|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Ralston have?
(b) Bank security guard.
2. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
(a) To go to church.
(b) A good whipping.
(c) To move to a new business.
(d) Women who will treat them right.
3. How do Billy's enemies feel?
4. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
(a) Fix tickets.
(b) Control other gangs.
(c) Swat flies.
(d) Compete in business.
5. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
(a) Like a musical.
(b) Like a parade on Easter Sunday.
(c) Like a stage.
(d) Like a convention of Italian gangsters.
6. Who is the narrator in this story?
(a) Mrs. Boswell.
(b) Gloria's husband.
7. Though the narrator says that he finds companionship wherever he can, he claims he is not what?
(b) An adulterer.
(c) A womanizer.
8. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
9. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler as an assistant pastor?
(a) To make Butler feel useful.
(b) So Tarwell can go into politics.
(c) To allow the two congregations to join.
(d) To rejoin the black community.
10. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
(a) He does not want him singing.
(b) He spent a lot of money on his outfit.
(c) He thinks it will help him get over Gweneth.
(d) He is tired of the boy changing his mind.
11. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
12. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
13. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
(a) An Afro.
(b) A place to work.
(c) A sermon.
(d) A shoe shine.
14. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
(a) Obnoxious and argumentative.
(b) Relaxed and confident.
(c) Frightened and tense.
(d) Nervous and twitching.
15. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
(b) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
(c) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
(d) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
2. What does Ella ask God?
3. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
4. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
5. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)