|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He makes to much noise.
(b) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(c) He has razors on his shoes.
(d) He doesn't know the steps.
2. What does Milford dislike in Mrs. Farragot's apartment?
(a) Her Sacred Heart of Jesus painting.
(b) Her grandfather's clock.
(c) The cat that continues to stare at her.
(d) The way it is organized; it is too neat.
3. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(d) The narrator.
4. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
(a) A big dog.
(b) An open door in a hotel room.
(c) A purple Cadillac.
(d) A flashing neon light.
5. Who else does R.V. say supports them?
(a) Church goers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Tommy pay for his haircut?
2. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
3. What colors does Gweneth wear?
4. What is Butler's regular complaint?
5. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
2. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
3. What do some people say about Dewey?
4. As Gloria sees it what defines the people as southerners and northern?
5. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
6. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
7. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
8. How does Gloria's husband feel about square dancing and why is it surprising he feels this way?
9. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
10. Why does the officer assume Mrs. Farragot is drunk and what happens when he tries to confirm it?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)