|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Riley protective?
(a) His privacy.
(b) His self-proclaimed genius.
(c) His tools.
(d) His pictures.
2. How does Cy's routine begin?
(a) With the question, "Ready?"
(b) By outlining in pencil the work area.
(c) By singing a song to himself.
(d) By tapping three times on the table for luck.
3. What does Cy's mother say about the sun's light?
(a) That it fades into nothing.
(b) That it is brightest shining through the mist.
(c) That the sun's light does not go out at night but migrates to Ireland and America.
(d) That it is brighter when she is brighter.
4. With what does Cy decide he needs help?
(a) His chemistry homework.
(b) Getting to America.
(c) Learning how to do tattoos.
(d) Wooing the girl with whom he is in love.
5. What happens when Cy breaks the glass?
(a) He falls into the building.
(b) He falls to the ground.
(c) A man with intense blue eyes grabs him.
(d) He cuts his arm badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Cy learned?
2. What does Riley tattoo on Cy's chest?
3. What confuses Cy?
4. What does Cy begin to do?
5. What convinces Cy that the first part of his life is ended?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think is a boggart and how is it used?
2. How does Cy compare Coney Island to Morecambe?
3. How does Cy's apprenticeship fare and what is an important lesson Cy learns?
4. What secret of Claudia's does Grace hold?
5. Describe the type of clients that are often drawn to Riley's tattoo parlor.
6. How does Riley come to offer Cy an apprenticeship and what is Cy's response?
7. What does the narrator say about the light in Brooklyn?
8. How does Cy's afternoon employment foreshadow his future work?
9. What does Grace want from Cy and why do you think she wants it?
10. How are tattooists looked at in Coney Island?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)