|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
(a) To protect Paul as well.
(b) To help her find her own identity.
(c) To keep others from knowing her.
(d) To heal herself.
2. What does Jones denies kept Charles and Jones from being friends?
(b) Johnson's rules.
(c) Social status.
3. How does Rogers characterize Charles's talent?
(a) It is lacking.
(b) It is amazing and underdeveloped.
(c) It is his greatest shortcomings.
(d) It does not match his ambitions.
4. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
(a) Everything in it is false.
(b) There is no true Bible.
(c) They should be reading it and respecting it.
(d) It does not talk about the end of time.
5. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
(a) Provoking Paul.
(b) Being unwilling to forgive.
(c) Giving up his own faith.
(d) Waiting too long to approach them.
6. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Return their possessions.
(b) Come with them to the embassy.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Commit hara-kiri.
7. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) Because his investments are higher.
(b) So that he does not go bankrupt.
(c) To help all people achieve equality.
(d) Because he needs to make more money.
8. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
(a) He marries a black girl.
(b) He is attacked by a stranger.
(c) He immediately asks for a transfer to Tennessee.
(d) He begins working in a mental hospital.
9. What does Thomas use to sell insurances policies?
(a) Death as a long happiness.
(b) Reactions to others.
(d) Fears and love.
10. To what are Leon and Eunice summoned?
(a) A mansion.
(b) The police station.
(d) A business meeting.
11. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
(a) The people with whom she has to eat.
(b) The food.
(c) The lack of conversation.
(d) The countries visited.
12. Why does the character Paul Frost, leave Kansas?
(a) To move in with his girlfriend.
(b) To work in a mental hospital.
(c) To avoid being drafted.
(d) To see other parts of the country.
13. What do the bobbies discuss on the way back to the hotel?
(a) The overriding belief that this is a waste of their time.
(b) The fact that they'd rather be working at their desks.
(c) The surprising frequency of thefts at that hotel.
(d) A homesexual rally.
14. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
(a) Great literature.
15. For what is Charles on trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
2. What does Charles ask Johnson that Plinkett witnessed?
3. Where were the students given passports to go?
4. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
5. What does the speaker say that everything has?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)