|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
2. Who worked to have Eisenhower's son, John, come back for his father's inauguration?
(a) The Chief of Staff of President Truman.
(c) Eisenhower himself.
(d) President Truman.
3. Who did Eisenhower hesitate to pull back during the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
(a) He delegated its calculation to Joe Fox.
(b) He increased it.
(c) He cut it.
(d) He tried to keep it the same.
5. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
(a) Make peace with Stalin.
(b) Run for President.
(c) Win the Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
2. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
3. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
4. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
5. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
2. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
3. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
4. What opportunity did Truman present to Eisenhower, in Chapter 9?
5. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
6. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
7. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
8. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
9. Who did Eisenhower meet in Chapter 2, and what role did he play in Eisenhower's life?
10. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)