|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who caused the woman's scar?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her boyfriend.
2. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) Jangles and Brooklyn.
(b) Lemon and country music.
(c) Square dancing and spurs.
(d) May poles and laughter.
3. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
(a) To talk about his mother.
(b) To go across the road and buy him lunch.
(c) To stop talking and give him some gum.
(d) To help him get away from the farm.
4. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
(a) To add some excitement to the church.
(b) To go and watch a Tarwell sermon.
(c) To lay off the broken record.
(d) To retire and travel with her.
5. Who else does R.V. say supports them?
(b) Church goers.
6. Why does Ray say he is moving to a new parlor?
(a) He and his family are moving their home.
(b) He cannot stand Butler.
(c) He has a family to support.
(d) He wants to try some new cuts.
7. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
(b) Fancy cuts.
(d) Shoe shines.
8. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
(a) Tracking down blacks who default on their car loans.
(b) Selling cars to blacks.
(c) Getting the cars ready to be picked up.
(d) Keeping the cars and the car lot safe.
9. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
(a) Slick's bar shirt.
(b) Purple beret.
(d) Willis's clothes.
10. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
(a) Takes his gun away.
(b) Trips R.V. and causes him to fall.
(c) Punches him in the face.
(d) Calls the police.
11. What colors does Gweneth wear?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Red and white.
(c) Pink and black.
(d) Black and white.
12. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
(b) Snoops through people's mail.
(d) Talks to the women.
13. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
(a) From chin to nose.
(b) From brow to center of the chin.
(c) From ear to brow.
(d) From ear to ear.
14. Who is the narrator in this story?
(c) Gloria's husband.
(d) Mrs. Boswell.
15. What does Willis say to R.V.?
(a) Curtis sent me.
(b) I need your help.
(c) I got a problem in community relations.
(d) The Henry Street Gang is going to kill me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milford dislike in Mrs. Farragot's apartment?
2. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
3. About what do Farragot and Milford hear Wilson reprimand Smothers?
4. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
5. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)