|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Took it to new heights.
(b) Won more power for it.
(c) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(d) Debased the office.
2. What were Franklin Roosevelt's advisers' thoughts about Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They were apprehensive about her radical views.
(b) They tried everything they could to silence her.
(c) They played off her radical views to enhance Franklin Roosevelt's image.
(d) They let her test the waters, and then charted their course.
3. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) First Lady of the World.
(b) Lady President.
(c) Secretary of Interior.
(d) Lady Ambassador.
4. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
5. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Two months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
2. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
4. When did Franklin Roosevelt take office in the White House?
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)