|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
(b) She went for long drives alone.
(c) She negotiated treaties.
(d) She unions and workers.
2. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(d) The sad-eyed lady.
3. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had died.
(b) The family's fortunes had declined.
(c) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(d) Her grandmother had died.
4. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
(a) She served on the legislative committee.
(b) She helped with fundraising.
(c) She distributed leaflets.
(d) She coordinated rallies.
5. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt work with a private coach to improve?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
4. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)