|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
(a) She doubted his seriousness as a person.
(b) She had a soft spot for him, but no real affection.
(c) She was afraid of him.
(d) She didn't think he was interested in her.
2. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(b) Her uncle had died.
(c) The family's fortunes had declined.
(d) Her grandmother had died.
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was handsome but not beautiful.
(b) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
(c) She was not considered attractive.
(d) She was a beauty.
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) A budget.
(b) Her own car.
(c) A gun.
(d) Top secret security clearance.
5. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Diplomats' daughters.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Working girls.
(d) Wealthy girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
2. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
4. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)