|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt show his regard for Marion Dickerman and Nancy Cook?
(a) He paid for them to travel to Europe for political training.
(b) He donated money to their campaigns.
(c) He built a cottage for them at Hyde Park.
(d) He wrote editorials in support of their causes.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(b) Political rally.
(c) Hunting party.
(d) Dinner party.
4. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
(a) He hardy noticed them.
(b) He took them with him to the legislature.
(c) He played with them and spoiled them.
(d) He disciplined them strictly.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Campaign for office.
(b) Speaking engagements.
(c) Radio interviews.
(d) Political debates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
5. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)