|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eisenhower starting to investigate during the senate hearing?
(a) Military scientists.
(b) Military doctors.
2. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
(a) 750 million.
(b) 2 billion.
(c) 34 million.
(d) 1 billion.
3. Who called the National Guard in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) The Arkansas board of education.
(b) A black student.
(c) The state senate.
(d) Governor Fabus.
4. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
5. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Numbness on one side.
(b) Difficulty walking.
(c) Reversal of syllables in long words.
(d) Not able to feel his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
2. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
3. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
4. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
5. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
2. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
3. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
4. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
5. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
6. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
7. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
8. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
9. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
10. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)