|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
(a) The World Bank.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) Drought relief in Africa.
(d) The International Monetary Fund.
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His fits of rage.
(b) His shotgun.
(c) His madness.
(d) His gambling.
3. When was Eleanor Roosevelt's first child born?
(a) Winter 1905.
(b) Spring 1906.
(c) Fall 1906.
(d) Spring 1905.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
(a) She was glad to have more space for the children.
(b) She was sorry to leave New York.
(c) She was delighted to get away from Sara.
(d) She was sorry to have to become a political wife.
5. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
(a) By undermining women's rights.
(b) By opposing women's rights.
(c) By supporting women's rights.
(d) By sponsoring women's rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lucy Mercer?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
3. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
4. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
2. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
3. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Eleanor and Franklin's personalities?
4. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
5. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
6. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
7. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
8. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
9. Describe the early years of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage.
10. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)