|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) A victory.
(b) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
(c) Continuing the war.
(d) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
2. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
3. Who did the British agree to turn the canal over to after negotiating with Eisenhower?
(a) The U.S.
4. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
(c) Army personnel.
(d) School teachers.
5. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
(a) Promoted Oppenheimer.
(b) Removed Oppenheimer from the H bomb project.
(c) Had Oppenheimer exchanged for American agents.
(d) Promoted Fermi.
6. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
(a) Hiring Communists for positions of public service.
(b) Trying to disgrace McCarthy.
(c) Building more nuclear missiles.
(d) Ridding government offices of Communists.
7. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
(a) President Nixon and his wife.
(b) His son and grandson.
(c) His wife, son and grandson.
(d) His wife.
8. What did Eisenhower discover quickly after the start of the summit?
(a) The Soviets installed missiles in Cuba.
(b) Tanks were massing in East Germany.
(c) The Soviets would not accept his proposal of open skies.
(d) The Soviets developed an H bomb.
9. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
10. What did Eisenhower refuse to allow to appear before the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) Any officer higher than captain.
(b) His personnel.
(c) His friends.
(d) All generals.
11. What did Eisenhower fear would happen because of an increase in military spending?
(a) U.S.A. would bankrupt itself.
(b) U.S.A. would have no choice but to attack Russia.
(c) The military would take control of the government.
(d) The military would not be capable of effectively fighting.
12. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
(a) Their dog, Puffy.
(b) Their son's, Icky.
(c) Their daughter, Marie.
(d) No grave was moved.
13. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
14. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
15. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(b) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(c) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(d) Eisenhower had a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
2. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
3. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
4. What summit took place in July 1955, according to Chapter 16?
5. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)