|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
2. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
3. What postponed the invasion of France for several days?
4. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
5. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
2. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
3. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
4. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
5. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
6. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
7. What happened at the Battle at Kasserine, and why was it significant?
8. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
9. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
10. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why did the relationship between MacArthur and Eisenhower sour? Do you think it was their personalities that conflicted or their view on war and command? Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to finance their war in Indochina (Vietnam)? Make sure to explore the paradox of Eisenhower's fight in Nazi Germany and later helping France impose their domination over a foreign country. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)