|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Loaf of Bread".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
(a) Declare his loyalty.
(b) Go and find the police.
(c) Leave immediately.
(d) Kill Slick.
2. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A group of accountants.
(b) A gang.
(c) People who insist on loyalty.
(d) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
3. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
(a) To talk to Billy.
(b) To make more money from his gambling.
(c) To be around when the nightshift breaks for lunch.
(d) To spy on Red and the woman.
4. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
(a) He hurts Red.
(b) He kills Billy.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He gets stabbed.
5. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) The news interviewed her.
(b) His children's school is being picketed.
(c) His grocery stores are being sued.
(d) His parents refuse to see him any more.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
2. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
3. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
4. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
5. To what does the woman compare the scar?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)