|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
(a) Traveling the world.
(b) Opening the White House doors to reporters.
(c) Negotiating treaties herself.
(d) Driving her own car.
2. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She grew into it.
(b) She rebelled against it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She was hurt by it.
3. Where was Allenswood?
(d) New York.
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
(a) She was a horror.
(b) She was a beauty.
(c) She was plain.
(d) She was indistinct.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
2. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
3. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
5. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
2. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
3. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
4. What does Freedman tell us, in the opening chapter, about Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood?
5. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
6. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
7. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
8. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
9. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
10. Describe the early years of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)