|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
2. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
3. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
4. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
5. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant about Berlin, in Chapter 20?
2. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
3. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
4. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
5. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
6. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
7. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
8. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
9. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
10. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Eisenhower proposed open sky reconnaissance to the Soviets? Who would have had the most to gain with the open proposal? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower wanted Johnson to end the Vietnam War quickly. Do you think the military background of Eisenhower allowed him to see the situation better than Johnson? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)