|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
(a) They believe in the word of God.
(b) They feel pain, and pain changes views.
(c) They cannot be broken by the weight.
(d) They run away rather than facing adversaries.
2. What does the narrator like to do but not do?
(a) Taste new foods but not pay for them.
(b) Listen to the preachers but not believe.
(c) Read magazines but not buy them.
(d) Open packages that are not for him.
3. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(b) He is of German descent.
(c) He is too successful and has become proud.
(d) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
4. What subject did Thomas love in college?
5. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
(a) For her beauty.
(b) For her wit.
(c) For her stories.
(d) For her mind.
6. Which of the following characters is described as obviously successful if not wealthy?
7. What did Ginny do from the time she was 19 until she turned 22?
(a) Served time in jail.
(b) Served in the Peach Corps.
(c) Worked in a mental hospital.
(d) Was married to a man who abused her.
8. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
(b) Charles cannot get along.
(c) Charles is too smart.
(d) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
9. Who does the narrator say work in the neighborhood?
(a) Marketers who do not listen.
(b) Non-believers and truthsayers.
(c) Liars and cheats.
(d) A variety of evangelists.
10. What do the people chant?
(b) No more.
(c) Rise and celebrate.
(d) No longer average.
11. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
(a) Chosen the wrong restaurant.
(b) Shaved his beard.
(c) Gotten there before her.
(d) Changed the way his hair was cut.
12. Why does the judge's secretary tell him he must shine at the meeting?
(a) To protect Charles.
(b) Political reasons.
(c) To help with race relations.
(d) To overcome the case.
13. How long did Charles work for Johnson?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 20 years.
14. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
15. In the story, what is said to be the only one book that offers a suitable religion for businessmen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker say that everything has?
2. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
3. Who did Charles harm?
4. To what are Leon and Eunice summoned?
5. How many days did Charles sit silently at his murder trial?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)