|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) His math skills.
(b) His birth place.
(c) His loyalty.
(d) His sanity.
2. What school did Eisenhower attend after high school?
(a) West Point.
3. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Jose Quezon.
(b) Manuel Guzman.
(c) Willian Helkel.
(d) Manual Quezon.
4. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
(a) President Coolidge personnal staff.
(b) Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Dwight D. Morrow
(d) Chester William Nimitz.
5. What was damaged when Eisenhower made the deal over the control of North Africa?
(a) His relationship with the British.
(b) His relationship with MacArthur.
(c) The 5th armored division.
(d) The battleship St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
2. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
3. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
4. Who did Eisenhower make a deal with over North Africa?
5. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why did Sputnik evoke fear in the American people?
2. What affected the Allied forces in Chapter 7, and how did this impact Eisenhower?
3. What was Eisenhower's main fear, in Chapter 15?
4. What did Eisenhower tell Johnson?
5. What occurred in July 1955, in Chapter 16?
6. What was Eisenhower doing with the U-2 planes in Chapter 21, and why was it significant?
7. What was significant about the way in which Eisenhower spoke?
8. How does Chapter 3 describe Eisenhower's treatment of American troops?
9. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
10. What did Eisenhower finally tell Montgomery in Chapter 6, and how did Montgomery react?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)