|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
(a) She was contrite.
(b) She was flexible.
(c) She was adamant.
(d) She was accommodating.
3. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her grandmother had died.
(b) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(c) Her uncle had died.
(d) The family's fortunes had declined.
4. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
(a) He disciplined them strictly.
(b) He took them with him to the legislature.
(c) He played with them and spoiled them.
(d) He hardy noticed them.
5. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Louis Howe.
(c) Calvin Coolidge.
(d) James Cox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
2. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
3. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
4. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
5. What did Marion Dickerman and Eleanor Roosevelt do together after Marion invited Eleanor to teach?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)