|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drawing does Cy search for and find near the end of the book?
(a) A flying horse.
(b) A woman on a dancing horse.
(c) An ancient eye.
(d) His first mermaid.
2. What is Grace doing as Cy is finishing with the soldier?
(a) Suggesting appropriate tattoos for each soldier.
(b) Browsing through a book of flash.
(c) Combing her hair.
(d) Flirting with the other soldiers.
3. What does Jonesy think is keeping the ladies away from Cy?
(a) Cy's throwback to the 19th-century look is keeping the ladies away.
(b) His lack of nice clothes.
(c) His rough handling of them.
(d) His gruff manner.
4. Why does America require voyeurism in every attraction?
(a) Because it puts everything out there for anyone to see.
(b) Because it substitutes emotion for thought.
(c) Because it is a young nation and full of sexual vigor.
(d) Because it is a melting pot of cultures.
5. With what is Claudia obsessed?
(a) With Grace's will to win.
(b) With Maximus's velvet nose.
(c) With Coney Island's macabre and tasteless baby incubation exhibition.
(d) With Grace's chess-playing style.
6. What does Henry find when he climbs the floor to where Sedak is held?
(a) There are some strangers in the hallway.
(b) There is a fire in the hallway.
(c) Everything is fine.
(d) The door is ajar and the guard is missing.
7. What is in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn?
(a) Cy's girlfriend's apartment.
(b) Monty's place.
(c) The licensing agency for tattoo artist.
(d) Cy's apartment.
8. Who is going to care for Maximus?
(b) The circus trainer.
9. Who has taken care of the horse?
(c) One of the soldiers.
10. Who is in Cy's tattoo parlor when Grace first visits?
(a) A young woman from Queens.
(b) Six or seven young men in uniform.
(c) No one.
(d) The Brooklyn police.
11. What does the missing guard report when Henry finds him?
(a) Being assaulted by two people.
(b) That he drank something and then was out cold.
(c) That he can remember nothing.
(d) That he went to the bath room and someone locked him in there.
12. About what do the soldiers clown around with Grace?
(b) Pictures of mermaids.
(c) Her horse.
13. Who owns the Varga Oyster Bar?
(a) Den Jones.
(b) Arturas and Claudia Overas.
(c) Siamese-twins Mary and Valerie.
(d) Henry Beausang.
14. What is a tattooist's paradise and can easily accommodate more artists?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) San Francisco.
15. What does Grace's paper show?
(a) A horse bowing its two front legs.
(b) Grace's face on a mermaid.
(c) A horse rearing.
(d) An unblinking, almost hieroglyphic eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arturas?
2. What is the largest amusement park on earth?
3. Where does Cy go despite his vows never to return after Lulu's death?
4. What has Claudia been doing for eight years?
5. What is Arturas' moniker?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)