|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas use to sell insurances policies?
(a) Fears and love.
(b) Death as a long happiness.
(c) Reactions to others.
2. How far away is the bobby station?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
3. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
4. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
(a) Being unwilling to forgive.
(b) Waiting too long to approach them.
(c) Giving up his own faith.
(d) Provoking Paul.
5. Why does the judge's secretary tell him he must shine at the meeting?
(a) To help with race relations.
(b) To protect Charles.
(c) To overcome the case.
(d) Political reasons.
6. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
(a) Their father being taken away by the police.
(b) Their friends throwing stones at their father's stores.
(c) Realizing their father is a cheat
(d) Watching him being picked on in the news.
7. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) Race relations.
(b) The need to work together for publicity.
(c) Ethics of profit.
(d) Justified realizations.
8. To where does the bobby indicate Leon should hurry?
9. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
10. Why is Paul attracted to Ginny?
(a) Her amazing beauty.
(b) Her well-developed sense of humor.
(c) Her outward display of strength.
(d) Her mind and exotic nature.
11. Why did Pinkett suggest Charles get a new job?
(a) Pinkett wants Charles to succeed.
(b) Jones won't give Charles a fair chance.
(c) Charles is too smart.
(d) Charles cannot get along.
12. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
13. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Come with them to the embassy.
(b) Commit hara-kiri.
(c) Return their possessions.
(d) Call the police.
14. How does Rogers characterize Charles's talent?
(a) It is lacking.
(b) It is amazing and underdeveloped.
(c) It does not match his ambitions.
(d) It is his greatest shortcomings.
15. For what is Charles on trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
2. What nationality does Leon think the man who summoned them is?
3. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
4. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
5. For what is the narrator searching?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)