|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower refuse to allow to appear before the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) Any officer higher than captain.
(b) All generals.
(c) His personnel.
(d) His friends.
2. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
(a) Peace would not be the next President's main focus.
(b) The next President could not hesitate to launch the missiles.
(c) The next President would have to be strong.
(d) The next President could not be Communist.
3. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
(a) The Vietnam war.
(b) The Russian space program.
(c) The race to the moon.
(d) The arms race with the Russians.
4. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
(a) To see his grandchild more often.
(b) To hunt more often.
(c) To be with Mamie again.
(d) To be a free citizen.
5. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(b) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(c) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(d) Eisenhower broke his arm.
6. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
7. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
(a) Oppenheimer did his best.
(b) Oppenheimer stalled its development.
(c) Oppenheimer hid the results of the project.
(d) Oppenheimer sold secrets to the Russians.
8. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
9. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
(a) To close his eyes.
(b) To leave the room.
(c) To scatter his ashes at sea.
(d) To lift him to a sitting position.
10. What did Eisenhower fear would happen because of an increase in military spending?
(a) U.S.A. would have no choice but to attack Russia.
(b) The military would take control of the government.
(c) The military would not be capable of effectively fighting.
(d) U.S.A. would bankrupt itself.
11. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(b) That France was a loose canon.
(c) That they did trust each other.
(d) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
12. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
(a) Have an ambassador position.
(b) Try to undermine Nixon.
(c) Run for President again.
13. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
(a) To prevent a lynch mob from killing.
(b) To block African American access to the school.
(c) To allow African Americans access to the school.
(d) To prevent a federal court from meeting.
14. Who called the National Guard in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) The Arkansas board of education.
(b) A black student.
(c) The state senate.
(d) Governor Fabus.
15. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Poutin stopped the conference.
(b) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
(c) Khrushchev accepted the request.
(d) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
2. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
3. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
4. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
5. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)