|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what color does Harold say is the only color that he is concerned?
(a) The color black.
(b) The color red.
(c) The color green.
(d) The color orange.
2. What do the bobbies discuss on the way back to the hotel?
(a) A homesexual rally.
(b) The surprising frequency of thefts at that hotel.
(c) The fact that they'd rather be working at their desks.
(d) The overriding belief that this is a waste of their time.
3. For what does Nelson claim to be a sucker?
(a) The belief that things will change.
(b) Words of Jesus.
(c) The white man's supremacy.
(d) Harold's price schemes.
4. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
(a) 2 weeks ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) He never noticed trouble between them.
5. What subject did Thomas love in college?
6. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
7. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
(a) He can save money that way.
(b) He doesn't believe in hand outs.
(c) To teach his employees a lesson.
(d) To keep people from learning about the side business.
8. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) Race relations.
(b) Justified realizations.
(c) Ethics of profit.
(d) The need to work together for publicity.
9. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
(a) As if they are crazy.
(b) As if they want them to leave fast.
(c) As if they cannot understand them.
(d) As if they are entertainers.
10. What does Daniel warn Paul about his daughter?
(a) Not to believe what she says.
(b) Not to take advantage of her.
(c) Not to treat her like a plaything.
(d) Not to let her forget her heritage.
11. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
12. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) His parents refuse to see him any more.
(b) The news interviewed her.
(c) His grocery stores are being sued.
(d) His children's school is being picketed.
13. How many days did Charles sit silently at his murder trial?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
14. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
(a) They should be reading it and respecting it.
(b) There is no true Bible.
(c) It does not talk about the end of time.
(d) Everything in it is false.
15. What does Charles ask Johnson that Plinkett witnessed?
(a) Is it time?
(b) Why are you still here?
(c) When is my chance?
(d) How much longer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones denies kept Charles and Jones from being friends?
2. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
3. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
4. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
5. Why does the narrator head for the East?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)