|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does R.V. say supports them?
(a) Church goers.
2. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Goes to school.
(b) Becomes a preacher.
(c) Starts a farm.
(d) Drives garbage truck.
3. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
(a) Mrs. Boswell.
(d) Gloria's husband.
4. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
(b) Why he won't listen to her.
(c) Why she stays with the man.
(d) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
5. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
(a) Allows for racial harmony.
(b) Works to help him stay current.
(c) Shapes their lives.
(d) Helps the community stay together.
6. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
(a) Punches him in the face.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Takes his gun away.
(d) Trips R.V. and causes him to fall.
7. With what does Wilson have an odd fascination?
(a) Farragot's expression.
(b) Milford's silver hair.
(c) Winfield's red handkerchief.
(d) Farragot's earrings.
8. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
(a) A place to work.
(b) A shoe shine.
(c) An Afro.
(d) A sermon.
9. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(d) The narrator.
10. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
(a) He loves dancing and Northern pretentious.
(b) He is abusive and violent.
(c) He throws tantrums.
(d) He spoils the narrator.
11. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To being a business man but never stupid.
(b) To killing but never getting caught.
(c) To being young but never a fool.
(d) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
12. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
(a) Hide out for a week and then try again.
(b) Ask Slick to help him and talk to R.V.
(c) Get protection and adopt a new approach.
(d) Move out of the city and take him with him.
13. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
(a) He hurts Red.
(b) He kills Billy.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He gets stabbed.
14. What does she say about the first doctor?
(a) He refused to touch her.
(b) He stitched her up like a turkey.
(c) He was a plastic surgeon.
(d) He said the stabbing was her fault.
15. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
(a) Nervous and twitching.
(b) Relaxed and confident.
(c) Frightened and tense.
(d) Obnoxious and argumentative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
2. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
3. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
4. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
5. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)