|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
2. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
3. What was Eisenhower trying to have both sides of the crisis he faced during his first term think?
4. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
5. What was burned at one point of Eisenhower's first term?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
2. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
3. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
4. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
5. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
6. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
7. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
8. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
9. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
10. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower did not clearly endorse Nixon during his first run for president in 1960. Why do you think Eisenhower did not make his views of Nixon clear? Do you think Eisenhower not endorsing Nixon cost Nixon the election? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower tried to avoid having Nixon on the presidential ticket for his second term? Use the text and outside sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Eisenhower agreed to finance their war in Indochina (Vietnam)? Make sure to explore the paradox of Eisenhower's fight in Nazi Germany and later helping France impose their domination over a foreign country. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)