|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Dinner party.
(b) Political rally.
(d) Hunting party.
2. What was Eleanor's position at the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Political correspondent.
(b) Fundraising coordinator.
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She was hurt by it.
(b) She loved it.
(c) She grew into it.
(d) She rebelled against it.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(b) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(c) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(d) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
5. Which child of Eleanor Roosevelt's died in infancy?
(a) Anna Roosevelt.
(b) James Roosevelt.
(c) Franklin Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
3. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
5. What were the social conditions like in America when Franklin Roosevelt took office?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)