|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Just Enough for the City".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
(b) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
(c) To show her lawyer that he can.
(d) To show that black men can be educated.
2. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
(a) For not sharing in the side work.
(b) For preaching to the customers.
(c) For talking more than working.
(d) For overcharging customers.
3. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
(a) Mondays at noon.
(b) 7 at Thursday.
(c) Saturday at 7.
(d) Noon on Friday.
4. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(b) That he cannot dance.
(c) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(d) That Leon hurt him.
5. Who gets into a dispute with the person who is honking his horn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
2. Why did Clair invite Louis to Los Angeles?
3. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
4. What does the speaker say that everything has?
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)