|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
(a) In a light that would help him in the polls.
(b) As accurately as possible.
(c) In a light that would help the common man.
(d) In a light that would help women's rights.
2. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
(a) Death and destruction.
(b) Hope and rebuilding.
(c) Resistance to industrialism.
(d) Socialism taking hold.
3. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
(a) He gave her power to run more of his administration.
(b) He guarded information from her.
(c) He relied on her more.
(d) He forced her to be more restrained.
4. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Botany and husbandry.
(b) Religion and poetry.
(c) Greek and Latin.
(d) Literature and history.
5. What was Roosevelt and the Democrats' position on the League of Nations?
(a) They were in favor of limiting U.S. involvement in it.
(b) They were in favor of joining.
(c) They were opposed to joining it.
(d) They wanted the U.S. to run it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
2. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
3. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
4. Who does Freedman say the Roosevelts would invite to the White House?
5. What does Freedman say was a contentious issue between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)