|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To raise money for political parties.
(b) To organize the poor politically.
(c) To help the needy.
(d) To educate workers.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They were young and confused.
(b) They were formal to the point of being cold.
(c) They were passionate lovers.
(d) They talked a lot.
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She did not know Greek.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She had been educated abroad.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(b) Rival for a boy's attention.
(c) Fellow volunteer.
(d) Cousin and roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
3. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
4. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
5. Where was Allenswood?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)