|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Wilson have an odd fascination?
(a) Farragot's expression.
(b) Farragot's earrings.
(c) Milford's silver hair.
(d) Winfield's red handkerchief.
2. How much did Tommy pay for his haircut?
3. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Drives garbage truck.
(b) Goes to school.
(c) Starts a farm.
(d) Becomes a preacher.
4. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
(a) To lay off the broken record.
(b) To add some excitement to the church.
(c) To go and watch a Tarwell sermon.
(d) To retire and travel with her.
5. About what do Farragot and Milford hear Wilson reprimand Smothers?
(a) Takling down to the witness.
(b) Not showing the court respect.
(c) Forgetting to take a blood test.
(d) Not following Procedure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
2. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
3. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
4. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
5. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
2. What happens when the narrator of this story asks the woman sitting in the waiting room how she got the scar on her face?
3. What is Butler's obsession that becomes his theme as he delivers his sermons?
4. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
5. Describe the three pictures Milford looks at while he waits for Mrs. Farragot to arrive.
6. How does Willis confront Jones and what does Willis say to him?
7. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
8. Describe Gloria in regards to her views on country music and the south. Be sure to include where she is from.
9. What happens when Willis Davis tries to join the Henry Street guys?
10. What happens to Billy's parents and the relationship between Billy and William?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)