|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does R.V. say they should join forces?
(a) To get more money.
(b) For the greater good.
(c) To ensure everyone is safe.
(d) To take down Slick.
2. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
(a) That the judge did not like him.
(b) That Mrs. Farragot enjoys drinking bourbon.
(c) That he already knew the outcome of the trial.
(d) That he knew the officer.
3. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will cry and ruin the show.
(b) He will cause others to be hurt.
(c) He will not show up for the show.
(d) He will stand there and refuse to move.
4. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
(a) Willis's clothes.
(b) Purple beret.
(c) Slick's bar shirt.
5. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
(d) Government worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
2. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
3. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
4. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
5. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
2. What is Willis confused about in regards to joining the Henry Street guys?
3. How does Willis confront Jones and what does Willis say to him?
4. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
5. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
6. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
7. Why does the officer assume Mrs. Farragot is drunk and what happens when he tries to confirm it?
8. Describe Gweneth Lawson as seen through the narrator's eyes.
9. Describe Gloria in regards to her views on country music and the south. Be sure to include where she is from.
10. What happens when Billy tries to buy an orange soda at a general store in South Carolina?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)