|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
2. Who announced his intention not to run for President again?
3. What did people have trouble comprehending, according to Eisenhower?
4. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
5. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
2. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
3. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
4. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
5. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
6. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
7. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
8. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
9. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
10. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Eisenhower's first cabinet called "eight millionaires and one plumber"? In an essay, discuss who made up his cabinet and what influence they had on American politics. Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)