|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Won more power for it.
(b) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(c) Debased the office.
(d) Took it to new heights.
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt urge women to do in 'It's Up to the Women'?
(a) Participate in politics.
(b) Guarantee equal rights for blacks.
(c) Make the money for the household.
(d) Help the poor.
3. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) No relation.
(b) Fifth cousins.
(c) Second cousins.
(d) First cousins.
4. Who did Franklin Roosevelt follow into politics?
(a) His mother's advice.
(b) His father.
(c) A lawyer from his firm.
(d) His cousin Teddy.
5. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She rebelled against it.
(b) She grew into it.
(c) She was hurt by it.
(d) She loved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
4. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
5. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)