|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) Bronx connections.
(b) Mrs. Boswell.
(c) His father.
(d) Clarence Buford.
2. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
(c) Fancy cuts.
(d) Shoe shines.
3. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
4. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
(a) Uneven and ugly.
(b) Plantation Negro.
(c) One from the 1800s.
(d) New age.
5. Why is Corliss waiting in Mary Farragot's apartment?
(a) To Open her mail and materials.
(b) To take notes on her posessions.
(c) To talk to her about her likes and dislikes.
(d) For her to come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
2. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler as an assistant pastor?
3. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
4. What colors does Gweneth wear?
5. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willis confront Jones and what does Willis say to him?
2. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
3. What does the woman say about men?
4. What does Butler forbid in his shop and why does he forbid them?
5. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
6. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
7. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
8. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
9. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
10. What complaint does Butler have about young blacks?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)