|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what are Leon and Eunice summoned?
(a) A mansion.
(b) The police station.
(d) A business meeting.
2. What is Paul's means of redeeming family?
3. Who does the narrator say work in the neighborhood?
(a) A variety of evangelists.
(b) Non-believers and truthsayers.
(c) Liars and cheats.
(d) Marketers who do not listen.
4. Which of the following characters is described as obviously successful if not wealthy?
5. What does Daniel warn Paul about his daughter?
(a) Not to treat her like a plaything.
(b) Not to believe what she says.
(c) Not to let her forget her heritage.
(d) Not to take advantage of her.
6. Why does the narrator head for the East?
(a) Words have detached from emotion and passion.
(b) He is obliged to go there.
(c) This is the new Mecca and he is drawn there.
(d) It is softer there.
7. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) To help all people achieve equality.
(b) Because he needs to make more money.
(c) Because his investments are higher.
(d) So that he does not go bankrupt.
8. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
(a) They believe in the word of God.
(b) They cannot be broken by the weight.
(c) They run away rather than facing adversaries.
(d) They feel pain, and pain changes views.
9. What do the bobbies discuss on the way back to the hotel?
(a) The fact that they'd rather be working at their desks.
(b) The overriding belief that this is a waste of their time.
(c) The surprising frequency of thefts at that hotel.
(d) A homesexual rally.
10. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
11. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
(a) He doesn't believe in hand outs.
(b) He can save money that way.
(c) To teach his employees a lesson.
(d) To keep people from learning about the side business.
12. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
13. How many of the seven wanted posters are of blacks?
14. Why is Paul attracted to Ginny?
(a) Her mind and exotic nature.
(b) Her well-developed sense of humor.
(c) Her outward display of strength.
(d) Her amazing beauty.
15. For what is the narrator searching?
(a) The definition of love.
(b) How God sees the end of the world.
(c) His one true love.
(d) The meaning of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the judge's secretary tell him he must shine at the meeting?
2. What do the people chant?
3. What does Mrs. Richards say when Louis asks if Clair is close to anyone?
4. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
5. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)