|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She strengthened her resolve.
(b) She taught her to go without things.
(c) She opened her mind.
(d) She schooled her in religion.
2. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
(a) Hope and rebuilding.
(b) Socialism taking hold.
(c) Resistance to industrialism.
(d) Death and destruction.
3. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
(a) A time of luxury and being spoiled.
(b) A time of trials and difficulties.
(c) Happiest years of her life.
(d) The worst time of her life.
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
5. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
(a) Her triumph over shyness.
(b) Her political awakening.
(c) Her devotion to her husband.
(d) Her ability to speak up to her mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on civil rights?
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
3. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
4. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
5. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)