|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the town council do to offenders of their policies?
(a) Gives them community service.
(b) Publishes the names of offenders.
(c) Fines them.
(d) Makes them pick litter off the beach.
2. What is the most important thing to remember about the man in question #61?
(a) He was a good man.
(b) He had a vision no one else could understand.
(c) He had a hard time getting blue paint to use on special things.
(d) He lived 89 years.
3. What is different about Cy's mom from Cy?
(a) She speaks ten languages and Cy only one.
(b) Reeda Parks can see beyond the horror of the sick people in ways her son cannot.
(c) She is a Russian, whereas Cy is born in Italy.
(d) She had a loving, normal home, but Cy is raised in a boarding house of sick people.
4. Of what is Riley protective?
(a) His self-proclaimed genius.
(b) His pictures.
(c) His privacy.
(d) His tools.
5. What does Riley offer Cy?
(a) An apprenticeship.
(b) A truce.
(c) A few dollars a week to help him.
(d) A message for his mother.
6. Where does Riley want to be buried?
(a) He wants to be cremated.
(b) In his homeland of Russia.
(c) At the hillside cemetary.
(d) At sea.
7. When does Cy advance to freehand images?
(a) When he is half drunk.
(b) When there is no picture for what the customer wants.
(c) Whenever the "alpha male" is absent or more than one customer awaits one.
(d) When Riley can supervise him.
8. What is Riley's tenth commandment?
(a) Thou shalt get paid.
(b) Thou shalt not feel guilty.
(c) Thou shalt get used to it.
(d) Thou shalt have sex if that is the customer's need.
9. What has Cy learned?
(a) to fight, evict brawlers, negotiate and be enjoyed by women in the back room.
(b) To sing to keep the women happy.
(c) To tattoo without using a drawing.
(d) To size up a skin type by feeling with his eyes closed.
10. What does Cy like around him?
(a) Lots of food.
(b) Pretty girls.
(c) Art supplies.
(d) His favorite pictures.
11. Why does Cy have to use distilled water to make his inks?
(a) Because of war rationing.
(b) Because Riley is experiementing with a new ink formula.
(c) Because alcohol spirit solutions have been outlawed.
(d) Because alcohol spirit solutions cannot be safely stored in the cupboard.
12. Who is Colin Willacy?
(a) Cy's uncle.
(b) Cy's mother's lawyer.
(c) The headmaster at Cy's school.
(d) Cy's grandfather.
13. Why do women trust Riley?
(a) He greatly respects women.
(b) He is homosexual.
(c) His equipment is sterile and his hard-drinking habits do not enter his studio.
(d) He is a eunuch.
14. Who comes to help Cy's mother die?
(a) Aunt Dorthey.
(b) Aunt Doris.
(c) Cy's grandmother.
(d) Aunt June.
15. Who slices the rope?
(a) His friends.
(b) A woman with a machete.
(c) An angry looking man.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Riley's rules of courtship?
2. Of what are Cy's earliest memories?
3. What does Cy share with his mother?
4. What does fine-line hatching do?
5. What has Cy forgotten?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)