|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Riley take Cy for his first visit to a pub?
(a) The Dog and Pony Inn.
(b) The Partidge Tree.
(c) The Dog and Partridge.
(d) The Lion's Den.
2. About whom does Riley lecture Cy?
(a) Leonardo DeVinci.
3. How old is Cy when the book opens?
4. Who are Jonty Preston and Morris Gibbs?
(a) Cy's two best friends.
(b) Cy's two step brothers.
(c) Cy's two uncles.
(d) Two bullies who regularly beat up Cy.
5. What is Riley's tenth commandment?
(a) Thou shalt get paid.
(b) Thou shalt not feel guilty.
(c) Thou shalt have sex if that is the customer's need.
(d) Thou shalt get used to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an accurate description of the Ladies of Leeds?
2. Of what are Cy's earliest memories?
3. Where does Riley want to be buried?
4. What does Cy observe in other people's eyes?
5. What can Riley not bear to inscribe on Cy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the type of clients that are often drawn to Riley's tattoo parlor.
2. What does Cy recall as he studies cloud formations and what might this foreshadow?
3. How does Cy first meet Grace?
4. Why does tattooing survive change?
5. Do you think Sedak deserves what they do to him?
6. Why does Cy stay open on rainy days and describe one such day.
7. When Cy is somewhat inebriated in Vargas, he makes what connection between Grace and his mother and how does he react to that connection?
8. What does Grace want from Cy and why do you think she wants it?
9. How does Cy slip into starting to tattoo instead of just watching Riley and what is Riley's response?
10. Why do many women come to Riley's tattoo parlor?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)