|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
2. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Charles cannot get along.
(b) Charles is too smart.
(c) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
(d) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
3. What did Ginny do from the time she was 19 until she turned 22?
(a) Served time in jail.
(b) Was married to a man who abused her.
(c) Worked in a mental hospital.
(d) Served in the Peach Corps.
4. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
(b) Great literature.
5. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
(a) To plan the wedding.
(b) To meet her mother.
(c) To watch her act in a movie.
(d) To see the sights.
6. What does Charles ask Johnson that Plinkett witnessed?
(a) How much longer?
(b) Is it time?
(c) Why are you still here?
(d) When is my chance?
7. Where were the students given passports to go?
8. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
(a) Run for office.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Act in a movie.
(d) Leave the dinner early.
9. In what month did Ginny and Paul get married?
10. What does the narrator like to do but not do?
(a) Open packages that are not for him.
(b) Taste new foods but not pay for them.
(c) Listen to the preachers but not believe.
(d) Read magazines but not buy them.
11. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
(a) Where he can find love.
(b) What the note must contain.
(c) What the purpose of life is.
(d) How to keep from committing suicide.
12. How long did Charles work for Johnson?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 13 years.
13. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
(a) Chosen the wrong restaurant.
(b) Shaved his beard.
(c) Changed the way his hair was cut.
(d) Gotten there before her.
14. What does Mrs. Richards say when Louis asks if Clair is close to anyone?
(a) She has a man who she loves dearly.
(b) She has never been close to anyone in her life.
(c) She is dating someone secretly.
(d) She is looking or someone with whom to fall in love.
15. What does Jones denies kept Charles and Jones from being friends?
(b) Johnson's rules.
(c) Social status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator head for the East?
2. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
3. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
4. What subject did Thomas love in college?
5. What does the sane man in the parable realize when he is given the vision of clarity?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)