|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
(a) Open air skies to allow reconnaissance missions.
(b) Information on German war prisoners.
(c) An exchange of prisoners.
(d) Information on the whereabouts of Oppenheimer.
2. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
(a) Run for President.
(b) Abandon politics.
(c) Give the money he stole back.
(d) Take himself off the 1956 ticket.
3. How long did it take for Eisenhower to sign an armistice with the KPA?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
5. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
(a) A resort in Florida.
(b) The family's Gettysburg farm.
(d) A house in Seattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
2. What did Eisenhower discover quickly after the start of the summit?
3. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
4. Who did Eisenhower want to sign a treaty with in 1958?
5. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
2. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
3. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
4. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
5. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
6. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
7. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
8. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
9. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
10. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)