|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a public apology.
(b) After a public speech.
(c) After a private meeting.
(d) After reading polls.
2. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
(a) St. Petersburg.
3. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) January 17, 1945.
(b) August 24, 1944.
(c) June 7, 1944.
(d) June 6, 1944.
4. What was Eisenhower's main non-academic interest while in college?
5. What was Eisenhower trying to have both sides of the crisis he faced during his first term think?
(a) That he preferred McCarthy.
(b) That he wanted them to settle it in the senate.
(c) That he was on their side.
(d) That he didn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
2. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
3. What political party was Truman a member of?
4. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
5. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
2. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
3. What happened for Eisenhower after the war, according to Chapter 8?
4. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
5. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
6. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
7. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
8. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
9. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
10. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)