|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Faithful".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
(a) Declare his loyalty.
(b) Go and find the police.
(c) Kill Slick.
(d) Leave immediately.
2. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He makes to much noise.
(c) He doesn't know the steps.
(d) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
3. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
(a) Uneven and ugly.
(b) Plantation Negro.
(c) New age.
(d) One from the 1800s.
5. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
(b) Why he won't listen to her.
(c) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
(d) Why she stays with the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May Day mean each year?
2. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
3. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
4. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
5. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)