|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's response when she found Lucy Mercer's love letters to Franklin?
(a) Told Sara to talk to him.
(c) Offered him his freedom.
(d) Locked him out of the house.
2. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
(a) She distributed leaflets.
(b) She coordinated rallies.
(c) She helped with fundraising.
(d) She served on the legislative committee.
3. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
(b) Closing U.S. naval bases.
(c) Establishing U.S. bases.
4. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
(a) He introduced her to modern art.
(b) He asked her opinions.
(c) He was the most dashing man in the legislature.
(d) He adored her.
5. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
(a) It became a constant battle.
(b) It died.
(c) It became a partnership.
(d) Franklin and Eleanor become closer and more intimate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was a contentious issue between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
3. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt would ask his wife to back away from?
4. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
5. What was the Junior League's purpose?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)