|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Just Enough for the City".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has made Mrs. Farragot notorious at Project Gratis?
(a) Refusing to cooperate with the police.
(b) Leaving the scene of a crime.
(c) Demanding a white lawyer.
(d) Getting arrested.
2. What does Mrs. Farragot explain to her attorney about Winfield?
(a) That he doesn't like white people.
(b) That he is intimidated by judges.
(c) That he often talks around a point.
(d) That he doesn't know what to say.
3. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) May poles and laughter.
(b) Square dancing and spurs.
(c) Jangles and Brooklyn.
(d) Lemon and country music.
4. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
(a) Their friends throwing stones at their father's stores.
(b) Realizing their father is a cheat
(c) Their father being taken away by the police.
(d) Watching him being picked on in the news.
5. Why does Ray say he is moving to a new parlor?
(a) He wants to try some new cuts.
(b) He has a family to support.
(c) He cannot stand Butler.
(d) He and his family are moving their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
2. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
3. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
4. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
5. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)