|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did World War I end?
2. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
3. What was Eisenhower called by those who wanted him to run for President?
4. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
5. Who did Eisenhower trust too much, according to Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
2. What happened on June 6, 1944?
3. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
4. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
5. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
6. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
7. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
8. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
9. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
10. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did the relationship between MacArthur and Eisenhower sour? Do you think it was their personalities that conflicted or their view on war and command? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
How did the American public react to the death of Eisenhower? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)