Part 1, Bloodlights
1. How old is Cy when the book opens?
2. Why does Cy wish his eyes could lie?
(a) So the school bully would leave him alone.
(b) So the schoolmaster wouldn't hit him.
(c) So his troubles would be over.
(d) So he could look his mama in the face.
3. From what does Cy avert his eyes?
(a) From the ice cream peddler down the street.
(b) From sick people coughing into basins.
(c) From the neighbor's wife who is always naked.
(d) From his father's ash urn.
4. Where is Cy's father?
(a) He is in America working to bring them over.
(b) He was lost years ago at sea.
(c) He is at work at the docks.
(d) He is at war in Germany.
5. From what do most of the boarders at Cy's home suffer?
(d) Old Age.
6. Why does Cy's mother board these "guests"?
(a) She is a saint.
(b) She believes it is her duty.
(c) These guests pay her bills.
(d) Her husband forces her to do so.
This section contains 5,480 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)