|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Kept silent.
(b) Argued fiercely.
(c) Talked herself out of it.
(d) Argued fiercely.
2. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(a) The Depression.
(b) The Great War.
(c) The Civil War.
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Aggressive and political.
(b) Humble and religious.
(c) Awkward and shy.
(d) Pleasant and gracious.
4. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(a) Her parents died.
(b) A farm accident.
(d) Her sister died.
5. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
(a) Drought relief in Africa.
(b) The International Monetary Fund.
(c) The World Bank.
(d) The United Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
3. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)