|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She schooled her in religion.
(b) She strengthened her resolve.
(c) She taught her to go without things.
(d) She opened her mind.
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
(b) Closing U.S. naval bases.
(c) Establishing U.S. bases.
3. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
(a) He hardy noticed them.
(b) He took them with him to the legislature.
(c) He disciplined them strictly.
(d) He played with them and spoiled them.
4. What role did Eleanor Roosevelt see for herself after FDR's death?
(a) A role in advocating for women's rights.
(b) No political role.
(c) A role in international relations.
(d) A role in advocating for human rights.
5. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
(b) Going to the opera.
(c) Her teaching job in the slums.
(d) Charity work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt work with a private coach to improve?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
4. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
5. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)