|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cy respond to what he sees in the basin?
2. About what is Riley a stickler?
3. What is the most important thing to remember about the man in question #61?
(a) He lived 89 years.
(b) He had a vision no one else could understand.
(c) He was a good man.
(d) He had a hard time getting blue paint to use on special things.
4. What happens when Cy breaks the glass?
(a) He falls into the building.
(b) He cuts his arm badly.
(c) A man with intense blue eyes grabs him.
(d) He falls to the ground.
5. How does Jonty describe Mr. Riley?
(a) A cool tattoo artist.
(b) A lunatic.
(c) An undesirable papist who buys pigs' heads for ungodly purposes.
(d) A underworld spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riley offer Cy?
2. What confuses Cy?
3. How does Morecambe celebrate the coming armistice?
4. Who does not feel like maggots in an infected carcass, as they are regarded in the nicer end of town?
5. What's the only way Riley would consider himself a father figure to Cy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cy slip into starting to tattoo instead of just watching Riley and what is Riley's response?
2. How does the topic of sex give Cy some not-so-great memories?
3. There are many instances of foreshadowing in this opening section. Name one and venture a guess as to what it could foreshadow.
4. How does Reeda die and how does this affect Cy?
5. How does Riley come to offer Cy an apprenticeship and what is Cy's response?
6. What do you think is a boggart and how is it used?
7. How does sex figure into Riley's tattoo business?
8. Of what are Cy's earliest memories?
9. Describe Cy's first interest in a girl and why it is disappointing.
10. What does Jonty say about Riley; is it likely to be true?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)