|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
2. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
3. What postponed the invasion of France for several days?
4. What was Eisenhower's main non-academic interest while in college?
5. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
2. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
3. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
4. What happened at the Battle at Kasserine, and why was it significant?
5. What affected the Allied forces in Chapter 7, and how did this impact Eisenhower?
6. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
7. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
8. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
9. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
10. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Eisenhower endorsed Nixon when he tried to have him off the ticket of his second term only a few years prior? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to halt the test of nuclear weapons? Was it because of environmental, political or moral reasons? Use the text to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)