|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cy offer Nina?
(a) A scholarship.
(b) A free tattoo.
(d) An apprenticeship.
2. Of whom does the tall nurse who sends Cy home remind Cy?
3. How has Riley eclipsed Reeda?
(a) As Cy's chief means of reckoning.
(b) In that Cy can still see Riley's face in his mind.
(c) In the little aphorisms Cy remembers of Riley's.
(d) He has not eclipsed Reeda.
4. What does Cy do as Grace walks away?
(a) He lets out a wolf-like howl and slumps to the ground.
(b) He gets his gun out of the drawer.
(c) He wrecks his shop.
(d) He prepares to tattoo an eye on his arm.
5. Where is Cy in 1946?
(a) Back at Pedder Street.
(b) Killed in the war.
(c) Back at Coney Island.
(d) In Southern California with Claudia and Arturas.
6. Who is Arturas?
(a) The best tattoo artist in New York.
(b) A stevedore.
(c) An acrobat.
(d) A cart man.
7. Who has taken care of the horse?
(a) One of the soldiers.
8. How can Cy gain insights into Grace's personality?
(a) He can quiz chess devotees unobtrusively about Grace's strategy.
(b) He can watch Grace perform.
(c) He can read some psychology books in the library.
(d) He can ask Maximus.
9. What does Claudia do to Grace's assailant?
(a) Stabs him to death.
(b) Nearly beats him to death.
(c) Ties him up for the police.
(d) Pours acid on him.
10. What does Grace describe in graphic details to the soldiers?
(a) What would happen to them if they touch her horse.
(b) Nothing; their presence overwhelms her.
(c) What it's like to be in a real battle.
(d) What she would be willing to do with them.
11. What does the missing guard report when Henry finds him?
(a) That he went to the bath room and someone locked him in there.
(b) That he drank something and then was out cold.
(c) That he can remember nothing.
(d) Being assaulted by two people.
12. Why do tattooists stand apart from the tricksters and freaks?
(a) They are seen as somehow genuine and timeless.
(b) They develop a true rapport with their customers.
(c) They do everything in the open.
(d) They have to have a license.
13. Why do the police close Sedak's file?
(a) No one really cares about what happened.
(b) They find the culprits.
(c) They think Sedak insanely hurt himself.
(d) They think the assailants are dead.
14. What does Cy assume all newcomers to New York feel?
15. Why does Cy skip lunch the next day?
(a) So he won't miss Grace should she show up.
(b) He is on a restricted-calorie diet.
(c) He is still suffering the effects of the tainted hot dog of yesterday.
(d) He is not hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cy decide he needs while looking at the design on paper that Grace hands him?
2. Where do Claudia and Arturas decide to move and work?
3. What do the police find when they go to Cy's tattoo parlor?
4. What has Claudia been doing for eight years?
5. What does Cy think he sees in an apartment below him?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)