|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He hurts Red.
(c) He gets stabbed.
(d) He kills Billy.
2. How many doctors has the woman seen?
3. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
(a) While running after his child.
(b) While making love.
(c) While working .
(d) While riding a bike.
4. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
(a) He is kidnapped and held captive for a month.
(b) He holds up the owner of the store.
(c) The owner refuses to serve him.
(d) He dies in a gunfight.
5. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
(a) Move out of the city and take him with him.
(b) Hide out for a week and then try again.
(c) Ask Slick to help him and talk to R.V.
(d) Get protection and adopt a new approach.
6. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) An explanation of the historical event.
(b) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
(c) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
(d) A jitterbbugging contest.
7. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To killing but never getting caught.
(b) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
(c) To being a business man but never stupid.
(d) To being young but never a fool.
8. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
(b) Government worker.
9. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
(b) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(c) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
(d) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
10. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) Lemon and country music.
(b) May poles and laughter.
(c) Square dancing and spurs.
(d) Jangles and Brooklyn.
11. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He doesn't know the steps.
(b) He makes to much noise.
(c) He has razors on his shoes.
(d) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
12. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To watch her walk away.
(b) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(c) To be sure not to miss anything.
(d) To hear her say "bye y'all."
13. Who gets into a dispute with the person who is honking his horn?
14. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
(a) Fancy cuts.
(d) Shoe shines.
15. What part of the scar does the woman hope can be fixed?
(a) All of it.
(b) The part on her forehead.
(c) The part around the eye.
(d) The part at her chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
2. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
3. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
4. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
5. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)