|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower struggle with during the invasion of France?
(a) Montgomery and De Gaulle.
(b) Churchill and De Gaulle.
(c) Montgomery and Brooks.
(d) Churchill and Brooks.
2. Who did Eisenhower trust too much, according to Chapter 7?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) De Gaulle.
3. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The Germans needed to be surprised.
(b) The junior officers needed to step up.
(c) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(d) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
4. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
(a) Spring 1952.
(b) Spring 1951.
(c) October 1951.
(d) Fall 1952.
5. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
(a) Requests to run for president.
(b) Requests for interviews.
(c) Death threats.
(d) Love letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cost the allies dearly, according to the start of Chapter 7?
2. What political party was Truman a member of?
3. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
4. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
5. Who did Eisenhower talk about the importance of NATO with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
2. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
3. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
4. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
5. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
6. Who did Eisenhower meet in Chapter 2, and what role did he play in Eisenhower's life?
7. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
8. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
9. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
10. What was Eisenhower not accustomed to, at the start of Chapter 9?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)