|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
2. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
(a) Franklin and Eleanor become closer and more intimate.
(b) It became a partnership.
(c) It became a constant battle.
(d) It died.
3. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
(a) Wall Street law firm.
(b) Charitable organization.
(c) Democratic political party.
(d) New York government.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
(b) She became depressed and suicidal.
(c) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
(d) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt co-direct with Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia?
(a) The Office of Civilian Defense.
(b) The Communication Corps.
(c) The USO.
(d) The League of Women's Voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt speaking for in her talks?
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
3. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
4. What did Franklin Roosevelt die of?
5. What does Freedman say people expected Eleanor Roosevelt to do as First Lady?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)