Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
(a) Only he could stop the war in Korea.
(b) The Democrats could not be allowed to win.
(c) Only he could understand Stalin.
(d) There was no Republican ready to handle the situation of the country.
2. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
(a) He started drinking.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He favored Patton over Montgomery.
(d) An affair with his driver.
3. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
(a) Army central command in Washington.
(b) Fort Sam Houston.
(c) The Philippines.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
4. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Manuel Guzman.
(b) Manual Quezon.
(c) Willian Helkel.
(d) Jose Quezon.
5. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
(a) British lower grade equipment.
(b) Patton's arrogance.
(c) British resistance to following his orders.
(d) Problems with the supply lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
2. Who did Eisenhower trust too much, according to Chapter 7?
3. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
4. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
5. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
2. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
3. What happened on June 6, 1944?
4. After another heart attack, what did Eisenhower do?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
6. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
7. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
8. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
9. In Chapter 23, who called Eisenhower for advice?
10. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)