|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Widows and Orphans".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
2. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He doesn't know the steps.
(c) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(d) He makes to much noise.
3. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
(a) A sermon.
(b) An Afro.
(c) A shoe shine.
(d) A place to work.
4. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To listen to the sermon.
(b) To make fun of Butler.
(c) To ask for others to leave the church.
(d) To question him.
5. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
(a) They envy her.
(b) They like her more.
(c) They think they are out for a fall.
(d) They resent her attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
2. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
3. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
4. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
5. What does the speaker say that everything has?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)