|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
2. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) The need to work together for publicity.
(b) Race relations.
(c) Ethics of profit.
(d) Justified realizations.
3. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
(a) Waiting too long to approach them.
(b) Being unwilling to forgive.
(c) Provoking Paul.
(d) Giving up his own faith.
4. Who does the narrator say work in the neighborhood?
(a) Marketers who do not listen.
(b) Non-believers and truthsayers.
(c) Liars and cheats.
(d) A variety of evangelists.
5. Which of the following characters is described as obviously successful if not wealthy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Charles harm?
2. What do the people chant?
3. For what is Charles on trial?
4. For what is the narrator searching?
5. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
2. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
3. What does Clair talk about during her part of the dinner?
4. What does the narrator say to those who come to him telling him that anything not in the Bible is false?
5. Who is Nelson Reed and what does he become?
6. What does the narrator say great literature has given way to?
7. How does Leon describe his landlady?
8. How does Charles seem to others and what does this lead people to think about the events that lead to his trial?
9. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
10. What makes Eunice wonder about the hotel's breakfast calls?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)