|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) Inviting her to his house.
(b) Writing letters to Eleanor.
(c) Calling Eleanor by her first name.
(d) Talking about Eleanor with friends.
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She opened her mind.
(b) She taught her to go without things.
(c) She schooled her in religion.
(d) She strengthened her resolve.
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She unions and workers.
(b) She negotiated treaties.
(c) She went for long drives alone.
(d) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
4. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She grew into it.
(b) She rebelled against it.
(c) She was hurt by it.
(d) She loved it.
5. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He was smitten with her.
(b) He thought she would make a good mother.
(c) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
(d) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
3. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)