|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say work in the neighborhood?
(a) Marketers who do not listen.
(b) Non-believers and truthsayers.
(c) A variety of evangelists.
(d) Liars and cheats.
2. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Commit hara-kiri.
(b) Return their possessions.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Come with them to the embassy.
3. Why does the narrator head for the East?
(a) Words have detached from emotion and passion.
(b) This is the new Mecca and he is drawn there.
(c) It is softer there.
(d) He is obliged to go there.
4. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
(a) To help her find her own identity.
(b) To keep others from knowing her.
(c) To heal herself.
(d) To protect Paul as well.
5. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
2. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
3. What do the bobbies discuss on the way back to the hotel?
4. Why is Paul attracted to Ginny?
5. What does Daniel warn Paul about his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
2. Why does the editor feel obliged to impose order on the piece of writing in front of him?
3. How does Charles seem to others and what does this lead people to think about the events that lead to his trial?
4. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
5. What does Clair talk about during her part of the dinner?
6. What does the narrator say that he is enough of a realist to accept?
7. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
8. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
9. What happens when Charles interrupts his attorney's summation?
10. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)