|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
(b) Patton's relationship with the president.
(c) His friendship with Eisenhower.
(d) Patton knew Eisenhower made a mistake in Kessering.
2. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
3. How did Eisenhower compare the bureaucracy at his new job to that of the military bureaucracy during the war?
(a) The bureaucracy during the war was more bloated.
(b) The bureaucracy during the war was faster.
(c) The bureaucracy during the war was easier to understand.
(d) The bureaucracy during the war was slower.
4. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
(a) He got her U.S. citizenship.
(b) Married her.
(c) He helped find her a job.
(d) He had her accepted in the Women's Army Corp.
5. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
(a) Change his pick for Vice President.
(b) Support his running mate.
(c) Talk to the press before making any decisions.
(d) Drop out of the race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do between the time he retired from the army and the time he accepted his next job?
2. How was Eisenhower's decision to allow the Bolsheviks to capture the city judged?
3. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
4. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
5. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened for Eisenhower after the war, according to Chapter 8?
2. What did Eisenhower ask of Nixon in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 3, what role did Eisenhower take on and how did this change his life?
4. What is the purpose of the book, according to Chapter 1?
5. What angered the military and the Republicans in Chapter 12?
6. What was Eisenhower interested in, and how is it significant?
7. What happened to the German forces in Chapter 7?
8. In Chapter 10, who did Eisenhower choose as vice president, and what obstacle did this present?
9. What did Eisenhower realize about the presidency, in Chapter 9?
10. What did Eisenhower assemble, according to Chapter 11?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)