|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Return their possessions.
(c) Commit hara-kiri.
(d) Come with them to the embassy.
2. For what does Nelson claim to be a sucker?
(a) The white man's supremacy.
(b) Harold's price schemes.
(c) The belief that things will change.
(d) Words of Jesus.
3. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
(a) To watch her act in a movie.
(b) To plan the wedding.
(c) To meet her mother.
(d) To see the sights.
4. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
(a) To see what the Buglarian will do next.
(b) To talk to the Asians and encourage them to check their rooms.
(c) To gather together all the Americans.
(d) To find his wife.
5. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
(a) Changed the way his hair was cut.
(b) Shaved his beard.
(c) Chosen the wrong restaurant.
(d) Gotten there before her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator head for the East?
2. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
3. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
4. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
5. What does Viola do when she meets Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
2. What does Charles do that is unlike Detroit-born mechanics and what does he think will happen as a result of this?
3. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
4. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
5. What does Leon say that causes her to call her husband a bigot?
6. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
7. What does Clair talk about during her part of the dinner?
8. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
9. What does Jed Jones say happened after he heard the shots?
10. Why does the editor feel obliged to impose order on the piece of writing in front of him?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)