|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
(b) How to spy on people.
(c) Explosive technology.
(d) Ways to hurt others.
2. Who caused the woman's scar?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
(a) Begs William to save him.
(b) Sings and laughs.
(c) Talks to his dead mother.
(d) Stares at William.
4. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
(a) To be around when the nightshift breaks for lunch.
(b) To make more money from his gambling.
(c) To spy on Red and the woman.
(d) To talk to Billy.
5. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Goes to school.
(b) Drives garbage truck.
(c) Starts a farm.
(d) Becomes a preacher.
6. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
7. What was the most important question that the narrator wants to ask?
(a) Where will you go next?
(b) When did this happen?
(c) What is your name?
(d) What happened to Billy?
8. What makes Billy appear to strut?
(a) His advice.
(b) A birth defect.
(c) A war wound.
(d) His personality.
9. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
(a) Tracking down blacks who default on their car loans.
(b) Getting the cars ready to be picked up.
(c) Selling cars to blacks.
(d) Keeping the cars and the car lot safe.
10. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(a) The narrator.
11. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
(a) His father's rigid beliefs.
(b) Leon's leadership.
(c) Stereotypes of men.
(d) Her teachings and rules.
12. What is Harper's farm?
(a) Where Billy hids from the law.
(b) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(c) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
(d) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
13. What does Milford dislike in Mrs. Farragot's apartment?
(a) Her Sacred Heart of Jesus painting.
(b) The way it is organized; it is too neat.
(c) The cat that continues to stare at her.
(d) Her grandfather's clock.
14. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
(a) Declare his loyalty.
(b) Leave immediately.
(c) Go and find the police.
(d) Kill Slick.
15. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To show that black men can be educated.
(b) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
(c) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
(d) To show her lawyer that he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
2. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
3. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
4. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
5. What does Willis say to R.V.?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)