|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
(a) What the purpose of life is.
(b) What the note must contain.
(c) Where he can find love.
(d) How to keep from committing suicide.
2. With what color does Harold say is the only color that he is concerned?
(a) The color black.
(b) The color orange.
(c) The color green.
(d) The color red.
3. What does Mrs. Richards say when Louis asks if Clair is close to anyone?
(a) She is looking or someone with whom to fall in love.
(b) She is dating someone secretly.
(c) She has never been close to anyone in her life.
(d) She has a man who she loves dearly.
4. What does Charles ask Johnson that Plinkett witnessed?
(a) Why are you still here?
(b) Is it time?
(c) How much longer?
(d) When is my chance?
5. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
(a) Being unwilling to forgive.
(b) Waiting too long to approach them.
(c) Provoking Paul.
(d) Giving up his own faith.
6. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(a) The audience.
7. To where does the bobby indicate Leon should hurry?
8. What do the people chant?
(a) No more.
(b) Rise and celebrate.
(c) No longer average.
9. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
(a) Changed the way his hair was cut.
(b) Shaved his beard.
(c) Gotten there before her.
(d) Chosen the wrong restaurant.
10. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
(a) As if they want them to leave fast.
(b) As if they cannot understand them.
(c) As if they are entertainers.
(d) As if they are crazy.
11. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(b) He is of German descent.
(c) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
(d) He is too successful and has become proud.
12. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
(a) Everything in it is false.
(b) There is no true Bible.
(c) They should be reading it and respecting it.
(d) It does not talk about the end of time.
13. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
(a) They believe in the word of God.
(b) They run away rather than facing adversaries.
(c) They cannot be broken by the weight.
(d) They feel pain, and pain changes views.
14. How many days did Charles sit silently at his murder trial?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
15. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Charles cannot get along.
(b) Charles is too smart.
(c) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
(d) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
2. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
3. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
4. What subject did Thomas love in college?
5. When do the Germans insist on visiting?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)