|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
(a) His friendship with Eisenhower.
(c) Patton knew Eisenhower made a mistake in Kessering.
(d) Patton's relationship with the president.
2. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
(a) His friendship with Patton.
(b) Liberation of France.
(c) The good relationship with Montgomery.
(d) Getting to Berlin before the Russians.
3. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a public apology.
(b) After a public speech.
(c) After a private meeting.
(d) After reading polls.
4. What did Eisenhower do between the time he retired from the army and the time he accepted his next job?
(a) Wrote his memoirs.
(b) Toured the U.S. doing speeches.
(c) Traveled with his wife.
(d) Tried to start a farm.
5. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
(a) West Point.
(b) The War College.
(c) The War Preparation School of the Army.
(d) Command and General Staff School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle did Montgomery's bickering jeopardize, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 6?
2. Whose troop does Chapter 5 say did not advance as far as expected?
3. How was Eisenhower's decision to allow the Bolsheviks to capture the city judged?
4. What was at an all time high, according to Chapter 8?
5. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, as discussed in Chapter 19?
2. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
3. What happened during a U-2 flight prior to a summit in Paris?
4. Where did Eisenhower go and what did he need to do, in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
6. What backfired, according to Chapter 18?
7. In Chapter 14, what did Eisenhower refuse to allow?
8. Who was Khruschev and why was he significant?
9. What program did Eisenhower design, in Chapter 19?
10. What did Eisenhower promise to America in Chapter 13, and why was this significant?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)