|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
(a) Control other gangs.
(b) Compete in business.
(c) Swat flies.
(d) Fix tickets.
2. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
3. What has made Mrs. Farragot notorious at Project Gratis?
(a) Demanding a white lawyer.
(b) Refusing to cooperate with the police.
(c) Leaving the scene of a crime.
(d) Getting arrested.
4. What position does Ralston have?
(a) Bank security guard.
5. For what was Mrs. Farragot arrested?
(d) Hitting an officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
2. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
3. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
4. What makes Billy appear to strut?
5. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
2. What complaint does Butler have about young blacks?
3. What kind of person is Billy?
4. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
5. What does the narrator say great literature has given way to?
6. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
7. Describe the three pictures Milford looks at while he waits for Mrs. Farragot to arrive.
8. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
9. As Gloria sees it what defines the people as southerners and northern?
10. What does Milford's brief say about his client and what does this seem to contradict?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)