|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
(a) Disregarded Eleanor's feelings.
(b) Pleaded with her to allow him his dalliances.
(c) Insisted on his rights as a man.
(d) Tried to please Eleanor.
2. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Diplomats' daughters.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Working girls.
(d) Wealthy girls.
3. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
4. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
(a) James Cox.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Louis Howe.
(d) Calvin Coolidge.
5. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A swimming accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
2. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
4. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
5. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)