|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Eisenhower take to recuperate, physically?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 months.
2. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
(a) They could use the atom bomb too easily.
(b) They were not smart enough to be president.
(c) They did not know the Russians like he did.
(d) They could not beat Nixon.
3. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
(a) An exchange of prisoners.
(b) Information on German war prisoners.
(c) Information on the whereabouts of Oppenheimer.
(d) Open air skies to allow reconnaissance missions.
4. What did Eisenhower fear would happen because of an increase in military spending?
(a) U.S.A. would have no choice but to attack Russia.
(b) The military would not be capable of effectively fighting.
(c) U.S.A. would bankrupt itself.
(d) The military would take control of the government.
5. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
(a) The right to segregation.
(b) Supreme Court Ruling.
(c) A state court ruling.
(d) The right to lynching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower refuse to do, despite Khrushchev's ultimatum?
2. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
3. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
4. What did Eisenhower think was more important than what the military was asking for?
5. What situation required Eisenhower's attention during his 1956 campaign?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)