|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt would ask his wife to back away from?
(a) The budget.
(b) Equal rights legislation.
(c) Politically untenable positions.
(d) Women's rights legislation.
2. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
(a) Started strategizing for 1924.
(b) Joined a law firm.
(d) Charity work.
3. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
(a) To get Franklin Roosevelt to write a book about his paralysis.
(b) To get her husband to retire.
(c) To keep medical information from her husband.
(d) To keep Franklin Roosevelt's name before the public.
4. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
(a) His strict discrimination policies.
(b) His personal contributions to the state's funds.
(c) His enormous losses in the stock market crash.
(d) His aggressive steps to create jobs.
5. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
(a) He asked her opinions.
(b) He introduced her to modern art.
(c) He was the most dashing man in the legislature.
(d) He adored her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
2. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
3. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt speaking for in her talks?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)