|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
(a) He forced her to be more restrained.
(b) He relied on her more.
(c) He guarded information from her.
(d) He gave her power to run more of his administration.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's role in the New Age her husband was inaugurating?
(a) She was the motivation.
(b) She was the intelligence.
(c) She was the legwork.
(d) She was the conscience.
3. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
(a) She distributed leaflets.
(b) She helped with fundraising.
(c) She served on the legislative committee.
(d) She coordinated rallies.
4. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt would ask his wife to back away from?
(a) Equal rights legislation.
(b) Women's rights legislation.
(c) Politically untenable positions.
(d) The budget.
5. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
(a) There was always a respectful silence when the President and First Lady spoke.
(b) The children would interrupt Franklin or Eleanor Roosevelt if they didn't agree.
(c) Eleanor would throw people out of they disagreed with her.
(d) The President and First Lady would pick their visitors' brains for information and observations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
2. What was the Junior League's purpose?
3. Where was Allenswood?
4. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
5. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)