|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
(a) Freedman says that Eleanor was anxious to get troops to Europe to protect the poor and desperate people there.
(b) Freedman says that Eleanor favored air strikes to occupation.
(c) Freedman says that Eleanor hated the possibility of another war.
(d) Freedman says that Eleanor wanted to defeat Germany once and for all.
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(b) Fellow volunteer.
(c) Cousin and roommate.
(d) Rival for a boy's attention.
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
(a) She was accommodating.
(b) She was adamant.
(c) She was flexible.
(d) She was contrite.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Took it to new heights.
(b) Debased the office.
(c) Won more power for it.
(d) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
5. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
(a) He hardy noticed them.
(b) He played with them and spoiled them.
(c) He took them with him to the legislature.
(d) He disciplined them strictly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's suspicion about the Democratic Party's interest in women's rights?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
5. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)