|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A broken ankle.
(b) A needy personality.
(c) A financial crisis.
(d) A divorce.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
(a) In a light that would help women's rights.
(b) In a light that would help him in the polls.
(c) In a light that would help the common man.
(d) As accurately as possible.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(b) Queenly decorum.
(c) Placid confidence.
4. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A boy from the Junior League.
(c) A working boy.
(d) A Harvard boy.
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
(a) She was a beauty.
(b) She was indistinct.
(c) She was a horror.
(d) She was plain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt speaking for in her talks?
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's suspicion about the Democratic Party's interest in women's rights?
4. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
5. What was Eleanor's position at the Women's Democratic News?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)