|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Loaf of Bread".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doctors has the woman seen?
2. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
(a) She is Willis's girlfriend.
(b) She is his aunt's neighbor.
(c) She is mean and carries a gun.
(d) She is a snitch for the police.
3. What does Willis say to R.V.?
(a) The Henry Street Gang is going to kill me.
(b) I need your help.
(c) I got a problem in community relations.
(d) Curtis sent me.
4. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) The news interviewed her.
(b) His children's school is being picketed.
(c) His grocery stores are being sued.
(d) His parents refuse to see him any more.
5. What do the people chant?
(a) Rise and celebrate.
(c) No longer average.
(d) No more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
2. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
3. For what does Nelson claim to be a sucker?
4. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
5. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)