|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
(a) To keep Franklin Roosevelt's name before the public.
(b) To keep medical information from her husband.
(c) To get Franklin Roosevelt to write a book about his paralysis.
(d) To get her husband to retire.
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
(c) Closing U.S. naval bases.
(d) Establishing U.S. bases.
3. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
(a) She objected.
(b) She urged patience.
(c) She made everyone uncomfortable with her doubts.
(d) She was delighted for them.
4. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
(a) He told her to just bear it.
(b) He told her to keep busy.
(c) He told her that it wouldn't be long before things improved.
(d) He told her to speak up.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
(a) Being so far from home.
(b) Being surrounded by servants.
(c) Her husband's mistresses.
(d) Being in charge of so many decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
2. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
3. What does Freedman say people expected Eleanor Roosevelt to do as First Lady?
4. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
5. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)