|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Willian Helkel.
(b) Jose Quezon.
(c) Manual Quezon.
(d) Manuel Guzman.
2. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Taking campaign contributions.
(c) Being a war profiteer.
(d) Being a Communist spy.
3. Who did Eisenhower talk about the importance of NATO with?
4. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
(b) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
(c) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(d) He did not agree with the methods.
5. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A strong military presence in Germany.
(b) A good relationship with the French.
(c) A fleet of 12 aircraft carriers.
(d) Peace with the Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
2. What was Eisenhower trying to have both sides of the crisis he faced during his first term think?
3. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What was Eisenhower called by those who wanted him to run for President?
5. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
2. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
3. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
4. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
5. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
6. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
7. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
8. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
9. What happened on June 6, 1944?
10. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)