|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lucy Mercer?
(a) The governess for Eleanor Roosevelt's children.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt's assistant.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt's social secretary.
(d) Sarah Roosevelt's friend.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt became for Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) Eyes and ears.
(b) A thorn in his side.
(c) Pride and joy.
(d) A saint.
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She learned to hold her tongue.
(b) She lost her fears.
(c) She became more stubborn.
(d) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
4. Eleanor Roosevelt was criticized for advocating what political stance?
(a) Government regulation.
(b) Equal rights for blacks.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) Environmental protection.
5. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She grew into it.
(b) She was hurt by it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She rebelled against it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt urge women to do in 'It's Up to the Women'?
2. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
4. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
5. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)