|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
2. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(b) Women's working conditions.
(c) Hunger relief.
(d) Debt relief.
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Aggressive and political.
(b) Awkward and shy.
(c) Humble and religious.
(d) Pleasant and gracious.
4. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A Harvard boy.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A working boy.
(d) A boy from the Junior League.
5. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(b) Temperance meetings.
(d) Love affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
3. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
4. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
5. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)