|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
(a) Joe McCarthy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Harry Truman.
2. Whose troop does Chapter 5 say did not advance as far as expected?
(a) The Free French.
3. What did Eisenhower do between the time he retired from the army and the time he accepted his next job?
(a) Traveled with his wife.
(b) Toured the U.S. doing speeches.
(c) Wrote his memoirs.
(d) Tried to start a farm.
4. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
(a) To run as Eisenhower's vice president.
(b) To replace Nixon as vice president.
(c) To have Eisenhower run as his vice president.
(d) To have John F. Kennedy run with Eisenhower.
5. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
(b) Kansas City.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
2. When was Eisenhower supposed to leave for France in 1918?
3. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
4. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
5. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the Battle at Kasserine, and why was it significant?
2. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
3. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
4. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
5. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
6. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
7. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
8. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
9. Who did Eisenhower meet in Chapter 2, and what role did he play in Eisenhower's life?
10. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)