|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
2. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
3. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
4. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
5. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
2. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
3. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
4. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
5. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
6. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
7. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
8. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
9. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
10. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Eisenhower tried to avoid having Nixon on the presidential ticket for his second term? Use the text and outside sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Eisenhower's first cabinet called "eight millionaires and one plumber"? In an essay, discuss who made up his cabinet and what influence they had on American politics. Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower wanted Johnson to end the Vietnam War quickly. Do you think the military background of Eisenhower allowed him to see the situation better than Johnson? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)