|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He feed the baby for 21 years.
(b) He marry the girl.
(c) He disappear never to return.
(d) He move in with the both of them.
2. To what does the woman compare the scar?
(a) A badge of honor.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A disfigurement.
(d) A reminder.
3. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
(a) Relations officer.
(c) Community collector.
4. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
5. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
(a) They like her more.
(b) They think they are out for a fall.
(c) They resent her attitude.
(d) They envy her.
6. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
(a) She is Willis's girlfriend.
(b) She is his aunt's neighbor.
(c) She is mean and carries a gun.
(d) She is a snitch for the police.
7. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
(a) To talk about his mother.
(b) To help him get away from the farm.
(c) To stop talking and give him some gum.
(d) To go across the road and buy him lunch.
8. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
(a) Shapes their lives.
(b) Works to help him stay current.
(c) Allows for racial harmony.
(d) Helps the community stay together.
9. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
(b) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
(c) Why she stays with the man.
(d) Why he won't listen to her.
10. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
11. What does Mrs. Farragot explain to her attorney about Winfield?
(a) That he doesn't know what to say.
(b) That he often talks around a point.
(c) That he doesn't like white people.
(d) That he is intimidated by judges.
12. What part of the scar does the woman hope can be fixed?
(a) All of it.
(b) The part around the eye.
(c) The part on her forehead.
(d) The part at her chin.
13. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
(a) Huge belt buckle.
(c) Fake guns.
(d) Lots of jewlery.
14. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
(a) She should give the next sermon.
(b) She can leave whenever she wants.
(c) She can't do better than him.
(d) She knows she loves him.
15. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) Clarence Buford.
(b) His father.
(c) Bronx connections.
(d) Mrs. Boswell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters is the group's warlord?
2. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
3. What colors does Gweneth wear?
4. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
5. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)