|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Debased the office.
(b) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(c) Won more power for it.
(d) Took it to new heights.
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Hunting party.
(b) Political rally.
(c) Dinner party.
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Humble and religious.
(b) Pleasant and gracious.
(c) Aggressive and political.
(d) Awkward and shy.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(b) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(c) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(d) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
5. What was Eleanor's position at the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Political correspondent.
(c) Fundraising coordinator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
2. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
3. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
4. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
5. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)