|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
(a) To teach his employees a lesson.
(b) He doesn't believe in hand outs.
(c) He can save money that way.
(d) To keep people from learning about the side business.
2. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
3. For what is the narrator searching?
(a) How God sees the end of the world.
(b) The definition of love.
(c) His one true love.
(d) The meaning of life.
4. How does Rogers characterize Charles's talent?
(a) It is his greatest shortcomings.
(b) It is amazing and underdeveloped.
(c) It does not match his ambitions.
(d) It is lacking.
5. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(b) The audience.
6. In the story, what is said to be the only one book that offers a suitable religion for businessmen?
7. How far away is the bobby station?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
8. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
(a) Because Charles won't tell him what happened.
(b) Because of extenuating circumstances.
(c) To avoid the death penalty.
(d) To increase his fees.
9. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
(a) To heal herself.
(b) To keep others from knowing her.
(c) To help her find her own identity.
(d) To protect Paul as well.
10. What does Mrs. Richards say when Louis asks if Clair is close to anyone?
(a) She has never been close to anyone in her life.
(b) She is dating someone secretly.
(c) She has a man who she loves dearly.
(d) She is looking or someone with whom to fall in love.
11. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
(a) To find his wife.
(b) To gather together all the Americans.
(c) To talk to the Asians and encourage them to check their rooms.
(d) To see what the Buglarian will do next.
12. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
(a) 8 years ago.
(b) 2 weeks ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) He never noticed trouble between them.
13. Who does the narrator say work in the neighborhood?
(a) A variety of evangelists.
(b) Liars and cheats.
(c) Non-believers and truthsayers.
(d) Marketers who do not listen.
14. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
15. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
(a) Realizing their father is a cheat
(b) Their father being taken away by the police.
(c) Watching him being picked on in the news.
(d) Their friends throwing stones at their father's stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality does Leon think the man who summoned them is?
2. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
3. For what is Charles on trial?
4. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
5. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)