|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
2. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(b) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
(c) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
(d) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
3. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 13 years.
4. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(c) He makes to much noise.
(d) He doesn't know the steps.
5. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He marry the girl.
(b) He disappear never to return.
(c) He move in with the both of them.
(d) He feed the baby for 21 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
2. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
3. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
4. What does Ella ask God?
5. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Willis Davis tries to join the Henry Street guys?
2. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
3. What happens to Billy's parents and the relationship between Billy and William?
4. What happens when the narrator of this story asks the woman sitting in the waiting room how she got the scar on her face?
5. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
6. What is Willis confused about in regards to joining the Henry Street guys?
7. What does Mrs. Farragot do that causes someone to call the police?
8. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
9. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
10. What happens when Billy tries to buy an orange soda at a general store in South Carolina?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)