|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
2. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
3. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
5. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
2. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
3. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
4. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
5. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
6. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
7. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
8. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
9. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
10. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower suffered several heart attacks during his first term. Do you think a president today could be elected with the poor health Eisenhower had when he ran for the second time?
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)