|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He endorsed his opponent.
(b) He fully endorsed him.
(c) He refused to get involved.
(d) He refused to endorse him.
2. What did Eisenhower discover quickly after the start of the summit?
(a) Tanks were massing in East Germany.
(b) The Soviets would not accept his proposal of open skies.
(c) The Soviets installed missiles in Cuba.
(d) The Soviets developed an H bomb.
3. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
(a) He suffered a stroke.
(b) He broke his pelvis.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He broke an arm.
4. What did Eisenhower think an armistice was, according to Chapter 13?
(a) A way to stall.
(b) A victory.
(c) A way to save face.
(d) A defeat.
5. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
(a) Removed Oppenheimer from the H bomb project.
(b) Promoted Oppenheimer.
(c) Had Oppenheimer exchanged for American agents.
(d) Promoted Fermi.
6. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That France was a loose canon.
(b) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(c) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(d) That they did trust each other.
7. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
(a) If he should run for president in 1956.
(b) If the U.S. military could win in Germany.
(c) If he could beat the Russians with a pre-emptive strike.
(d) If the Soviets knew about the U-2 flights.
8. What did Eisenhower promise the American people in 1951 if he was elected, according to Chapter 13?
(a) To go to Korea to make peace.
(b) To win the Korean War.
(c) To bolster the aid to France in Indochina.
(d) To repeal segregation.
9. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
(a) A summit in Berlin.
(b) A summit in London.
(c) A summit in Paris.
(d) A summit in Ankara.
10. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
11. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(b) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(c) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(d) Eisenhower had a stroke.
12. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
(a) They could use the atom bomb too easily.
(b) They were not smart enough to be president.
(c) They could not beat Nixon.
(d) They did not know the Russians like he did.
13. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
14. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They rebuilt the school.
(b) They installed an all white security.
(c) They reopened the school as segregated.
(d) They built classes for the African Americans only.
15. How long did Eisenhower take to recuperate, physically?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
2. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
3. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
4. Who jumped in the Presidential race of 1969?
5. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)