killing her father.
* Ellen goes on to say that she never had to follow through with the murder because her father drank himself to death.
* Ellen then tells about her new life as a ward of the county.
* As a foster child Ellen is properly fed, clothed and loved; these luxuries were never part of her former life.
* Ellen, in her new life, speaks of her weekly psych sessions at school; she reveals that she used to be scared in her former life.
* Ellen begins to describe her mother, who is deceased.
* Ellen feels that her mother died from tiredness.
* In the past again, Ellen feels that her father is a monster and her mother is weak (emotionally and physically).
* The story alternates back and forth between Ellen's old and new lives.
* Ellen alerts the reader that her father is...
This section contains 3,207 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)