|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
(a) Open air skies to allow reconnaissance missions.
(b) Information on the whereabouts of Oppenheimer.
(c) Information on German war prisoners.
(d) An exchange of prisoners.
2. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
3. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
4. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
5. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
2. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
3. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
4. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
5. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
2. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
3. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
4. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
5. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
6. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
7. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
8. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
9. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
10. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)