|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arturas' moniker?
(a) Black Baron.
2. What does the city seem to generate?
(c) The energy of illumination from within.
3. How does Cy know his neighbors' names?
(a) By the sounds of their accents.
(b) By creating a rhyme of them.
(c) By the name tags on their various work shirts.
(d) From letters in the foyer mail slots and the smells coming from beneath their doors.
4. Why do mothers drop off their babies at the incubation exhibition?
(a) They hope the baby will die faster there.
(b) They cannot care for them at home.
(c) They are hopeful the babies will grow into healthy, hungry, crying beings.
(d) They have to by law.
5. What does Cy see as a tattoo artist?
(a) He sees that all people are grey.
(b) He sees that people are set in their ways as strongly as a tattoo is set in the skin.
(c) He understands that people want to claim their bodies as their own site on which to tell about themselves.
(d) He understands a person's story changes.
6. What do the police think about Henry's story?
(a) It doesn't add up, but Sedak is incomprehensible.
(b) They know he is lying but don't care.
(c) They think he is drunk and is covering his own alcohol use on work time.
(d) It all makes sense.
7. What is Grace doing as Cy is finishing with the soldier?
(a) Suggesting appropriate tattoos for each soldier.
(b) Browsing through a book of flash.
(c) Combing her hair.
(d) Flirting with the other soldiers.
8. What does Claudia do to Grace's assailant?
(a) Nearly beats him to death.
(b) Stabs him to death.
(c) Pours acid on him.
(d) Ties him up for the police.
9. What hums perpetually, eliciting screams?
(a) The wires strung overhead.
(b) Electric rides.
(c) The hawkers on the boardwalk.
(d) The generators on the boardwalk.
10. What does Henry find when he climbs the floor to where Sedak is held?
(a) Everything is fine.
(b) There is a fire in the hallway.
(c) There are some strangers in the hallway.
(d) The door is ajar and the guard is missing.
11. What does Grace request of Cy?
(a) That he met her at the fountain and is sober.
(b) That he not try to find her.
(c) That he stop being sad.
(d) That he go away with her.
12. Where do Claudia and Arturas decide to move and work?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) The Pacific Northwest.
(c) The California beaches.
13. What is in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn?
(a) Cy's apartment.
(b) Cy's girlfriend's apartment.
(c) The licensing agency for tattoo artist.
(d) Monty's place.
14. When does Cy meet Arturas and Claudia Overas?
(a) When he rents his apartment.
(b) When he almost gets hit by a taxi.
(c) When he hangs out his sign on his shop.
(d) When buying his first batch of ink.
15. Why does Grace say she will find Cy soon?
(a) She wants to get rid of him at the moment.
(b) She is too tired for his kiss that night.
(c) She needs his help.
(d) She is teasing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is Grace hypnotized?
2. Who takes Cy's tattoo equipment?
3. Who are Grace and Maximus?
4. What requires appalling discipline on Cy's part?
5. What bounces off Claudia like hail from an ox's rump?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)