|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
2. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
3. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
4. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
5. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
2. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
3. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
4. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
5. What happened for Eisenhower after the war, according to Chapter 8?
6. What happened on June 6, 1944?
7. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
8. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
9. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
10. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Eisenhower tried to avoid having Nixon on the presidential ticket for his second term? Use the text and outside sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
McCarthy spearheaded the fight against Communist infiltration. In an essay, analyze the relationship between McCarthy and Eisenhower, using the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)