|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Argued fiercely.
(b) Argued fiercely.
(c) Talked herself out of it.
(d) Kept silent.
2. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A divorce.
(b) A needy personality.
(c) A financial crisis.
(d) A broken ankle.
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She had been educated abroad.
(b) She was not a beauty.
(c) She was not married yet.
(d) She did not know Greek.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
(a) Being surrounded by servants.
(b) Her husband's mistresses.
(c) Being in charge of so many decisions.
(d) Being so far from home.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
(a) It was the thing that stopped progress from happening.
(b) It should clear the way for social change.
(c) It was the most American profession.
(d) It was a man's profession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
4. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
5. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Allenswood like?
2. What does Freedman tell us, in the opening chapter, about Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
4. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
5. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
6. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
7. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt when her husband was running for President?
8. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
9. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
10. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)