|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
2. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
3. What did Eisenhower fear would happen because of an increase in military spending?
4. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
5. Who did Eisenhower want to sign a treaty with in 1958?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
2. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
3. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
4. In Chapter 15, what did the Supreme Court pass?
5. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
6. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
7. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
8. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
9. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
10. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Suez Canal was considered the last attempt of France and England to assert their power over the U.S and Russia. Why do you think Eisenhower chose to support Egypt when most of the money Egypt spent on modernization was from Russia? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
McCarthy spearheaded the fight against Communist infiltration. In an essay, analyze the relationship between McCarthy and Eisenhower, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)