|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jumped in the Presidential race of 1969?
2. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(a) The prisoner of war problem.
(c) The nuclear testing problem.
3. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
(a) Invade Iran.
(b) Take the main port to pressure the Shah.
(c) Give Iran weapons to fight its insurgency.
(d) Oust Mossadegh and return the shah to power.
4. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
(b) Continuing the war.
(c) A victory.
(d) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
2. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
3. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
4. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
5. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the canal and Eisenhower on the same day?
2. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
3. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
4. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
5. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
6. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
7. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
8. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
9. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
10. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)