|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) The Philippines.
(d) The Panama Canal.
2. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Being a Communist spy.
(c) Being a war profiteer.
(d) Taking campaign contributions.
3. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
(a) General of the Armies.
(b) Chief of Staff.
(d) General of the Army.
4. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) Fox Conner.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) George Marshall.
5. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
(a) West Point.
(b) Command and General Staff School.
(c) The War Preparation School of the Army.
(d) The War College.
6. What happened on November 1, 1952?
(a) Eisenhower had his first heart attack.
(b) Nixon was elected President.
(c) Eisenhower was elected President.
(d) Eisenhower lost the presidential election.
7. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
(d) St. Petersburg.
8. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
9. How many brothers did Eisenhower have?
(a) 3 brothers.
(b) 6 brothers.
(c) 5 brothers.
(d) 1 brother.
10. What postponed the invasion of France for several days?
(a) Sabotage of the radar network of England.
(b) Delays in receiving vital information.
(d) Mechanical problems with the fleet.
11. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) The battle was lost.
(b) The Allies were put back at sea.
(c) Germany surrendered.
(d) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
12. What did President Truman ask Eisenhower to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Endorse him for President.
(b) Be his running mate for the election.
(c) Head NATO.
(d) Head the UN forces in Korea.
13. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
(a) Patton knew Eisenhower made a mistake in Kessering.
(c) Patton's relationship with the president.
(d) His friendship with Eisenhower.
14. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
(a) He favored Patton over Montgomery.
(b) He started drinking.
(c) An affair with his driver.
(d) He had cancer.
15. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
(a) He had her accepted in the Women's Army Corp.
(b) He got her U.S. citizenship.
(c) He helped find her a job.
(d) Married her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think of his new role as president?
2. What cost the allies dearly, according to the start of Chapter 7?
3. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
4. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
5. Who did Eisenhower talk about the importance of NATO with?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)