|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(a) Queenly decorum.
(c) Placid confidence.
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt's outspoken public persona.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt's reclusivity.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt's driving alone.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt's trips to foreign countries.
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
(a) She was a horror.
(b) She was a beauty.
(c) She was indistinct.
(d) She was plain.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She taught her to go without things.
(b) She schooled her in religion.
(c) She strengthened her resolve.
(d) She opened her mind.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
2. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
5. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)