|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
(a) For her stories.
(b) For her wit.
(c) For her beauty.
(d) For her mind.
2. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Come with them to the embassy.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Commit hara-kiri.
(d) Return their possessions.
3. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
4. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
(a) The countries visited.
(b) The people with whom she has to eat.
(c) The food.
(d) The lack of conversation.
5. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
(a) To heal herself.
(b) To help her find her own identity.
(c) To protect Paul as well.
(d) To keep others from knowing her.
6. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) His parents refuse to see him any more.
(b) His children's school is being picketed.
(c) The news interviewed her.
(d) His grocery stores are being sued.
7. With what color does Harold say is the only color that he is concerned?
(a) The color black.
(b) The color red.
(c) The color orange.
(d) The color green.
8. Why does the character Paul Frost, leave Kansas?
(a) To avoid being drafted.
(b) To work in a mental hospital.
(c) To move in with his girlfriend.
(d) To see other parts of the country.
9. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
(a) To keep people from learning about the side business.
(b) He can save money that way.
(c) He doesn't believe in hand outs.
(d) To teach his employees a lesson.
10. What does the speaker say that everything has?
(a) A need.
(b) A desire.
(c) A purpose.
(d) A price.
11. What nationality does Leon think the man who summoned them is?
12. For what does Nelson claim to be a sucker?
(a) Words of Jesus.
(b) The belief that things will change.
(c) The white man's supremacy.
(d) Harold's price schemes.
13. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(b) He is too successful and has become proud.
(c) He is of German descent.
(d) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
14. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
(a) For preaching to the customers.
(b) For talking more than working.
(c) For overcharging customers.
(d) For not sharing in the side work.
15. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
2. Where were the students given passports to go?
3. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
4. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
5. How does Rogers characterize Charles's talent?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)