Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
2. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
3. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
5. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
Essay Topic 1
Why did the relationship between MacArthur and Eisenhower sour? Do you think it was their personalities that conflicted or their view on war and command? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Eisenhower's first cabinet called "eight millionaires and one plumber"? In an essay, discuss who made up his cabinet and what influence they had on American politics. Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)