|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
(a) Uneven and ugly.
(b) New age.
(c) Plantation Negro.
(d) One from the 1800s.
2. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
(a) To add some excitement to the church.
(b) To retire and travel with her.
(c) To lay off the broken record.
(d) To go and watch a Tarwell sermon.
3. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
(a) He is not welcome in the gang.
(b) He will have to pay more money to the gang.
(c) Slick will kill him.
(d) The gang will find him.
4. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
(a) She is mean and carries a gun.
(b) She is his aunt's neighbor.
(c) She is a snitch for the police.
(d) She is Willis's girlfriend.
5. How much did Tommy pay for his haircut?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
2. Though the narrator says that he finds companionship wherever he can, he claims he is not what?
3. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
5. What colors does Gweneth wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
2. Describe Gweneth Lawson as seen through the narrator's eyes.
3. What does the woman say about men?
4. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
5. As Gloria sees it what defines the people as southerners and northern?
6. What does Mrs. Farragot do that causes someone to call the police?
7. Describe the three pictures Milford looks at while he waits for Mrs. Farragot to arrive.
8. What does the woman say Billy would need to do to be able to get promoted and how does he spend his time instead?
9. Describe Gloria in regards to her views on country music and the south. Be sure to include where she is from.
10. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)