|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Mondays at noon.
(b) Saturday at 7.
(c) Noon on Friday.
(d) 7 at Thursday.
2. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(b) A gang.
(c) People who insist on loyalty.
(d) A group of accountants.
3. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
(a) Because he is too old.
(b) Because he is a minister.
(c) Because Butler refunded his money.
(d) Because he knows Butler doesn't know any better.
4. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
(a) Community collector.
(c) Relations officer.
5. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To make fun of Butler.
(b) To question him.
(c) To listen to the sermon.
(d) To ask for others to leave the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
2. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
3. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
4. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
5. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator of this story asks the woman sitting in the waiting room how she got the scar on her face?
2. What does R.V. guarantee Willis and what does Willis plan to do with his guarantee?
3. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
4. How does Willis confront Jones and what does Willis say to him?
5. What does Butler forbid in his shop and why does he forbid them?
6. When does the meeting in Chicago occur in Billy's life?
7. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
8. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
9. Why does the officer assume Mrs. Farragot is drunk and what happens when he tries to confirm it?
10. What happens to Billy's parents and the relationship between Billy and William?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)