|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
2. For what is Charles on trial?
3. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
(a) Changed the way his hair was cut.
(b) Chosen the wrong restaurant.
(c) Shaved his beard.
(d) Gotten there before her.
4. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
(a) To watch her act in a movie.
(b) To see the sights.
(c) To meet her mother.
(d) To plan the wedding.
5. What did Ginny do from the time she was 19 until she turned 22?
(a) Served time in jail.
(b) Was married to a man who abused her.
(c) Served in the Peach Corps.
(d) Worked in a mental hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
2. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
3. Why is Paul attracted to Ginny?
4. What does Charles ask Johnson that Plinkett witnessed?
5. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jed Jones say happened after he heard the shots?
2. What does Leon say that causes her to call her husband a bigot?
3. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
4. Where does this story take place?
5. Who is Nelson Reed and what does he become?
6. Describe the Redeemer's friends as he sees them.
7. What does Charles do that is unlike Detroit-born mechanics and what does he think will happen as a result of this?
8. Describe the character Clair as seen through Louis's eyes.
9. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
10. How does Leon describe his landlady?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)