|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She was hurt by it.
(b) She rebelled against it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She grew into it.
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
(a) Improved it.
(b) Took it away.
(c) Belittled it.
(d) Undermined it.
3. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(a) The Great War.
(b) The Depression.
(c) The Civil War.
4. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) First Lady of the World.
(b) Lady President.
(c) Secretary of Interior.
(d) Lady Ambassador.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She negotiated treaties.
(b) She went for long drives alone.
(c) She unions and workers.
(d) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
2. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)