|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Faithful".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
(a) Getting the cars ready to be picked up.
(b) Selling cars to blacks.
(c) Tracking down blacks who default on their car loans.
(d) Keeping the cars and the car lot safe.
2. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That he can change his role.
(b) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(c) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
(d) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
3. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That he cannot dance.
(b) That Leon hurt him.
(c) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(d) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
4. What two things does Curtis suggest Willis do when he is worried about the Henry Street Guys?
(a) Get protection and adopt a new approach.
(b) Ask Slick to help him and talk to R.V.
(c) Hide out for a week and then try again.
(d) Move out of the city and take him with him.
5. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(b) A group of accountants.
(c) A gang.
(d) People who insist on loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
2. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
3. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
4. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
5. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)