|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "I Am an American".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella ask God?
(a) Why he won't listen to her.
(b) Why she married a man with such a hard head.
(c) Why she stays with the man.
(d) Why he won't give Tarwell a chance.
2. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
(a) Barber and preacher.
(b) Preacher and bookie.
(c) Shoe shiner and barber.
(d) Shoe shiner and bookie.
3. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
(b) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
(c) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(d) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
4. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
(a) Devil's work.
(b) To expensive to allow a profit.
(c) To modern for him.
(d) A waste of time.
5. What does Willis say to R.V.?
(a) I need your help.
(b) I got a problem in community relations.
(c) Curtis sent me.
(d) The Henry Street Gang is going to kill me.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though the narrator says that he finds companionship wherever he can, he claims he is not what?
2. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
3. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
4. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
5. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)