|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
2. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She was not a beauty.
(c) She had been educated abroad.
(d) She did not know Greek.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Kept silent.
(b) Talked herself out of it.
(c) Argued fiercely.
(d) Argued fiercely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
4. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
2. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
3. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
4. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
6. What was Franklin Roosevelt's next step in politics?
7. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
8. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt when her husband was running for President?
9. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
10. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)