|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eisenhower finish the school?
(a) Second in his class.
(b) Last in his class.
(c) He dropped out because of the war.
(d) First in his class.
2. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
3. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
(b) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
(c) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(d) He did not agree with the methods.
4. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
(a) Staff Sergeant.
(b) Supreme Commander of the Allied forces.
(d) Supreme General.
5. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
(a) Only he could understand Stalin.
(b) Only he could stop the war in Korea.
(c) The Democrats could not be allowed to win.
(d) There was no Republican ready to handle the situation of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower meet several months before being reassigned to Georgia?
2. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
3. What did Eisenhower decide would need to happen for him to run for President?
4. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What was Eisenhower's main non-academic interest while in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
2. What happened on June 6, 1944?
3. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
4. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
5. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
6. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
7. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
8. What affected the Allied forces in Chapter 7, and how did this impact Eisenhower?
9. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
10. What happened for Eisenhower after the war, according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)