|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
(a) As a personal shame.
(b) As one of his proudest achievements.
(c) As a reason to consider resignation.
(d) As a defeat.
2. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
(a) To block African American access to the school.
(b) To prevent a lynch mob from killing.
(c) To prevent a federal court from meeting.
(d) To allow African Americans access to the school.
3. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
(a) A house in Seattle.
(c) A resort in Florida.
(d) The family's Gettysburg farm.
4. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
(a) Because since 1941 they had been done for him.
(b) His strokes.
(d) His laziness.
5. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
(a) They accepted the current situation.
(b) They fought in court.
(c) They closed Central High School.
(d) They burned the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
2. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
3. What did people have trouble comprehending, according to Eisenhower?
4. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
2. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
3. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
4. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
5. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
6. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
7. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
8. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
9. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
10. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)