|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Allenswood?
(c) New York.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
(a) She was plain.
(b) She was a beauty.
(c) She was indistinct.
(d) She was a horror.
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She was hurt by it.
(b) She loved it.
(c) She rebelled against it.
(d) She grew into it.
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
(a) She carried a cloud over her.
(b) She was always in motion.
(c) She was quiet and sometimes faded into the background.
(d) There was an aura about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
2. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
3. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
4. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
5. What was the Junior League's purpose?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)