|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) First Lady of the World.
(b) Lady Ambassador.
(c) Lady President.
(d) Secretary of Interior.
2. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(b) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
(c) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(d) She owed everything to her faith in God.
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
(a) She was often chastised.
(b) She had the seat of honor at dinner.
(c) She was a constant troublemaker.
(d) She was not distinguished.
4. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mlle. Souvestre.
(c) A chaperone.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Humble and religious.
(b) Awkward and shy.
(c) Pleasant and gracious.
(d) Aggressive and political.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
2. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
4. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
5. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)