|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(d) Rather ugly.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Debased the office.
(b) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(c) Won more power for it.
(d) Took it to new heights.
3. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
(a) Opening the White House doors to reporters.
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) Driving her own car.
(d) Negotiating treaties herself.
4. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(b) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
(c) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(d) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
4. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
5. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)