|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(b) They rebuilt the school.
(c) They reopened the school as segregated.
(d) They installed an all white security.
2. What happened to Eisenhower in November 1957, according to Chapter 19?
(a) He suffered a stroke.
(b) He broke an arm.
(c) He broke his pelvis.
(d) He had a heart attack.
3. What idea did Eisenhower come up with to try to lower the threat of nuclear war?
(a) The Soyouz Appolo missions.
(b) Improve U.S. ballistic missiles.
(c) Atoms for Peace.
(d) An international peace treaty.
4. Whose grave did Eisenhower have moved to the plot that he and his wife picked?
(a) Their dog, Puffy.
(b) Their son's, Icky.
(c) Their daughter, Marie.
(d) No grave was moved.
5. What did Eisenhower refuse to do for the French?
(a) Use the H Bomb on Vietnam.
(b) Intervene in Algeria.
(c) Give them the back section of a submarine.
(d) Intervene in their internal affairs.
6. Who jumped in the Presidential race of 1969?
7. What happened after Eisenhower requested American scientists have access to more test sites in Soviet Russia?
(a) Khrushchev accepted the request.
(b) Stalin threatened Eisenhower.
(c) Poutin stopped the conference.
(d) Khrushchev stopped the conference.
8. How long did Eisenhower take to recuperate, physically?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 months.
9. Who was Eisenhower starting to investigate during the senate hearing?
(c) Military scientists.
(d) Military doctors.
10. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
(a) A summit in Berlin.
(b) A summit in London.
(c) A summit in Paris.
(d) A summit in Ankara.
11. What was the lasting effect of Eisenhower's medical problem?
(a) Difficulty walking.
(b) Reversal of syllables in long words.
(c) Numbness on one side.
(d) Not able to feel his hand.
12. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
(a) Supreme Court Ruling.
(b) A state court ruling.
(c) The right to segregation.
(d) The right to lynching.
13. How much of the Iranian oil did the U.S. secure after the involvement of the CIA?
14. What situation required Eisenhower's attention during his 1956 campaign?
(a) Mer el Kebir.
(b) The Suez Canal crisis.
(c) The invasion of Aifa.
(d) The Yom Kippur War.
15. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
(a) Had Oppenheimer exchanged for American agents.
(b) Promoted Fermi.
(c) Promoted Oppenheimer.
(d) Removed Oppenheimer from the H bomb project.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would the U.S. support if France and Britain did not agree to a cease fire, in Chapter 17?
2. Who did Eisenhower's investigation on Communist influence single out?
3. What advice did Eisenhower give the new President, in Chapter 23?
4. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
5. What did Eisenhower refuse to allow to appear before the senate hearing on Communism?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)