|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
2. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
3. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
4. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
5. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
2. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
3. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
4. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
5. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
6. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
7. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
8. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
9. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
10. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The U-2 was a spy plane the U.S thought invincible. What effect did the shooting down of the U-2 in the Soviet Union have on Eisenhower and the American people? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
McCarthy spearheaded the fight against Communist infiltration. In an essay, analyze the relationship between McCarthy and Eisenhower, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower suffered several heart attacks during his first term. Do you think a president today could be elected with the poor health Eisenhower had when he ran for the second time?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)