|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
2. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
3. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
4. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
5. Who is the narrator of this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does R.V. guarantee Willis and what does Willis plan to do with his guarantee?
2. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
3. What is Willis confused about in regards to joining the Henry Street guys?
4. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
5. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
6. What happens when Billy tries to buy an orange soda at a general store in South Carolina?
7. What kind of person is Billy?
8. Describe Gloria in regards to her views on country music and the south. Be sure to include where she is from.
9. What does R.V. says in the only concern for Willis and R.V.?
10. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Why I like Country Music" - In what ways is square dancing used as a symbol of differing world views? What are these views? Which view do you best relate to and why?
Essay Topic 2
"A Loaf of Bread" - How are the concepts of economics and psychology discussed in this story? Which is more prevalently discussed? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
"A Sense of Story"- Why do you think Charles confessed at the beginning of the story? Do you believe the conflict between Charles and the victim ran deeper? Why or why not?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)