Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
2. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
3. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
5. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
Essay Topic 1
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The Suez Canal was considered the last attempt of France and England to assert their power over the U.S and Russia. Why do you think Eisenhower chose to support Egypt when most of the money Egypt spent on modernization was from Russia? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Eisenhower proposed open sky reconnaissance to the Soviets? Who would have had the most to gain with the open proposal? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)