|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what are Leon and Eunice summoned?
(a) A business meeting.
(b) A mansion.
(d) The police station.
2. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
(a) 8 years ago.
(b) 2 weeks ago.
(c) He never noticed trouble between them.
(d) 1 year ago.
3. What does Charles ask Johnson that Plinkett witnessed?
(a) How much longer?
(b) Why are you still here?
(c) Is it time?
(d) When is my chance?
4. What did Ginny do from the time she was 19 until she turned 22?
(a) Served in the Peach Corps.
(b) Was married to a man who abused her.
(c) Worked in a mental hospital.
(d) Served time in jail.
5. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
(a) Because of extenuating circumstances.
(b) Because Charles won't tell him what happened.
(c) To avoid the death penalty.
(d) To increase his fees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
2. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
3. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
4. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
5. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
2. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
3. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
4. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
5. Why does the editor feel obliged to impose order on the piece of writing in front of him?
6. What does the narrator say that he is enough of a realist to accept?
7. How does Charles seem to others and what does this lead people to think about the events that lead to his trial?
8. Where does this story take place?
9. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
10. What is the first parable about the narrator shares?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)