|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
(a) A chaperone.
(b) Mlle. Souvestre.
(c) His mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She learned to hold her tongue.
(b) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(c) She lost her fears.
(d) She became more stubborn.
3. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They talked a lot.
(b) They were passionate lovers.
(c) They were young and confused.
(d) They were formal to the point of being cold.
4. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Wealthy girls.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Diplomats' daughters.
(d) Working girls.
5. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
(a) She objected.
(b) She was delighted for them.
(c) She urged patience.
(d) She made everyone uncomfortable with her doubts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Allenswood?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
3. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
4. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
5. What was the Junior League's purpose?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)