|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
(b) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
(c) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
(d) She became depressed and suicidal.
3. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(b) Scarlet fever.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She lost her fears.
(b) She learned to hold her tongue.
(c) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(d) She became more stubborn.
5. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
(c) St. Valentine's Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
2. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
4. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
5. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
2. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
3. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
4. What was Allenswood like?
5. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
6. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
7. How did the role of First Lady change Eleanor Roosevelt?
8. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
9. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt when her husband was running for President?
10. What does Freedman tell us, in the opening chapter, about Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)