|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
2. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
3. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
4. How was Eisenhower's decision to allow the Bolsheviks to capture the city judged?
5. What postponed the invasion of France for several days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower recognize about the British in Chapter 5?
2. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
3. What opportunity did Truman present to Eisenhower, in Chapter 9?
4. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
5. What happened at the Battle at Kasserine, and why was it significant?
6. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
7. What affected the Allied forces in Chapter 7, and how did this impact Eisenhower?
8. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
9. Who did Eisenhower meet in Chapter 2, and what role did he play in Eisenhower's life?
10. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Eisenhower was suspicious of the military's demand for increasing it's spending budget. Why do you think Eisenhower refused to give the military financing to grow? Do you think Eisenhower's decision to not give the military as much money as they asked for put the U.S. at risk during his presidency? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Khrushchev tried to blackmail Eisenhower into pulling the NATO troops from West Berlin. Do you think Eisenhower's refusal to comply put the world at risk of a nuclear war? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)