|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
(a) He thought Eisenhower was too soft on Communists.
(b) He did not think Eisenhower could handle the presidency.
(c) He was happy for Eisenhower.
(d) He thought Eisenhower made a mistake in choosing Nixon.
2. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Willian Helkel.
(b) Manual Quezon.
(c) Jose Quezon.
(d) Manuel Guzman.
3. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
4. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
(a) Germany would rise again.
(b) He would never see another war in his lifetime.
(c) The Bolsheviks would be defeated in Russia.
(d) He would have a son in the next few years.
5. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
(a) David and Ida.
(b) John and Ida.
(c) Mark and Sophie.
(d) David and Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party was Truman a member of?
2. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
3. Who did Eisenhower pick to be his running mate for the 1952 election, in Chapter 10?
4. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
5. What did President Truman ask Eisenhower to do in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas?
2. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
3. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
4. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
5. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
6. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
7. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
8. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
9. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
10. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)