|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's response when she found Lucy Mercer's love letters to Franklin?
(b) Locked him out of the house.
(c) Offered him his freedom.
(d) Told Sara to talk to him.
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Dinner party.
(b) Political rally.
(c) Hunting party.
3. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
(a) James Cox.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Louis Howe.
(d) Calvin Coolidge.
4. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
(a) He introduced her to modern art.
(b) He asked her opinions.
(c) He was the most dashing man in the legislature.
(d) He adored her.
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's role in the New Age her husband was inaugurating?
3. Who does Freedman say the Roosevelts would invite to the White House?
4. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
5. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)