|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Babylon in Brooklyn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cy's routine begin?
(a) By singing a song to himself.
(b) By tapping three times on the table for luck.
(c) With the question, "Ready?"
(d) By outlining in pencil the work area.
2. What does Riley accomplish in a year?
(a) Teaches Cy the rest of what Riley knows.
(b) Creates a whole book of designs.
(c) Changes his studio decorations.
(d) Wills himself to death by alcohol, depression and starvation.
3. What does Cy observe in other people's eyes?
(a) A despondency.
(b) A anger at the war's toll.
(c) A hunger for simpler times.
(d) A strange new glow as they find ways to work through pain.
4. What regularly claims victims among children and tourists?
(a) The strange riptides.
(b) The local pickpocket.
(c) Morecambe's quicksand pools.
(d) The strange illnesses brought in through the port.
5. What has Claudia been doing for eight years?
(a) Working as a scully maid.
(b) Displaying at the Human Picture Gallery while performing feats of strength that enthrall the public.
(c) Helping her husband create tattoo art.
(d) Raising children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do tattooists stand apart from the tricksters and freaks?
2. Why does Coney Island offer anything repulsive, breathtaking, or monstrously new that people are willing to pay to see?
3. Why do the town council's junctions bother Reeda?
4. How do women's tattoos differ from men's?
5. Who is Lulu?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)