|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Charles cannot get along.
(b) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
(c) Charles is too smart.
(d) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
2. What does Daniel warn Paul about his daughter?
(a) Not to treat her like a plaything.
(b) Not to believe what she says.
(c) Not to let her forget her heritage.
(d) Not to take advantage of her.
3. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) The news interviewed her.
(b) His children's school is being picketed.
(c) His parents refuse to see him any more.
(d) His grocery stores are being sued.
4. When do the Germans insist on visiting?
(a) When only senior citizens are home.
(b) First thing in the morning.
(c) After their favorite television shows.
(d) During their communions.
5. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
(a) Eurail passes.
(c) Travelers' checks.
6. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
7. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
8. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
(a) For overcharging customers.
(b) For not sharing in the side work.
(c) For preaching to the customers.
(d) For talking more than working.
9. Why does the character Paul Frost, leave Kansas?
(a) To see other parts of the country.
(b) To avoid being drafted.
(c) To work in a mental hospital.
(d) To move in with his girlfriend.
10. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
11. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
12. In the story, what is said to be the only one book that offers a suitable religion for businessmen?
13. Which of the following characters is described as obviously successful if not wealthy?
14. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) Ethics of profit.
(b) The need to work together for publicity.
(c) Race relations.
(d) Justified realizations.
15. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(d) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
2. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
3. What nationality does Leon think the man who summoned them is?
4. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
5. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)