|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what are Leon and Eunice summoned?
(a) The police station.
(b) A mansion.
(d) A business meeting.
2. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 8 years ago.
(c) 2 weeks ago.
(d) He never noticed trouble between them.
3. Where were the students given passports to go?
4. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
(a) He can save money that way.
(b) To keep people from learning about the side business.
(c) To teach his employees a lesson.
(d) He doesn't believe in hand outs.
5. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
(a) Their father being taken away by the police.
(b) Realizing their father is a cheat
(c) Their friends throwing stones at their father's stores.
(d) Watching him being picked on in the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
2. How does Rogers characterize Charles's talent?
3. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
4. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
5. What do the people chant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leon describe his landlady?
2. Who is Nelson Reed and what does he become?
3. Describe the character Clair as seen through Louis's eyes.
4. What does Charles do that is unlike Detroit-born mechanics and what does he think will happen as a result of this?
5. How does Charles seem to others and what does this lead people to think about the events that lead to his trial?
6. What happens when Charles interrupts his attorney's summation?
7. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
8. What does Clair talk about during her part of the dinner?
9. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
10. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)