|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Colin Willacy?
(a) Cy's mother's lawyer.
(b) Cy's grandfather.
(c) Cy's uncle.
(d) The headmaster at Cy's school.
2. What confuses Cy?
(a) Where is father is.
(b) Why he is not attending school.
(c) Why his mother cries for strangers.
(d) Watching his mother care for sobbing women who visit in the middle of the night.
3. What happens to Riley at Moffat Revine?
(a) He gets into a fight and kills a man.
(b) His fingers are shattered.
(c) He strikes his head and is amnesiac.
(d) He drowns in the creek.
4. What does Cy hear through the window of the building he climbs?
(a) A scream.
(c) Mechanical bee sounds and voices.
5. What is an accurate description of the Ladies of Leeds?
(a) Kind, well-dressed, close-knit.
(b) Ugly spinsters.
(c) Hard-faced, bad-mouthed women.
(d) Lovely airheads.
6. What does Cy like around him?
(a) His favorite pictures.
(b) Pretty girls.
(c) Lots of food.
(d) Art supplies.
7. What's the only way Riley would consider himself a father figure to Cy?
(a) If Cy can beat him in arm wrestling.
(b) If he can bring his fine-legged mother into the equation.
(c) If Cy's mother wants Riley to serve that purpose.
(d) If Cy can prove Riley is his real father.
8. Of what are Cy's earliest memories?
(a) His mother leaning over his bed and singing him a lullaby.
(b) A pig being slaughtered next door.
(c) A ship from India coming into port one day and the excitement of it.
(d) Laughing summer crowds.
9. Who are Jonty Preston and Morris Gibbs?
(a) Cy's two step brothers.
(b) Cy's two best friends.
(c) Two bullies who regularly beat up Cy.
(d) Cy's two uncles.
10. From what do most of the boarders at Cy's home suffer?
(c) Old Age.
11. For what does Cy get in trouble at school?
(a) For eating another student's lunch.
(b) For sleepin in class.
(c) For shooting spitballs.
(d) For asking a question about sex.
12. What do people know?
(a) Cy is much better than Riley.
(b) There are two freehanders working inside as unequal partners.
(c) Cy is almost better than Riley.
(d) Cy is as good as Riley.
13. What does Reeda admit to Cy?
(a) That Cy is not her biological son.
(b) That she knows Riley.
(c) That she was once married to Mr. Riley.
(d) That she is performing abortions.
14. Why does Riley say that Cy needs to comfort customers?
(a) Because it makes the needles hurt less.
(b) Because customers come there for more than one reason.
(c) Because some change their minds and flee.
(d) Because they are as much a psychiatrist as artists.
15. How old is Cy when the book opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Cy avert his eyes?
2. For what does Cy use the last of Reeda's money?
3. Why does Cy have to use distilled water to make his inks?
4. What amazes Cy?
5. What regularly claims victims among children and tourists?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)