|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel warn Paul about his daughter?
(a) Not to let her forget her heritage.
(b) Not to treat her like a plaything.
(c) Not to believe what she says.
(d) Not to take advantage of her.
2. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
(a) To avoid the death penalty.
(b) Because Charles won't tell him what happened.
(c) To increase his fees.
(d) Because of extenuating circumstances.
3. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
(a) Leave the dinner early.
(b) Run for office.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Act in a movie.
4. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He is too successful and has become proud.
(b) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(c) He is of German descent.
(d) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
5. Which of the following characters is described as obviously successful if not wealthy?
6. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
(a) It does not talk about the end of time.
(b) Everything in it is false.
(c) They should be reading it and respecting it.
(d) There is no true Bible.
7. How many of the seven wanted posters are of blacks?
8. What does Viola do when she meets Louis?
(a) Tells him to leave her daughter alone.
(b) Slaps him and tells him to leave her alone.
(c) Hugs him whispering that he is not worthy of her daughter.
(d) Embraces him but later slaps his cheek.
9. For what is the narrator searching?
(a) How God sees the end of the world.
(b) The definition of love.
(c) His one true love.
(d) The meaning of life.
10. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
(a) Waiting too long to approach them.
(b) Being unwilling to forgive.
(c) Giving up his own faith.
(d) Provoking Paul.
11. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
(a) What the purpose of life is.
(b) Where he can find love.
(c) What the note must contain.
(d) How to keep from committing suicide.
12. How many days did Charles sit silently at his murder trial?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 6 days.
13. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) Because his investments are higher.
(b) Because he needs to make more money.
(c) So that he does not go bankrupt.
(d) To help all people achieve equality.
14. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
(d) Great literature.
15. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what color does Harold say is the only color that he is concerned?
2. What subject did Thomas love in college?
3. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
4. When do the Germans insist on visiting?
5. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)