|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
(a) An international peace treaty.
(b) The Soyouz Appolo missions.
(c) Atoms for Peace.
(d) Improve U.S. ballistic missiles.
2. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
(a) To close his eyes.
(b) To leave the room.
(c) To scatter his ashes at sea.
(d) To lift him to a sitting position.
3. Who was Eisenhower starting to investigate during the senate hearing?
(a) Military scientists.
(c) Military doctors.
4. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
(a) The Cuba Crisis.
(c) Media relationships.
(d) The Vietnam War.
5. Who jumped in the Presidential race of 1969?
6. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
(a) He tried to mount Kennedy against Eisenhower.
(b) He refused.
(c) He accepted.
(d) He stalled.
7. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(b) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(c) That they did trust each other.
(d) That France was a loose canon.
8. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) The help African American students go to class.
(b) To help block access to Central High School to African American students.
(c) To fight students who were rioting.
(d) To guard the body of the assassinated governor.
9. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(b) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(c) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(d) Eisenhower broke his arm.
10. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
(b) Poutin stopped the conference.
(c) Khrushchev accepted the request.
(d) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
11. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Difficulty walking.
(b) Numbness on one side.
(c) Not able to feel his hand.
(d) Reversal of syllables in long words.
12. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He endorsed his opponent.
(b) He refused to endorse him.
(c) He fully endorsed him.
(d) He refused to get involved.
13. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
(a) St. Sulpice.
(b) Walter Reed Hospital.
(c) Ronald Regan Hospital.
(d) St. Marie.
14. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They installed an all white security.
(b) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(c) They rebuilt the school.
(d) They reopened the school as segregated.
15. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
2. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
3. What happened in Russia in late 1957?
4. How much of the Iranian oil did the U.S. secure after the involvement of the CIA?
5. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)