|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
(a) It died.
(b) Franklin and Eleanor become closer and more intimate.
(c) It became a partnership.
(d) It became a constant battle.
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His fits of rage.
(c) His shotgun.
(d) His madness.
3. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Botany and husbandry.
(b) Greek and Latin.
(c) Literature and history.
(d) Religion and poetry.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's response when she found Lucy Mercer's love letters to Franklin?
(a) Offered him his freedom.
(c) Told Sara to talk to him.
(d) Locked him out of the house.
5. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
(a) Pleaded with her to allow him his dalliances.
(b) Tried to please Eleanor.
(c) Insisted on his rights as a man.
(d) Disregarded Eleanor's feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
2. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
3. How does Freedman describe the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on civil rights?
4. Where was Allenswood?
5. What was Roosevelt and the Democrats' position on the League of Nations?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)