|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Loaf of Bread".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harold say that his prices have to be higher in some stores than others?
(a) Because he needs to make more money.
(b) To help all people achieve equality.
(c) So that he does not go bankrupt.
(d) Because his investments are higher.
2. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
(a) His grocery stores are being sued.
(b) The news interviewed her.
(c) His children's school is being picketed.
(d) His parents refuse to see him any more.
3. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
(a) When others are watching.
(b) When they work for Slick.
(c) When they have nothing to lose or give.
(d) When their hands are hidden under a counter.
4. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
(a) She is Willis's girlfriend.
(b) She is his aunt's neighbor.
(c) She is a snitch for the police.
(d) She is mean and carries a gun.
5. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
(a) He gets stabbed.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He hurts Red.
(d) He kills Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
2. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
3. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
4. When are the pay-ups that R.V. is requesting due?
5. Why does Teddy start logging overtime?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)