|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor changed in Franklin Roosevelt's second term?
(a) She began to seize power for herself.
(b) She became a more attentive listener.
(c) She rose to the occasion and ran his administration.
(d) She began to get in over her head.
2. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) James Cox.
(d) Louis Howe.
3. What was Roosevelt and the Democrats' position on the League of Nations?
(a) They were opposed to joining it.
(b) They wanted the U.S. to run it.
(c) They were in favor of limiting U.S. involvement in it.
(d) They were in favor of joining.
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
(a) As accurately as possible.
(b) In a light that would help him in the polls.
(c) In a light that would help women's rights.
(d) In a light that would help the common man.
5. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Women's working conditions.
(b) Hunger relief.
(c) Debt relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on civil rights?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's response when she found Lucy Mercer's love letters to Franklin?
3. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
4. What was the Junior League's purpose?
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)