|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
(a) She began to resent him.
(b) She fell in love with him again.
(c) She ceased to resent him.
(d) She finally began to admire his character.
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She opened her mind.
(b) She schooled her in religion.
(c) She strengthened her resolve.
(d) She taught her to go without things.
3. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
(a) The winter of her coming out.
(b) Before she left England.
(c) Right after retuning to the U.S.
(d) When she turned twenty.
4. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A popular sportsman.
(b) A hard-driving businessman.
(c) A keep social observer.
(d) A genial host and drinking companion.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt urge women to do in 'It's Up to the Women'?
(a) Participate in politics.
(b) Make the money for the household.
(c) Guarantee equal rights for blacks.
(d) Help the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
2. What was Eleanor's position at the Women's Democratic News?
3. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
5. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)