|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) Jangles and Brooklyn.
(b) May poles and laughter.
(c) Square dancing and spurs.
(d) Lemon and country music.
2. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
(a) From ear to brow.
(b) From ear to ear.
(c) From brow to center of the chin.
(d) From chin to nose.
3. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
(b) To being young but never a fool.
(c) To killing but never getting caught.
(d) To being a business man but never stupid.
4. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
(a) He is abusive and violent.
(b) He spoils the narrator.
(c) He throws tantrums.
(d) He loves dancing and Northern pretentious.
5. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
(a) When their hands are hidden under a counter.
(b) When others are watching.
(c) When they work for Slick.
(d) When they have nothing to lose or give.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator in this story?
2. Who is the narrator of this story?
3. What does Willis say to R.V.?
4. With what does Wilson have an odd fascination?
5. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
2. What happens when the narrator of this story asks the woman sitting in the waiting room how she got the scar on her face?
3. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
4. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
5. What does Winfield say he was doing until he saw Mrs. Farragot run out of her house?
6. When does the meeting in Chicago occur in Billy's life?
7. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
8. What happens when Billy tries to buy an orange soda at a general store in South Carolina?
9. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
10. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)