|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(b) The Depression.
(c) The Great War.
(d) The Civil War.
2. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(b) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(c) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(d) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
3. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) Lady President.
(b) Lady Ambassador.
(c) Secretary of Interior.
(d) First Lady of the World.
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
(a) Undermined it.
(b) Took it away.
(c) Improved it.
(d) Belittled it.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(b) Cousin and roommate.
(c) Rival for a boy's attention.
(d) Fellow volunteer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
3. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
5. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)