|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
(a) A resort in Florida.
(c) A house in Seattle.
(d) The family's Gettysburg farm.
2. What did Eisenhower refuse to do for the French?
(a) Use the H Bomb on Vietnam.
(b) Intervene in Algeria.
(c) Intervene in their internal affairs.
(d) Give them the back section of a submarine.
3. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
(a) Run for President again.
(c) Have an ambassador position.
(d) Try to undermine Nixon.
4. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Difficulty walking.
(b) Numbness on one side.
(c) Reversal of syllables in long words.
(d) Not able to feel his hand.
6. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
(a) As a personal shame.
(b) As one of his proudest achievements.
(c) As a reason to consider resignation.
(d) As a defeat.
7. When did the British sign the cease fire in Egypt?
(a) They never signed a cease fire.
(b) November 5, 1957.
(c) 2 days after Eisenhower was sworn into office.
(d) The day of the 1956 presidential election.
8. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
(a) Ridding government offices of Communists.
(b) Hiring Communists for positions of public service.
(c) Building more nuclear missiles.
(d) Trying to disgrace McCarthy.
9. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
10. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
11. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(a) Atomic weapons.
12. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
13. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
(a) Space flight.
(b) Prisoner exchange.
(c) Talk about supervision of nuclear weapons testing.
14. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
15. Who called the National Guard in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) The Arkansas board of education.
(b) Governor Fabus.
(c) The state senate.
(d) A black student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
2. Who announced his intention not to run for President again?
3. What happened in Russia in late 1957?
4. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
5. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)