|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Faithful".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To listen to the sermon.
(b) To ask for others to leave the church.
(c) To question him.
(d) To make fun of Butler.
2. What is Harper's farm?
(a) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(b) Where Billy hids from the law.
(c) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(d) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
3. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
(a) New age.
(b) One from the 1800s.
(c) Uneven and ugly.
(d) Plantation Negro.
4. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
(a) Community collector.
(b) Relations officer.
5. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) An explanation of the historical event.
(b) A jitterbbugging contest.
(c) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
(d) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
2. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
4. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
5. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)