|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
2. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(c) The prisoner of war problem.
(d) The nuclear testing problem.
3. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
4. Where did Eisenhower spend his last few days?
(a) At the White House.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) In Normandy.
(d) At his home.
5. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He refused to get involved.
(b) He fully endorsed him.
(c) He refused to endorse him.
(d) He endorsed his opponent.
6. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That they did trust each other.
(b) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(c) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(d) That France was a loose canon.
7. Who was at the head of Russia in 1958?
8. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
(b) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
(c) Khrushchev accepted the request.
(d) Poutin stopped the conference.
9. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
(a) As a personal shame.
(b) As one of his proudest achievements.
(c) As a reason to consider resignation.
(d) As a defeat.
10. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) To guard the body of the assassinated governor.
(b) To fight students who were rioting.
(c) To help block access to Central High School to African American students.
(d) The help African American students go to class.
11. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
(a) The family's Gettysburg farm.
(b) A house in Seattle.
(d) A resort in Florida.
12. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(b) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(c) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(d) Eisenhower broke his leg.
13. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
14. What did Eisenhower promise the American people in 1951 if he was elected, according to Chapter 13?
(a) To win the Korean War.
(b) To repeal segregation.
(c) To bolster the aid to France in Indochina.
(d) To go to Korea to make peace.
15. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) All traces of Oppenheimer.
(b) McCarthy's credibility.
(c) Eisenhower's will to continue being President.
(d) The plans for the H bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
2. Who called the National Guard in Arkansas in September 1957?
3. What did Eisenhower think an armistice was, according to Chapter 13?
4. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
5. Who did the British agree to turn the canal over to after negotiating with Eisenhower?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)