|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can cost two-thirds of one's tattoo business?
(a) Not having enough pictures.
(b) Having dull needles.
(c) Closing on rainy days.
(d) Dirt in the parlour.
2. What requires appalling discipline on Cy's part?
(a) Coming to know Grace's body without surrendering to lust.
(b) Working on Grace and charging her money for the pleasure.
(c) Not telling Grace he does not approve of her design.
(d) Requesting that Maximus stays home so that Grace is thinking of Cy.
3. What is in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn?
(a) Cy's girlfriend's apartment.
(b) Monty's place.
(c) The licensing agency for tattoo artist.
(d) Cy's apartment.
4. Why do tattooists stand apart from the tricksters and freaks?
(a) They have to have a license.
(b) They develop a true rapport with their customers.
(c) They do everything in the open.
(d) They are seen as somehow genuine and timeless.
5. What does life in the Bayview teach Cy?
(a) To appreciate good neighbors.
(b) To have a back door for escape.
(c) To live without forming relationships with neighbors.
(d) To learn to look over the bay to predict the weather.
6. What has Claudia been doing for eight years?
(a) Raising children.
(b) Working as a scully maid.
(c) Displaying at the Human Picture Gallery while performing feats of strength that enthrall the public.
(d) Helping her husband create tattoo art.
7. Who takes Cy's tattoo equipment?
(a) The cops.
(b) Three ruffians.
(c) A Latino gang.
(d) The mafia.
8. When Cy walks Grace home when he first meets her, what does he think about at the door?
(a) Cy wonders why he is always so shy around women outside of his tattoo parlour.
(b) Cy wonders if he should kiss her and whether he is drunk enough to try.
(c) Cy thinks about Riley's way of treating women.
(d) Cy thinks about how much Grace looks like his mother.
9. Who had left the back door unlocked?
(a) The guard.
(b) No one; the lock is broken.
10. What does a voice advise a soldier to do while he is getting a tattoo?
(a) To smoke some hash.
(b) To focus on making his breathing slow and easy.
(c) To think about things that make him fall asleep so he will no longer be in his body.
(d) To pant.
11. Why does Cy advise the soldiers to go wash down their arms?
(a) So no muck will get into their bloodstreams.
(b) So the blood will not ruin their uniforms.
(c) So he doesn't have to go draw more water from next door.
(d) Cy advises them not to wash their arms.
12. What does Cy think he sees in an apartment below him?
(a) A horse eating hay.
(b) A tiger in a cage.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) An alligator on the window seat.
13. What does Cy realize about the skin after the doctor talks to him?
(a) It defines who a person is.
(b) It is an ever-changing landscape.
(c) It is as vital to life as the loving heart.
(d) It is as beautiful plain as adorned.
14. What does Cy assume all newcomers to New York feel?
15. With what does Grace need help?
(a) Applying for disability.
(b) Finding a new apartment.
(c) Applying ointment to her skin.
(d) Riding Maximus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the largest amusement park on earth?
2. Who is going to care for Maximus?
3. How can Cy draw mermaids?
4. What is Grace doing as Cy is finishing with the soldier?
5. What does Cy do when Grace stands naked before him for the first time since the assault?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)