|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
2. With whom did Eleanor Roosevelt fly from Baltimore to Washington D.C.?
(a) Eddie Rickenbacker.
(b) Jimmy Doolittle.
(c) Roscoe Turner.
(d) Amelia Earhart.
3. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Ending child labor.
(b) Giving women the vote.
(c) Limiting hours of the work week.
(d) Giving women the right to organize in labor unions
4. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
(a) Louis Howe.
(b) Calvin Coolidge.
(c) James Cox.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
5. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
(a) Franklin brooded, but Eleanor kept working at keeping the household running.
(b) Franklin allowed himself to go with other people's decisions, but Eleanor had to insist on her own way in things.
(c) Franklin was lighthearted, but Eleanor withdrew from problems.
(d) Franklin was very social, but Eleanor was more political in her interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Franklin Roosevelt encouraged to run for a third term?
2. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
4. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
5. Who was Molly Dewson?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)