|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does Leon think the man who summoned them is?
2. When do the Germans insist on visiting?
(a) After their favorite television shows.
(b) When only senior citizens are home.
(c) First thing in the morning.
(d) During their communions.
3. In what month did Ginny and Paul get married?
4. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Charles cannot get along.
(b) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
(c) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
(d) Charles is too smart.
5. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
(a) Their friends throwing stones at their father's stores.
(b) Realizing their father is a cheat
(c) Watching him being picked on in the news.
(d) Their father being taken away by the police.
6. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) Justified realizations.
(b) The need to work together for publicity.
(c) Race relations.
(d) Ethics of profit.
7. With what color does Harold say is the only color that he is concerned?
(a) The color red.
(b) The color black.
(c) The color green.
(d) The color orange.
8. In the story, what is said to be the only one book that offers a suitable religion for businessmen?
9. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(b) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
(c) He is of German descent.
(d) He is too successful and has become proud.
10. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
(a) For overcharging customers.
(b) For talking more than working.
(c) For not sharing in the side work.
(d) For preaching to the customers.
11. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
(a) Giving up his own faith.
(b) Waiting too long to approach them.
(c) Being unwilling to forgive.
(d) Provoking Paul.
12. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
(a) To gather together all the Americans.
(b) To find his wife.
(c) To talk to the Asians and encourage them to check their rooms.
(d) To see what the Buglarian will do next.
13. What does the narrator like to do but not do?
(a) Listen to the preachers but not believe.
(b) Taste new foods but not pay for them.
(c) Read magazines but not buy them.
(d) Open packages that are not for him.
14. Where were the students given passports to go?
15. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(c) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did Charles sit silently at his murder trial?
2. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
3. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
4. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
5. What do the bobbies discuss on the way back to the hotel?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)