|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) Second cousins.
(b) First cousins.
(c) No relation.
(d) Fifth cousins.
2. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
3. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
(a) She had a soft spot for him, but no real affection.
(b) She was afraid of him.
(c) She didn't think he was interested in her.
(d) She doubted his seriousness as a person.
4. Where was Allenswood?
(b) New York.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
(a) She spoke more strongly for justice and peace.
(b) She spoke out for American participation in World War II.
(c) She began to speak less and less as her husband's presidency went on.
(d) She spoke out in defense of corporations and free enterprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
2. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
3. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's response when she found Lucy Mercer's love letters to Franklin?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)