|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important thing to remember about the man in question #61?
(a) He had a vision no one else could understand.
(b) He lived 89 years.
(c) He had a hard time getting blue paint to use on special things.
(d) He was a good man.
2. What does Reeda admit to Cy?
(a) That she is performing abortions.
(b) That she knows Riley.
(c) That Cy is not her biological son.
(d) That she was once married to Mr. Riley.
3. When does Cy advance to freehand images?
(a) When Riley can supervise him.
(b) When there is no picture for what the customer wants.
(c) Whenever the "alpha male" is absent or more than one customer awaits one.
(d) When he is half drunk.
4. About what is Riley a stickler?
5. How old is Cy when the book opens?
6. Upon what does the town council frown?
(a) On boys younger than 10 on the beach without a parent.
(b) On the sick people Cy's mother nurses.
(c) On school being closed on Fridays.
(d) On mixed bathing and skimpy outfits.
7. Who does not feel like maggots in an infected carcass, as they are regarded in the nicer end of town?
(a) Jonty and Cy.
(c) Visitors to Riley's tattoo parlour.
8. What is an accurate description of the Ladies of Leeds?
(a) Ugly spinsters.
(b) Kind, well-dressed, close-knit.
(c) Lovely airheads.
(d) Hard-faced, bad-mouthed women.
9. What happens to Riley at Moffat Revine?
(a) His fingers are shattered.
(b) He drowns in the creek.
(c) He strikes his head and is amnesiac.
(d) He gets into a fight and kills a man.
10. How do women's tattoos differ from men's?
(a) They are more colorful.
(b) They almost always have purple and pink in them.
(c) They are smaller and more discreet than men's and entirely personal.
(d) They are usually flowers.
11. Where do Cy and his friends go to watch an effigy of "Kaiser Bill" burn?
(a) Pedder Street.
(b) Market Square.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Pastuer Blvd.
12. Who is Colin Willacy?
(a) Cy's grandfather.
(b) The headmaster at Cy's school.
(c) Cy's uncle.
(d) Cy's mother's lawyer.
13. What is a distinct favorite of Cy and his friends?
(a) A line of Bathing Beauties parades barer than ever and Gaynor Shearer's erect nipples.
(b) The cotton candy.
(c) The blaring music.
(d) The ice cream machine.
14. What is Riley's tenth commandment?
(a) Thou shalt not feel guilty.
(b) Thou shalt get used to it.
(c) Thou shalt have sex if that is the customer's need.
(d) Thou shalt get paid.
15. What has Cy learned?
(a) to fight, evict brawlers, negotiate and be enjoyed by women in the back room.
(b) To size up a skin type by feeling with his eyes closed.
(c) To tattoo without using a drawing.
(d) To sing to keep the women happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regularly claims victims among children and tourists?
2. What are Riley's rules of courtship?
3. For what do the boys use Muriel's equipment?
4. Why does Cy climb a building?
5. What does fine-line hatching do?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)