|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
2. When was Eleanor Roosevelt's first child born?
(a) Winter 1905.
(b) Spring 1906.
(c) Fall 1906.
(d) Spring 1905.
3. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A broken ankle.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A needy personality.
(d) A financial crisis.
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His madness.
(b) His gambling.
(c) His fits of rage.
(d) His shotgun.
5. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Writing a letter to a man.
(b) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
(c) Dancing with a man.
(d) Talking with a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
3. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
4. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
5. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt when her husband was running for President?
3. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
4. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
5. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Eleanor and Franklin's personalities?
6. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
7. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
8. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
9. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
10. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)