|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
(a) Undermined it.
(b) Improved it.
(c) Took it away.
(d) Belittled it.
2. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(b) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(c) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(d) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She became invigorated.
(c) She became determined to do good deeds.
(d) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She had been educated abroad.
(b) She did not know Greek.
(c) She was not married yet.
(d) She was not a beauty.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Campaign for office.
(b) Speaking engagements.
(c) Political debates.
(d) Radio interviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
2. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
4. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
5. What does Freedman say was a contentious issue between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)