|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
(a) Fix tickets.
(b) Compete in business.
(c) Control other gangs.
(d) Swat flies.
2. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To being a business man but never stupid.
(b) To killing but never getting caught.
(c) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
(d) To being young but never a fool.
3. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
(b) Lots of jewlery.
(c) Fake guns.
(d) Huge belt buckle.
4. How do the congregation members feel about Butler's sermons?
5. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
(a) Helps the community stay together.
(b) Works to help him stay current.
(c) Shapes their lives.
(d) Allows for racial harmony.
6. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That he can change his role.
(b) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(c) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
(d) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
7. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(b) To be sure not to miss anything.
(c) To watch her walk away.
(d) To hear her say "bye y'all."
8. What does she say about the first doctor?
(a) He said the stabbing was her fault.
(b) He refused to touch her.
(c) He was a plastic surgeon.
(d) He stitched her up like a turkey.
9. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
(a) Plantation Negro.
(b) One from the 1800s.
(c) Uneven and ugly.
(d) New age.
10. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
(a) The gang will find him.
(b) He is not welcome in the gang.
(c) Slick will kill him.
(d) He will have to pay more money to the gang.
11. Though the narrator says that he finds companionship wherever he can, he claims he is not what?
(b) A womanizer.
(c) An adulterer.
12. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
(a) He is kidnapped and held captive for a month.
(b) He holds up the owner of the store.
(c) He dies in a gunfight.
(d) The owner refuses to serve him.
13. What is Harper's farm?
(a) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(b) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
(c) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(d) Where Billy hids from the law.
14. Who else does R.V. say supports them?
(c) Church goers.
15. What part of the scar does the woman hope can be fixed?
(a) The part at her chin.
(b) All of it.
(c) The part on her forehead.
(d) The part around the eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
2. How many doctors has the woman seen?
3. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
4. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
5. After whom are Billy and William named?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)