|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She loved it.
(b) She was hurt by it.
(c) She rebelled against it.
(d) She grew into it.
2. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Debased the office.
(b) Took it to new heights.
(c) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(d) Won more power for it.
4. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Religion and poetry.
(b) Botany and husbandry.
(c) Literature and history.
(d) Greek and Latin.
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Allenswood?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
3. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
5. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)