|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Hunting party.
(c) Political rally.
(d) Dinner party.
2. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
(a) Franklin and Eleanor become closer and more intimate.
(b) It became a partnership.
(c) It died.
(d) It became a constant battle.
3. When did World War I end?
(a) May 1918.
(b) June 1916.
(c) November 1918.
(d) August 1917.
4. What did Eleanor do after Franklin Roosevelt lost the 1920 election?
(a) Went to business school.
(b) Started an affair with Louis Howe.
(c) Charity work.
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A boy from the Junior League.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A Harvard boy.
(d) A working boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
2. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
3. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
4. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
5. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)