|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
(a) Her thoughtful expression.
(b) Her cute face.
(c) Her old-fashioned ways.
(d) Her selflessness.
2. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Hunting party.
(c) Political rally.
(d) Dinner party.
4. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Greek and Latin.
(b) Literature and history.
(c) Religion and poetry.
(d) Botany and husbandry.
5. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
(a) The Catskills.
(c) Oak Terrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
5. Where was Allenswood?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)