|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
(a) It does not talk about the end of time.
(b) There is no true Bible.
(c) Everything in it is false.
(d) They should be reading it and respecting it.
2. In the story, what is said to be the only one book that offers a suitable religion for businessmen?
3. What does the speaker say that everything has?
(a) A desire.
(b) A need.
(c) A purpose.
(d) A price.
4. Why does the judge's secretary tell him he must shine at the meeting?
(a) To protect Charles.
(b) Political reasons.
(c) To help with race relations.
(d) To overcome the case.
5. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
(a) For preaching to the customers.
(b) For overcharging customers.
(c) For not sharing in the side work.
(d) For talking more than working.
6. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) His children's school is being picketed.
(b) His parents refuse to see him any more.
(c) The news interviewed her.
(d) His grocery stores are being sued.
7. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) To help all people achieve equality.
(b) So that he does not go bankrupt.
(c) Because he needs to make more money.
(d) Because his investments are higher.
8. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
(a) To gather together all the Americans.
(b) To talk to the Asians and encourage them to check their rooms.
(c) To see what the Buglarian will do next.
(d) To find his wife.
9. What does Charles ask Johnson that Plinkett witnessed?
(a) Why are you still here?
(b) How much longer?
(c) Is it time?
(d) When is my chance?
10. What do the people chant?
(a) No more.
(b) No longer average.
(c) Rise and celebrate.
11. For what is Charles on trial?
12. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
13. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
(a) Chosen the wrong restaurant.
(b) Changed the way his hair was cut.
(c) Shaved his beard.
(d) Gotten there before her.
14. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
15. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Charles work for Johnson?
2. What does Jones denies kept Charles and Jones from being friends?
3. Who did Charles harm?
4. For what does Nelson claim to be a sucker?
5. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)