|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She taught her to go without things.
(b) She strengthened her resolve.
(c) She schooled her in religion.
(d) She opened her mind.
2. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
(a) Oak Terrace.
(b) The Catskills.
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
4. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
(b) New Brunswick.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Campobello Island.
5. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(a) The Great War.
(b) The Civil War.
(d) The Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
3. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
5. When was Eleanor Roosevelt's first child born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
2. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
3. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
4. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's entrance into charity work.
5. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
6. Describe the early years of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage.
7. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
8. What was the Secret Service's problem with Eleanor Roosevelt?
9. How did the role of First Lady change Eleanor Roosevelt?
10. What was Franklin Roosevelt's next step in politics?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)