|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
(b) Poutin stopped the conference.
(c) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
(d) Khrushchev accepted the request.
2. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
(a) 750 million.
(b) 34 million.
(c) 2 billion.
(d) 1 billion.
3. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
(a) To build more tanks.
(b) To make more atomic weapons.
(c) To build a carrier fleet.
(d) To build more rockets.
4. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
(a) He stalled.
(b) He accepted.
(c) He tried to mount Kennedy against Eisenhower.
(d) He refused.
5. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(a) The prisoner of war problem.
(c) The nuclear testing problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
2. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
3. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
4. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
5. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
2. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
3. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
4. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
5. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
6. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
7. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
8. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
9. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
10. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)