|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones denies kept Charles and Jones from being friends?
(a) Social status.
(b) Johnson's rules.
2. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(b) He is too successful and has become proud.
(c) He is of German descent.
(d) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
3. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) To help all people achieve equality.
(b) Because he needs to make more money.
(c) Because his investments are higher.
(d) So that he does not go bankrupt.
4. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
(a) It does not talk about the end of time.
(b) There is no true Bible.
(c) They should be reading it and respecting it.
(d) Everything in it is false.
5. What happens when Paul is transferred to Oakland, CA?
(a) He is attacked by a stranger.
(b) He begins working in a mental hospital.
(c) He marries a black girl.
(d) He immediately asks for a transfer to Tennessee.
6. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
(a) Travelers' checks.
(d) Eurail passes.
7. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
8. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
(d) Great literature.
9. For what is Charles on trial?
10. For what is the narrator searching?
(a) How God sees the end of the world.
(b) His one true love.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) The definition of love.
11. What do the people chant?
(a) Rise and celebrate.
(b) No more.
(d) No longer average.
12. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) Race relations.
(b) Ethics of profit.
(c) The need to work together for publicity.
(d) Justified realizations.
13. Who does the narrator say work in the neighborhood?
(a) Liars and cheats.
(b) A variety of evangelists.
(c) Marketers who do not listen.
(d) Non-believers and truthsayers.
14. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(d) The audience.
15. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
2. How long did Charles work for Johnson?
3. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
4. What does Thomas use to sell insurances policies?
5. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)