|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
(a) To see what the Buglarian will do next.
(b) To talk to the Asians and encourage them to check their rooms.
(c) To gather together all the Americans.
(d) To find his wife.
2. In the story, what is said to be the only one book that offers a suitable religion for businessmen?
3. To where does the bobby indicate Leon should hurry?
4. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
(a) The people with whom she has to eat.
(b) The food.
(c) The lack of conversation.
(d) The countries visited.
5. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
6. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
(a) Come with them to the embassy.
(b) Commit hara-kiri.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Return their possessions.
7. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(c) The audience.
8. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
9. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
(a) He never noticed trouble between them.
(b) 2 weeks ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
10. For what is the narrator searching?
(a) His one true love.
(b) The definition of love.
(c) How God sees the end of the world.
(d) The meaning of life.
11. Who did Charles harm?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His employer.
(d) His wife.
12. How many days did Charles sit silently at his murder trial?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 3 days.
13. Why does Ginny protect her lucky innocent nature?
(a) To help her find her own identity.
(b) To heal herself.
(c) To protect Paul as well.
(d) To keep others from knowing her.
14. Who does the narrator say work in the neighborhood?
(a) A variety of evangelists.
(b) Marketers who do not listen.
(c) Non-believers and truthsayers.
(d) Liars and cheats.
15. Why does the narrator head for the East?
(a) He is obliged to go there.
(b) It is softer there.
(c) This is the new Mecca and he is drawn there.
(d) Words have detached from emotion and passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
2. In what month did Ginny and Paul get married?
3. Why is Paul attracted to Ginny?
4. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
5. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)