|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
(a) Information on German war prisoners.
(b) Information on the whereabouts of Oppenheimer.
(c) Open air skies to allow reconnaissance missions.
(d) An exchange of prisoners.
2. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
(a) Atoms for Peace.
(b) Improve U.S. ballistic missiles.
(c) The Soyouz Appolo missions.
(d) An international peace treaty.
3. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He endorsed his opponent.
(b) He refused to get involved.
(c) He refused to endorse him.
(d) He fully endorsed him.
4. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
(a) His wife.
(b) President Nixon and his wife.
(c) His son and grandson.
(d) His wife, son and grandson.
5. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
(a) Talk about supervision of nuclear weapons testing.
(b) Space flight.
(d) Prisoner exchange.
6. Who was Eisenhower starting to investigate during the senate hearing?
(a) Military scientists.
(d) Military doctors.
7. What did Eisenhower discover quickly after the start of the summit?
(a) The Soviets installed missiles in Cuba.
(b) The Soviets developed an H bomb.
(c) Tanks were massing in East Germany.
(d) The Soviets would not accept his proposal of open skies.
8. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) A victory.
(b) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
(c) Continuing the war.
(d) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
9. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Numbness on one side.
(b) Difficulty walking.
(c) Reversal of syllables in long words.
(d) Not able to feel his hand.
10. What did Eisenhower think was more important than what the military was asking for?
(a) A balanced budget.
(b) His re-election bid.
(c) Long range bombers.
11. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
(a) Walter Reed Hospital.
(b) St. Sulpice.
(c) St. Marie.
(d) Ronald Regan Hospital.
12. What was Eisenhower's reaction to the Soviet's answer to his proposal?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was not surprised.
(c) He was disappointed.
(d) He was still hopeful.
13. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(c) Atomic weapons.
14. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
(a) Give Iran weapons to fight its insurgency.
(b) Oust Mossadegh and return the shah to power.
(c) Take the main port to pressure the Shah.
(d) Invade Iran.
15. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower want to sign a treaty with in 1958?
2. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
3. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
4. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
5. Who occasionally called Eisenhower for advice?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)