|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
2. Who did Eisenhower talk about the importance of NATO with?
3. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
4. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
5. How did Eisenhower react to President Truman's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
2. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
4. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
5. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
6. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
7. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
8. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
9. What happened on June 6, 1944?
10. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Suez Canal was considered the last attempt of France and England to assert their power over the U.S and Russia. Why do you think Eisenhower chose to support Egypt when most of the money Egypt spent on modernization was from Russia? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower was credited for having played both sides against the middle in the fight between Patton and Montgomery. Knowing Eisenhower's past and future tendency to not take sides, do you think Eisenhower pitted them against each other or was simply not capable of making a decision? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, discuss why Truman went from pushing Eisenhower to run for president to not thinking he was worth it by discussing party politics. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)