|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(a) Her sister died.
(b) Her parents died.
(c) A farm accident.
2. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
(a) Franklin was lighthearted, but Eleanor withdrew from problems.
(b) Franklin was very social, but Eleanor was more political in her interests.
(c) Franklin allowed himself to go with other people's decisions, but Eleanor had to insist on her own way in things.
(d) Franklin brooded, but Eleanor kept working at keeping the household running.
3. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
4. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) A year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
5. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) Secretary of Interior.
(b) Lady Ambassador.
(c) First Lady of the World.
(d) Lady President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
3. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
4. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
2. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Eleanor and Franklin's personalities?
3. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
4. Describe the scene when Franklin Roosevelt proposed to Eleanor.
5. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
6. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
7. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
8. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
9. Describe the early years of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage.
10. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)