|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
(c) Closing U.S. naval bases.
(d) Establishing U.S. bases.
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's suspicion about the Democratic Party's interest in women's rights?
(a) They were just trying to use the female vote.
(b) They wanted to make token gestures, but ultimately prevent women from having rights.
(c) They were using the women's issues to distract from other more politically awkward issues.
(d) They did not really want give women a say.
3. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
(a) St. Valentine's Day.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
(a) She was quiet and sometimes faded into the background.
(b) She was always in motion.
(c) She carried a cloud over her.
(d) There was an aura about her.
5. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
(a) Before she left England.
(b) Right after retuning to the U.S.
(c) When she turned twenty.
(d) The winter of her coming out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Eleanor Roosevelt resign from the Daughters of the American Revolution?
2. Which child of Eleanor Roosevelt's died in infancy?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
4. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
5. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)