|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ray say he is moving to a new parlor?
2. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
3. What does she say about the first doctor?
4. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
5. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
2. Describe the three pictures Milford looks at while he waits for Mrs. Farragot to arrive.
3. What does R.V. says in the only concern for Willis and R.V.?
4. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
5. How does Gloria's husband feel about square dancing and why is it surprising he feels this way?
6. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
7. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
8. Why does the officer assume Mrs. Farragot is drunk and what happens when he tries to confirm it?
9. What happens to Billy's parents and the relationship between Billy and William?
10. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Silver Bullet" - In what way does this story show that everyone is corrupt? Do you agree that there is much more corruption in society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"Why I like Country Music" - In what ways is square dancing used as a symbol of differing world views? What are these views? Which view do you best relate to and why?
Essay Topic 3
"Elbow Room"- Do you believe the baby should be white and blind or black and self-blinded? Which is the better situation? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)