|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
(a) Ridding government offices of Communists.
(b) Trying to disgrace McCarthy.
(c) Building more nuclear missiles.
(d) Hiring Communists for positions of public service.
2. Where did Eisenhower move after leaving the White House, in Chapter 22?
(b) A resort in Florida.
(c) A house in Seattle.
(d) The family's Gettysburg farm.
3. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
(a) The next President could not be Communist.
(b) The next President would have to be strong.
(c) The next President could not hesitate to launch the missiles.
(d) Peace would not be the next President's main focus.
4. What was Eisenhower happy about after leaving the White House?
(a) To be with Mamie again.
(b) To be a free citizen.
(c) To hunt more often.
(d) To see his grandchild more often.
5. What was Eisenhower giving advice on?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) Media relationships.
(d) The Cuba Crisis.
6. Where was Eisenhower hospitalized in 1969?
(a) Ronald Regan Hospital.
(b) St. Sulpice.
(c) St. Marie.
(d) Walter Reed Hospital.
7. What did Eisenhower think of a nuclear exchange with the USSR?
(a) NATO could prevent Soviet retaliation.
(b) There was a 54% chance of a first strike destroying the USSR's capacity to retaliate.
(c) No one could win.
(d) The U.S. could prevail with acceptable losses.
8. What Iranian prime minister did Eisenhower conflict with?
9. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
(a) Do not trust Nixon.
(b) To disband NASA.
(c) End the Vietnam War as quickly as possible.
(d) To not put too much money in the Apollo programs.
10. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
(a) They did not know the Russians like he did.
(b) They were not smart enough to be president.
(c) They could use the atom bomb too easily.
(d) They could not beat Nixon.
11. Who did the British agree to turn the canal over to after negotiating with Eisenhower?
(d) The U.S.
12. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
(a) The Russian space program.
(b) The Vietnam war.
(c) The arms race with the Russians.
(d) The race to the moon.
13. What did Eisenhower do during Nixon's campaign for President?
(a) He refused to endorse him.
(b) He fully endorsed him.
(c) He refused to get involved.
(d) He endorsed his opponent.
14. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
15. Who did Eisenhower want to sign a treaty with in 1958?
(b) East Germany.
(d) West Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower win over in the presidential election of 1956?
2. What did Eisenhower refuse to do, despite Khrushchev's ultimatum?
3. What did Eisenhower think was more important than what the military was asking for?
4. Who was next to Eisenhower at the end of his life?
5. What did Eisenhower try to convince Nixon of?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)