|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
(a) The right to segregation.
(b) Supreme Court Ruling.
(c) A state court ruling.
(d) The right to lynching.
2. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
(a) His son and grandson.
(b) His wife, son and grandson.
(c) President Nixon and his wife.
(d) His wife.
3. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(b) They installed an all white security.
(c) They reopened the school as segregated.
(d) They rebuilt the school.
4. What simple things did Eisenhower need to relearn?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Not barking orders.
(c) Not asking for the impossible.
(d) Dialing a phone and typing.
5. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
(a) If he should run for president in 1956.
(b) If he could beat the Russians with a pre-emptive strike.
(c) If the Soviets knew about the U-2 flights.
(d) If the U.S. military could win in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
2. What did the Soviets think of Eisenhower's proposal, according to Chapter 13?
3. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
4. What summit took place in July 1955, according to Chapter 16?
5. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)