|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Political rally.
(b) Hunting party.
(c) Dinner party.
2. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She lost her fears.
(b) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(c) She learned to hold her tongue.
(d) She became more stubborn.
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) A budget.
(b) Her own car.
(c) Top secret security clearance.
(d) A gun.
5. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) The family's fortunes had declined.
(b) Her uncle had died.
(c) Her grandmother had died.
(d) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
2. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
4. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
5. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)