|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willis say to R.V.?
(a) The Henry Street Gang is going to kill me.
(b) Curtis sent me.
(c) I need your help.
(d) I got a problem in community relations.
2. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That Leon hurt him.
(b) That he cannot dance.
(c) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(d) That he would rather be a plaiter.
3. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
4. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To show her lawyer that he can.
(b) To show that black men can be educated.
(c) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
(d) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
5. What does she say about the first doctor?
(a) He was a plastic surgeon.
(b) He stitched her up like a turkey.
(c) He said the stabbing was her fault.
(d) He refused to touch her.
6. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
7. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
(c) Talks to the women.
(d) Snoops through people's mail.
8. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
(a) The female judge.
(b) The fact that she is not allowed to speak yet.
(c) The fact that the white officer is testifying.
(d) Lie detectors and being railroaded.
9. Who else does R.V. say supports them?
(c) Church goers.
10. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(c) The narrator.
11. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He disappear never to return.
(b) He marry the girl.
(c) He move in with the both of them.
(d) He feed the baby for 21 years.
12. How many doctors has the woman seen?
13. How do Billy's enemies feel?
14. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) A jitterbbugging contest.
(b) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
(c) An explanation of the historical event.
(d) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
15. What colors does Gweneth wear?
(a) Pink and black.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Blue and green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
2. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
3. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
4. What makes Billy appear to strut?
5. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)