|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
2. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
3. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
5. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
Essay Topic 1
Why did the relationship between MacArthur and Eisenhower sour? Do you think it was their personalities that conflicted or their view on war and command? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
McCarthy spearheaded the fight against Communist infiltration. In an essay, analyze the relationship between McCarthy and Eisenhower, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)