|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milford admire about Winfield?
(a) His knowledge of the law.
(b) His understanding of the scene and actions.
(c) His devotion to his neighbor.
(d) His style and desire to look proper.
2. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
(a) That he already knew the outcome of the trial.
(b) That the judge did not like him.
(c) That Mrs. Farragot enjoys drinking bourbon.
(d) That he knew the officer.
3. What has made Mrs. Farragot notorious at Project Gratis?
(a) Demanding a white lawyer.
(b) Getting arrested.
(c) Refusing to cooperate with the police.
(d) Leaving the scene of a crime.
4. With what does Wilson have an odd fascination?
(a) Farragot's expression.
(b) Milford's silver hair.
(c) Winfield's red handkerchief.
(d) Farragot's earrings.
5. Why is Corliss waiting in Mary Farragot's apartment?
(a) For her to come back.
(b) To talk to her about her likes and dislikes.
(c) To Open her mail and materials.
(d) To take notes on her posessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Butler's regular complaint?
2. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
3. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
4. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
5. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
2. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
3. What does Winfield say he was doing until he saw Mrs. Farragot run out of her house?
4. What happens to Billy's parents and the relationship between Billy and William?
5. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
6. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
7. As Gloria sees it what defines the people as southerners and northern?
8. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
9. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
10. What happens when Willis Davis tries to join the Henry Street guys?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)