|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Farragot explain to her attorney about Winfield?
(a) That he doesn't know what to say.
(b) That he often talks around a point.
(c) That he is intimidated by judges.
(d) That he doesn't like white people.
2. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Billy's cousin.
3. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
(b) South Carolina.
(d) Harper's farm.
4. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To being young but never a fool.
(b) To killing but never getting caught.
(c) To being a business man but never stupid.
(d) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
5. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A gang.
(b) A group of accountants.
(c) People who insist on loyalty.
(d) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
2. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
3. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
4. Why does R.V. say they should join forces?
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willis confused about in regards to joining the Henry Street guys?
2. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
3. How does Willis confront Jones and what does Willis say to him?
4. What does Winfield say he was doing until he saw Mrs. Farragot run out of her house?
5. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
6. What do some people say about Dewey?
7. Describe Gloria in regards to her views on country music and the south. Be sure to include where she is from.
8. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
9. What happens to Billy's parents and the relationship between Billy and William?
10. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)