|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Khrushchev accepted the request.
(b) Poutin stopped the conference.
(c) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
(d) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
2. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
(a) They did not trust them.
(b) They were pure.
(c) They were hidden.
(d) They were inconsequential.
3. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
(a) Peace would not be the next President's main focus.
(b) The next President could not be Communist.
(c) The next President could not hesitate to launch the missiles.
(d) The next President would have to be strong.
4. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
(a) An international peace treaty.
(b) The Soyouz Appolo missions.
(c) Atoms for Peace.
(d) Improve U.S. ballistic missiles.
5. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They reopened the school as segregated.
(b) They installed an all white security.
(c) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(d) They rebuilt the school.
6. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
7. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(b) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(c) Eisenhower broke his arm.
(d) Eisenhower had a stroke.
8. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(b) That France was a loose canon.
(c) That they did trust each other.
(d) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
9. How did Eisenhower see the signature of the armistice?
(a) As a personal shame.
(b) As a reason to consider resignation.
(c) As a defeat.
(d) As one of his proudest achievements.
10. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
(a) He broke an arm.
(b) He suffered a stroke.
(c) He broke his pelvis.
(d) He had a heart attack.
11. What was Eisenhower's last order to his son and grandson?
(a) To leave the room.
(b) To lift him to a sitting position.
(c) To scatter his ashes at sea.
(d) To close his eyes.
12. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
(a) Building more nuclear missiles.
(b) Ridding government offices of Communists.
(c) Trying to disgrace McCarthy.
(d) Hiring Communists for positions of public service.
13. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
(a) He accepted.
(b) He refused.
(c) He stalled.
(d) He tried to mount Kennedy against Eisenhower.
14. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(d) Atomic weapons.
15. What did Eisenhower think was more important than what the military was asking for?
(b) A balanced budget.
(c) His re-election bid.
(d) Long range bombers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower come to the conclusion of concerning the H bomb?
2. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
3. What did the Soviets think of Eisenhower's proposal, according to Chapter 13?
4. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
5. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)