|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
(a) He was a good man.
(b) He was incompetent.
(c) He was the right man for the job.
(d) He was not the right man for the job.
2. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
(b) The Germans needed to be surprised.
(c) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(d) The junior officers needed to step up.
3. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Taking campaign contributions.
(c) Being a Communist spy.
(d) Being a war profiteer.
4. Who did Eisenhower's hesitation allow to escape in the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
5. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
(a) Supporting the French war effort in Indochina.
(b) Supporting the stopping of Communist propaganda.
(c) Supporting the Korean War.
(d) Supporting the troup buildup in West Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower struggle with during the invasion of France?
2. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
3. What was at an all time high, according to Chapter 8?
4. When was Eisenhower supposed to leave for France in 1918?
5. What postponed the invasion of France for several days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opportunity did Truman present to Eisenhower, in Chapter 9?
2. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
3. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
4. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
5. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
6. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
7. What did Eisenhower recognize about the British in Chapter 5?
8. What happened for Eisenhower after the war, according to Chapter 8?
9. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
10. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)