|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(b) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(c) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(d) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
2. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was not considered attractive.
(b) She was a beauty.
(c) She was handsome but not beautiful.
(d) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(b) Fellow volunteer.
(c) Cousin and roommate.
(d) Rival for a boy's attention.
5. What role did Eleanor Roosevelt see for herself after FDR's death?
(a) A role in advocating for human rights.
(b) A role in advocating for women's rights.
(c) A role in international relations.
(d) No political role.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
2. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt saw the U.N.?
4. Why did Eleanor Roosevelt resign from the Daughters of the American Revolution?
5. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)