|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
(a) It became a partnership.
(b) It became a constant battle.
(c) Franklin and Eleanor become closer and more intimate.
(d) It died.
2. Who was Lucy Mercer?
(a) The governess for Eleanor Roosevelt's children.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt's social secretary.
(c) Sarah Roosevelt's friend.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt's assistant.
3. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(a) Her sister died.
(c) A farm accident.
(d) Her parents died.
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt's outspoken public persona.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt's driving alone.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt's reclusivity.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt's trips to foreign countries.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Campaign for office.
(b) Speaking engagements.
(c) Political debates.
(d) Radio interviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT travel as a goodwill ambassador?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
3. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
4. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
5. Who was allowed into Eleanor Roosevelt's press conferences?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)