|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cy's routine begin?
(a) By tapping three times on the table for luck.
(b) With the question, "Ready?"
(c) By outlining in pencil the work area.
(d) By singing a song to himself.
2. When does Cy advance to freehand images?
(a) Whenever the "alpha male" is absent or more than one customer awaits one.
(b) When Riley can supervise him.
(c) When he is half drunk.
(d) When there is no picture for what the customer wants.
3. What does the town council do to offenders of their policies?
(a) Makes them pick litter off the beach.
(b) Fines them.
(c) Gives them community service.
(d) Publishes the names of offenders.
4. Where do the summer crowds gather?
(a) Around the lake in the park.
(b) In the movie theaters.
(c) At two local pubs.
(d) In the town's pavilions.
5. What are Riley's rules of courtship?
(a) To treat them tenderly under the needle and harshly under him.
(b) To court for at least a day before sex.
(c) To keep his professional life and sexual life seperate.
(d) To slap, grip, fist and dog-mount women.
6. What does Cy realize about life?
(a) That it is always wonderful.
(b) That he is old enough to understand the vagaries of life.
(c) That it is never wonderful.
(d) That it can be messy and cruel.
7. Who does Cy recognize?
(a) A man down the street as the thief who stole his bike.
(b) A policeman who accepts bribes from his mother.
(c) Reeba's helper.
(d) A woman who used to live at the boarding house.
8. Who is Colin Willacy?
(a) Cy's grandfather.
(b) The headmaster at Cy's school.
(c) Cy's mother's lawyer.
(d) Cy's uncle.
9. Why does Cy's mother board these "guests"?
(a) Her husband forces her to do so.
(b) She is a saint.
(c) She believes it is her duty.
(d) These guests pay her bills.
10. Who comes to help Cy's mother die?
(a) Aunt Dorthey.
(b) Cy's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Doris.
(d) Aunt June.
11. What happens when Cy breaks the glass?
(a) A man with intense blue eyes grabs him.
(b) He falls to the ground.
(c) He falls into the building.
(d) He cuts his arm badly.
12. Who slices the rope?
(a) A woman with a machete.
(b) His friends.
(c) A policeman.
(d) An angry looking man.
13. What does Cy observe in other people's eyes?
(a) A despondency.
(b) A strange new glow as they find ways to work through pain.
(c) A hunger for simpler times.
(d) A anger at the war's toll.
14. How does Cy respond to what he sees in the basin?
15. How do women's tattoos differ from men's?
(a) They are usually flowers.
(b) They are more colorful.
(c) They are smaller and more discreet than men's and entirely personal.
(d) They almost always have purple and pink in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one form of amusement Cy enjoys?
2. What is an accurate description of the Ladies of Leeds?
3. What is a distinct favorite of Cy and his friends?
4. How old is Cy when the book opens?
5. From what do most of the boarders at Cy's home suffer?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)