|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor refuse to give up when Franklin Roosevelt was elected Governor of New York?
(c) Political activities.
(d) The Women's Democratic News.
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Political rally.
(c) Hunting party.
(d) Dinner party.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(c) Placid confidence.
(d) Queenly decorum.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Won more power for it.
(b) Debased the office.
(c) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(d) Took it to new heights.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) Having to hold her tongue.
(b) Being responsible for so many people.
(c) Being scrutinized by everyone.
(d) Having to be outspoken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say people expected Eleanor Roosevelt to do as First Lady?
2. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
3. What communities did Eleanor Roosevelt provide political access to for her husband?
4. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
5. Who was allowed into Eleanor Roosevelt's press conferences?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)