|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
2. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
3. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
4. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
(a) He tried to trick the Soviets into surrendering.
(b) He tried to maintain peace.
(c) He groomed his replacement.
(d) He planned for a first strike.
5. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
(b) School teachers.
(c) Army personnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
2. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
3. What did Eisenhower refuse to do for the French?
4. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
5. What did Eisenhower promise the American people in 1951 if he was elected, according to Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
2. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
3. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
4. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
5. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
6. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
7. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
8. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
9. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
10. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)