|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
2. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
(a) Their daughter, Marie.
(b) Their son's, Icky.
(c) No grave was moved.
(d) Their dog, Puffy.
3. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) To guard the body of the assassinated governor.
(b) To help block access to Central High School to African American students.
(c) To fight students who were rioting.
(d) The help African American students go to class.
4. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
(a) To hunt more often.
(b) To be with Mamie again.
(c) To see his grandchild more often.
(d) To be a free citizen.
5. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
(a) Try to undermine Nixon.
(b) Have an ambassador position.
(c) Run for President again.
6. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
7. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He endorsed his opponent.
(b) He refused to endorse him.
(c) He fully endorsed him.
(d) He refused to get involved.
8. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
(a) To disband NASA.
(b) Do not trust Nixon.
(c) To not put too much money in the Apollo programs.
(d) End the Vietnam War as quickly as possible.
9. What did people have trouble comprehending, according to Eisenhower?
(a) What M.A.D. was.
(b) The complexity of an atomic bomb.
(c) The power of atomic weapons.
(d) What acceptable losses meant.
10. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
11. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They installed an all white security.
(b) They reopened the school as segregated.
(c) They rebuilt the school.
(d) They built classes for the African Americans only.
12. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(b) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(c) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(d) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
13. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
(a) The Soyouz Appolo missions.
(b) An international peace treaty.
(c) Atoms for Peace.
(d) Improve U.S. ballistic missiles.
14. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
(a) The next President would have to be strong.
(b) The next President could not be Communist.
(c) The next President could not hesitate to launch the missiles.
(d) Peace would not be the next President's main focus.
15. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
2. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
3. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
4. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
5. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)