|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
(a) If the Soviets knew about the U-2 flights.
(b) If the U.S. military could win in Germany.
(c) If he should run for president in 1956.
(d) If he could beat the Russians with a pre-emptive strike.
2. Who did the British agree to turn the canal over to after negotiating with Eisenhower?
(b) The U.S.
3. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(b) They installed an all white security.
(c) They rebuilt the school.
(d) They reopened the school as segregated.
4. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(a) The prisoner of war problem.
(d) The nuclear testing problem.
5. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
(a) To build more rockets.
(b) To make more atomic weapons.
(c) To build more tanks.
(d) To build a carrier fleet.
6. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
(a) A summit in Berlin.
(b) A summit in Ankara.
(c) A summit in Paris.
(d) A summit in London.
7. What summit took place in July 1955, according to Chapter 16?
(a) The Geneva Summit.
(b) The Alger Summit.
(c) The Paris Summit.
(d) The Washington Summit.
8. Who called the National Guard in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) The Arkansas board of education.
(b) The state senate.
(c) A black student.
(d) Governor Fabus.
9. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
(a) Because since 1941 they had been done for him.
(b) His laziness.
(c) His strokes.
10. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
(a) The Vietnam war.
(b) The race to the moon.
(c) The arms race with the Russians.
(d) The Russian space program.
11. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
(a) They did not trust them.
(b) They were inconsequential.
(c) They were hidden.
(d) They were pure.
12. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Poutin stopped the conference.
(b) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
(c) Khrushchev accepted the request.
(d) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
13. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) A victory.
(b) Continuing the war.
(c) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
(d) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
14. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(a) Atomic weapons.
15. How long did it take for Eisenhower to sign an armistice with the KPA?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jumped in the Presidential race of 1969?
2. Who was Eisenhower starting to investigate during the senate hearing?
3. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
4. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
5. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)