|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Just Enough for the City".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
(a) Government worker.
2. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(b) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(c) That he cannot dance.
(d) That Leon hurt him.
3. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
(b) To show her lawyer that he can.
(c) To show that black men can be educated.
(d) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
4. What does the narrator ask the missionaries to tell him without looking in their Bibles?
(a) How to keep from committing suicide.
(b) What the note must contain.
(c) Where he can find love.
(d) What the purpose of life is.
5. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
(a) Their father being taken away by the police.
(b) Their friends throwing stones at their father's stores.
(c) Realizing their father is a cheat
(d) Watching him being picked on in the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
2. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
3. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
4. What do the Redeemer's friends say about the Bible?
5. What does May Day mean each year?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)