|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower fear would happen because of an increase in military spending?
(a) U.S.A. would have no choice but to attack Russia.
(b) U.S.A. would bankrupt itself.
(c) The military would not be capable of effectively fighting.
(d) The military would take control of the government.
2. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
3. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) Eisenhower's will to continue being President.
(b) The plans for the H bomb.
(c) All traces of Oppenheimer.
(d) McCarthy's credibility.
4. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Numbness on one side.
(b) Difficulty walking.
(c) Reversal of syllables in long words.
(d) Not able to feel his hand.
5. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Poutin stopped the conference.
(b) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
(c) Khrushchev accepted the request.
(d) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
2. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
3. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
4. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
5. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
2. In Chapter 15, what did the Supreme Court pass?
3. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
4. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
5. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
6. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
7. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
8. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
9. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
10. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)