|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
(c) Shoe shines.
(d) Fancy cuts.
2. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
(a) Women who will treat them right.
(b) To go to church.
(c) To move to a new business.
(d) A good whipping.
3. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
(a) Like a parade on Easter Sunday.
(b) Like a stage.
(c) Like a convention of Italian gangsters.
(d) Like a musical.
4. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
(a) That Mrs. Farragot enjoys drinking bourbon.
(b) That he already knew the outcome of the trial.
(c) That the judge did not like him.
(d) That he knew the officer.
5. For what was Mrs. Farragot arrested?
(a) Hitting an officer.
6. Which of the characters is the group's warlord?
7. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
(a) Talks to the women.
(b) Snoops through people's mail.
8. What was the most important question that the narrator wants to ask?
(a) When did this happen?
(b) What happened to Billy?
(c) Where will you go next?
(d) What is your name?
9. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
10. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
(a) To modern for him.
(b) Devil's work.
(c) To expensive to allow a profit.
(d) A waste of time.
11. What is it rumored that Billy lost fighting a redneck near Limehouse, SC?
(a) His right pinky finger.
(b) His left eye.
(c) His left ear.
(d) His big toe.
12. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
13. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 13 years.
14. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) His father.
(b) Mrs. Boswell.
(c) Bronx connections.
(d) Clarence Buford.
15. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
2. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
3. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
4. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
5. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)