|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will not show up for the show.
(b) He will cause others to be hurt.
(c) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(d) He will cry and ruin the show.
2. After whom are Billy and William named?
(a) Maternal grandfather.
(b) Paternal grandfather.
(d) Mother's favorite singer.
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Billy's cousin.
4. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
(b) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
(c) A jitterbbugging contest.
(d) An explanation of the historical event.
5. What does Mrs. Farragot explain to her attorney about Winfield?
(a) That he is intimidated by judges.
(b) That he often talks around a point.
(c) That he doesn't know what to say.
(d) That he doesn't like white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
2. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
3. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
4. Who gets into a dispute with the person who is honking his horn?
5. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
2. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
3. What does Butler forbid in his shop and why does he forbid them?
4. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
5. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
6. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
7. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
8. What does Jed Jones say happened after he heard the shots?
9. What kind of person is Billy?
10. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)