|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
2. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
(a) Do not trust Nixon.
(b) To disband NASA.
(c) End the Vietnam War as quickly as possible.
(d) To not put too much money in the Apollo programs.
3. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
(a) To block African American access to the school.
(b) To allow African Americans access to the school.
(c) To prevent a lynch mob from killing.
(d) To prevent a federal court from meeting.
4. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
(a) Hiring Communists for positions of public service.
(b) Building more nuclear missiles.
(c) Trying to disgrace McCarthy.
(d) Ridding government offices of Communists.
5. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
2. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
3. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
4. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
5. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
2. What happened between Eisenhower, the British, and the French, according to Chapter 17?
3. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
4. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
5. Who was with Eisenhower when he passed away?
6. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
7. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
8. How did Eisenhower react to the bill passed by the Supreme Court?
9. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
10. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)