|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower try to maintain friendly relations with?
(c) Soviet Russia.
2. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) January 17, 1945.
(b) June 6, 1944.
(c) August 24, 1944.
(d) June 7, 1944.
3. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
(b) Chief of Staff.
(c) General of the Army.
(d) General of the Armies.
4. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
(a) David and Ida.
(b) Mark and Sophie.
(c) David and Sophie.
(d) John and Ida.
5. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
(a) Dwight D. Morrow
(b) Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Chester William Nimitz.
(d) President Coolidge personnal staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
2. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
3. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
4. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
5. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
2. How was Eisenhower's relationship with Mary (Mamie) after the war?
3. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
4. What damaged Eisenhower's British American relations?
5. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
6. Who did Eisenhower meet in Chapter 2, and what role did he play in Eisenhower's life?
7. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
8. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
9. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
10. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)