|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
(a) It was a man's profession.
(b) It should clear the way for social change.
(c) It was the most American profession.
(d) It was the thing that stopped progress from happening.
2. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
(a) The worst time of her life.
(b) A time of luxury and being spoiled.
(c) Happiest years of her life.
(d) A time of trials and difficulties.
3. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was a beauty.
(b) She was handsome but not beautiful.
(c) She was not considered attractive.
(d) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
5. What were Franklin Roosevelt's advisers' thoughts about Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They played off her radical views to enhance Franklin Roosevelt's image.
(b) They let her test the waters, and then charted their course.
(c) They tried everything they could to silence her.
(d) They were apprehensive about her radical views.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
2. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
5. What responsibility did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt say the government bore?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)