|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
(a) He despaired, but was occasionally inspired.
(b) He became more understanding of people's hardships.
(c) He learned to remain untouched by political attacks.
(d) He began to drink and became depressed.
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She was not a beauty.
(c) She had been educated abroad.
(d) She did not know Greek.
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She schooled her in religion.
(b) She taught her to go without things.
(c) She strengthened her resolve.
(d) She opened her mind.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor changed in Franklin Roosevelt's second term?
(a) She began to seize power for herself.
(b) She rose to the occasion and ran his administration.
(c) She became a more attentive listener.
(d) She began to get in over her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did World War I end?
2. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
3. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
5. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)