|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "I Am an American".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
(a) They envy her.
(b) They resent her attitude.
(c) They like her more.
(d) They think they are out for a fall.
2. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To question him.
(b) To listen to the sermon.
(c) To ask for others to leave the church.
(d) To make fun of Butler.
3. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
(a) Kill Slick.
(b) Go and find the police.
(c) Declare his loyalty.
(d) Leave immediately.
4. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler as an assistant pastor?
(a) To make Butler feel useful.
(b) So Tarwell can go into politics.
(c) To rejoin the black community.
(d) To allow the two congregations to join.
5. Why does Ray say he is moving to a new parlor?
(a) He wants to try some new cuts.
(b) He and his family are moving their home.
(c) He has a family to support.
(d) He cannot stand Butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
2. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
3. Why does R.V. say they should join forces?
4. After whom are Billy and William named?
5. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)