|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(b) That they did trust each other.
(c) That France was a loose canon.
(d) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
2. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
(a) They accepted the current situation.
(b) They closed Central High School.
(c) They fought in court.
(d) They burned the school.
3. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) McCarthy's credibility.
(b) Eisenhower's will to continue being President.
(c) All traces of Oppenheimer.
(d) The plans for the H bomb.
4. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
(a) Oppenheimer did his best.
(b) Oppenheimer sold secrets to the Russians.
(c) Oppenheimer hid the results of the project.
(d) Oppenheimer stalled its development.
5. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
(a) Peace would not be the next President's main focus.
(b) The next President could not hesitate to launch the missiles.
(c) The next President would have to be strong.
(d) The next President could not be Communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
2. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
3. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
4. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
5. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
2. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
3. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
4. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
5. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
6. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
7. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
8. What happened about the Supreme Court ruling, in Chapter 16?
9. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
10. What was significant about Berlin, in Chapter 20?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)