|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people know?
(a) Cy is as good as Riley.
(b) There are two freehanders working inside as unequal partners.
(c) Cy is almost better than Riley.
(d) Cy is much better than Riley.
2. What can Riley not bear to inscribe on Cy?
(a) Any religious symbols.
(b) The word death.
(c) Reeda's name.
(d) The name of Cy's lover.
3. How does Morecambe celebrate the coming armistice?
(a) With a carnival.
(b) By closing school for the day.
(c) With a prayer meeting.
(d) By fireworks.
4. How does Cy respond to what he sees in the basin?
5. What does a young man working in the parlor of the greatest tattooist in Northern England who is nowhere to be found suggest?
(a) Laziness on Riley's part.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cy recognize?
2. About whom does Riley lecture Cy?
3. Who does not feel like maggots in an infected carcass, as they are regarded in the nicer end of town?
4. For what do the boys use Muriel's equipment?
5. What happens to Riley at Moffat Revine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does sex figure into Riley's tattoo business?
2. What is the story Henry gives about what happens at the asylum and do the police believe him?
3. What is the effect of alcohol on Riley?
4. How does Cy first meet Grace?
5. Describe Cy's first interest in a girl and why it is disappointing.
6. How does Cy compare Coney Island to Morecambe?
7. What does Jonty say about Riley; is it likely to be true?
8. What experience causes Cy to no longer be able to sleep under tight blankets?
9. Give a physical and psychological description of Claudia.
10. How do Riley's and Cy's styles differ when starting a job on a client?
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)