|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator in this story?
(b) Gloria's husband.
(c) Mrs. Boswell.
2. What is Butler's regular complaint?
(a) They still tryin' to starve us out.
(b) No one is gonna help us.
(c) Where do we go now.
(d) Nothing good happens here.
3. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
(a) He will have to pay more money to the gang.
(b) He is not welcome in the gang.
(c) Slick will kill him.
(d) The gang will find him.
4. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
(a) To help him get away from the farm.
(b) To stop talking and give him some gum.
(c) To go across the road and buy him lunch.
(d) To talk about his mother.
5. What makes Billy appear to strut?
(a) A birth defect.
(b) His personality.
(c) His advice.
(d) A war wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
2. Who caused the woman's scar?
3. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
4. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
5. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaint does Butler have about young blacks?
2. Why does the officer assume Mrs. Farragot is drunk and what happens when he tries to confirm it?
3. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
4. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
5. What does the woman say Billy would need to do to be able to get promoted and how does he spend his time instead?
6. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
7. What does William feel obliged to do for Billy and why does he feel obliged to do it?
8. Describe the three pictures Milford looks at while he waits for Mrs. Farragot to arrive.
9. What does Winfield say he was doing until he saw Mrs. Farragot run out of her house?
10. How does Gloria's husband feel about square dancing and why is it surprising he feels this way?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)