|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
2. How do Billy's enemies feel?
3. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
4. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
(a) A sermon.
(b) An Afro.
(c) A place to work.
(d) A shoe shine.
5. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(b) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
(c) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
(d) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Billy appear to strut?
2. With what does Wilson have an odd fascination?
3. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
4. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
5. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
2. What does Butler forbid in his shop and why does he forbid them?
3. What doesn't Mrs. Boswell abide and for what is she determined to prepare the boys?
4. What kind of person is Billy?
5. What happens when the narrator of this story asks the woman sitting in the waiting room how she got the scar on her face?
6. What information about Mrs. Farragot's history does Milford have?
7. How does Willis confront Jones and what does Willis say to him?
8. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler and how does Butler feel about this?
9. Where do people say Billy died and what is the truth?
10. What does R.V. guarantee Willis and what does Willis plan to do with his guarantee?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)