|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
(b) She became depressed and suicidal.
(c) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
(d) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
2. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) Writing letters to Eleanor.
(b) Talking about Eleanor with friends.
(c) Inviting her to his house.
(d) Calling Eleanor by her first name.
3. When was Eleanor Roosevelt's first child born?
(a) Spring 1905.
(b) Winter 1905.
(c) Spring 1906.
(d) Fall 1906.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
(a) She opposed her in almost everything.
(b) She declared her independence from her.
(c) She adopted her as her own mother.
(d) She agreed with all her plans.
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She did not know Greek.
(b) She had been educated abroad.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She was not married yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
2. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
3. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
4. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
5. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
2. What was the Secret Service's problem with Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. How did the role of First Lady change Eleanor Roosevelt?
4. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
6. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
7. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
8. What was Allenswood like?
9. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
10. What does Freedman tell us, in the opening chapter, about Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)