|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Franklin Roosevelt encouraged to run for a third term?
(a) Because Congress formally asked him to.
(b) Because he had committed to seeing the war through himself.
(c) Because of the fragility of the political situation.
(d) Because of the failure of any Republicans to accept a nomination.
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt urge women to do in 'It's Up to the Women'?
(a) Guarantee equal rights for blacks.
(b) Participate in politics.
(c) Make the money for the household.
(d) Help the poor.
3. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
(a) Freedman says that Eleanor favored air strikes to occupation.
(b) Freedman says that Eleanor was anxious to get troops to Europe to protect the poor and desperate people there.
(c) Freedman says that Eleanor hated the possibility of another war.
(d) Freedman says that Eleanor wanted to defeat Germany once and for all.
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) Having to hold her tongue.
(b) Having to be outspoken.
(c) Being responsible for so many people.
(d) Being scrutinized by everyone.
5. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
(a) To get her husband to retire.
(b) To keep medical information from her husband.
(c) To get Franklin Roosevelt to write a book about his paralysis.
(d) To keep Franklin Roosevelt's name before the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
2. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
3. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
4. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
5. Eleanor Roosevelt was criticized for advocating what political stance?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)