|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Mademoiselle Souvestre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(c) Rather ugly.
2. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Wealthy girls.
(c) Diplomats' daughters.
(d) Working girls.
3. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Dinner party.
(c) Political rally.
(d) Hunting party.
4. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Hunger relief.
(b) Women's working conditions.
(c) Debt relief.
5. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She grew into it.
(b) She was hurt by it.
(c) She rebelled against it.
(d) She loved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)