|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
(a) Change his pick for Vice President.
(b) Support his running mate.
(c) Drop out of the race.
(d) Talk to the press before making any decisions.
2. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
(a) David and Sophie.
(b) Mark and Sophie.
(c) John and Ida.
(d) David and Ida.
3. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A strong military presence in Germany.
(b) A fleet of 12 aircraft carriers.
(c) Peace with the Soviet Union.
(d) A good relationship with the French.
4. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
(a) British lower grade equipment.
(b) Patton's arrogance.
(c) British resistance to following his orders.
(d) Problems with the supply lines.
5. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
(a) Spring 1952.
(b) Spring 1951.
(c) October 1951.
(d) Fall 1952.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
2. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
3. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
4. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
5. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
2. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
3. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
4. What opportunity did Truman present to Eisenhower, in Chapter 9?
5. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
6. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
7. What happened on June 6, 1944?
8. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
9. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
10. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)