|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 13 years.
2. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Trips R.V. and causes him to fall.
(c) Punches him in the face.
(d) Takes his gun away.
3. How many doctors has the woman seen?
4. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
(b) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
(c) That he can change his role.
(d) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
5. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
(a) Like a stage.
(b) Like a parade on Easter Sunday.
(c) Like a musical.
(d) Like a convention of Italian gangsters.
6. How do the congregation members feel about Butler's sermons?
7. What does Mrs. Farragot explain to her attorney about Winfield?
(a) That he is intimidated by judges.
(b) That he doesn't like white people.
(c) That he often talks around a point.
(d) That he doesn't know what to say.
8. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
(a) To make more money from his gambling.
(b) To spy on Red and the woman.
(c) To be around when the nightshift breaks for lunch.
(d) To talk to Billy.
9. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
(a) Mrs. Boswell.
(b) Gloria's husband.
10. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why she stays with the man.
(b) Why he won't listen to her.
(c) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
(d) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
11. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
12. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Mondays at noon.
(b) Noon on Friday.
(c) Saturday at 7.
(d) 7 at Thursday.
13. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
14. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
(b) Bar owner.
(c) He has no occupation.
(d) Baptist preacher.
15. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
(a) To go and watch a Tarwell sermon.
(b) To lay off the broken record.
(c) To add some excitement to the church.
(d) To retire and travel with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
2. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
3. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
4. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
5. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)