|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
(a) There was an aura about her.
(b) She carried a cloud over her.
(c) She was quiet and sometimes faded into the background.
(d) She was always in motion.
2. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A broken ankle.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A financial crisis.
(d) A needy personality.
3. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
5. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Greek and Latin.
(b) Botany and husbandry.
(c) Religion and poetry.
(d) Literature and history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
5. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)