|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
(a) They could not beat Nixon.
(b) They were not smart enough to be president.
(c) They did not know the Russians like he did.
(d) They could use the atom bomb too easily.
2. What did Eisenhower think was more important than what the military was asking for?
(a) His re-election bid.
(b) A balanced budget.
(d) Long range bombers.
3. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
(a) A house in Seattle.
(b) The family's Gettysburg farm.
(c) A resort in Florida.
4. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
(a) Space flight.
(b) Prisoner exchange.
(c) Talk about supervision of nuclear weapons testing.
5. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
6. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
7. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
(a) Promoted Oppenheimer.
(b) Removed Oppenheimer from the H bomb project.
(c) Had Oppenheimer exchanged for American agents.
(d) Promoted Fermi.
8. Who did Eisenhower want to sign a treaty with in 1958?
(a) East Germany.
(c) West Germany.
9. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
10. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
11. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
(a) 2 billion.
(b) 1 billion.
(c) 34 million.
(d) 750 million.
12. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(b) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(c) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(d) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
13. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
(a) St. Marie.
(b) St. Sulpice.
(c) Ronald Regan Hospital.
(d) Walter Reed Hospital.
14. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
(a) Their daughter, Marie.
(b) Their son's, Icky.
(c) No grave was moved.
(d) Their dog, Puffy.
15. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
(a) Abandon politics.
(b) Take himself off the 1956 ticket.
(c) Run for President.
(d) Give the money he stole back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
2. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
3. What did Eisenhower promise the American people in 1951 if he was elected, according to Chapter 13?
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
5. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)