|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt would ask his wife to back away from?
(a) The budget.
(b) Equal rights legislation.
(c) Women's rights legislation.
(d) Politically untenable positions.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Awkward and shy.
(b) Pleasant and gracious.
(c) Humble and religious.
(d) Aggressive and political.
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor changed in Franklin Roosevelt's second term?
(a) She began to seize power for herself.
(b) She rose to the occasion and ran his administration.
(c) She became a more attentive listener.
(d) She began to get in over her head.
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His fits of rage.
(b) His gambling.
(c) His shotgun.
(d) His madness.
5. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
(a) Pleaded with her to allow him his dalliances.
(b) Tried to please Eleanor.
(c) Disregarded Eleanor's feelings.
(d) Insisted on his rights as a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
2. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
3. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
4. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
5. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)