Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
2. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
3. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
5. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to halt the test of nuclear weapons? Was it because of environmental, political or moral reasons? Use the text to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Khrushchev tried to blackmail Eisenhower into pulling the NATO troops from West Berlin. Do you think Eisenhower's refusal to comply put the world at risk of a nuclear war? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)