|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator in this story?
(a) Gloria's husband.
(c) Mrs. Boswell.
2. Why is Corliss waiting in Mary Farragot's apartment?
(a) To Open her mail and materials.
(b) For her to come back.
(c) To take notes on her posessions.
(d) To talk to her about her likes and dislikes.
3. How do the congregation members feel about Butler's sermons?
4. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
(a) To expensive to allow a profit.
(b) To modern for him.
(c) A waste of time.
(d) Devil's work.
5. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
(a) She can't do better than him.
(b) She knows she loves him.
(c) She should give the next sermon.
(d) She can leave whenever she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
2. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
3. What does she say about the first doctor?
4. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
5. To what does the woman compare the scar?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Gloria sees it what defines the people as southerners and northern?
2. Describe Red Bone and what she tells the woman about Billy.
3. What do some people say about Dewey?
4. What does the narrator say that the best men do and do not?
5. What does R.V. guarantee Willis and what does Willis plan to do with his guarantee?
6. Why does the officer assume Mrs. Farragot is drunk and what happens when he tries to confirm it?
7. What does the woman say about men?
8. Describe the three pictures Milford looks at while he waits for Mrs. Farragot to arrive.
9. How does Gloria's husband feel about square dancing and why is it surprising he feels this way?
10. What factors does Butler spend his afternoon thinking about in regards to his situation?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)