|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To question him.
(b) To ask for others to leave the church.
(c) To listen to the sermon.
(d) To make fun of Butler.
2. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why she stays with the man.
(b) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
(c) Why he won't listen to her.
(d) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
3. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
(a) Hide out for a week and then try again.
(b) Get protection and adopt a new approach.
(c) Move out of the city and take him with him.
(d) Ask Slick to help him and talk to R.V.
4. How do Billy's enemies feel?
5. What part of the scar does the woman hope can be fixed?
(a) The part at her chin.
(b) The part on her forehead.
(c) The part around the eye.
(d) All of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Ralston have?
2. Who gets into a dispute with the person who is honking his horn?
3. About what do Farragot and Milford hear Wilson reprimand Smothers?
4. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
5. Why does Ray say he is moving to a new parlor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gloria in regards to her views on country music and the south. Be sure to include where she is from.
2. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
3. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
4. What happens when the narrator of this story asks the woman sitting in the waiting room how she got the scar on her face?
5. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
6. What does Mrs. Farragot do that causes someone to call the police?
7. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
8. How does Willis confront Jones and what does Willis say to him?
9. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
10. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)