|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
(a) Happiest years of her life.
(b) The worst time of her life.
(c) A time of trials and difficulties.
(d) A time of luxury and being spoiled.
2. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
(a) Belittled it.
(b) Took it away.
(c) Undermined it.
(d) Improved it.
4. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
5. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Greek and Latin.
(b) Religion and poetry.
(c) Literature and history.
(d) Botany and husbandry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
3. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
2. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
3. Describe the scene when Franklin Roosevelt proposed to Eleanor.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
5. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
6. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
7. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
8. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
9. What was Allenswood like?
10. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)