|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(b) Her uncle had died.
(c) The family's fortunes had declined.
(d) Her grandmother had died.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
(b) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
(c) She became depressed and suicidal.
(d) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
(b) She was not considered attractive.
(c) She was a beauty.
(d) She was handsome but not beautiful.
5. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(d) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
3. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
4. Where was Allenswood?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)