|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to help Cy's mother die?
(a) Aunt Doris.
(b) Aunt June.
(c) Aunt Dorthey.
(d) Cy's grandmother.
2. What does a young man working in the parlor of the greatest tattooist in Northern England who is nowhere to be found suggest?
(a) Laziness on Riley's part.
3. What does Cy observe as he is searching for shells?
(a) A boat in the harbor go up in flames.
(b) A plane plunge into the sea.
(c) His neighbor hitting his wife.
(d) Jonty and the girl Cy loves kissing.
4. What happens to Riley at Moffat Revine?
(a) He strikes his head and is amnesiac.
(b) He drowns in the creek.
(c) His fingers are shattered.
(d) He gets into a fight and kills a man.
5. Of what are Cy's earliest memories?
(a) A pig being slaughtered next door.
(b) Laughing summer crowds.
(c) A ship from India coming into port one day and the excitement of it.
(d) His mother leaning over his bed and singing him a lullaby.
6. About whom does Riley lecture Cy?
(a) Leonardo DeVinci.
7. Who does Cy recognize?
(a) A woman who used to live at the boarding house.
(b) A man down the street as the thief who stole his bike.
(c) A policeman who accepts bribes from his mother.
(d) Reeba's helper.
8. Who is Colin Willacy?
(a) Cy's mother's lawyer.
(b) Cy's uncle.
(c) The headmaster at Cy's school.
(d) Cy's grandfather.
9. What does Cy see in the discharge basin one day?
(b) A tattoo design.
(c) A prophesy.
(d) Vivid images.
10. For what does Cy get in trouble at school?
(a) For shooting spitballs.
(b) For asking a question about sex.
(c) For eating another student's lunch.
(d) For sleepin in class.
11. What does Reeda think of Riley?
(a) That he is a drunkard, a Catholic and maybe a Bolshevik.
(b) That he is honorable.
(c) That he is somewhat crazy.
(d) That he is dangerous.
12. Why do the town council's junctions bother Reeda?
(a) Because Cy had to do community service one day.
(b) Because she believes the human body is nothing of which to be ashamed.
(c) Because she had to pick up litter one day.
(d) Because she didn't have the money for the fine.
13. Who are Jonty Preston and Morris Gibbs?
(a) Cy's two step brothers.
(b) Two bullies who regularly beat up Cy.
(c) Cy's two best friends.
(d) Cy's two uncles.
14. What does Cy realize about life?
(a) That it can be messy and cruel.
(b) That it is always wonderful.
(c) That he is old enough to understand the vagaries of life.
(d) That it is never wonderful.
15. What is a key to the customer's personality?
(a) The scent of the skin.
(b) The choice of pictures.
(c) The color choices.
(d) The way the customer reacts to pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Cy advance to freehand images?
2. About what is Riley a stickler?
3. How does Morecambe celebrate the coming armistice?
4. Why does Cy climb a building?
5. Where does Cy work?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)