|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
(a) 2 billion.
(b) 750 million.
(c) 34 million.
(d) 1 billion.
2. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He refused to get involved.
(b) He refused to endorse him.
(c) He endorsed his opponent.
(d) He fully endorsed him.
3. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
(a) The arms race with the Russians.
(b) The race to the moon.
(c) The Russian space program.
(d) The Vietnam war.
4. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
(b) A house in Seattle.
(c) A resort in Florida.
(d) The family's Gettysburg farm.
5. What did the Soviets think of Eisenhower's proposal, according to Chapter 13?
(a) They rejected it.
(b) The accepted it.
(c) They studied it.
(d) They made a counter proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
2. What happened in Russia in late 1957?
3. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
4. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
5. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
2. How did Eisenhower approach the arms race, in Chapter 13?
3. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
4. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
5. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
6. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
7. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
8. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
9. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
10. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)