|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
(a) Shapes their lives.
(b) Helps the community stay together.
(c) Works to help him stay current.
(d) Allows for racial harmony.
2. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
3. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To question him.
(b) To listen to the sermon.
(c) To make fun of Butler.
(d) To ask for others to leave the church.
5. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
(a) While riding a bike.
(b) While making love.
(c) While working .
(d) While running after his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
2. How do the congregation members feel about Butler's sermons?
3. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
5. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scar on the woman that fascinates the narrator.
2. Describe the character Clair as seen through Louis's eyes.
3. What is the first parable about the narrator shares?
4. What does Butler forbid in his shop and why does he forbid them?
5. What makes Eunice wonder about the hotel's breakfast calls?
6. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
7. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
8. What happens when the narrator of this story asks the woman sitting in the waiting room how she got the scar on her face?
9. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
10. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)