|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She negotiated treaties.
(b) She went for long drives alone.
(c) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
(d) She unions and workers.
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His fits of rage.
(b) His shotgun.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His madness.
3. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(a) A farm accident.
(b) Her parents died.
(c) Her sister died.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(b) She lost her fears.
(c) She learned to hold her tongue.
(d) She became more stubborn.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Allenswood?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
3. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
5. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)