|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cy's routine begin?
(a) By outlining in pencil the work area.
(b) With the question, "Ready?"
(c) By tapping three times on the table for luck.
(d) By singing a song to himself.
2. What does Riley tattoo on Cy's chest?
(a) A ball and chain.
(b) A skull.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A sailing ship with his dead father's name strung in the rigging.
3. What is an accurate description of the Ladies of Leeds?
(a) Ugly spinsters.
(b) Lovely airheads.
(c) Kind, well-dressed, close-knit.
(d) Hard-faced, bad-mouthed women.
4. What does Cy begin to do?
(a) Tattoo some of Riley's customers.
(b) Draw a book of designs.
(c) Have sex with some of the willing customers.
(d) Create a name for himself.
5. For what does Cy get in trouble at school?
(a) For asking a question about sex.
(b) For sleepin in class.
(c) For eating another student's lunch.
(d) For shooting spitballs.
6. What does Cy think Riley may have done while being attacked?
(a) Tried the numbing oriental techniques some clients use under the needle.
(c) Got deathly silent.
(d) Thought about having a drink.
7. What happens to Riley at Moffat Revine?
(a) He drowns in the creek.
(b) His fingers are shattered.
(c) He strikes his head and is amnesiac.
(d) He gets into a fight and kills a man.
8. Why do the town council's junctions bother Reeda?
(a) Because she didn't have the money for the fine.
(b) Because she had to pick up litter one day.
(c) Because Cy had to do community service one day.
(d) Because she believes the human body is nothing of which to be ashamed.
9. Where is Cy's father?
(a) He is at work at the docks.
(b) He was lost years ago at sea.
(c) He is at war in Germany.
(d) He is in America working to bring them over.
10. When does Cy advance to freehand images?
(a) When there is no picture for what the customer wants.
(b) When Riley can supervise him.
(c) Whenever the "alpha male" is absent or more than one customer awaits one.
(d) When he is half drunk.
11. Where does Cy work?
(a) In a bakery.
(b) In a print shop in the afternoons.
(c) In a blacksmith shop.
(d) At the stables.
12. With whom does Cy fall in love?
(a) Estelle Baker.
(b) Essie Jones.
(c) Eva Brennan.
(d) Eva von Braun.
13. How does Cy respond to what he sees in the basin?
14. From what does Cy avert his eyes?
(a) From sick people coughing into basins.
(b) From the neighbor's wife who is always naked.
(c) From the ice cream peddler down the street.
(d) From his father's ash urn.
15. At what does Cy marvel?
(a) Women's endurance and unpredictability.
(b) The way a woman's breast moves a tattoo.
(c) The intricate designs Riley tattoos.
(d) The way the colors glow on women.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Cy use the last of Reeda's money?
2. What does Reeda think of Riley?
3. What does Reeda admit to Cy?
4. How does Morecambe celebrate the coming armistice?
5. Who does Cy recognize?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)