|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
2. Who announced his intention not to run for President again?
3. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
4. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
5. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
2. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
3. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
4. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
6. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
7. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
8. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
9. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
10. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
How did the American public react to the death of Eisenhower? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)