|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eisenhower introduced to at the start of Chapter 2?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) F.D. Roosevelt.
(c) Fox Conner.
(d) General MacArthur.
2. When was Eisenhower supposed to leave for France in 1918?
(a) October 6.
(b) November 18.
(c) May 12.
(d) January 26.
3. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Fort Sam Houston.
(d) Army central command in Washington.
4. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
(a) British lower grade equipment.
(b) Problems with the supply lines.
(c) British resistance to following his orders.
(d) Patton's arrogance.
5. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
(b) Patton's relationship with the president.
(c) Patton knew Eisenhower made a mistake in Kessering.
(d) His friendship with Eisenhower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
2. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
3. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
4. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
5. What postponed the invasion of France for several days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eisenhower not accustomed to, at the start of Chapter 9?
2. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
3. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
4. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
5. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
6. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
7. What did Eisenhower recognize about the British in Chapter 5?
8. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
9. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
10. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)