|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as obviously successful if not wealthy?
2. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
(a) 2 weeks ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) He never noticed trouble between them.
(d) 8 years ago.
3. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
(a) Where he can find love.
(b) What the purpose of life is.
(c) How to keep from committing suicide.
(d) What the note must contain.
4. In what month did Ginny and Paul get married?
5. What is Paul's means of redeeming family?
6. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
(a) To keep others from knowing her.
(b) To help her find her own identity.
(c) To heal herself.
(d) To protect Paul as well.
7. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
(a) For preaching to the customers.
(b) For talking more than working.
(c) For overcharging customers.
(d) For not sharing in the side work.
8. For what is Charles on trial?
9. What do the people chant?
(a) Rise and celebrate.
(b) No longer average.
(d) No more.
10. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
(a) Travelers' checks.
(c) Eurail passes.
11. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
(a) To plan the wedding.
(b) To see the sights.
(c) To meet her mother.
(d) To watch her act in a movie.
12. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) Justified realizations.
(b) Race relations.
(c) Ethics of profit.
(d) The need to work together for publicity.
13. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
(a) They believe in the word of God.
(b) They run away rather than facing adversaries.
(c) They cannot be broken by the weight.
(d) They feel pain, and pain changes views.
14. What do the bobbies discuss on the way back to the hotel?
(a) The overriding belief that this is a waste of their time.
(b) A homesexual rally.
(c) The surprising frequency of thefts at that hotel.
(d) The fact that they'd rather be working at their desks.
15. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
2. What does the sane man in the parable realize when he is given the vision of clarity?
3. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
4. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
5. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)