|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The doctor.
(c) A patient.
(d) The nurse.
2. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
(a) While working .
(b) While riding a bike.
(c) While making love.
(d) While running after his child.
3. What does she say about the first doctor?
(a) He stitched her up like a turkey.
(b) He refused to touch her.
(c) He said the stabbing was her fault.
(d) He was a plastic surgeon.
4. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
(b) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
(c) Why he won't listen to her.
(d) Why she stays with the man.
5. What position does Ralston have?
(d) Bank security guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
2. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
3. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
4. What does Willis say to R.V.?
5. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winfield say he was doing until he saw Mrs. Farragot run out of her house?
2. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
3. What happens to Billy's parents and the relationship between Billy and William?
4. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
5. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
6. How does Gloria's husband feel about square dancing and why is it surprising he feels this way?
7. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
8. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
9. What does Mrs. Farragot do that causes someone to call the police?
10. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)