|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
2. What did Eisenhower think was more important than what the military was asking for?
3. Who announced his intention not to run for President again?
4. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
5. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
Essay Topic 1
Khrushchev tried to blackmail Eisenhower into pulling the NATO troops from West Berlin. Do you think Eisenhower's refusal to comply put the world at risk of a nuclear war? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower was credited for having played both sides against the middle in the fight between Patton and Montgomery. Knowing Eisenhower's past and future tendency to not take sides, do you think Eisenhower pitted them against each other or was simply not capable of making a decision? Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)