|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
(a) Have an ambassador position.
(b) Try to undermine Nixon.
(c) Run for President again.
2. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
(a) The next President would have to be strong.
(b) Peace would not be the next President's main focus.
(c) The next President could not hesitate to launch the missiles.
(d) The next President could not be Communist.
3. Who called the National Guard in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) The Arkansas board of education.
(b) Governor Fabus.
(c) The state senate.
(d) A black student.
4. What situation required Eisenhower's attention during his 1956 campaign?
(a) The invasion of Aifa.
(b) Mer el Kebir.
(c) The Suez Canal crisis.
(d) The Yom Kippur War.
5. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
2. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
3. What did Eisenhower discover quickly after the start of the summit?
4. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
5. Who announced his intention not to run for President again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
2. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
3. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
4. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
5. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
6. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
7. What was significant about Berlin, in Chapter 20?
8. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
9. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
10. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)