|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower refuse to allow to appear before the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) His personnel.
(b) All generals.
(c) His friends.
(d) Any officer higher than captain.
2. What summit took place in July 1955, according to Chapter 16?
(a) The Paris Summit.
(b) The Alger Summit.
(c) The Washington Summit.
(d) The Geneva Summit.
3. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That they did trust each other.
(b) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(c) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(d) That France was a loose canon.
4. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
(a) Oppenheimer hid the results of the project.
(b) Oppenheimer did his best.
(c) Oppenheimer stalled its development.
(d) Oppenheimer sold secrets to the Russians.
5. What did Eisenhower discover quickly after the start of the summit?
(a) The Soviets developed an H bomb.
(b) The Soviets installed missiles in Cuba.
(c) Tanks were massing in East Germany.
(d) The Soviets would not accept his proposal of open skies.
6. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(c) Atomic weapons.
7. What did Eisenhower think an armistice was, according to Chapter 13?
(a) A victory.
(b) A way to stall.
(c) A way to save face.
(d) A defeat.
8. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(b) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(c) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(d) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
9. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
(a) His strokes.
(b) Because since 1941 they had been done for him.
(d) His laziness.
10. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
(b) Khrushchev accepted the request.
(c) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
(d) Poutin stopped the conference.
11. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
12. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) Media relationships.
(d) The Cuba Crisis.
13. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
(a) Space flight.
(c) Prisoner exchange.
(d) Talk about supervision of nuclear weapons testing.
14. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
(a) Had Oppenheimer exchanged for American agents.
(b) Promoted Oppenheimer.
(c) Promoted Fermi.
(d) Removed Oppenheimer from the H bomb project.
15. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
(a) Their daughter, Marie.
(b) Their dog, Puffy.
(c) No grave was moved.
(d) Their son's, Icky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
2. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
3. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
4. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
5. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)