|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Roosevelt and the Democrats' position on the League of Nations?
(a) They were in favor of joining.
(b) They wanted the U.S. to run it.
(c) They were opposed to joining it.
(d) They were in favor of limiting U.S. involvement in it.
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
(c) Establishing U.S. bases.
(d) Closing U.S. naval bases.
3. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
(a) Freedman says that Eleanor wanted to defeat Germany once and for all.
(b) Freedman says that Eleanor favored air strikes to occupation.
(c) Freedman says that Eleanor was anxious to get troops to Europe to protect the poor and desperate people there.
(d) Freedman says that Eleanor hated the possibility of another war.
5. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He thought she would make a good mother.
(b) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
(c) He was smitten with her.
(d) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
2. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
3. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
4. Who was Lucy Mercer?
5. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)