|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Allenswood?
(d) New York.
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Dinner party.
(b) Political rally.
(d) Hunting party.
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
(a) Improved it.
(b) Undermined it.
(c) Took it away.
(d) Belittled it.
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
(a) She was plain.
(b) She was a beauty.
(c) She was indistinct.
(d) She was a horror.
5. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They were passionate lovers.
(b) They talked a lot.
(c) They were young and confused.
(d) They were formal to the point of being cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
2. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
3. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
5. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)