Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
2. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
3. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
4. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler as an assistant pastor?
5. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
2. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
3. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
4. How does Charles seem to others and what does this lead people to think about the events that lead to his trial?
5. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
6. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
7. What does R.V. guarantee Willis and what does Willis plan to do with his guarantee?
8. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
9. What does the woman say Billy would need to do to be able to get promoted and how does he spend his time instead?
10. What does the narrator say to those who come to him telling him that anything not in the Bible is false?
"The Story of a Scar"- In what ways does the woman believe men should think about women? How does this compare to how the narrator (a man) points out they do think about women? In what way do these ideas relate to how the story ends?
"Widows and Orphans"- In what ways does this story look at blacks who have escaped the rural life in a disparaging manner? Do you believe this view still exists today? Why or why not?
"The Story of a Scar"- What do you believe are the three major themes of this story? Do you believe this is a love story? Why or why not?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)