|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
(a) Their father being taken away by the police.
(b) Watching him being picked on in the news.
(c) Realizing their father is a cheat
(d) Their friends throwing stones at their father's stores.
2. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
(a) The people with whom she has to eat.
(b) The countries visited.
(c) The food.
(d) The lack of conversation.
3. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
(a) He begins working in a mental hospital.
(b) He is attacked by a stranger.
(c) He immediately asks for a transfer to Tennessee.
(d) He marries a black girl.
4. What does the narrator like to do but not do?
(a) Taste new foods but not pay for them.
(b) Open packages that are not for him.
(c) Read magazines but not buy them.
(d) Listen to the preachers but not believe.
5. What do the people chant?
(a) Rise and celebrate.
(b) No more.
(c) No longer average.
6. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
7. How does Rogers characterize Charles's talent?
(a) It is amazing and underdeveloped.
(b) It is his greatest shortcomings.
(c) It does not match his ambitions.
(d) It is lacking.
8. What does Thomas use to sell insurances policies?
(a) Death as a long happiness.
(b) Reactions to others.
(c) Fears and love.
9. What do the bobbies discuss on the way back to the hotel?
(a) The fact that they'd rather be working at their desks.
(b) The overriding belief that this is a waste of their time.
(c) A homesexual rally.
(d) The surprising frequency of thefts at that hotel.
10. What does Mrs. Richards say when Louis asks if Clair is close to anyone?
(a) She has never been close to anyone in her life.
(b) She has a man who she loves dearly.
(c) She is looking or someone with whom to fall in love.
(d) She is dating someone secretly.
11. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(a) The audience.
12. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
13. Why does the narrator head for the East?
(a) Words have detached from emotion and passion.
(b) It is softer there.
(c) This is the new Mecca and he is drawn there.
(d) He is obliged to go there.
14. What does the speaker say that everything has?
(a) A desire.
(b) A need.
(c) A price.
(d) A purpose.
15. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) To help all people achieve equality.
(b) Because his investments are higher.
(c) So that he does not go bankrupt.
(d) Because he needs to make more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel warn Paul about his daughter?
2. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
3. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
4. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
5. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)