|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Riley say that Cy needs to comfort customers?
(a) Because it makes the needles hurt less.
(b) Because they are as much a psychiatrist as artists.
(c) Because some change their minds and flee.
(d) Because customers come there for more than one reason.
2. At what does Cy marvel?
(a) The way a woman's breast moves a tattoo.
(b) Women's endurance and unpredictability.
(c) The intricate designs Riley tattoos.
(d) The way the colors glow on women.
3. What is Muriel's occupation?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A respected electrotherapist.
(c) A circus performer.
(d) A doctor.
4. How does Morecambe celebrate the coming armistice?
(a) With a carnival.
(b) By closing school for the day.
(c) By fireworks.
(d) With a prayer meeting.
5. What does the town council do to offenders of their policies?
(a) Publishes the names of offenders.
(b) Fines them.
(c) Makes them pick litter off the beach.
(d) Gives them community service.
6. Of what is Riley protective?
(a) His tools.
(b) His privacy.
(c) His self-proclaimed genius.
(d) His pictures.
7. For what does Cy get in trouble at school?
(a) For eating another student's lunch.
(b) For asking a question about sex.
(c) For shooting spitballs.
(d) For sleepin in class.
8. Who slices the rope?
(a) An angry looking man.
(b) A woman with a machete.
(c) His friends.
(d) A policeman.
9. Who comes to help Cy's mother die?
(a) Aunt Doris.
(b) Aunt June.
(c) Cy's grandmother.
(d) Aunt Dorthey.
10. Why do the town council's junctions bother Reeda?
(a) Because she didn't have the money for the fine.
(b) Because Cy had to do community service one day.
(c) Because she believes the human body is nothing of which to be ashamed.
(d) Because she had to pick up litter one day.
11. What regularly claims victims among children and tourists?
(a) The strange illnesses brought in through the port.
(b) Morecambe's quicksand pools.
(c) The local pickpocket.
(d) The strange riptides.
12. When Cy arrives home eyes glazed and gait obstructed, what does Reeda assume?
(a) He has overeaten.
(b) He sprained his ankle.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is drunk.
13. What does Reeda think of Riley?
(a) That he is dangerous.
(b) That he is somewhat crazy.
(c) That he is a drunkard, a Catholic and maybe a Bolshevik.
(d) That he is honorable.
14. What is different about Cy's mom from Cy?
(a) She speaks ten languages and Cy only one.
(b) She had a loving, normal home, but Cy is raised in a boarding house of sick people.
(c) Reeda Parks can see beyond the horror of the sick people in ways her son cannot.
(d) She is a Russian, whereas Cy is born in Italy.
15. What does Riley tattoo on Cy's chest?
(a) A ball and chain.
(b) A sailing ship with his dead father's name strung in the rigging.
(c) A skull.
(d) A butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Riley not bear to inscribe on Cy?
2. About what is Riley a stickler?
3. What does Cy not really understand?
4. When does Cy advance to freehand images?
5. What amazes Cy?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)