|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
2. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
(a) Disregarded Eleanor's feelings.
(b) Pleaded with her to allow him his dalliances.
(c) Tried to please Eleanor.
(d) Insisted on his rights as a man.
3. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
(a) He gave her power to run more of his administration.
(b) He forced her to be more restrained.
(c) He relied on her more.
(d) He guarded information from her.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(a) Fellow volunteer.
(b) Rival for a boy's attention.
(c) Cousin and roommate.
5. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
(a) She offered him his freedom.
(b) She threatened to ruin his political career if he divorced.
(c) She threatened to cut off his inheritance if he divorced.
(d) She told him she would support him no matter what.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
3. What was Roosevelt and the Democrats' position on the League of Nations?
4. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
5. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)