|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(a) Atomic weapons.
2. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
(a) To block African American access to the school.
(b) To prevent a federal court from meeting.
(c) To prevent a lynch mob from killing.
(d) To allow African Americans access to the school.
3. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
(a) They were not smart enough to be president.
(b) They could use the atom bomb too easily.
(c) They could not beat Nixon.
(d) They did not know the Russians like he did.
4. How long did Eisenhower take to recuperate, physically?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
5. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
(a) St. Sulpice.
(b) St. Marie.
(c) Walter Reed Hospital.
(d) Ronald Regan Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
2. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
3. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
4. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
5. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
2. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
3. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
4. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
5. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
6. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
7. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
8. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
9. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
10. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)