|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
2. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
(a) He stalled.
(b) He refused.
(c) He accepted.
(d) He tried to mount Kennedy against Eisenhower.
3. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
(a) If the Soviets knew about the U-2 flights.
(b) If the U.S. military could win in Germany.
(c) If he should run for president in 1956.
(d) If he could beat the Russians with a pre-emptive strike.
4. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They rebuilt the school.
(b) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(c) They installed an all white security.
(d) They reopened the school as segregated.
5. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
(b) Space flight.
(c) Talk about supervision of nuclear weapons testing.
(d) Prisoner exchange.
6. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
(a) Supreme Court Ruling.
(b) The right to lynching.
(c) The right to segregation.
(d) A state court ruling.
7. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
(a) To build more tanks.
(b) To build more rockets.
(c) To make more atomic weapons.
(d) To build a carrier fleet.
8. What was Eisenhower's reaction to the Soviet's answer to his proposal?
(a) He was disappointed.
(b) He was not surprised.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was still hopeful.
9. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
10. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
(a) His strokes.
(c) His laziness.
(d) Because since 1941 they had been done for him.
11. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(b) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(c) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(d) Eisenhower broke his arm.
12. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
(a) Run for President.
(b) Take himself off the 1956 ticket.
(c) Give the money he stole back.
(d) Abandon politics.
13. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
(a) 750 million.
(b) 34 million.
(c) 2 billion.
(d) 1 billion.
14. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
(a) To see his grandchild more often.
(b) To be a free citizen.
(c) To hunt more often.
(d) To be with Mamie again.
15. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
(b) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
(c) A victory.
(d) Continuing the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
2. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
3. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
4. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
5. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)