|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
(b) Hold meetings.
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His madness.
(b) His fits of rage.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His shotgun.
3. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
(a) The children would interrupt Franklin or Eleanor Roosevelt if they didn't agree.
(b) Eleanor would throw people out of they disagreed with her.
(c) There was always a respectful silence when the President and First Lady spoke.
(d) The President and First Lady would pick their visitors' brains for information and observations.
4. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
(b) Niagara Falls.
5. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
(a) She distributed leaflets.
(b) She served on the legislative committee.
(c) She coordinated rallies.
(d) She helped with fundraising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
3. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
5. How does Freedman describe the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on civil rights?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)