|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eisenhower starting to investigate during the senate hearing?
(b) Military doctors.
(c) Military scientists.
2. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
3. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
(a) They could not beat Nixon.
(b) They did not know the Russians like he did.
(c) They could use the atom bomb too easily.
(d) They were not smart enough to be president.
4. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
(a) To lift him to a sitting position.
(b) To close his eyes.
(c) To leave the room.
(d) To scatter his ashes at sea.
5. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
(a) If the U.S. military could win in Germany.
(b) If he could beat the Russians with a pre-emptive strike.
(c) If the Soviets knew about the U-2 flights.
(d) If he should run for president in 1956.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Iranian oil did the U.S. secure after the involvement of the CIA?
2. How long did Eisenhower take to recuperate, physically?
3. Who did Eisenhower want to sign a treaty with in 1958?
4. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
5. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what did the Supreme Court pass?
2. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
3. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
4. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
5. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
6. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
7. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
8. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
9. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
10. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)