|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
(c) Niagara Falls.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Took it to new heights.
(b) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(c) Debased the office.
(d) Won more power for it.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(b) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(c) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(d) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
(a) She opposed her in almost everything.
(b) She adopted her as her own mother.
(c) She agreed with all her plans.
(d) She declared her independence from her.
5. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Allenswood?
2. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
4. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Secret Service's problem with Eleanor Roosevelt?
2. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
3. What does Freedman tell us, in the opening chapter, about Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood?
4. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
5. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
6. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
7. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
8. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt when her husband was running for President?
9. What was Allenswood like?
10. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)