|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He fully endorsed him.
(b) He refused to get involved.
(c) He endorsed his opponent.
(d) He refused to endorse him.
2. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(b) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(c) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(d) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
3. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That France was a loose canon.
(b) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(c) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(d) That they did trust each other.
4. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
(a) His laziness.
(b) Because since 1941 they had been done for him.
(d) His strokes.
5. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
(a) Try to undermine Nixon.
(b) Have an ambassador position.
(d) Run for President again.
6. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(d) Atomic weapons.
7. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
(a) To close his eyes.
(b) To lift him to a sitting position.
(c) To scatter his ashes at sea.
(d) To leave the room.
8. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At his home.
(c) At the White House.
(d) In Normandy.
9. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
(b) A resort in Florida.
(c) The family's Gettysburg farm.
(d) A house in Seattle.
10. Who called the National Guard in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) Governor Fabus.
(b) The Arkansas board of education.
(c) The state senate.
(d) A black student.
11. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
(a) End the Vietnam War as quickly as possible.
(b) To disband NASA.
(c) To not put too much money in the Apollo programs.
(d) Do not trust Nixon.
12. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
(a) Ridding government offices of Communists.
(b) Building more nuclear missiles.
(c) Trying to disgrace McCarthy.
(d) Hiring Communists for positions of public service.
13. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
(a) He tried to mount Kennedy against Eisenhower.
(b) He stalled.
(c) He accepted.
(d) He refused.
14. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
(a) Abandon politics.
(b) Run for President.
(c) Give the money he stole back.
(d) Take himself off the 1956 ticket.
15. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
(a) A summit in Paris.
(b) A summit in Ankara.
(c) A summit in Berlin.
(d) A summit in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
2. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
3. What simple things did Eisenhower need to relearn?
4. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
5. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)