|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
(a) From chin to nose.
(b) From brow to center of the chin.
(c) From ear to brow.
(d) From ear to ear.
2. Who caused the woman's scar?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her boyfriend.
3. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
(a) They like her more.
(b) They resent her attitude.
(c) They envy her.
(d) They think they are out for a fall.
4. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
(a) Like a musical.
(b) Like a convention of Italian gangsters.
(c) Like a parade on Easter Sunday.
(d) Like a stage.
5. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
(a) She can leave whenever she wants.
(b) She knows she loves him.
(c) She should give the next sermon.
(d) She can't do better than him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
2. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
3. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
4. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
5. Though the narrator says that he finds companionship wherever he can, he claims he is not what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Foster's doing because it was recommended and because they are tired of tourism?
2. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
3. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
4. Describe Gweneth Lawson as seen through the narrator's eyes.
5. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
6. Where does this story take place?
7. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
8. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
9. What does Leon say that causes her to call her husband a bigot?
10. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)