|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
(a) She threatened to cut off his inheritance if he divorced.
(b) She offered him his freedom.
(c) She threatened to ruin his political career if he divorced.
(d) She told him she would support him no matter what.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's role in the New Age her husband was inaugurating?
(a) She was the motivation.
(b) She was the conscience.
(c) She was the legwork.
(d) She was the intelligence.
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
(a) She was not distinguished.
(b) She had the seat of honor at dinner.
(c) She was a constant troublemaker.
(d) She was often chastised.
4. What was Roosevelt and the Democrats' position on the League of Nations?
(a) They wanted the U.S. to run it.
(b) They were in favor of joining.
(c) They were opposed to joining it.
(d) They were in favor of limiting U.S. involvement in it.
5. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
(a) He guarded information from her.
(b) He gave her power to run more of his administration.
(c) He relied on her more.
(d) He forced her to be more restrained.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
2. What kind of TV show did Eleanor Roosevelt host?
3. When did World War I end?
4. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt prefer to chauffeured limousines?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)