|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
2. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
(a) They did not trust them.
(b) They were inconsequential.
(c) They were pure.
(d) They were hidden.
3. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
4. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
(a) The race to the moon.
(b) The Russian space program.
(c) The arms race with the Russians.
(d) The Vietnam war.
5. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
(a) His son and grandson.
(b) President Nixon and his wife.
(c) His wife, son and grandson.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
2. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
3. How long did it take for Eisenhower to sign an armistice with the KPA?
4. Who did the British agree to turn the canal over to after negotiating with Eisenhower?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
2. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
3. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
4. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
5. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
6. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
7. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
8. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
9. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
10. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)