|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The junior officers needed to step up.
(b) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(c) The Germans needed to be surprised.
(d) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
2. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
3. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
(a) He would have a son in the next few years.
(b) Germany would rise again.
(c) He would never see another war in his lifetime.
(d) The Bolsheviks would be defeated in Russia.
4. What battle did Montgomery's bickering jeopardize, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 6?
(a) The invasion of North Africa.
(b) Battle of Caen.
(c) The Battle of the Bulge.
(d) The invasion of Italy
5. How did Eisenhower finish the school?
(a) First in his class.
(b) He dropped out because of the war.
(c) Last in his class.
(d) Second in his class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
2. What did Eisenhower do between the time he retired from the army and the time he accepted his next job?
3. What did President Truman ask Eisenhower to do in Chapter 9?
4. Where did the Allies land in France?
5. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
2. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
3. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
4. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
5. What did Eisenhower recognize about the British in Chapter 5?
6. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
7. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
8. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
9. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
10. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)