|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
(b) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(c) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
(d) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
2. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
(a) To move to a new business.
(b) To go to church.
(c) Women who will treat them right.
(d) A good whipping.
3. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
(a) Like a parade on Easter Sunday.
(b) Like a musical.
(c) Like a stage.
(d) Like a convention of Italian gangsters.
4. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To watch her walk away.
(b) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(c) To hear her say "bye y'all."
(d) To be sure not to miss anything.
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
(a) He throws tantrums.
(b) He loves dancing and Northern pretentious.
(c) He is abusive and violent.
(d) He spoils the narrator.
6. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Drives garbage truck.
(b) Starts a farm.
(c) Becomes a preacher.
(d) Goes to school.
7. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
8. What does she say about the first doctor?
(a) He said the stabbing was her fault.
(b) He refused to touch her.
(c) He was a plastic surgeon.
(d) He stitched her up like a turkey.
9. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To ask for others to leave the church.
(b) To make fun of Butler.
(c) To question him.
(d) To listen to the sermon.
10. What is Harper's farm?
(a) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(b) Where Billy hids from the law.
(c) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(d) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
11. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
12. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(c) The narrator.
13. Who is the narrator of this story?
(b) Billy's cousin.
14. Who gets into a dispute with the person who is honking his horn?
15. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Saturday at 7.
(b) Mondays at noon.
(c) Noon on Friday.
(d) 7 at Thursday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Farragot explain to her attorney about Winfield?
2. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
3. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
4. Though the narrator says that he finds companionship wherever he can, he claims he is not what?
5. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)