|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
2. What did Eisenhower think an armistice was, according to Chapter 13?
3. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
4. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
5. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
2. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
3. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
4. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
5. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
6. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
7. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
8. What was significant about Berlin, in Chapter 20?
9. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
10. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower wanted Johnson to end the Vietnam War quickly. Do you think the military background of Eisenhower allowed him to see the situation better than Johnson? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The civil rights movement and Eisenhower's incapacity to clearly take sides will always remain a dark spot on his legacy. Why do you think Eisenhower took so long to take side on the civil rights movement? Discuss the effects that this ambiguity had on the American people, citing the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)