|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was France trying to get the U.S. to help with?
(a) The fight in Vietnam.
(b) A submarine program.
(c) It's relationship with Germany.
(d) An economic situation.
2. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
(a) St. Sulpice.
(b) Walter Reed Hospital.
(c) St. Marie.
(d) Ronald Regan Hospital.
3. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He fully endorsed him.
(b) He refused to endorse him.
(c) He endorsed his opponent.
(d) He refused to get involved.
4. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
(a) To prevent a federal court from meeting.
(b) To prevent a lynch mob from killing.
(c) To block African American access to the school.
(d) To allow African Americans access to the school.
5. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
6. What did the Soviets think of Eisenhower's proposal, according to Chapter 13?
(a) The accepted it.
(b) They made a counter proposal.
(c) They rejected it.
(d) They studied it.
7. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
8. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
(a) Oppenheimer stalled its development.
(b) Oppenheimer hid the results of the project.
(c) Oppenheimer sold secrets to the Russians.
(d) Oppenheimer did his best.
9. What did Eisenhower refuse to do for the French?
(a) Intervene in their internal affairs.
(b) Intervene in Algeria.
(c) Use the H Bomb on Vietnam.
(d) Give them the back section of a submarine.
10. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
(a) Because since 1941 they had been done for him.
(c) His laziness.
(d) His strokes.
11. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
(a) To lift him to a sitting position.
(b) To leave the room.
(c) To scatter his ashes at sea.
(d) To close his eyes.
12. How long did it take for Eisenhower to sign an armistice with the KPA?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
13. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
(a) They did not trust them.
(b) They were inconsequential.
(c) They were hidden.
(d) They were pure.
14. How long did Eisenhower take to recuperate, physically?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 months.
15. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
2. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
3. What did Eisenhower refuse to do, despite Khrushchev's ultimatum?
4. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
5. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)