|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Widows and Orphans".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
(a) The female judge.
(b) Lie detectors and being railroaded.
(c) The fact that the white officer is testifying.
(d) The fact that she is not allowed to speak yet.
2. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To show her lawyer that he can.
(b) To show that black men can be educated.
(c) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
(d) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
3. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(d) The audience.
4. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
(a) Swat flies.
(b) Compete in business.
(c) Fix tickets.
(d) Control other gangs.
5. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
(a) She is Willis's girlfriend.
(b) She is mean and carries a gun.
(c) She is a snitch for the police.
(d) She is his aunt's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator in this story?
2. What makes Billy appear to strut?
3. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
4. About what do Farragot and Milford hear Wilson reprimand Smothers?
5. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)