|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Debt relief.
(b) Hunger relief.
(c) Women's working conditions.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was a beauty.
(b) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
(c) She was not considered attractive.
(d) She was handsome but not beautiful.
3. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To help the needy.
(b) To organize the poor politically.
(c) To raise money for political parties.
(d) To educate workers.
4. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
(a) To return to school.
(b) To visit his mother.
(c) To visit her grandmother.
(d) To vacation in Maine.
5. Who was Earl Miller?
(a) An activist.
(b) A state trooper.
(c) A political appointee.
(d) A reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
2. What were the social conditions like in America when Franklin Roosevelt took office?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
4. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
5. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)