Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
2. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) His children's school is being picketed.
(b) The news interviewed her.
(c) His parents refuse to see him any more.
(d) His grocery stores are being sued.
3. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
(a) Because of extenuating circumstances.
(b) To avoid the death penalty.
(c) Because Charles won't tell him what happened.
(d) To increase his fees.
4. When do the Germans insist on visiting?
(a) First thing in the morning.
(b) During their communions.
(c) After their favorite television shows.
(d) When only senior citizens are home.
5. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
6. What nationality does Leon think the man who summoned them is?
7. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He is of German descent.
(b) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
(c) He is too successful and has become proud.
(d) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
8. What does the speaker say that everything has?
(a) A purpose.
(b) A need.
(c) A desire.
(d) A price.
9. Why does the narrator head for the East?
(a) He is obliged to go there.
(b) It is softer there.
(c) This is the new Mecca and he is drawn there.
(d) Words have detached from emotion and passion.
10. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(c) The audience.
11. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
(b) Travelers' checks.
(d) Eurail passes.
12. Why does the judge's secretary tell him he must shine at the meeting?
(a) To protect Charles.
(b) To help with race relations.
(c) To overcome the case.
(d) Political reasons.
13. Which of the following characters is described as obviously successful if not wealthy?
14. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
(b) Great literature.
15. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
(a) For her stories.
(b) For her wit.
(c) For her beauty.
(d) For her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
2. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
3. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
4. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
5. With what color does Harold say is the only color that he is concerned?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)