|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
2. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
3. What was Eisenhower's main non-academic interest while in college?
4. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
5. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
2. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
3. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
4. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
5. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
6. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
7. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
8. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
9. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
10. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eisenhower suffered several heart attacks during his first term. Do you think a president today could be elected with the poor health Eisenhower had when he ran for the second time?
Essay Topic 2
McCarthy spearheaded the fight against Communist infiltration. In an essay, analyze the relationship between McCarthy and Eisenhower, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Why was Eisenhower's first cabinet called "eight millionaires and one plumber"? In an essay, discuss who made up his cabinet and what influence they had on American politics. Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)