|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
(a) To gather together all the Americans.
(b) To see what the Buglarian will do next.
(c) To talk to the Asians and encourage them to check their rooms.
(d) To find his wife.
3. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
(a) As if they cannot understand them.
(b) As if they want them to leave fast.
(c) As if they are entertainers.
(d) As if they are crazy.
4. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
(a) Being unwilling to forgive.
(b) Giving up his own faith.
(c) Waiting too long to approach them.
(d) Provoking Paul.
5. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
6. What does Mrs. Richards say when Louis asks if Clair is close to anyone?
(a) She is looking or someone with whom to fall in love.
(b) She has a man who she loves dearly.
(c) She has never been close to anyone in her life.
(d) She is dating someone secretly.
7. What did Ginny do from the time she was 19 until she turned 22?
(a) Worked in a mental hospital.
(b) Served in the Peach Corps.
(c) Served time in jail.
(d) Was married to a man who abused her.
8. How many of the seven wanted posters are of blacks?
9. What do the people chant?
(a) Rise and celebrate.
(b) No longer average.
(c) No more.
10. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
(b) Charles is too smart.
(c) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
(d) Charles cannot get along.
11. How many days did Charles sit silently at his murder trial?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 3 days.
12. What is Paul's means of redeeming family?
13. Who reminded Rogers of a disturbance caused by Charles previously?
14. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
(a) To meet her mother.
(b) To plan the wedding.
(c) To watch her act in a movie.
(d) To see the sights.
15. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
(a) The lack of conversation.
(b) The countries visited.
(c) The people with whom she has to eat.
(d) The food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Paul attracted to Ginny?
2. Where were the students given passports to go?
3. How long did Charles work for Johnson?
4. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
5. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)