|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What summit took place in July 1955, according to Chapter 16?
2. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
3. What happened in Russia in late 1957?
4. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
5. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
2. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
3. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
4. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
5. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
6. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
7. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
8. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
9. In Chapter 15, what did the Supreme Court pass?
10. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower was suspicious of the military's demand for increasing it's spending budget. Why do you think Eisenhower refused to give the military financing to grow? Do you think Eisenhower's decision to not give the military as much money as they asked for put the U.S. at risk during his presidency? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to halt the test of nuclear weapons? Was it because of environmental, political or moral reasons? Use the text to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the relationship between MacArthur and Eisenhower sour? Do you think it was their personalities that conflicted or their view on war and command? Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)