|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Widows and Orphans".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
(b) Talks to the women.
(d) Snoops through people's mail.
2. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
(a) She knows she loves him.
(b) She should give the next sermon.
(c) She can leave whenever she wants.
(d) She can't do better than him.
3. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
(a) Her teachings and rules.
(b) His father's rigid beliefs.
(c) Stereotypes of men.
(d) Leon's leadership.
4. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Drives garbage truck.
(b) Starts a farm.
(c) Becomes a preacher.
(d) Goes to school.
5. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
(a) A good whipping.
(b) To move to a new business.
(c) Women who will treat them right.
(d) To go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
2. What position does Ralston have?
3. Where were the students given passports to go?
4. How do the congregation members feel about Butler's sermons?
5. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)