|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
2. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
3. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
4. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
5. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
2. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
3. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
4. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
5. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
6. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
7. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
8. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
9. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
10. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower suffered several heart attacks during his first term. Do you think a president today could be elected with the poor health Eisenhower had when he ran for the second time?
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
McCarthy spearheaded the fight against Communist infiltration. In an essay, analyze the relationship between McCarthy and Eisenhower, using the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)