|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was damaged when Eisenhower made the deal over the control of North Africa?
(a) The 5th armored division.
(b) His relationship with the British.
(c) The battleship St. Louis.
(d) His relationship with MacArthur.
2. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
(b) The battle was lost.
(c) Germany surrendered.
(d) The Allies were put back at sea.
3. Who did Eisenhower hesitate to pull back during the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
(b) The Panama Canal.
(c) The Philippines.
(d) Washington D.C.
5. Who was Eisenhower introduced to at the start of Chapter 2?
(a) Fox Conner.
(b) F.D. Roosevelt.
(c) General MacArthur.
(d) Winston Churchill.
6. What battle did Montgomery's bickering jeopardize, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 6?
(a) Battle of Caen.
(b) The Battle of the Bulge.
(c) The invasion of North Africa.
(d) The invasion of Italy
7. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
(a) President of Columbia College.
(b) Consultant for Boeing corporation.
(c) Lobbist at Washington.
(d) Teacher at West Point.
8. How did Eisenhower finish the school?
(a) Second in his class.
(b) Last in his class.
(c) First in his class.
(d) He dropped out because of the war.
9. Who did Eisenhower make a deal with over North Africa?
(a) Admiral Darlan.
(b) General De Gaulle.
(c) Marechal Petain.
(d) Colonel Jousse.
10. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) June 7, 1944.
(b) January 17, 1945.
(c) June 6, 1944.
(d) August 24, 1944.
11. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
(a) They wanted to "Communize the world."
(b) They couldn't be trusted.
(c) Stalin was the only obstacle to normalized relationships.
(d) They were regular people and need to be treated as such.
12. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
(a) Germany would rise again.
(b) The Bolsheviks would be defeated in Russia.
(c) He would have a son in the next few years.
(d) He would never see another war in his lifetime.
13. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
(a) He was a good man.
(b) He was incompetent.
(c) He was the right man for the job.
(d) He was not the right man for the job.
14. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) George Marshall.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) Fox Conner.
15. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
(a) Army central command in Washington.
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Fort Lauderdale.
(d) Fort Sam Houston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
2. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
3. What was the only way to be successful in battle, according to Eisenhower?
4. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
5. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)