|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
(a) His strokes.
(c) Because since 1941 they had been done for him.
(d) His laziness.
2. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That they did trust each other.
(b) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(c) That France was a loose canon.
(d) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
3. What did Eisenhower refuse to do, despite Khrushchev's ultimatum?
(a) Remove NATO troops from West Berlin.
(b) Remove its nuclear missiles from Turkey.
(c) Decommission its nuclear submarine.
(d) Decommission half of its bomber fleet.
4. Who did Eisenhower want to sign a treaty with in 1958?
(b) West Germany.
(c) East Germany.
5. How much of the Iranian oil did the U.S. secure after the involvement of the CIA?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
2. What happened in Russia in late 1957?
3. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
4. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
5. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
2. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
3. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
4. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
5. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
6. What did Eisenhower do from his hospital room after another heart attack?
7. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
8. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
9. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
10. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)