|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
(a) Being in charge of so many decisions.
(b) Being so far from home.
(c) Being surrounded by servants.
(d) Her husband's mistresses.
2. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
3. Why did Franklin Roosevelt expand the size of the federal government?
(a) To elbow out his competitors.
(b) To protect against Communism.
(c) To solidify his support.
(d) To create opportunities.
4. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
5. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
(a) She threatened to ruin his political career if he divorced.
(b) She told him she would support him no matter what.
(c) She threatened to cut off his inheritance if he divorced.
(d) She offered him his freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
2. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
3. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
4. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)