Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
(a) The worst time of her life.
(b) A time of luxury and being spoiled.
(c) Happiest years of her life.
(d) A time of trials and difficulties.
2. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
4. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Debt relief.
(b) Women's working conditions.
(c) Hunger relief.
5. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
(c) She did not know him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
3. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
4. Which child of Eleanor Roosevelt's died in infancy?
5. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Allenswood like?
2. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
3. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
5. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
6. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's response to European hostilities?
7. What was the crowning achievement of Eleanor Roosevelt's career?
8. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
9. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
10. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)