|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Eisenhower supposed to leave for France in 1918?
(a) October 6.
(b) May 12.
(c) January 26.
(d) November 18.
2. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
(a) Fox Conner.
(b) Sam Houston.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) George Marshall.
3. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
4. What was Eisenhower trying to have both sides of the crisis he faced during his first term think?
(a) That he preferred McCarthy.
(b) That he was on their side.
(c) That he wanted them to settle it in the senate.
(d) That he didn't care.
5. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
(a) Being a Communist spy.
(b) Being a war profiteer.
(c) Taking campaign contributions.
(d) Having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was damaged when Eisenhower made the deal over the control of North Africa?
2. How did Eisenhower finish the school?
3. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
4. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
5. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
2. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
3. Who did Eisenhower meet in Chapter 2, and what role did he play in Eisenhower's life?
4. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
5. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
6. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
7. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
8. What happened at the Battle at Kasserine, and why was it significant?
9. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
10. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)