|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
2. What was France trying to get the U.S. to help with?
3. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
4. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
5. What did Eisenhower think was more important than what the military was asking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
2. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
3. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
4. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
6. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
7. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
8. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
9. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
10. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Eisenhower endorsed Nixon when he tried to have him off the ticket of his second term only a few years prior? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Eisenhower's first cabinet called "eight millionaires and one plumber"? In an essay, discuss who made up his cabinet and what influence they had on American politics. Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to finance their war in Indochina (Vietnam)? Make sure to explore the paradox of Eisenhower's fight in Nazi Germany and later helping France impose their domination over a foreign country. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)