|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
(b) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
(c) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(d) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
2. Why is Corliss waiting in Mary Farragot's apartment?
(a) For her to come back.
(b) To Open her mail and materials.
(c) To talk to her about her likes and dislikes.
(d) To take notes on her posessions.
3. What makes Billy appear to strut?
(a) A birth defect.
(b) His advice.
(c) His personality.
(d) A war wound.
4. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) Mrs. Boswell.
(b) His father.
(c) Clarence Buford.
(d) Bronx connections.
5. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To being young but never a fool.
(b) To being a business man but never stupid.
(c) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
(d) To killing but never getting caught.
6. What does Willis say to R.V.?
(a) I need your help.
(b) I got a problem in community relations.
(c) The Henry Street Gang is going to kill me.
(d) Curtis sent me.
7. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
(a) Ask Slick to help him and talk to R.V.
(b) Hide out for a week and then try again.
(c) Get protection and adopt a new approach.
(d) Move out of the city and take him with him.
8. What position does Ralston have?
(d) Bank security guard.
9. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
(a) Trips R.V. and causes him to fall.
(b) Punches him in the face.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Takes his gun away.
10. Why does Ray say he is moving to a new parlor?
(a) He wants to try some new cuts.
(b) He has a family to support.
(c) He and his family are moving their home.
(d) He cannot stand Butler.
11. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
12. What does Milford admire about Winfield?
(a) His style and desire to look proper.
(b) His devotion to his neighbor.
(c) His knowledge of the law.
(d) His understanding of the scene and actions.
13. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The nurse.
(c) A patient.
(d) The doctor.
14. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(b) To be sure not to miss anything.
(c) To hear her say "bye y'all."
(d) To watch her walk away.
15. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He move in with the both of them.
(b) He feed the baby for 21 years.
(c) He disappear never to return.
(d) He marry the girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it rumored that Billy lost fighting a redneck near Limehouse, SC?
2. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
3. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
4. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
5. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)