|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
2. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
3. What does Mrs. Farragot explain to her attorney about Winfield?
4. For what was Mrs. Farragot arrested?
5. What is Harper's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Butler forbid in his shop and why does he forbid them?
2. What happens when Billy tries to buy an orange soda at a general store in South Carolina?
3. What does the woman say about men?
4. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
5. Describe the three pictures Milford looks at while he waits for Mrs. Farragot to arrive.
6. What do some people say about Dewey?
7. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
8. What does the woman say Billy would need to do to be able to get promoted and how does he spend his time instead?
9. When does the meeting in Chicago occur in Billy's life?
10. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Why I like Country Music" - In what ways is square dancing used as a symbol of differing world views? What are these views? Which view do you best relate to and why?
Essay Topic 2
"The Story of a Dead Man" - In what way are the two main characters in this story alike? In what ways are they different? Why do you think one would become an accomplished liar? What would make a person become an accomplished liar?
Essay Topic 3
"A Loaf of Bread" - Of what are Brown and the white bread symbolic? Who do you think was right, Nelson, Harold, or neither? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)