|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a public speech.
(b) After a public apology.
(c) After a private meeting.
(d) After reading polls.
2. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
(a) To accept an embassadorial posting.
(b) To be head of the joint chiefs.
(d) Speaking engagements.
3. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
(a) The Marine Corp was mobilized.
(b) He sent a bill to the senate to prevent it from corrupting the political process.
(c) Eisenhower resigned his position.
(d) He ignored it to avoid giving him too much press.
4. What political party was Truman a member of?
5. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
(a) The Panama Canal.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) The Philippines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
2. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
3. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
4. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
5. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on June 6, 1944?
2. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
3. What happened for Eisenhower after the war, according to Chapter 8?
4. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
5. What was Eisenhower not accustomed to, at the start of Chapter 9?
6. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
7. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
8. Who did Eisenhower meet in Chapter 2, and what role did he play in Eisenhower's life?
9. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
10. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)