|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
(a) Her cute face.
(b) Her selflessness.
(c) Her old-fashioned ways.
(d) Her thoughtful expression.
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His shotgun.
(c) His fits of rage.
(d) His madness.
3. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To organize the poor politically.
(b) To educate workers.
(c) To raise money for political parties.
(d) To help the needy.
4. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Wealthy girls.
(b) Diplomats' daughters.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Working girls.
5. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Botany and husbandry.
(b) Religion and poetry.
(c) Greek and Latin.
(d) Literature and history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
2. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
3. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)