|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jumped in the Presidential race of 1969?
2. What did the Soviets think of Eisenhower's proposal, according to Chapter 13?
(a) They made a counter proposal.
(b) They studied it.
(c) The accepted it.
(d) They rejected it.
3. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
(a) As a reason to consider resignation.
(b) As a defeat.
(c) As a personal shame.
(d) As one of his proudest achievements.
4. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
(a) Run for President.
(b) Give the money he stole back.
(c) Abandon politics.
(d) Take himself off the 1956 ticket.
5. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
(a) Prisoner exchange.
(c) Space flight.
(d) Talk about supervision of nuclear weapons testing.
6. How much surplus did the U.S. have in 1960?
(a) 34 million.
(b) 2 billion.
(c) 750 million.
(d) 1 billion.
7. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That they did trust each other.
(b) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(c) That France was a loose canon.
(d) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
8. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
(a) He tried to mount Kennedy against Eisenhower.
(b) He accepted.
(c) He stalled.
(d) He refused.
9. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
(a) End the Vietnam War as quickly as possible.
(b) Do not trust Nixon.
(c) To disband NASA.
(d) To not put too much money in the Apollo programs.
10. What did Eisenhower promise the American people in 1951 if he was elected, according to Chapter 13?
(a) To go to Korea to make peace.
(b) To repeal segregation.
(c) To bolster the aid to France in Indochina.
(d) To win the Korean War.
11. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
(a) To make more atomic weapons.
(b) To build more tanks.
(c) To build a carrier fleet.
(d) To build more rockets.
12. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
(a) The race to the moon.
(b) The Vietnam war.
(c) The arms race with the Russians.
(d) The Russian space program.
13. What was Eisenhower's son's name?
14. Who was the senate hearing interviewing at the start of Chapter 14?
(b) School teachers.
(d) Army personnel.
15. How many heart attacks did Eisenhower suffer while hospitalized?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Eisenhower forget about doing simple things?
2. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
3. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
4. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
5. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)