|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
(a) Fall 1952.
(b) Spring 1952.
(c) October 1951.
(d) Spring 1951.
2. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
(a) He was a Republican.
(b) He was a libertarian.
(c) He was unaffiliated.
(d) He was a Democrat.
3. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
(a) The Marine Corp was mobilized.
(b) He sent a bill to the senate to prevent it from corrupting the political process.
(c) He ignored it to avoid giving him too much press.
(d) Eisenhower resigned his position.
4. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Fort Sam Houston.
(d) Army central command in Washington.
5. Who worked to have Eisenhower's son, John, come back for his father's inauguration?
(a) Eisenhower himself.
(b) President Truman.
(d) The Chief of Staff of President Truman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower hesitate to pull back during the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
3. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
4. Who did Eisenhower trust too much, according to Chapter 7?
5. Who did Eisenhower pick to be his running mate for the 1952 election, in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
2. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
3. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
4. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
5. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
6. What was Eisenhower not accustomed to, at the start of Chapter 9?
7. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
8. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
9. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
10. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)