|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
(a) She distributed leaflets.
(b) She helped with fundraising.
(c) She coordinated rallies.
(d) She served on the legislative committee.
2. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
(a) Plots and counterplots.
(b) Authoritative footsteps.
(c) Spirited debate.
(d) Whispering advisors.
3. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
(a) She told him she would support him no matter what.
(b) She threatened to cut off his inheritance if he divorced.
(c) She offered him his freedom.
(d) She threatened to ruin his political career if he divorced.
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His fits of rage.
(c) His madness.
(d) His shotgun.
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She schooled her in religion.
(b) She strengthened her resolve.
(c) She opened her mind.
(d) She taught her to go without things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
3. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
4. Who does Freedman say the Roosevelts would invite to the White House?
5. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)