|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(c) The sad-eyed lady.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
(a) She was contrite.
(b) She was flexible.
(c) She was adamant.
(d) She was accommodating.
3. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
(a) To visit her grandmother.
(b) To return to school.
(c) To vacation in Maine.
(d) To visit his mother.
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She negotiated treaties.
(b) She went for long drives alone.
(c) She unions and workers.
(d) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
5. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
2. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
4. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)