|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
2. Where did the Allies land in France?
3. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
4. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
5. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
2. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
3. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
4. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
5. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
6. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
7. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
8. What happened at the Battle at Kasserine, and why was it significant?
9. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
10. What did Eisenhower recognize about the British in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to finance their war in Indochina (Vietnam)? Make sure to explore the paradox of Eisenhower's fight in Nazi Germany and later helping France impose their domination over a foreign country. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower endorsed Nixon when he tried to have him off the ticket of his second term only a few years prior? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Khrushchev tried to blackmail Eisenhower into pulling the NATO troops from West Berlin. Do you think Eisenhower's refusal to comply put the world at risk of a nuclear war? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)