|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
2. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
3. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
4. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
5. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
2. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
3. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
4. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
6. What was significant about Berlin, in Chapter 20?
7. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
8. In Chapter 15, what did the Supreme Court pass?
9. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
10. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower wanted Johnson to end the Vietnam War quickly. Do you think the military background of Eisenhower allowed him to see the situation better than Johnson? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower was credited for having played both sides against the middle in the fight between Patton and Montgomery. Knowing Eisenhower's past and future tendency to not take sides, do you think Eisenhower pitted them against each other or was simply not capable of making a decision? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower suffered several heart attacks during his first term. Do you think a president today could be elected with the poor health Eisenhower had when he ran for the second time?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)