|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor do after Franklin Roosevelt lost the 1920 election?
(b) Started an affair with Louis Howe.
(c) Went to business school.
(d) Charity work.
2. How does Freedman describe the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on civil rights?
(a) Eleanor wanted change immediately, but Franklin could accept a more gradual pace.
(b) Franklin doubted it could be done politically.
(c) Franklin wanted change to come by legislation, Eleanor favored subtler influence.
(d) Eleanor had more passion.
3. When did World War I end?
(a) August 1917.
(b) May 1918.
(c) June 1916.
(d) November 1918.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
(a) She was not distinguished.
(b) She had the seat of honor at dinner.
(c) She was often chastised.
(d) She was a constant troublemaker.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
(a) In a light that would help him in the polls.
(b) In a light that would help the common man.
(c) As accurately as possible.
(d) In a light that would help women's rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Allenswood?
2. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
3. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
4. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)