|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 7 years.
2. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
3. What do the people chant?
(b) Rise and celebrate.
(c) No more.
(d) No longer average.
4. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
(a) They cannot be broken by the weight.
(b) They run away rather than facing adversaries.
(c) They feel pain, and pain changes views.
(d) They believe in the word of God.
5. What is Paul's means of redeeming family?
6. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
(a) For her stories.
(b) For her beauty.
(c) For her wit.
(d) For her mind.
7. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Commit hara-kiri.
(b) Return their possessions.
(c) Come with them to the embassy.
(d) Call the police.
8. What does Daniel warn Paul about his daughter?
(a) Not to believe what she says.
(b) Not to take advantage of her.
(c) Not to treat her like a plaything.
(d) Not to let her forget her heritage.
9. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
(a) Because Charles won't tell him what happened.
(b) To avoid the death penalty.
(c) To increase his fees.
(d) Because of extenuating circumstances.
10. What does the sane man in the parable realize when he is given the vision of clarity?
(a) That help comes from friends.
(b) That the human souls are shadowed.
(c) That there is no love.
(d) That his friends hate him.
11. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
(b) Charles cannot get along.
(c) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
(d) Charles is too smart.
12. With what color does Harold say is the only color that he is concerned?
(a) The color black.
(b) The color orange.
(c) The color green.
(d) The color red.
13. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(d) The audience.
14. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
(a) To see what the Buglarian will do next.
(b) To find his wife.
(c) To talk to the Asians and encourage them to check their rooms.
(d) To gather together all the Americans.
15. What does Jones denies kept Charles and Jones from being friends?
(c) Johnson's rules.
(d) Social status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
2. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
3. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
4. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
5. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)