|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not feel like maggots in an infected carcass, as they are regarded in the nicer end of town?
(b) Jonty and Cy.
(d) Visitors to Riley's tattoo parlour.
2. When does Cy advance to freehand images?
(a) When he is half drunk.
(b) When Riley can supervise him.
(c) When there is no picture for what the customer wants.
(d) Whenever the "alpha male" is absent or more than one customer awaits one.
3. About what is Riley a stickler?
4. What does fine-line hatching do?
(a) Causes much blood loss.
(b) Creates a wavy image.
(c) Causes scar tissue.
(d) Tricks the eye into seeing three dimensions.
5. Where do the summer crowds gather?
(a) In the movie theaters.
(b) In the town's pavilions.
(c) Around the lake in the park.
(d) At two local pubs.
6. What does Riley offer Cy?
(a) A few dollars a week to help him.
(b) A truce.
(c) A message for his mother.
(d) An apprenticeship.
7. What does Riley accomplish in a year?
(a) Teaches Cy the rest of what Riley knows.
(b) Creates a whole book of designs.
(c) Wills himself to death by alcohol, depression and starvation.
(d) Changes his studio decorations.
8. What does the town council do to offenders of their policies?
(a) Fines them.
(b) Gives them community service.
(c) Publishes the names of offenders.
(d) Makes them pick litter off the beach.
9. What regularly claims victims among children and tourists?
(a) The strange riptides.
(b) The strange illnesses brought in through the port.
(c) The local pickpocket.
(d) Morecambe's quicksand pools.
10. Who is Muriel?
(a) Morris's mother.
(b) Reeda's older sister.
(c) Reeda's lover.
(d) Reeda's secret partner.
11. How does Jonty describe Mr. Riley?
(a) An undesirable papist who buys pigs' heads for ungodly purposes.
(b) A underworld spy.
(c) A cool tattoo artist.
(d) A lunatic.
12. Who is Colin Willacy?
(a) The headmaster at Cy's school.
(b) Cy's mother's lawyer.
(c) Cy's grandfather.
(d) Cy's uncle.
13. What amazes Cy?
(a) That Riley seldoms is aroused by his naked female clients.
(b) That someone so flaccid and bawdy can be so intricate and precise in his line work.
(c) That Riley hums hymns while he works.
(d) That Riley can be drunk and create magnificent tattoos.
14. What is one form of amusement Cy enjoys?
(a) Wrestling with Monty's sister.
(b) Riding his bike inside school hallways.
(c) Riding bareback on a circus horse.
(d) Weekly piddling competitions on the beach.
15. What's the only way Riley would consider himself a father figure to Cy?
(a) If Cy can beat him in arm wrestling.
(b) If Cy can prove Riley is his real father.
(c) If Cy's mother wants Riley to serve that purpose.
(d) If he can bring his fine-legged mother into the equation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cy's mother say about the sun's light?
2. What confuses Cy?
3. What does Cy begin to do?
4. What can Riley accept?
5. Who comes to help Cy's mother die?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)