|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT travel as a goodwill ambassador?
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She did not know Greek.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She had been educated abroad.
3. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
(a) She finally began to admire his character.
(b) She ceased to resent him.
(c) She fell in love with him again.
(d) She began to resent him.
4. How does Freedman say the trip to see troops affected Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) She returned very sick.
(b) She became severely depressed.
(c) She lost 30 pounds.
(d) She was invigorated.
5. Who does Freedman say the Roosevelts would invite to the White House?
(a) Their political enemies.
(b) Their extended families.
(c) Their children and grandchildren.
(d) Their childhood friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
2. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt co-direct with Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia?
4. Where did Eleanor travel to visit troops?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)