|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
(a) To talk to Billy.
(b) To make more money from his gambling.
(c) To be around when the nightshift breaks for lunch.
(d) To spy on Red and the woman.
2. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 13 years.
3. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
(a) While working .
(b) While making love.
(c) While riding a bike.
(d) While running after his child.
4. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) Devil's work.
(c) To modern for him.
(d) To expensive to allow a profit.
5. How do the congregation members feel about Butler's sermons?
6. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
7. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To listen to the sermon.
(b) To question him.
(c) To make fun of Butler.
(d) To ask for others to leave the church.
8. About what do Farragot and Milford hear Wilson reprimand Smothers?
(a) Takling down to the witness.
(b) Forgetting to take a blood test.
(c) Not following Procedure.
(d) Not showing the court respect.
9. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will cause others to be hurt.
(b) He will cry and ruin the show.
(c) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(d) He will not show up for the show.
10. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(b) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
(c) That he can change his role.
(d) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
11. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That Leon hurt him.
(b) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(c) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(d) That he cannot dance.
12. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
(a) Because he is a minister.
(b) Because Butler refunded his money.
(c) Because he is too old.
(d) Because he knows Butler doesn't know any better.
13. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
14. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A gang.
(b) People who insist on loyalty.
(c) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(d) A group of accountants.
15. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
(a) Get protection and adopt a new approach.
(b) Ask Slick to help him and talk to R.V.
(c) Hide out for a week and then try again.
(d) Move out of the city and take him with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
2. How many doctors has the woman seen?
3. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
4. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
5. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)