|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Faithful".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
(a) The owner refuses to serve him.
(b) He is kidnapped and held captive for a month.
(c) He holds up the owner of the store.
(d) He dies in a gunfight.
2. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(b) He will cause others to be hurt.
(c) He will not show up for the show.
(d) He will cry and ruin the show.
3. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
(b) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(c) That he can change his role.
(d) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
4. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) A jitterbbugging contest.
(b) An explanation of the historical event.
(c) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
(d) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
5. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) May poles and laughter.
(b) Lemon and country music.
(c) Square dancing and spurs.
(d) Jangles and Brooklyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
2. Why does Ray say he is moving to a new parlor?
3. What does Willis say to R.V.?
4. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
5. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)