|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
(b) A victory.
(c) Continuing the war.
(d) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
2. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
(a) They could not beat Nixon.
(b) They could use the atom bomb too easily.
(c) They were not smart enough to be president.
(d) They did not know the Russians like he did.
3. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) All traces of Oppenheimer.
(b) The plans for the H bomb.
(c) Eisenhower's will to continue being President.
(d) McCarthy's credibility.
4. How much of the Iranian oil did the U.S. secure after the involvement of the CIA?
5. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
6. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
(a) He broke his pelvis.
(b) He suffered a stroke.
(c) He broke an arm.
(d) He had a heart attack.
7. Who announced his intention not to run for President again?
8. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
(a) Try to undermine Nixon.
(c) Run for President again.
(d) Have an ambassador position.
9. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(a) The prisoner of war problem.
(d) The nuclear testing problem.
10. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
11. What was Eisenhower thinking of during his recovery?
(a) If he should run for president in 1956.
(b) If he could beat the Russians with a pre-emptive strike.
(c) If the Soviets knew about the U-2 flights.
(d) If the U.S. military could win in Germany.
12. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
(a) Abandon politics.
(b) Take himself off the 1956 ticket.
(c) Run for President.
(d) Give the money he stole back.
13. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
(a) The Russian space program.
(b) The arms race with the Russians.
(c) The race to the moon.
(d) The Vietnam war.
14. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
15. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
(a) 2 billion.
(b) 1 billion.
(c) 34 million.
(d) 750 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
2. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
3. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
4. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)