|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morecambe celebrate the coming armistice?
(a) By fireworks.
(b) With a carnival.
(c) With a prayer meeting.
(d) By closing school for the day.
2. What does fine-line hatching do?
(a) Tricks the eye into seeing three dimensions.
(b) Causes much blood loss.
(c) Causes scar tissue.
(d) Creates a wavy image.
3. What amazes Cy?
(a) That Riley can be drunk and create magnificent tattoos.
(b) That Riley hums hymns while he works.
(c) That someone so flaccid and bawdy can be so intricate and precise in his line work.
(d) That Riley seldoms is aroused by his naked female clients.
4. Where does Riley want to be buried?
(a) In his homeland of Russia.
(b) He wants to be cremated.
(c) At sea.
(d) At the hillside cemetary.
5. What does Riley tattoo on Cy's chest?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A ball and chain.
(c) A sailing ship with his dead father's name strung in the rigging.
(d) A skull.
6. Of what is Riley protective?
(a) His self-proclaimed genius.
(b) His tools.
(c) His privacy.
(d) His pictures.
7. Why does Cy have to use distilled water to make his inks?
(a) Because Riley is experiementing with a new ink formula.
(b) Because of war rationing.
(c) Because alcohol spirit solutions have been outlawed.
(d) Because alcohol spirit solutions cannot be safely stored in the cupboard.
8. What does Reeda admit to Cy?
(a) That she was once married to Mr. Riley.
(b) That Cy is not her biological son.
(c) That she is performing abortions.
(d) That she knows Riley.
9. Why do women trust Riley?
(a) He is homosexual.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) His equipment is sterile and his hard-drinking habits do not enter his studio.
(d) He greatly respects women.
10. Who does Cy recognize?
(a) Reeba's helper.
(b) A man down the street as the thief who stole his bike.
(c) A policeman who accepts bribes from his mother.
(d) A woman who used to live at the boarding house.
11. For what does Cy use the last of Reeda's money?
(a) To refurbish his tattoo parlour.
(b) A sea coffin for Riley.
(c) To buy a third-class ticket to America.
(d) To send Riley's body to Russia.
12. Where does Riley take Cy for his first visit to a pub?
(a) The Partidge Tree.
(b) The Dog and Pony Inn.
(c) The Dog and Partridge.
(d) The Lion's Den.
13. With whom does Cy fall in love?
(a) Eva von Braun.
(b) Eva Brennan.
(c) Estelle Baker.
(d) Essie Jones.
14. Why do the town council's junctions bother Reeda?
(a) Because she had to pick up litter one day.
(b) Because Cy had to do community service one day.
(c) Because she believes the human body is nothing of which to be ashamed.
(d) Because she didn't have the money for the fine.
15. What does Cy begin to do?
(a) Draw a book of designs.
(b) Tattoo some of Riley's customers.
(c) Create a name for himself.
(d) Have sex with some of the willing customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cy work?
2. What happens to Riley at Moffat Revine?
3. What does Riley offer Cy?
4. For what does Cy get in trouble at school?
5. Upon what does the town council frown?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)