|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) Lady Ambassador.
(b) First Lady of the World.
(c) Lady President.
(d) Secretary of Interior.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was a beauty.
(b) She was not considered attractive.
(c) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
(d) She was handsome but not beautiful.
3. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
(a) He took them with him to the legislature.
(b) He played with them and spoiled them.
(c) He disciplined them strictly.
(d) He hardy noticed them.
4. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Political debates.
(b) Speaking engagements.
(c) Radio interviews.
(d) Campaign for office.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Eleanor Roosevelt's first child born?
2. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
3. Who was Lucy Mercer?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
5. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)