|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
(a) A time of trials and difficulties.
(b) Happiest years of her life.
(c) A time of luxury and being spoiled.
(d) The worst time of her life.
2. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
(a) He relied on her more.
(b) He forced her to be more restrained.
(c) He guarded information from her.
(d) He gave her power to run more of his administration.
3. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
(a) Pleaded with her to allow him his dalliances.
(b) Insisted on his rights as a man.
(c) Tried to please Eleanor.
(d) Disregarded Eleanor's feelings.
4. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A Harvard boy.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A boy from the Junior League.
(d) A working boy.
5. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(b) Debt relief.
(c) Women's working conditions.
(d) Hunger relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
2. What did Eleanor do after Franklin Roosevelt lost the 1920 election?
3. Where was Allenswood?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)