|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
(a) St. Marie.
(b) Ronald Regan Hospital.
(c) Walter Reed Hospital.
(d) St. Sulpice.
2. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
3. What did Eisenhower think an armistice was, according to Chapter 13?
(a) A way to stall.
(b) A defeat.
(c) A way to save face.
(d) A victory.
4. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
(a) They closed Central High School.
(b) They fought in court.
(c) They accepted the current situation.
(d) They burned the school.
5. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
(a) As a reason to consider resignation.
(b) As a personal shame.
(c) As a defeat.
(d) As one of his proudest achievements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
2. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
3. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
4. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
5. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
2. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
3. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
4. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
5. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
6. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
7. What was significant about Berlin, in Chapter 20?
8. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
9. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
10. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)