|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(a) Cousin and roommate.
(b) Rival for a boy's attention.
(d) Fellow volunteer.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Humble and religious.
(b) Awkward and shy.
(c) Aggressive and political.
(d) Pleasant and gracious.
3. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(b) The Great War.
(c) The Depression.
(d) The Civil War.
4. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
(a) Traveling the world.
(b) Driving her own car.
(c) Opening the White House doors to reporters.
(d) Negotiating treaties herself.
5. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Hunting party.
(c) Dinner party.
(d) Political rally.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
3. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
4. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
5. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)