|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
2. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
(a) For her beauty.
(b) For her stories.
(c) For her mind.
(d) For her wit.
3. Why does the judge's secretary tell him he must shine at the meeting?
(a) To overcome the case.
(b) Political reasons.
(c) To help with race relations.
(d) To protect Charles.
4. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Charles is too smart.
(b) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
(c) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
(d) Charles cannot get along.
6. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
(a) He begins working in a mental hospital.
(b) He marries a black girl.
(c) He is attacked by a stranger.
(d) He immediately asks for a transfer to Tennessee.
7. What does the speaker say that everything has?
(a) A price.
(b) A purpose.
(c) A need.
(d) A desire.
8. What does Viola do when she meets Louis?
(a) Slaps him and tells him to leave her alone.
(b) Embraces him but later slaps his cheek.
(c) Tells him to leave her daughter alone.
(d) Hugs him whispering that he is not worthy of her daughter.
9. Where were the students given passports to go?
10. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
11. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
12. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He is too successful and has become proud.
(b) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(c) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
(d) He is of German descent.
13. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
(a) To keep others from knowing her.
(b) To heal herself.
(c) To help her find her own identity.
(d) To protect Paul as well.
14. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
15. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
(a) To meet her mother.
(b) To see the sights.
(c) To plan the wedding.
(d) To watch her act in a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator like to do but not do?
2. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
3. For what is Charles on trial?
4. What is Paul's means of redeeming family?
5. What nationality does Leon think the man who summoned them is?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)