|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
2. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
3. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
4. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
5. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Khrushchev tried to blackmail Eisenhower into pulling the NATO troops from West Berlin. Do you think Eisenhower's refusal to comply put the world at risk of a nuclear war? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)