|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
(a) St. Marie.
(b) St. Sulpice.
(c) Ronald Regan Hospital.
(d) Walter Reed Hospital.
2. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) A victory.
(b) Continuing the war.
(c) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
(d) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
3. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
4. What was Eisenhower's reaction to the Soviet's answer to his proposal?
(a) He was disappointed.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He was still hopeful.
(d) He was not surprised.
5. What did Eisenhower think an armistice was, according to Chapter 13?
(a) A way to stall.
(b) A defeat.
(c) A way to save face.
(d) A victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
2. How long did it take for Eisenhower to sign an armistice with the KPA?
3. What did Eisenhower think of a nuclear exchange with the USSR?
4. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
5. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
2. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
3. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
5. What happened between Eisenhower and the French?
6. What happened in September 1957 through September 1958?
7. What happened in September 1955 and what did Eisenhower reconsider?
8. In Chapter 15, what did the Supreme Court pass?
9. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
10. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)