|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the judge's secretary tell him he must shine at the meeting?
(a) To protect Charles.
(b) Political reasons.
(c) To help with race relations.
(d) To overcome the case.
2. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) Because he needs to make more money.
(b) So that he does not go bankrupt.
(c) To help all people achieve equality.
(d) Because his investments are higher.
3. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Come with them to the embassy.
(b) Return their possessions.
(c) Commit hara-kiri.
(d) Call the police.
4. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
(a) Run for office.
(b) Leave the dinner early.
(c) Act in a movie.
(d) Marry him.
5. In what month did Ginny and Paul get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
2. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
3. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
4. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
5. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Foster's doing because it was recommended and because they are tired of tourism?
2. How does Charles seem to others and what does this lead people to think about the events that lead to his trial?
3. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
4. How does Leon describe his landlady?
5. Where does this story take place?
6. What does Jed Jones say happened after he heard the shots?
7. What does the narrator say that he is enough of a realist to accept?
8. What does Charles do that is unlike Detroit-born mechanics and what does he think will happen as a result of this?
9. What makes Eunice wonder about the hotel's breakfast calls?
10. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)