|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She rebelled against it.
(b) She was hurt by it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She grew into it.
2. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(b) Her sister died.
(c) A farm accident.
(d) Her parents died.
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
4. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(b) She became more stubborn.
(c) She lost her fears.
(d) She learned to hold her tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
3. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
4. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
5. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)