|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Eisenhower to sign an armistice with the KPA?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
2. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
(a) They fought in court.
(b) They burned the school.
(c) They accepted the current situation.
(d) They closed Central High School.
3. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
(a) Removed Oppenheimer from the H bomb project.
(b) Promoted Fermi.
(c) Promoted Oppenheimer.
(d) Had Oppenheimer exchanged for American agents.
4. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
(a) If he could beat the Russians with a pre-emptive strike.
(b) If the Soviets knew about the U-2 flights.
(c) If he should run for president in 1956.
(d) If the U.S. military could win in Germany.
5. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) School teachers.
(b) Army personnel.
6. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
(a) Supreme Court Ruling.
(b) The right to lynching.
(c) A state court ruling.
(d) The right to segregation.
7. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
(a) Peace would not be the next President's main focus.
(b) The next President could not be Communist.
(c) The next President would have to be strong.
(d) The next President could not hesitate to launch the missiles.
8. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
9. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
(a) They were pure.
(b) They did not trust them.
(c) They were inconsequential.
(d) They were hidden.
10. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
11. What did Eisenhower refuse to do for the French?
(a) Intervene in Algeria.
(b) Intervene in their internal affairs.
(c) Use the H Bomb on Vietnam.
(d) Give them the back section of a submarine.
12. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
(a) Information on German war prisoners.
(b) Information on the whereabouts of Oppenheimer.
(c) An exchange of prisoners.
(d) Open air skies to allow reconnaissance missions.
13. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
(a) Because since 1941 they had been done for him.
(c) His laziness.
(d) His strokes.
14. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
(b) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
(c) Continuing the war.
(d) A victory.
15. What did Eisenhower refuse to do, despite Khrushchev's ultimatum?
(a) Remove its nuclear missiles from Turkey.
(b) Decommission its nuclear submarine.
(c) Remove NATO troops from West Berlin.
(d) Decommission half of its bomber fleet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
2. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
3. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
4. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
5. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)