|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
(a) There was an aura about her.
(b) She was quiet and sometimes faded into the background.
(c) She was always in motion.
(d) She carried a cloud over her.
2. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
3. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(b) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(c) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(d) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
4. When did World War I end?
(a) May 1918.
(b) August 1917.
(c) June 1916.
(d) November 1918.
5. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
(a) Her ability to speak up to her mother-in-law.
(b) Her triumph over shyness.
(c) Her devotion to her husband.
(d) Her political awakening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
2. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
3. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
5. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)