|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(b) Hunting party.
(c) Political rally.
(d) Dinner party.
2. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's response when she found Lucy Mercer's love letters to Franklin?
(b) Told Sara to talk to him.
(c) Offered him his freedom.
(d) Locked him out of the house.
4. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) James Cox.
(c) Louis Howe.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor changed in Franklin Roosevelt's second term?
(a) She began to seize power for herself.
(b) She became a more attentive listener.
(c) She rose to the occasion and ran his administration.
(d) She began to get in over her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
2. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
3. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
4. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's role in the New Age her husband was inaugurating?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)