|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She was hurt by it.
(b) She rebelled against it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She grew into it.
2. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To raise money for political parties.
(b) To organize the poor politically.
(c) To help the needy.
(d) To educate workers.
3. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt's trips to foreign countries.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt's reclusivity.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt's outspoken public persona.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt's driving alone.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(a) Fellow volunteer.
(c) Cousin and roommate.
(d) Rival for a boy's attention.
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She did not know Greek.
(b) She had been educated abroad.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She was not married yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
5. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)