|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
(a) Her ability to speak up to her mother-in-law.
(b) Her triumph over shyness.
(c) Her political awakening.
(d) Her devotion to her husband.
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
(a) Dinner party.
(b) Hunting party.
(d) Political rally.
3. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
(a) Plots and counterplots.
(b) Whispering advisors.
(c) Authoritative footsteps.
(d) Spirited debate.
4. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To help the needy.
(b) To raise money for political parties.
(c) To educate workers.
(d) To organize the poor politically.
5. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
(a) The worst time of her life.
(b) Happiest years of her life.
(c) A time of trials and difficulties.
(d) A time of luxury and being spoiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
2. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
3. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
4. Who does Freedman say the Roosevelts would invite to the White House?
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)