|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
(a) De Gaulle.
2. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
(b) Patton's relationship with the president.
(c) Patton knew Eisenhower made a mistake in Kessering.
(d) His friendship with Eisenhower.
3. What did Eisenhower think of his new role as president?
(a) He could not wait to be back to civilian life again.
(b) He had mix feelings about it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He hated it.
4. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
(a) Balance the budget.
(b) Stop the Korean war.
(c) Allocate more money to the military.
(d) Put his friends in key positions.
5. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
2. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
3. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
4. What school did Eisenhower attend after high school?
5. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
2. What was Eisenhower not accustomed to, at the start of Chapter 9?
3. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
4. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
5. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
6. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
7. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
8. What happened on June 6, 1944?
9. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
10. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)