|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
2. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
3. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
4. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
5. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say that he is enough of a realist to accept?
2. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
3. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
4. How does Charles seem to others and what does this lead people to think about the events that lead to his trial?
5. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
6. Where does this story take place?
7. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
8. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
9. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
10. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Silver Bullet" - What does the phrase "Everyone gets the spanking their mommas should have given them" mean? Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"Elbow Room"- Do you believe the baby should be white and blind or black and self-blinded? Which is the better situation? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
"Why I like Country Music" - What role does love play in this story? In what way are stereotypes developed through this story? What role does one's culture during their formative years play into understanding others?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)