|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why she stays with the man.
(b) Why he won't listen to her.
(c) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
(d) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
2. What makes Billy appear to strut?
(a) A birth defect.
(b) His advice.
(c) A war wound.
(d) His personality.
3. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
(a) They like her more.
(b) They envy her.
(c) They resent her attitude.
(d) They think they are out for a fall.
4. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
(a) He will have to pay more money to the gang.
(b) Slick will kill him.
(c) He is not welcome in the gang.
(d) The gang will find him.
5. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
(a) Kill Slick.
(b) Leave immediately.
(c) Declare his loyalty.
(d) Go and find the police.
6. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
(d) Inner City.
7. For what was Mrs. Farragot arrested?
(b) Hitting an officer.
8. Why does Ray say he is moving to a new parlor?
(a) He cannot stand Butler.
(b) He has a family to support.
(c) He and his family are moving their home.
(d) He wants to try some new cuts.
9. About what do Farragot and Milford hear Wilson reprimand Smothers?
(a) Forgetting to take a blood test.
(b) Not following Procedure.
(c) Takling down to the witness.
(d) Not showing the court respect.
10. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
(a) While working .
(b) While running after his child.
(c) While making love.
(d) While riding a bike.
11. What is Butler's regular complaint?
(a) They still tryin' to starve us out.
(b) Where do we go now.
(c) Nothing good happens here.
(d) No one is gonna help us.
12. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
(a) When they work for Slick.
(b) When their hands are hidden under a counter.
(c) When others are watching.
(d) When they have nothing to lose or give.
13. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He makes to much noise.
(b) He has razors on his shoes.
(c) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(d) He doesn't know the steps.
14. What does she say about the first doctor?
(a) He was a plastic surgeon.
(b) He refused to touch her.
(c) He said the stabbing was her fault.
(d) He stitched her up like a turkey.
15. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
(a) Slick's bar shirt.
(b) Purple beret.
(d) Willis's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
2. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
3. Why does R.V. say they should join forces?
4. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
5. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)