Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(b) People who insist on loyalty.
(c) A group of accountants.
(d) A gang.
2. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
(a) Willis's clothes.
(c) Purple beret.
(d) Slick's bar shirt.
3. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
(a) Like a musical.
(b) Like a parade on Easter Sunday.
(c) Like a stage.
(d) Like a convention of Italian gangsters.
4. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler as an assistant pastor?
(a) To make Butler feel useful.
(b) To allow the two congregations to join.
(c) To rejoin the black community.
(d) So Tarwell can go into politics.
5. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Drives garbage truck.
(b) Starts a farm.
(c) Goes to school.
(d) Becomes a preacher.
6. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(a) The narrator.
7. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
(a) To lay off the broken record.
(b) To retire and travel with her.
(c) To go and watch a Tarwell sermon.
(d) To add some excitement to the church.
8. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
(a) Sings and laughs.
(b) Begs William to save him.
(c) Stares at William.
(d) Talks to his dead mother.
9. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
10. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
11. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) A jitterbbugging contest.
(b) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
(c) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
(d) An explanation of the historical event.
12. Who caused the woman's scar?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
13. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
(a) Getting the cars ready to be picked up.
(b) Tracking down blacks who default on their car loans.
(c) Keeping the cars and the car lot safe.
(d) Selling cars to blacks.
14. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
15. How many doctors has the woman seen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
2. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
3. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
4. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
5. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)