|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Loaf of Bread".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
(a) A purple Cadillac.
(b) A flashing neon light.
(c) A big dog.
(d) An open door in a hotel room.
2. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
(a) To make more money from his gambling.
(b) To be around when the nightshift breaks for lunch.
(c) To spy on Red and the woman.
(d) To talk to Billy.
3. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) The need to work together for publicity.
(b) Ethics of profit.
(c) Justified realizations.
(d) Race relations.
4. Why does R.V. say they should join forces?
(a) For the greater good.
(b) To ensure everyone is safe.
(c) To get more money.
(d) To take down Slick.
5. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He hurts Red.
(c) He gets stabbed.
(d) He kills Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Billy appear to strut?
2. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
3. How did the narrator indicate he hurt his nose?
4. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
5. Who is the narrator of the story?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)