|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Just Enough for the City".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Butler's regular complaint?
(a) Nothing good happens here.
(b) Where do we go now.
(c) They still tryin' to starve us out.
(d) No one is gonna help us.
2. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He marry the girl.
(b) He feed the baby for 21 years.
(c) He move in with the both of them.
(d) He disappear never to return.
3. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
(a) His father's rigid beliefs.
(b) Her teachings and rules.
(c) Stereotypes of men.
(d) Leon's leadership.
4. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To be sure not to miss anything.
(b) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(c) To watch her walk away.
(d) To hear her say "bye y'all."
5. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To being young but never a fool.
(b) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
(c) To being a business man but never stupid.
(d) To killing but never getting caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
2. What does Thomas use to sell insurances policies?
3. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
4. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
5. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)