|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Billy's enemies feel?
2. What makes Billy appear to strut?
(a) A war wound.
(b) His personality.
(c) A birth defect.
(d) His advice.
3. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
(a) Plantation Negro.
(b) One from the 1800s.
(c) Uneven and ugly.
(d) New age.
4. What part of the scar does the woman hope can be fixed?
(a) The part on her forehead.
(b) All of it.
(c) The part at her chin.
(d) The part around the eye.
5. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
(a) To talk about his mother.
(b) To go across the road and buy him lunch.
(c) To stop talking and give him some gum.
(d) To help him get away from the farm.
6. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
(a) They envy her.
(b) They think they are out for a fall.
(c) They like her more.
(d) They resent her attitude.
7. After whom are Billy and William named?
(a) Paternal grandfather.
(c) Maternal grandfather.
(d) Mother's favorite singer.
8. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
9. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(c) He doesn't know the steps.
(d) He makes to much noise.
10. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) Devil's work.
(c) To expensive to allow a profit.
(d) To modern for him.
11. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He disappear never to return.
(b) He marry the girl.
(c) He feed the baby for 21 years.
(d) He move in with the both of them.
12. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
(a) The gang will find him.
(b) He will have to pay more money to the gang.
(c) Slick will kill him.
(d) He is not welcome in the gang.
13. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(b) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
(c) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
(d) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
14. Who caused the woman's scar?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her brother.
15. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
(b) Explosive technology.
(c) Ways to hurt others.
(d) How to spy on people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
2. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
3. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
4. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
5. What is it rumored that Billy lost fighting a redneck near Limehouse, SC?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)