|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Just Enough for the City".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That he cannot dance.
(b) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(c) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(d) That Leon hurt him.
2. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
(a) To get one swing with Gweneth.
(b) To avoid having to be with Queen Rose.
(c) To trip Leon and teach him a lesson.
(d) To show everyone that he can do what his father says he can't.
3. Why does Mr. G. block unemployment?
(a) To teach his employees a lesson.
(b) To keep people from learning about the side business.
(c) He can save money that way.
(d) He doesn't believe in hand outs.
4. Which of the following characters is the hearing officer?
5. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
(b) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milford admire about Winfield?
2. What does May Day mean each year?
3. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
4. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
5. How much did Tommy pay for his haircut?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)