|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
(a) He groomed his replacement.
(b) He tried to maintain peace.
(c) He tried to trick the Soviets into surrendering.
(d) He planned for a first strike.
2. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Not able to feel his hand.
(b) Difficulty walking.
(c) Numbness on one side.
(d) Reversal of syllables in long words.
3. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
(a) Invade Iran.
(b) Oust Mossadegh and return the shah to power.
(c) Take the main port to pressure the Shah.
(d) Give Iran weapons to fight its insurgency.
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) Army personnel.
(b) School teachers.
5. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
2. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
3. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
4. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)