|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
(a) To watch her act in a movie.
(b) To meet her mother.
(c) To see the sights.
(d) To plan the wedding.
2. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
3. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
(a) For her wit.
(b) For her mind.
(c) For her stories.
(d) For her beauty.
4. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
5. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Come with them to the embassy.
(c) Commit hara-kiri.
(d) Return their possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones denies kept Charles and Jones from being friends?
2. How many days did Charles sit silently at his murder trial?
3. What does the sane man in the parable realize when he is given the vision of clarity?
4. To what are Leon and Eunice summoned?
5. How many of the seven wanted posters are of blacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Eunice wonder about the hotel's breakfast calls?
2. What happens when Charles interrupts his attorney's summation?
3. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
4. What does Clair talk about during her part of the dinner?
5. What does the narrator say that he is enough of a realist to accept?
6. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
7. Describe the Redeemer's friends as he sees them.
8. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
9. How does Leon describe his landlady?
10. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)