|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
2. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
3. Who did Eisenhower trust too much, according to Chapter 7?
4. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
5. Who did Eisenhower make a deal with over North Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
2. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
3. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
4. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
5. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
6. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
7. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
8. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
9. What happened on June 6, 1944?
10. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
Essay Topic 1
The civil rights movement and Eisenhower's incapacity to clearly take sides will always remain a dark spot on his legacy. Why do you think Eisenhower took so long to take side on the civil rights movement? Discuss the effects that this ambiguity had on the American people, citing the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why did the relationship between MacArthur and Eisenhower sour? Do you think it was their personalities that conflicted or their view on war and command? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
How did the American public react to the death of Eisenhower? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)