|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A financial crisis.
(b) A broken ankle.
(c) A divorce.
(d) A needy personality.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Won more power for it.
(b) Took it to new heights.
(c) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(d) Debased the office.
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
(a) There was an aura about her.
(b) She was always in motion.
(c) She was quiet and sometimes faded into the background.
(d) She carried a cloud over her.
4. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(a) Love affairs.
(c) Temperance meetings.
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She had been educated abroad.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She did not know Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
4. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
5. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)