|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) Her own car.
(b) Top secret security clearance.
(c) A budget.
(d) A gun.
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She had been educated abroad.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She did not know Greek.
3. When was Eleanor Roosevelt's first child born?
(a) Spring 1906.
(b) Winter 1905.
(c) Fall 1906.
(d) Spring 1905.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Argued fiercely.
(b) Kept silent.
(c) Talked herself out of it.
(d) Argued fiercely.
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
(a) She agreed with all her plans.
(b) She declared her independence from her.
(c) She adopted her as her own mother.
(d) She opposed her in almost everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Junior League's purpose?
2. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
3. Where would Franklin Roosevelt go for his health?
4. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)