|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
2. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
3. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
4. What was Eisenhower called by those who wanted him to run for President?
5. Who was Eisenhower introduced to at the start of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
2. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
3. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
4. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
6. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
7. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
8. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
9. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
10. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Eisenhower proposed open sky reconnaissance to the Soviets? Who would have had the most to gain with the open proposal? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Khrushchev tried to blackmail Eisenhower into pulling the NATO troops from West Berlin. Do you think Eisenhower's refusal to comply put the world at risk of a nuclear war? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The arms race between Russia and the U.S started in the years following World War II. Why do you think both sides decided to produce both nuclear and conventional weapons? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)