|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Debt relief.
(c) Women's working conditions.
(d) Hunger relief.
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not a beauty.
(b) She did not know Greek.
(c) She had been educated abroad.
(d) She was not married yet.
3. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year.
(d) Two years.
4. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(b) Her grandmother had died.
(c) The family's fortunes had declined.
(d) Her uncle had died.
5. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
(a) Right after retuning to the U.S.
(b) The winter of her coming out.
(c) Before she left England.
(d) When she turned twenty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
2. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
3. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
5. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)