|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Widows and Orphans".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does R.V. say supports them?
(d) Church goers.
2. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
(a) Allows for racial harmony.
(b) Helps the community stay together.
(c) Works to help him stay current.
(d) Shapes their lives.
3. What is Harper's farm?
(a) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
(b) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(c) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(d) Where Billy hids from the law.
4. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
(a) Frightened and tense.
(b) Relaxed and confident.
(c) Nervous and twitching.
(d) Obnoxious and argumentative.
5. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
2. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
3. Which of the following characters seems deeply moved by Farragot's story?
4. How much did Tommy pay for his haircut?
5. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)