|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
(a) They closed Central High School.
(b) They accepted the current situation.
(c) They fought in court.
(d) They burned the school.
2. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(a) The nuclear testing problem.
(d) The prisoner of war problem.
3. How long did Eisenhower take to recuperate, physically?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They installed an all white security.
(b) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(c) They rebuilt the school.
(d) They reopened the school as segregated.
5. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
(a) A summit in Paris.
(b) A summit in London.
(c) A summit in Berlin.
(d) A summit in Ankara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
2. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
3. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
4. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
5. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
2. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
3. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
4. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
5. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
6. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
7. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
8. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
9. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
10. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)