|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
2. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
3. What did Eisenhower refuse to do for the French?
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
5. What did Eisenhower refuse to allow to appear before the senate hearing on Communism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
2. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
3. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
5. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
6. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
7. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
8. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
9. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
10. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The U-2 was a spy plane the U.S thought invincible. What effect did the shooting down of the U-2 in the Soviet Union have on Eisenhower and the American people? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower wanted Johnson to end the Vietnam War quickly. Do you think the military background of Eisenhower allowed him to see the situation better than Johnson? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the relationship between MacArthur and Eisenhower sour? Do you think it was their personalities that conflicted or their view on war and command? Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)