|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
(a) The worst time of her life.
(b) A time of trials and difficulties.
(c) Happiest years of her life.
(d) A time of luxury and being spoiled.
2. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
(a) New York government.
(b) Charitable organization.
(c) Wall Street law firm.
(d) Democratic political party.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(b) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(c) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(d) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
4. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
(a) He gave her power to run more of his administration.
(b) He relied on her more.
(c) He guarded information from her.
(d) He forced her to be more restrained.
5. What did Marion Dickerman and Eleanor Roosevelt do together after Marion invited Eleanor to teach?
(a) Started teaching in the ghettoes.
(b) Bought the school.
(c) Opened a new school.
(d) Developed new techniques for teaching poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
2. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
3. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
4. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
5. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)