|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Numbness on one side.
(b) Difficulty walking.
(c) Reversal of syllables in long words.
(d) Not able to feel his hand.
2. How much of the Iranian oil did the U.S. secure after the involvement of the CIA?
3. What situation required Eisenhower's attention during his 1956 campaign?
(a) The Yom Kippur War.
(b) The invasion of Aifa.
(c) Mer el Kebir.
(d) The Suez Canal crisis.
4. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) Eisenhower's will to continue being President.
(b) McCarthy's credibility.
(c) The plans for the H bomb.
(d) All traces of Oppenheimer.
5. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
6. What did Eisenhower think of a nuclear exchange with the USSR?
(a) NATO could prevent Soviet retaliation.
(b) There was a 54% chance of a first strike destroying the USSR's capacity to retaliate.
(c) The U.S. could prevail with acceptable losses.
(d) No one could win.
7. Who announced his intention not to run for President again?
8. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(c) Atomic weapons.
9. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
(a) To allow African Americans access to the school.
(b) To block African American access to the school.
(c) To prevent a federal court from meeting.
(d) To prevent a lynch mob from killing.
10. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
(a) To build more rockets.
(b) To build a carrier fleet.
(c) To build more tanks.
(d) To make more atomic weapons.
11. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
(a) In Normandy.
(b) At the White House.
(c) At his home.
(d) At the hospital.
12. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) To fight students who were rioting.
(b) To guard the body of the assassinated governor.
(c) To help block access to Central High School to African American students.
(d) The help African American students go to class.
13. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(a) The nuclear testing problem.
(d) The prisoner of war problem.
14. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(b) That France was a loose canon.
(c) That they did trust each other.
(d) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
15. What was Eisenhower's grandson's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
2. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
3. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
4. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
5. What was France trying to get the U.S. to help with?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)