|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones denies kept Charles and Jones from being friends?
(a) Johnson's rules.
(c) Social status.
2. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) Because he needs to make more money.
(b) To help all people achieve equality.
(c) Because his investments are higher.
(d) So that he does not go bankrupt.
3. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
(a) Act in a movie.
(b) Leave the dinner early.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Run for office.
4. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(b) The audience.
5. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
(a) Because Charles won't tell him what happened.
(b) To increase his fees.
(c) To avoid the death penalty.
(d) Because of extenuating circumstances.
6. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
7. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
(a) For her mind.
(b) For her stories.
(c) For her beauty.
(d) For her wit.
8. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
(a) The food.
(b) The countries visited.
(c) The lack of conversation.
(d) The people with whom she has to eat.
9. What nationality does Leon think the man who summoned them is?
10. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
(a) To watch her act in a movie.
(b) To see the sights.
(c) To meet her mother.
(d) To plan the wedding.
11. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
12. What does Charles ask Johnson that Plinkett witnessed?
(a) Is it time?
(b) Why are you still here?
(c) How much longer?
(d) When is my chance?
13. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
(a) Gotten there before her.
(b) Chosen the wrong restaurant.
(c) Changed the way his hair was cut.
(d) Shaved his beard.
14. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
(a) Great literature.
15. Why is Paul attracted to Ginny?
(a) Her well-developed sense of humor.
(b) Her mind and exotic nature.
(c) Her outward display of strength.
(d) Her amazing beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, what is said to be the only one book that offers a suitable religion for businessmen?
2. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
3. What does the speaker say that everything has?
4. How many of the seven wanted posters are of blacks?
5. Who did Charles harm?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)