|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose troop does Chapter 5 say did not advance as far as expected?
(b) The Free French.
2. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
(a) Staff Sergeant.
(b) Supreme Commander of the Allied forces.
(d) Supreme General.
3. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
(a) The Democrats could not be allowed to win.
(b) Only he could stop the war in Korea.
(c) Only he could understand Stalin.
(d) There was no Republican ready to handle the situation of the country.
4. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A strong military presence in Germany.
(b) Peace with the Soviet Union.
(c) A fleet of 12 aircraft carriers.
(d) A good relationship with the French.
5. What school did Eisenhower attend after high school?
(a) West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
2. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
3. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
4. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
5. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
2. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
3. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
4. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
5. What happened on June 6, 1944?
6. What affected the Allied forces in Chapter 7, and how did this impact Eisenhower?
7. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
8. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
9. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
10. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)