Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(b) People who insist on loyalty.
(c) A group of accountants.
(d) A gang.
2. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
(a) Willis's clothes.
(c) Purple beret.
(d) Slick's bar shirt.
3. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
(a) Like a musical.
(b) Like a parade on Easter Sunday.
(c) Like a stage.
(d) Like a convention of Italian gangsters.
4. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler as an assistant pastor?
(a) To make Butler feel useful.
(b) To allow the two congregations to join.
(c) To rejoin the black community.
(d) So Tarwell can go into politics.
5. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Drives garbage truck.
(b) Starts a farm.
(c) Goes to school.
(d) Becomes a preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
2. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
3. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
4. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
5. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
2. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
3. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
4. How does Charles seem to others and what does this lead people to think about the events that lead to his trial?
5. When the man with the massive tiara of black hair looks into Butler's shop, what does Butler offer him and how does the man respond?
6. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
7. What does R.V. guarantee Willis and what does Willis plan to do with his guarantee?
8. What does Leon become a rival for with the author and how does he show up the author?
9. What does the woman say Billy would need to do to be able to get promoted and how does he spend his time instead?
10. What does the narrator say to those who come to him telling him that anything not in the Bible is false?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)