|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) Lady Ambassador.
(b) Secretary of Interior.
(c) First Lady of the World.
(d) Lady President.
2. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
(a) Her selflessness.
(b) Her old-fashioned ways.
(c) Her cute face.
(d) Her thoughtful expression.
3. What were Franklin Roosevelt's advisers' thoughts about Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They played off her radical views to enhance Franklin Roosevelt's image.
(b) They let her test the waters, and then charted their course.
(c) They were apprehensive about her radical views.
(d) They tried everything they could to silence her.
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) A gun.
(b) Her own car.
(c) A budget.
(d) Top secret security clearance.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) Having to hold her tongue.
(b) Being scrutinized by everyone.
(c) Having to be outspoken.
(d) Being responsible for so many people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
5. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)