|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Iranian oil did the U.S. secure after the involvement of the CIA?
2. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
3. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
4. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
5. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
2. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
3. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
4. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
6. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
7. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
8. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
9. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
10. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower was suspicious of the military's demand for increasing it's spending budget. Why do you think Eisenhower refused to give the military financing to grow? Do you think Eisenhower's decision to not give the military as much money as they asked for put the U.S. at risk during his presidency? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Eisenhower tried to avoid having Nixon on the presidential ticket for his second term? Use the text and outside sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)