|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does R.V. say they should join forces?
(a) To get more money.
(b) To take down Slick.
(c) For the greater good.
(d) To ensure everyone is safe.
2. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
(a) Fix tickets.
(b) Control other gangs.
(c) Swat flies.
(d) Compete in business.
4. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Saturday at 7.
(b) Mondays at noon.
(c) Noon on Friday.
(d) 7 at Thursday.
5. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
(a) Like a parade on Easter Sunday.
(b) Like a convention of Italian gangsters.
(c) Like a stage.
(d) Like a musical.
6. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
(a) He has no occupation.
(b) Bar owner.
(c) Baptist preacher.
7. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
(a) Inner City.
8. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Trips R.V. and causes him to fall.
(c) Punches him in the face.
(d) Takes his gun away.
9. What is it rumored that Billy lost fighting a redneck near Limehouse, SC?
(a) His left ear.
(b) His left eye.
(c) His big toe.
(d) His right pinky finger.
10. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
(a) Purple beret.
(c) Willis's clothes.
(d) Slick's bar shirt.
11. What makes Billy appear to strut?
(a) A birth defect.
(b) His personality.
(c) His advice.
(d) A war wound.
12. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
(a) Move out of the city and take him with him.
(b) Hide out for a week and then try again.
(c) Get protection and adopt a new approach.
(d) Ask Slick to help him and talk to R.V.
13. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) A patient.
(b) The secretary.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The nurse.
14. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
(a) He hurts Red.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He kills Billy.
(d) He gets stabbed.
15. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He doesn't know the steps.
(c) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(d) He makes to much noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
2. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
3. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
4. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
5. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)