|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) Lemon and country music.
(b) Jangles and Brooklyn.
(c) Square dancing and spurs.
(d) May poles and laughter.
2. What does Milford admire about Winfield?
(a) His devotion to his neighbor.
(b) His knowledge of the law.
(c) His understanding of the scene and actions.
(d) His style and desire to look proper.
3. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
(a) He spoils the narrator.
(b) He loves dancing and Northern pretentious.
(c) He is abusive and violent.
(d) He throws tantrums.
4. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
(b) Community collector.
(d) Relations officer.
5. How much did Tommy pay for his haircut?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
2. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
3. What does Ella ask God?
4. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
5. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do some people say about Dewey?
2. Describe Gweneth Lawson as seen through the narrator's eyes.
3. How does Gloria's husband feel about square dancing and why is it surprising he feels this way?
4. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
5. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
6. What kind of person is Billy?
7. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
8. What does R.V. guarantee Willis and what does Willis plan to do with his guarantee?
9. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
10. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)