|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Mondays at noon.
(b) Saturday at 7.
(c) 7 at Thursday.
(d) Noon on Friday.
2. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(b) People who insist on loyalty.
(c) A group of accountants.
(d) A gang.
3. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
(a) He is tired of the boy changing his mind.
(b) He does not want him singing.
(c) He thinks it will help him get over Gweneth.
(d) He spent a lot of money on his outfit.
4. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
(a) Gloria's husband.
(d) Mrs. Boswell.
5. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
(a) Relations officer.
(c) Community collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Wilson have an odd fascination?
2. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
3. What does she say about the first doctor?
4. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
5. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Farragot do that causes someone to call the police?
2. When does the meeting in Chicago occur in Billy's life?
3. What does the woman say Billy would need to do to be able to get promoted and how does he spend his time instead?
4. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
5. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
6. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
7. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
8. What do some people say about Dewey?
9. What happens when Willis Davis tries to join the Henry Street guys?
10. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)