|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Eisenhower to sign an armistice with the KPA?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(b) The prisoner of war problem.
(d) The nuclear testing problem.
3. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
(a) Hiring Communists for positions of public service.
(b) Trying to disgrace McCarthy.
(c) Building more nuclear missiles.
(d) Ridding government offices of Communists.
4. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(b) That they did trust each other.
(c) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(d) That France was a loose canon.
5. What did Eisenhower think an armistice was, according to Chapter 13?
(a) A defeat.
(b) A way to save face.
(c) A way to stall.
(d) A victory.
6. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
(a) Prisoner exchange.
(c) Space flight.
(d) Talk about supervision of nuclear weapons testing.
7. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
8. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
(a) Had Oppenheimer exchanged for American agents.
(b) Removed Oppenheimer from the H bomb project.
(c) Promoted Fermi.
(d) Promoted Oppenheimer.
9. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(a) Atomic weapons.
10. What did Eisenhower promise the American people in 1951 if he was elected, according to Chapter 13?
(a) To win the Korean War.
(b) To repeal segregation.
(c) To bolster the aid to France in Indochina.
(d) To go to Korea to make peace.
11. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) To help block access to Central High School to African American students.
(b) The help African American students go to class.
(c) To fight students who were rioting.
(d) To guard the body of the assassinated governor.
12. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
13. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Gerald Ford.
14. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
(a) 34 million.
(b) 750 million.
(c) 2 billion.
(d) 1 billion.
15. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
2. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
3. When did the British sign the cease fire in Egypt?
4. What did Eisenhower think was more important than what the military was asking for?
5. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)