Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
(a) He groomed his replacement.
(b) He tried to maintain peace.
(c) He tried to trick the Soviets into surrendering.
(d) He planned for a first strike.
2. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Not able to feel his hand.
(b) Difficulty walking.
(c) Numbness on one side.
(d) Reversal of syllables in long words.
3. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
(a) Invade Iran.
(b) Oust Mossadegh and return the shah to power.
(c) Take the main port to pressure the Shah.
(d) Give Iran weapons to fight its insurgency.
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) Army personnel.
(b) School teachers.
5. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
6. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
(a) The Cuba Crisis.
(b) Media relationships.
(d) The Vietnam War.
7. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) To guard the body of the assassinated governor.
(b) The help African American students go to class.
(c) To help block access to Central High School to African American students.
(d) To fight students who were rioting.
8. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
9. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(b) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(c) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(d) Eisenhower broke his leg.
10. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
(a) He broke his pelvis.
(b) He suffered a stroke.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He broke an arm.
11. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
(a) In Normandy.
(b) At the White House.
(c) At his home.
(d) At the hospital.
12. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
13. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
(a) Their dog, Puffy.
(b) No grave was moved.
(c) Their son's, Icky.
(d) Their daughter, Marie.
14. What did Eisenhower refuse to allow to appear before the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) His friends.
(b) All generals.
(c) Any officer higher than captain.
(d) His personnel.
15. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
(a) A state court ruling.
(b) The right to lynching.
(c) The right to segregation.
(d) Supreme Court Ruling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
2. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
3. What did Eisenhower think an armistice was, according to Chapter 13?
4. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
5. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)