|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what was Mrs. Farragot arrested?
(d) Hitting an officer.
2. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
(a) While making love.
(b) While running after his child.
(c) While working .
(d) While riding a bike.
3. What was the most important question that the narrator wants to ask?
(a) What happened to Billy?
(b) What is your name?
(c) When did this happen?
(d) Where will you go next?
4. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
5. How do Billy's enemies feel?
6. What part of the scar does the woman hope can be fixed?
(a) All of it.
(b) The part at her chin.
(c) The part around the eye.
(d) The part on her forehead.
7. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
(a) To add some excitement to the church.
(b) To retire and travel with her.
(c) To go and watch a Tarwell sermon.
(d) To lay off the broken record.
8. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
(a) Barber and preacher.
(b) Shoe shiner and bookie.
(c) Preacher and bookie.
(d) Shoe shiner and barber.
9. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(b) He will cry and ruin the show.
(c) He will cause others to be hurt.
(d) He will not show up for the show.
10. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) People who insist on loyalty.
(b) A group of accountants.
(c) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(d) A gang.
11. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To make fun of Butler.
(b) To ask for others to leave the church.
(c) To listen to the sermon.
(d) To question him.
12. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(d) The narrator.
13. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
(a) Shut down the Butler's barbershop.
(b) Shut down Butler's church.
(c) Run all the "Toms" out of town.
(d) Give him his own haircut.
14. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
(a) The gang will find him.
(b) He is not welcome in the gang.
(c) Slick will kill him.
(d) He will have to pay more money to the gang.
15. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
(a) He is kidnapped and held captive for a month.
(b) The owner refuses to serve him.
(c) He holds up the owner of the store.
(d) He dies in a gunfight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
2. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
3. To what does the woman compare the scar?
4. What position does Ralston have?
5. What makes Billy appear to strut?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)