|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) A patient.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The secretary.
2. What colors does Gweneth wear?
(a) Pink and black.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Blue and green.
3. For what was Mrs. Farragot arrested?
(a) Hitting an officer.
4. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
(a) Baptist preacher.
(b) Bar owner.
(d) He has no occupation.
5. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
(a) Fancy cuts.
(b) Shoe shines.
6. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(b) A gang.
(c) A group of accountants.
(d) People who insist on loyalty.
7. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
(a) Inner City.
8. Which of the characters is the group's warlord?
9. Who else does R.V. say supports them?
(c) Church goers.
10. What does she say about the first doctor?
(a) He refused to touch her.
(b) He stitched her up like a turkey.
(c) He said the stabbing was her fault.
(d) He was a plastic surgeon.
11. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
(a) Because he knows Butler doesn't know any better.
(b) Because he is a minister.
(c) Because he is too old.
(d) Because Butler refunded his money.
12. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
(a) They like her more.
(b) They envy her.
(c) They think they are out for a fall.
(d) They resent her attitude.
13. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
(b) A jitterbbugging contest.
(c) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
(d) An explanation of the historical event.
14. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
(a) Shoe shiner and bookie.
(b) Shoe shiner and barber.
(c) Preacher and bookie.
(d) Barber and preacher.
15. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
(a) That he knew the officer.
(b) That Mrs. Farragot enjoys drinking bourbon.
(c) That he already knew the outcome of the trial.
(d) That the judge did not like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
2. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
3. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
4. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
5. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)