|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Babylon in Brooklyn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Riley not bear to inscribe on Cy?
(a) Reeda's name.
(b) Any religious symbols.
(c) The word death.
(d) The name of Cy's lover.
2. What do people know?
(a) Cy is much better than Riley.
(b) There are two freehanders working inside as unequal partners.
(c) Cy is almost better than Riley.
(d) Cy is as good as Riley.
3. How does Cy's routine begin?
(a) By singing a song to himself.
(b) By tapping three times on the table for luck.
(c) With the question, "Ready?"
(d) By outlining in pencil the work area.
4. How does Cy know his neighbors' names?
(a) By the name tags on their various work shirts.
(b) From letters in the foyer mail slots and the smells coming from beneath their doors.
(c) By the sounds of their accents.
(d) By creating a rhyme of them.
5. What convinces Cy that the first part of his life is ended?
(a) When Jonty drowns in the tide.
(b) When Cy falls in love.
(c) When his mother dies.
(d) When Aurora Borealis, the "northern bloodlights," appear over the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Ladies of Leeds do?
2. Who is Muriel?
3. Why does Cy have to use distilled water to make his inks?
4. Who is Arturas?
5. From what does Cy avert his eyes?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)