|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
(a) She would buy a book or bring a guest who could articulate her idea.
(b) She would make her proposal in the most concise way.
(c) She would talk to him when they were alone.
(d) She would talk to her husband's advisors, and convince them to support her idea.
2. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(a) Scarlet fever.
3. Where would Franklin Roosevelt go for his health?
(a) The Maine Coast.
(b) Ballston Spa.
(c) Warm Springs.
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She became invigorated.
(c) She became determined to do good deeds.
(d) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
5. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
(a) A time of trials and difficulties.
(b) A time of luxury and being spoiled.
(c) The worst time of her life.
(d) Happiest years of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
2. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt urge women to do in 'It's Up to the Women'?
4. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
5. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)