|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(c) Rather ugly.
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She became more stubborn.
(b) She lost her fears.
(c) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(d) She learned to hold her tongue.
3. Where was Allenswood?
(a) New York.
4. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
(a) By supporting women's rights.
(b) By sponsoring women's rights.
(c) By opposing women's rights.
(d) By undermining women's rights.
5. Which child of Eleanor Roosevelt's died in infancy?
(b) James Roosevelt.
(c) Anna Roosevelt.
(d) Franklin Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
2. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
3. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
4. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
5. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the early years of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage.
2. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
3. What was Allenswood like?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
5. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
6. Describe the scene when Franklin Roosevelt proposed to Eleanor.
7. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt asserted her independence as First Lady?
8. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
9. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Eleanor and Franklin's personalities?
10. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)