|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She became depressed and suicidal.
(b) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
(c) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
(d) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
(a) Being in charge of so many decisions.
(b) Being surrounded by servants.
(c) Her husband's mistresses.
(d) Being so far from home.
3. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(a) The sad-eyed lady.
4. How does Freedman describe the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on civil rights?
(a) Franklin doubted it could be done politically.
(b) Eleanor had more passion.
(c) Franklin wanted change to come by legislation, Eleanor favored subtler influence.
(d) Eleanor wanted change immediately, but Franklin could accept a more gradual pace.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt became for Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) Pride and joy.
(b) A saint.
(c) A thorn in his side.
(d) Eyes and ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
4. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
5. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)