|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Eleanor Roosevelt fly from Baltimore to Washington D.C.?
(a) Jimmy Doolittle.
(b) Eddie Rickenbacker.
(c) Roscoe Turner.
(d) Amelia Earhart.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Debased the office.
(b) Took it to new heights.
(c) Won more power for it.
(d) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
3. How does Freedman describe the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on civil rights?
(a) Franklin doubted it could be done politically.
(b) Eleanor had more passion.
(c) Eleanor wanted change immediately, but Franklin could accept a more gradual pace.
(d) Franklin wanted change to come by legislation, Eleanor favored subtler influence.
4. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Depression.
(d) The Great War.
5. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A financial crisis.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A broken ankle.
(d) A needy personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's response when she found Lucy Mercer's love letters to Franklin?
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
4. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
5. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt would ask his wife to back away from?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)