|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the British agree to turn the canal over to after negotiating with Eisenhower?
2. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
3. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
4. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
5. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
2. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
3. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
4. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
5. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
6. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
7. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
8. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
9. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
10. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower was credited for having played both sides against the middle in the fight between Patton and Montgomery. Knowing Eisenhower's past and future tendency to not take sides, do you think Eisenhower pitted them against each other or was simply not capable of making a decision? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the relationship between MacArthur and Eisenhower sour? Do you think it was their personalities that conflicted or their view on war and command? Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)