|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a distinct favorite of Cy and his friends?
(a) A line of Bathing Beauties parades barer than ever and Gaynor Shearer's erect nipples.
(b) The ice cream machine.
(c) The cotton candy.
(d) The blaring music.
2. About whom does Riley lecture Cy?
(b) Leonardo DeVinci.
3. Why does Cy have to use distilled water to make his inks?
(a) Because of war rationing.
(b) Because Riley is experiementing with a new ink formula.
(c) Because alcohol spirit solutions have been outlawed.
(d) Because alcohol spirit solutions cannot be safely stored in the cupboard.
4. What do people know?
(a) Cy is almost better than Riley.
(b) There are two freehanders working inside as unequal partners.
(c) Cy is much better than Riley.
(d) Cy is as good as Riley.
5. What does the town council do to offenders of their policies?
(a) Gives them community service.
(b) Makes them pick litter off the beach.
(c) Publishes the names of offenders.
(d) Fines them.
6. What happens when Cy breaks the glass?
(a) He cuts his arm badly.
(b) A man with intense blue eyes grabs him.
(c) He falls into the building.
(d) He falls to the ground.
7. What does Cy think Riley may have done while being attacked?
(b) Tried the numbing oriental techniques some clients use under the needle.
(c) Thought about having a drink.
(d) Got deathly silent.
8. Why does Riley say that Cy needs to comfort customers?
(a) Because customers come there for more than one reason.
(b) Because it makes the needles hurt less.
(c) Because they are as much a psychiatrist as artists.
(d) Because some change their minds and flee.
9. Why do the town council's junctions bother Reeda?
(a) Because she didn't have the money for the fine.
(b) Because Cy had to do community service one day.
(c) Because she had to pick up litter one day.
(d) Because she believes the human body is nothing of which to be ashamed.
10. What does Cy like around him?
(a) Lots of food.
(b) His favorite pictures.
(c) Art supplies.
(d) Pretty girls.
11. Where is Cy's father?
(a) He is at work at the docks.
(b) He is in America working to bring them over.
(c) He is at war in Germany.
(d) He was lost years ago at sea.
12. At what does Cy marvel?
(a) The way a woman's breast moves a tattoo.
(b) Women's endurance and unpredictability.
(c) The intricate designs Riley tattoos.
(d) The way the colors glow on women.
13. What does Cy discover on Riley's body?
(a) A tattoo for every year of Riley's life.
(b) No tattoos.
(c) A tribute tattooed to Reeda.
(d) Fitting verses tattooed on Riley's right sole.
14. Who does Cy recognize?
(a) Reeba's helper.
(b) A policeman who accepts bribes from his mother.
(c) A woman who used to live at the boarding house.
(d) A man down the street as the thief who stole his bike.
15. What does Cy share with his mother?
(a) A secret about Jonty.
(b) A worry he has about his father.
(c) His wages.
(d) Nothing; he does not really talk to her much anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riley offer Cy?
2. Who comes to help Cy's mother die?
3. What does Riley admire about Cy?
4. About what is Riley a stickler?
5. What does Cy's mother say about the sun's light?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)