|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor do after Franklin Roosevelt lost the 1920 election?
(a) Started an affair with Louis Howe.
(c) Charity work.
(d) Went to business school.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She became invigorated.
(b) She became depressed.
(c) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
(d) She became determined to do good deeds.
3. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
(a) Her triumph over shyness.
(b) Her devotion to her husband.
(c) Her political awakening.
(d) Her ability to speak up to her mother-in-law.
4. What does Freedman say people expected Eleanor Roosevelt to do as First Lady?
(a) Decorate the White House.
(b) Help her husband make decisions.
(c) Be quiet.
(d) Gather information for the President.
5. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He was smitten with her.
(b) He thought she would make a good mother.
(c) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
(d) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Franklin Roosevelt follow into politics?
2. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
3. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
5. Who was allowed into Eleanor Roosevelt's press conferences?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)