|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A working boy.
(b) A boy from the Junior League.
(c) A Harvard boy.
(d) A cousin.
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) Top secret security clearance.
(b) Her own car.
(c) A gun.
(d) A budget.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Debased the office.
(b) Won more power for it.
(c) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(d) Took it to new heights.
4. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
(a) The World Bank.
(b) Drought relief in Africa.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The International Monetary Fund.
5. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
(a) Oak Terrace.
(b) The Catskills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
2. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
3. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
5. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)