|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) Lady President.
(b) Lady Ambassador.
(c) First Lady of the World.
(d) Secretary of Interior.
2. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
(a) Being in charge of so many decisions.
(b) Being so far from home.
(c) Being surrounded by servants.
(d) Her husband's mistresses.
4. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A hard-driving businessman.
(b) A keep social observer.
(c) A popular sportsman.
(d) A genial host and drinking companion.
5. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
(c) Niagara Falls.
6. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
(a) To vacation in Maine.
(b) To visit his mother.
(c) To visit her grandmother.
(d) To return to school.
7. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
(a) She was adamant.
(b) She was flexible.
(c) She was accommodating.
(d) She was contrite.
8. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
(a) It should clear the way for social change.
(b) It was a man's profession.
(c) It was the most American profession.
(d) It was the thing that stopped progress from happening.
9. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(a) Her sister died.
(b) A farm accident.
(c) Her parents died.
10. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
11. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(c) Rather ugly.
12. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
(a) He disciplined them strictly.
(b) He played with them and spoiled them.
(c) He took them with him to the legislature.
(d) He hardy noticed them.
13. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not a beauty.
(b) She did not know Greek.
(c) She was not married yet.
(d) She had been educated abroad.
14. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) First cousins.
(b) Second cousins.
(c) No relation.
(d) Fifth cousins.
15. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(a) Temperance meetings.
(c) Love affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lucy Mercer?
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
4. What was the Junior League's purpose?
5. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)