|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Greek and Latin.
(b) Literature and history.
(c) Religion and poetry.
(d) Botany and husbandry.
2. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
4. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) A chaperone.
(c) Mlle. Souvestre.
(d) His mother.
5. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) First cousins.
(b) Second cousins.
(c) Fifth cousins.
(d) No relation.
6. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She negotiated treaties.
(b) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
(c) She unions and workers.
(d) She went for long drives alone.
7. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
(a) Niagara Falls.
8. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
(a) By supporting women's rights.
(b) By opposing women's rights.
(c) By undermining women's rights.
(d) By sponsoring women's rights.
9. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
10. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
(b) She did not know him.
11. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
12. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Talking with a man.
(b) Dancing with a man.
(c) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
(d) Writing a letter to a man.
13. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His madness.
(b) His fits of rage.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His shotgun.
14. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Working girls.
(c) Diplomats' daughters.
(d) Wealthy girls.
15. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
(a) The World Bank.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) Drought relief in Africa.
(d) The International Monetary Fund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
3. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
4. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
5. Where was Allenswood?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)