|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(c) Love affairs.
(d) Temperance meetings.
2. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
(a) Traveling the world.
(b) Driving her own car.
(c) Negotiating treaties herself.
(d) Opening the White House doors to reporters.
3. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
(a) Before she left England.
(b) When she turned twenty.
(c) The winter of her coming out.
(d) Right after retuning to the U.S.
4. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
(a) She had a soft spot for him, but no real affection.
(b) She didn't think he was interested in her.
(c) She was afraid of him.
(d) She doubted his seriousness as a person.
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
(a) She was indistinct.
(b) She was plain.
(c) She was a horror.
(d) She was a beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
3. Where did Eleanor take a political leadership position?
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt prefer to chauffeured limousines?
5. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)