|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
2. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
3. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
4. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
5. Who was Eisenhower starting to investigate during the senate hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
2. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
3. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
4. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
5. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
6. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
7. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
8. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
9. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
10. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower was credited for having played both sides against the middle in the fight between Patton and Montgomery. Knowing Eisenhower's past and future tendency to not take sides, do you think Eisenhower pitted them against each other or was simply not capable of making a decision? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower suffered several heart attacks during his first term. Do you think a president today could be elected with the poor health Eisenhower had when he ran for the second time?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Eisenhower tried to avoid having Nixon on the presidential ticket for his second term? Use the text and outside sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)