|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
(a) Eurail passes.
(d) Travelers' checks.
2. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
(a) Because Charles won't tell him what happened.
(b) To increase his fees.
(c) To avoid the death penalty.
(d) Because of extenuating circumstances.
3. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
4. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
5. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
(a) He never noticed trouble between them.
(b) 2 weeks ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
2. Where were the students given passports to go?
3. Why does the judge's secretary tell him he must shine at the meeting?
4. How long did Charles work for Johnson?
5. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Redeemer's friends as he sees them.
2. Why does the editor feel obliged to impose order on the piece of writing in front of him?
3. Where does this story take place?
4. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
5. Describe the character Clair as seen through Louis's eyes.
6. What are the Foster's doing because it was recommended and because they are tired of tourism?
7. What does Clair talk about during her part of the dinner?
8. What makes Eunice wonder about the hotel's breakfast calls?
9. Who is Nelson Reed and what does he become?
10. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)