|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
(a) Taking campaign contributions.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Being a war profiteer.
(d) Being a Communist spy.
2. What did Eisenhower think of his new role as president?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He could not wait to be back to civilian life again.
(d) He had mix feelings about it.
3. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) Germany surrendered.
(b) The battle was lost.
(c) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
(d) The Allies were put back at sea.
4. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
(b) Kansas City.
(d) New York.
5. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
(a) Staff Sergeant.
(b) Supreme General.
(d) Supreme Commander of the Allied forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower called by those who wanted him to run for President?
2. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
3. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
4. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
5. What happened on November 1, 1952?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
2. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
3. What happened for Eisenhower after the war, according to Chapter 8?
4. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
5. In Chapter 14, what happened with Oppenheimer, McCarthy, and Eisenhower?
6. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
7. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
8. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
9. What opportunity did Truman present to Eisenhower, in Chapter 9?
10. What did Eisenhower recognize about the British in Chapter 5?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)