|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Loaf of Bread".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters is the group's warlord?
2. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
(a) She is his aunt's neighbor.
(b) She is Willis's girlfriend.
(c) She is a snitch for the police.
(d) She is mean and carries a gun.
3. What does Dewey wear to show people he is fearless?
(a) Slick's bar shirt.
(b) Purple beret.
(c) Willis's clothes.
4. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) His grocery stores are being sued.
(b) His children's school is being picketed.
(c) The news interviewed her.
(d) His parents refuse to see him any more.
5. To what does the woman compare the scar?
(a) A reminder.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A badge of honor.
(d) A disfigurement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
2. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
3. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
4. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
5. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)