|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
(a) He is attacked by a stranger.
(b) He marries a black girl.
(c) He begins working in a mental hospital.
(d) He immediately asks for a transfer to Tennessee.
2. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
3. What does the sane man in the parable realize when he is given the vision of clarity?
(a) That there is no love.
(b) That his friends hate him.
(c) That the human souls are shadowed.
(d) That help comes from friends.
4. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
(a) To avoid the death penalty.
(b) Because Charles won't tell him what happened.
(c) Because of extenuating circumstances.
(d) To increase his fees.
5. For what does Nelson claim to be a sucker?
(a) Words of Jesus.
(b) The white man's supremacy.
(c) Harold's price schemes.
(d) The belief that things will change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
2. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
3. In what month did Ginny and Paul get married?
4. What do the people chant?
5. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)