|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the British sign the cease fire in Egypt?
(a) November 5, 1957.
(b) The day of the 1956 presidential election.
(c) They never signed a cease fire.
(d) 2 days after Eisenhower was sworn into office.
2. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They reopened the school as segregated.
(b) They rebuilt the school.
(c) They installed an all white security.
(d) They built classes for the African Americans only.
3. Who did Eisenhower want to sign a treaty with in 1958?
(a) East Germany.
(c) West Germany.
4. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
(a) Try to undermine Nixon.
(b) Run for President again.
(c) Have an ambassador position.
5. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
(a) Eisenhower had a stroke.
(b) Eisenhower had a heart attack.
(c) Eisenhower broke his leg.
(d) Eisenhower broke his arm.
6. What was settled at the end of the Summit?
(a) The nuclear testing problem.
(c) The prisoner of war problem.
7. What did Eisenhower order the National Guard to do at Little Rock?
(a) To prevent a federal court from meeting.
(b) To prevent a lynch mob from killing.
(c) To block African American access to the school.
(d) To allow African Americans access to the school.
8. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He suffered a stroke.
(c) He broke his pelvis.
(d) He broke an arm.
9. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
(a) He groomed his replacement.
(b) He tried to maintain peace.
(c) He tried to trick the Soviets into surrendering.
(d) He planned for a first strike.
10. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
(a) Install a dictatorial regime in South Korea.
(b) Withdrawal; but continue funding South Korea.
(c) Continuing the war.
(d) A victory.
11. What did Eisenhower think the U.S. had enough of?
(b) Atomic weapons.
12. What was lost at the end of the senate hearing on Communism?
(a) The plans for the H bomb.
(b) Eisenhower's will to continue being President.
(c) McCarthy's credibility.
(d) All traces of Oppenheimer.
13. What did people have trouble comprehending, according to Eisenhower?
(a) The complexity of an atomic bomb.
(b) What M.A.D. was.
(c) What acceptable losses meant.
(d) The power of atomic weapons.
14. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
(a) End the Vietnam War as quickly as possible.
(b) To not put too much money in the Apollo programs.
(c) Do not trust Nixon.
(d) To disband NASA.
15. What did Arkansas do in September 1958 after the National Guard was recalled?
(a) They closed Central High School.
(b) They accepted the current situation.
(c) They burned the school.
(d) They fought in court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
2. What agency did Eisenhower decide to create?
3. What was France trying to get the U.S. to help with?
4. What was Eisenhower's main concern during 1958?
5. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)