|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
(a) When they work for Slick.
(b) When their hands are hidden under a counter.
(c) When they have nothing to lose or give.
(d) When others are watching.
2. Which of the characters is the group's warlord?
3. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
(a) The female judge.
(b) The fact that she is not allowed to speak yet.
(c) Lie detectors and being railroaded.
(d) The fact that the white officer is testifying.
4. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(b) He has razors on his shoes.
(c) He makes to much noise.
(d) He doesn't know the steps.
5. How many doctors has the woman seen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it rumored that Billy lost fighting a redneck near Limehouse, SC?
2. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
3. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
4. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
5. What colors does Gweneth wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
2. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
3. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
4. What happens when Billy tries to buy an orange soda at a general store in South Carolina?
5. When does the meeting in Chicago occur in Billy's life?
6. What happens when Willis Davis tries to join the Henry Street guys?
7. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
8. How does Willis confront Jones and what does Willis say to him?
9. What does Butler forbid in his shop and why does he forbid them?
10. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)