|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
2. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
(a) Willis's clothes.
(b) Purple beret.
(c) Slick's bar shirt.
3. What position does Ralston have?
(a) Bank security guard.
4. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To being a business man but never stupid.
(b) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
(c) To being young but never a fool.
(d) To killing but never getting caught.
5. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He makes to much noise.
(b) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(c) He doesn't know the steps.
(d) He has razors on his shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though the narrator says that he finds companionship wherever he can, he claims he is not what?
2. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
3. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
4. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
5. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the officer assume Mrs. Farragot is drunk and what happens when he tries to confirm it?
2. How does Gloria's husband feel about square dancing and why is it surprising he feels this way?
3. What does R.V. says in the only concern for Willis and R.V.?
4. What do some people say about Dewey?
5. What does the woman say Billy would need to do to be able to get promoted and how does he spend his time instead?
6. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
7. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
8. What does Winfield say he was doing until he saw Mrs. Farragot run out of her house?
9. As Gloria sees it what defines the people as southerners and northern?
10. Describe Gloria in regards to her views on country music and the south. Be sure to include where she is from.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)