|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
(c) Hold meetings.
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
(a) Closing U.S. naval bases.
(d) Establishing U.S. bases.
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
(a) He despaired, but was occasionally inspired.
(b) He became more understanding of people's hardships.
(c) He learned to remain untouched by political attacks.
(d) He began to drink and became depressed.
4. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
(a) Tried to please Eleanor.
(b) Insisted on his rights as a man.
(c) Pleaded with her to allow him his dalliances.
(d) Disregarded Eleanor's feelings.
5. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Political rally.
(b) Dinner party.
(d) Hunting party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
2. What does Freedman say was a contentious issue between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)