|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Faithful".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
(a) When they work for Slick.
(b) When others are watching.
(c) When they have nothing to lose or give.
(d) When their hands are hidden under a counter.
2. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
(a) He spent a lot of money on his outfit.
(b) He thinks it will help him get over Gweneth.
(c) He is tired of the boy changing his mind.
(d) He does not want him singing.
3. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
(a) Punches him in the face.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Trips R.V. and causes him to fall.
(d) Takes his gun away.
4. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
(a) Works to help him stay current.
(b) Allows for racial harmony.
(c) Shapes their lives.
(d) Helps the community stay together.
5. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
(a) A shoe shine.
(b) A sermon.
(c) A place to work.
(d) An Afro.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the congregation members feel about Butler's sermons?
2. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
3. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
4. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
5. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)