|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom are Billy and William named?
(a) Maternal grandfather.
(b) Mother's favorite singer.
(c) Paternal grandfather.
2. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) Jangles and Brooklyn.
(b) Square dancing and spurs.
(c) Lemon and country music.
(d) May poles and laughter.
3. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He doesn't know the steps.
(b) He has razors on his shoes.
(c) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(d) He makes to much noise.
4. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
(a) Give him his own haircut.
(b) Run all the "Toms" out of town.
(c) Shut down Butler's church.
(d) Shut down the Butler's barbershop.
5. Why is Corliss waiting in Mary Farragot's apartment?
(a) To Open her mail and materials.
(b) To talk to her about her likes and dislikes.
(c) To take notes on her posessions.
(d) For her to come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willis say to R.V.?
2. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
3. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
4. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
5. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gloria in regards to her views on country music and the south. Be sure to include where she is from.
2. When does the meeting in Chicago occur in Billy's life?
3. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
4. What happens when Billy tries to buy an orange soda at a general store in South Carolina?
5. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
6. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
7. What happens when the narrator of this story asks the woman sitting in the waiting room how she got the scar on her face?
8. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
9. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
10. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)