|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
2. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
3. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
4. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
5. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
2. What happened for Eisenhower after the war, according to Chapter 8?
3. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
4. What did Eisenhower recognize about the British in Chapter 5?
5. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
6. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
7. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
8. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
9. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
10. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to halt the test of nuclear weapons? Was it because of environmental, political or moral reasons? Use the text to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)