|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor do after Franklin Roosevelt lost the 1920 election?
(a) Went to business school.
(b) Charity work.
(c) Started an affair with Louis Howe.
2. What does Freedman say people expected Eleanor Roosevelt to do as First Lady?
(a) Gather information for the President.
(b) Decorate the White House.
(c) Help her husband make decisions.
(d) Be quiet.
3. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
(b) A stroke.
(c) A swimming accident.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
5. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Greek and Latin.
(b) Literature and history.
(c) Botany and husbandry.
(d) Religion and poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
2. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
3. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
4. How many men does Freedman say were killed in World War I?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)