|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
(a) He tried to trick the Soviets into surrendering.
(b) He tried to maintain peace.
(c) He planned for a first strike.
(d) He groomed his replacement.
2. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
(a) A summit in London.
(b) A summit in Ankara.
(c) A summit in Paris.
(d) A summit in Berlin.
3. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(b) They rebuilt the school.
(c) They installed an all white security.
(d) They reopened the school as segregated.
4. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
(a) The Soyouz Appolo missions.
(b) Atoms for Peace.
(c) Improve U.S. ballistic missiles.
(d) An international peace treaty.
5. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
(a) He tried to mount Kennedy against Eisenhower.
(b) He refused.
(c) He accepted.
(d) He stalled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
2. What was France trying to get the U.S. to help with?
3. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
4. What simple things did Eisenhower need to relearn?
5. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
2. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
3. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
4. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
5. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
6. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
7. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
8. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
9. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
10. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)