|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Freedman say were killed in World War I?
(a) 20 million.
(c) 50 million.
(d) 10 million.
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She strengthened her resolve.
(b) She opened her mind.
(c) She taught her to go without things.
(d) She schooled her in religion.
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
(a) She was a constant troublemaker.
(b) She had the seat of honor at dinner.
(c) She was not distinguished.
(d) She was often chastised.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She learned to hold her tongue.
(b) She became more stubborn.
(c) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(d) She lost her fears.
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She did not know Greek.
(b) She was not married yet.
(c) She had been educated abroad.
(d) She was not a beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
2. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
3. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
5. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)