|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the narrator searching?
(a) How God sees the end of the world.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) His one true love.
(d) The definition of love.
2. What subject did Thomas love in college?
3. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(b) He is too successful and has become proud.
(c) He is of German descent.
(d) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
4. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
(a) To keep people from learning about the side business.
(b) He can save money that way.
(c) To teach his employees a lesson.
(d) He doesn't believe in hand outs.
5. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
2. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
3. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
4. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
5. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first parable about the narrator shares?
2. Describe the Redeemer's friends as he sees them.
3. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
4. How does Leon describe his landlady?
5. What makes Eunice wonder about the hotel's breakfast calls?
6. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
7. What does the narrator say to those who come to him telling him that anything not in the Bible is false?
8. What does Leon say that causes her to call her husband a bigot?
9. What does the narrator say that he is enough of a realist to accept?
10. Where does this story take place?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)