|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
(a) Her devotion to her husband.
(b) Her ability to speak up to her mother-in-law.
(c) Her political awakening.
(d) Her triumph over shyness.
2. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Wealthy girls.
(b) Diplomats' daughters.
(c) Working girls.
(d) Her siblings.
3. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To educate workers.
(b) To organize the poor politically.
(c) To help the needy.
(d) To raise money for political parties.
4. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
(a) She helped with fundraising.
(b) She distributed leaflets.
(c) She coordinated rallies.
(d) She served on the legislative committee.
5. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Hunger relief.
(b) Women's working conditions.
(c) Debt relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
2. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
3. What was Roosevelt and the Democrats' position on the League of Nations?
4. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
5. Why did Eleanor Roosevelt resign from the Daughters of the American Revolution?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)