1. How old is Cy when the book opens?
2. Why does Cy wish his eyes could lie?
(a) So he could look his mama in the face.
(b) So the schoolmaster wouldn't hit him.
(c) So his troubles would be over.
(d) So the school bully would leave him alone.
3. From what does Cy avert his eyes?
(a) From sick people coughing into basins.
(b) From the ice cream peddler down the street.
(c) From his father's ash urn.
(d) From the neighbor's wife who is always naked.
4. Where is Cy's father?
(a) He was lost years ago at sea.
(b) He is in America working to bring them over.
(c) He is at war in Germany.
(d) He is at work at the docks.
5. From what do most of the boarders at Cy's home suffer?
(b) Old Age.
6. Why does Cy's mother board these "guests"?
(a) She believes it is her duty.
(b) Her husband forces her to do so.
(c) These guests pay her bills.
(d) She is a saint.
This section contains 5,480 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)