|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They were young and confused.
(b) They talked a lot.
(c) They were passionate lovers.
(d) They were formal to the point of being cold.
2. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
(a) Wall Street law firm.
(b) New York government.
(c) Democratic political party.
(d) Charitable organization.
3. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(b) Hunger relief.
(c) Debt relief.
(d) Women's working conditions.
4. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
5. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
4. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
5. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
2. How did the role of First Lady change Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
4. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
5. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
6. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's entrance into charity work.
7. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
8. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
9. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
10. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)