Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
2. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
3. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
4. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
5. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
2. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
3. What happened on June 6, 1944?
4. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
6. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
7. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
8. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
9. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
10. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
Essay Topic 1
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
McCarthy spearheaded the fight against Communist infiltration. In an essay, analyze the relationship between McCarthy and Eisenhower, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower was suspicious of the military's demand for increasing it's spending budget. Why do you think Eisenhower refused to give the military financing to grow? Do you think Eisenhower's decision to not give the military as much money as they asked for put the U.S. at risk during his presidency? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)