|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His shotgun.
(b) His fits of rage.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His madness.
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's response when she found Lucy Mercer's love letters to Franklin?
(a) Offered him his freedom.
(b) Locked him out of the house.
(d) Told Sara to talk to him.
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She became invigorated.
(b) She became depressed.
(c) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
(d) She became determined to do good deeds.
4. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He thought she would make a good mother.
(b) He was smitten with her.
(c) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
(d) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
(a) She did not like it because she was not good at it.
(b) She became apprehensive before speaking, but generally impressed people with her speaking.
(c) She learned to use crowds' emotions.
(d) She hated it because it made her so nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
2. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
3. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
4. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)