|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the British agree to turn the canal over to after negotiating with Eisenhower?
2. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
3. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
4. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
5. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
2. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
3. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
4. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
5. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
6. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
7. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
8. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
9. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
10. What was significant about Berlin, in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower suffered several heart attacks during his first term. Do you think a president today could be elected with the poor health Eisenhower had when he ran for the second time?
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower was credited for having played both sides against the middle in the fight between Patton and Montgomery. Knowing Eisenhower's past and future tendency to not take sides, do you think Eisenhower pitted them against each other or was simply not capable of making a decision? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)