|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lucy Mercer?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt's assistant.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt's social secretary.
(c) The governess for Eleanor Roosevelt's children.
(d) Sarah Roosevelt's friend.
2. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt speaking for in her talks?
(a) American civilization itself.
(b) The woman of the house.
(c) The downtrodden.
(d) The small businessman.
3. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
(a) Niagara Falls.
4. What communities did Eleanor Roosevelt provide political access to for her husband?
(a) The poor.
(d) Business elites.
5. What does Freedman say people expected Eleanor Roosevelt to do as First Lady?
(a) Help her husband make decisions.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Decorate the White House.
(d) Gather information for the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
2. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
3. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
4. What were Franklin Roosevelt's advisers' thoughts about Eleanor Roosevelt?
5. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)