Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
2. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
3. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
4. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
5. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
2. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
3. What happened on June 6, 1944?
4. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
6. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
7. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
8. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
9. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
10. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
The U-2 was a spy plane the U.S thought invincible. What effect did the shooting down of the U-2 in the Soviet Union have on Eisenhower and the American people? Use the text to support your discussion.
The Suez Canal was considered the last attempt of France and England to assert their power over the U.S and Russia. Why do you think Eisenhower chose to support Egypt when most of the money Egypt spent on modernization was from Russia? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)