|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A boy from the Junior League.
(b) A working boy.
(c) A Harvard boy.
(d) A cousin.
2. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) St. Valentine's Day.
3. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
4. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
(b) She became depressed and suicidal.
(c) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
(d) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
3. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
4. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
3. What was Franklin Roosevelt's next step in politics?
4. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
6. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
7. What was the Secret Service's problem with Eleanor Roosevelt?
8. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
9. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
10. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)