|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a private meeting.
(b) After reading polls.
(c) After a public speech.
(d) After a public apology.
2. What was the only way to be successful in battle, according to Eisenhower?
(a) By having sufficient aircraft carriers.
(b) By having air superiority.
(c) By having the soldiers understand why they were fighting.
(d) By being fit and having the best weapons.
3. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
(a) The War College.
(b) Command and General Staff School.
(c) West Point.
(d) The War Preparation School of the Army.
4. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
5. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
(b) To accept an embassadorial posting.
(c) Speaking engagements.
(d) To be head of the joint chiefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
2. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
3. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
4. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
5. What political party was Truman a member of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eisenhower not accustomed to, at the start of Chapter 9?
2. What did Eisenhower do to prepare for war, and why was this significant?
3. What did Eisenhower spend a lot of time doing?
4. In Chapter 12, what struggle started between Eisenhower and Joe McCarthy?
5. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
6. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
7. What happened between Eisenhower and Truman, and how was it significant, in Chapter 11?
8. What did Eisenhower learn in Chapter 4?
9. Who were Mongtomery and Brooks, and why were they significant?
10. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)