|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
(a) She was often chastised.
(b) She was a constant troublemaker.
(c) She had the seat of honor at dinner.
(d) She was not distinguished.
2. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
(a) He guarded information from her.
(b) He relied on her more.
(c) He gave her power to run more of his administration.
(d) He forced her to be more restrained.
3. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(b) Debt relief.
(c) Hunger relief.
(d) Women's working conditions.
4. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Dinner party.
(c) Hunting party.
(d) Political rally.
5. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt would ask his wife to back away from?
(a) The budget.
(b) Women's rights legislation.
(c) Politically untenable positions.
(d) Equal rights legislation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
2. Where was Allenswood?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)