|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
(a) Death threats.
(b) Requests for interviews.
(c) Requests to run for president.
(d) Love letters.
2. What was Eisenhower's main non-academic interest while in college?
3. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
(b) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(c) He did not agree with the methods.
(d) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
4. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
(b) New York.
(d) Kansas City.
5. Who did Eisenhower try to maintain friendly relations with?
(a) Soviet Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
2. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
3. Who did Eisenhower make a deal with over North Africa?
4. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
5. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Dwight Eisenhower's parents?
2. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
3. What happened during the time that Montgomery spent arguing?
4. What happened at the Battle at Kasserine, and why was it significant?
5. What did Eisenhower do after he retired from the army?
6. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
7. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
8. What affected the Allied forces in Chapter 7, and how did this impact Eisenhower?
9. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
10. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)