|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
2. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
3. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
4. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
5. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three pictures Milford looks at while he waits for Mrs. Farragot to arrive.
2. What is Willis confused about in regards to joining the Henry Street guys?
3. What happens when Willis Davis tries to join the Henry Street guys?
4. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
5. What do some people say about Dewey?
6. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
7. What happens to Billy's parents and the relationship between Billy and William?
8. What does Winfield say he was doing until he saw Mrs. Farragot run out of her house?
9. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
10. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Silver Bullet" - What does the phrase "Everyone gets the spanking their mommas should have given them" mean? Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"Why I like Country Music" - In what ways is square dancing used as a symbol of differing world views? What are these views? Which view do you best relate to and why?
Essay Topic 3
"Problems of Art" - In what way does this story deal with the fate of blacks in a white-controlled judicial system? Do you believe Mrs. Farragot was wise to insist on a white attorney? Why or why not?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)