|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lucy Mercer?
(a) The governess for Eleanor Roosevelt's children.
(b) Sarah Roosevelt's friend.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt's assistant.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt's social secretary.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She became determined to do good deeds.
(b) She became depressed.
(c) She became invigorated.
(d) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
3. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
(a) Her triumph over shyness.
(b) Her political awakening.
(c) Her ability to speak up to her mother-in-law.
(d) Her devotion to her husband.
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) Being responsible for so many people.
(b) Having to be outspoken.
(c) Being scrutinized by everyone.
(d) Having to hold her tongue.
5. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
(a) She was less and less interested in the wedding.
(b) She was terrified that Eleanor was taking Franklin away.
(c) She started to have doubts about Franklin as a husband.
(d) She came to adore Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did World War I end?
2. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
3. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
4. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt would ask his wife to back away from?
5. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)