|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
2. Who worked to have Eisenhower's son, John, come back for his father's inauguration?
3. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
5. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
2. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
4. What did Eisenhower recognize about the British in Chapter 5?
5. What affected the Allied forces in Chapter 7, and how did this impact Eisenhower?
6. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
7. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
8. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
9. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
10. What opportunity did Truman present to Eisenhower, in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
McCarthy spearheaded the fight against Communist infiltration. In an essay, analyze the relationship between McCarthy and Eisenhower, using the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Eisenhower proposed open sky reconnaissance to the Soviets? Who would have had the most to gain with the open proposal? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The Suez Canal was considered the last attempt of France and England to assert their power over the U.S and Russia. Why do you think Eisenhower chose to support Egypt when most of the money Egypt spent on modernization was from Russia? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)