|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's role in the New Age her husband was inaugurating?
(a) She was the conscience.
(b) She was the legwork.
(c) She was the motivation.
(d) She was the intelligence.
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Hunting party.
(b) Dinner party.
(d) Political rally.
3. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
(a) He forced her to be more restrained.
(b) He relied on her more.
(c) He guarded information from her.
(d) He gave her power to run more of his administration.
4. Where was Allenswood?
(c) New York.
5. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
(a) She would talk to him when they were alone.
(b) She would buy a book or bring a guest who could articulate her idea.
(c) She would make her proposal in the most concise way.
(d) She would talk to her husband's advisors, and convince them to support her idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
3. When did World War I end?
4. How does Freedman describe the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on civil rights?
5. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)