|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rogers characterize Charles's talent?
(a) It is amazing and underdeveloped.
(b) It is his greatest shortcomings.
(c) It is lacking.
(d) It does not match his ambitions.
2. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
(a) Their friends throwing stones at their father's stores.
(b) Their father being taken away by the police.
(c) Watching him being picked on in the news.
(d) Realizing their father is a cheat
3. Why does Leon rush back to the breakfast room?
(a) To see what the Buglarian will do next.
(b) To gather together all the Americans.
(c) To find his wife.
(d) To talk to the Asians and encourage them to check their rooms.
4. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. What is Paul's means of redeeming family?
6. When Ginny apologizes for Paul to the narrator what does she accuse the narrator of doing?
(a) Being unwilling to forgive.
(b) Giving up his own faith.
(c) Provoking Paul.
(d) Waiting too long to approach them.
7. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) The news interviewed her.
(b) His children's school is being picketed.
(c) His parents refuse to see him any more.
(d) His grocery stores are being sued.
8. What does Thomas use to sell insurances policies?
(a) Reactions to others.
(b) Fears and love.
(d) Death as a long happiness.
9. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
(b) He is of German descent.
(c) He is too successful and has become proud.
(d) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
10. Who does the narrator say work in the neighborhood?
(a) A variety of evangelists.
(b) Liars and cheats.
(c) Non-believers and truthsayers.
(d) Marketers who do not listen.
11. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 8 years ago.
(c) He never noticed trouble between them.
(d) 2 weeks ago.
12. In the story, what is said to be the only one book that offers a suitable religion for businessmen?
13. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
(a) Gotten there before her.
(b) Shaved his beard.
(c) Changed the way his hair was cut.
(d) Chosen the wrong restaurant.
14. What does Viola do when she meets Louis?
(a) Slaps him and tells him to leave her alone.
(b) Hugs him whispering that he is not worthy of her daughter.
(c) Tells him to leave her daughter alone.
(d) Embraces him but later slaps his cheek.
15. How far away is the bobby station?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
2. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
3. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
4. Why does the narrator value Ginny?
5. Who did Charles harm?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)