|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(b) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(c) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(d) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
2. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(b) Temperance meetings.
(d) Love affairs.
3. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Women's working conditions.
(b) Hunger relief.
(d) Debt relief.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She taught her to go without things.
(b) She schooled her in religion.
(c) She strengthened her resolve.
(d) She opened her mind.
5. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
(a) Joined a law firm.
(c) Charity work.
(d) Started strategizing for 1924.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
2. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
3. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
4. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt speaking for in her talks?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)