|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Widows and Orphans".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
(a) The fact that the white officer is testifying.
(b) The female judge.
(c) The fact that she is not allowed to speak yet.
(d) Lie detectors and being railroaded.
2. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
(a) The food.
(b) The people with whom she has to eat.
(c) The lack of conversation.
(d) The countries visited.
3. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
(a) As if they cannot understand them.
(b) As if they want them to leave fast.
(c) As if they are entertainers.
(d) As if they are crazy.
4. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
(a) Shoe shiner and barber.
(b) Shoe shiner and bookie.
(c) Barber and preacher.
(d) Preacher and bookie.
5. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
(b) To show her lawyer that he can.
(c) To show that black men can be educated.
(d) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
2. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
3. What does the speaker say that everything has?
4. What does Louis keep thinking of as he attends the dinner?
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)