|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
(a) She spoke out in defense of corporations and free enterprise.
(b) She began to speak less and less as her husband's presidency went on.
(c) She spoke out for American participation in World War II.
(d) She spoke more strongly for justice and peace.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Debased the office.
(b) Won more power for it.
(c) Took it to new heights.
(d) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
3. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Talked herself out of it.
(b) Argued fiercely.
(c) Kept silent.
(d) Argued fiercely.
5. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
2. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
3. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
4. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
5. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)