|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
(b) That he can change his role.
(c) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(d) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
2. What position does Ralston have?
(d) Bank security guard.
3. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
(a) Hide out for a week and then try again.
(b) Move out of the city and take him with him.
(c) Get protection and adopt a new approach.
(d) Ask Slick to help him and talk to R.V.
4. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Saturday at 7.
(b) 7 at Thursday.
(c) Noon on Friday.
(d) Mondays at noon.
5. Who caused the woman's scar?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
7. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
(b) To show that black men can be educated.
(c) To show her lawyer that he can.
(d) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
8. What does Willis say to R.V.?
(a) I got a problem in community relations.
(b) Curtis sent me.
(c) I need your help.
(d) The Henry Street Gang is going to kill me.
9. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To make fun of Butler.
(b) To listen to the sermon.
(c) To ask for others to leave the church.
(d) To question him.
10. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
(a) An open door in a hotel room.
(b) A big dog.
(c) A purple Cadillac.
(d) A flashing neon light.
11. What has made Mrs. Farragot notorious at Project Gratis?
(a) Refusing to cooperate with the police.
(b) Getting arrested.
(c) Demanding a white lawyer.
(d) Leaving the scene of a crime.
12. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) Bronx connections.
(b) Mrs. Boswell.
(c) His father.
(d) Clarence Buford.
13. To what does the woman compare the scar?
(a) A reminder.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A disfigurement.
(d) A badge of honor.
14. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
(a) Begs William to save him.
(b) Talks to his dead mother.
(c) Stares at William.
(d) Sings and laughs.
15. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
(a) To retire and travel with her.
(b) To go and watch a Tarwell sermon.
(c) To add some excitement to the church.
(d) To lay off the broken record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
2. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
3. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
4. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
5. What does Milford admire about Winfield?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)