|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lucy Mercer?
(a) The governess for Eleanor Roosevelt's children.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt's social secretary.
(c) Sarah Roosevelt's friend.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt's assistant.
2. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) Drought relief in Africa.
(c) The International Monetary Fund.
(d) The World Bank.
3. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
4. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
2. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
3. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
4. Which child of Eleanor Roosevelt's died in infancy?
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
3. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
5. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's effect on proceedings at the U.N. meeting after World War II.
6. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
7. What does Freedman tell us, in the opening chapter, about Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood?
8. What did Eleanor Roosevelt do to help women, as First Lady?
9. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
10. Describe Eleanor's relationship with the black community.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)