|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
(a) Street gangs.
(c) Hired killing.
3. What does Milford admire about Winfield?
(a) His devotion to his neighbor.
(b) His understanding of the scene and actions.
(c) His knowledge of the law.
(d) His style and desire to look proper.
4. What position does Ralston have?
(b) Bank security guard.
5. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
6. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
7. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Noon on Friday.
(b) Saturday at 7.
(c) Mondays at noon.
(d) 7 at Thursday.
8. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
(a) She knows she loves him.
(b) She can leave whenever she wants.
(c) She should give the next sermon.
(d) She can't do better than him.
9. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
(b) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
(c) Why she stays with the man.
(d) Why he won't listen to her.
10. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Drives garbage truck.
(b) Starts a farm.
(c) Becomes a preacher.
(d) Goes to school.
11. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
12. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
(b) Shoe shines.
(d) Fancy cuts.
13. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) An explanation of the historical event.
(b) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
(c) A jitterbbugging contest.
(d) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
14. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
(a) She is mean and carries a gun.
(b) She is a snitch for the police.
(c) She is his aunt's neighbor.
(d) She is Willis's girlfriend.
15. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
(a) From brow to center of the chin.
(b) From ear to ear.
(c) From ear to brow.
(d) From chin to nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
2. What colors does Gweneth wear?
3. After whom are Billy and William named?
4. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
5. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)