|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
(a) Government worker.
2. What does Milford admire about Winfield?
(a) His knowledge of the law.
(b) His understanding of the scene and actions.
(c) His style and desire to look proper.
(d) His devotion to his neighbor.
3. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Noon on Friday.
(b) 7 at Thursday.
(c) Mondays at noon.
(d) Saturday at 7.
4. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
(d) Inner City.
5. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
6. Who caused the woman's scar?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
7. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
(a) Devil's work.
(b) To modern for him.
(c) To expensive to allow a profit.
(d) A waste of time.
8. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
(a) Gloria's husband.
(c) Mrs. Boswell.
9. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
(a) When they have nothing to lose or give.
(b) When they work for Slick.
(c) When others are watching.
(d) When their hands are hidden under a counter.
10. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
(a) Declare his loyalty.
(b) Kill Slick.
(c) Leave immediately.
(d) Go and find the police.
11. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He gets stabbed.
(c) He hurts Red.
(d) He kills Billy.
12. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
13. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
(a) Community collector.
(d) Relations officer.
14. For what was Mrs. Farragot arrested?
(c) Hitting an officer.
15. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Starts a farm.
(b) Goes to school.
(c) Drives garbage truck.
(d) Becomes a preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Tommy pay for his haircut?
2. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
3. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
5. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)