|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
2. What did Eisenhower refuse to do, despite Khrushchev's ultimatum?
3. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
4. What summit took place in July 1955, according to Chapter 16?
5. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to halt the test of nuclear weapons? Was it because of environmental, political or moral reasons? Use the text to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower tried to avoid having Nixon on the presidential ticket for his second term? Use the text and outside sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The Suez Canal was considered the last attempt of France and England to assert their power over the U.S and Russia. Why do you think Eisenhower chose to support Egypt when most of the money Egypt spent on modernization was from Russia? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)