|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(b) Hunting party.
(c) Dinner party.
(d) Political rally.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not a beauty.
(b) She was not married yet.
(c) She did not know Greek.
(d) She had been educated abroad.
4. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(d) Scarlet fever.
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A Harvard boy.
(b) A working boy.
(c) A boy from the Junior League.
(d) A cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
3. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
4. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)