|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
(a) Take himself off the 1956 ticket.
(b) Abandon politics.
(c) Run for President.
(d) Give the money he stole back.
2. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
(a) As a reason to consider resignation.
(b) As a personal shame.
(c) As a defeat.
(d) As one of his proudest achievements.
3. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
(a) His son and grandson.
(b) President Nixon and his wife.
(c) His wife, son and grandson.
(d) His wife.
4. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
5. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
(a) They burned the school.
(b) They closed Central High School.
(c) They fought in court.
(d) They accepted the current situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
2. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
3. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
4. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
5. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
2. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
3. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
4. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
5. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
6. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
7. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
8. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
9. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
10. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)