|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
2. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
3. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
4. How long did it take for Eisenhower to sign an armistice with the KPA?
5. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
2. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
3. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
4. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
5. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
6. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
7. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
8. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
9. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
10. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Khrushchev tried to blackmail Eisenhower into pulling the NATO troops from West Berlin. Do you think Eisenhower's refusal to comply put the world at risk of a nuclear war? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to halt the test of nuclear weapons? Was it because of environmental, political or moral reasons? Use the text to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower was credited for having played both sides against the middle in the fight between Patton and Montgomery. Knowing Eisenhower's past and future tendency to not take sides, do you think Eisenhower pitted them against each other or was simply not capable of making a decision? Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)