|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
(a) Only he could stop the war in Korea.
(b) The Democrats could not be allowed to win.
(c) Only he could understand Stalin.
(d) There was no Republican ready to handle the situation of the country.
2. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
(a) He started drinking.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He favored Patton over Montgomery.
(d) An affair with his driver.
3. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
(a) Army central command in Washington.
(b) Fort Sam Houston.
(c) The Philippines.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
4. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Manuel Guzman.
(b) Manual Quezon.
(c) Willian Helkel.
(d) Jose Quezon.
5. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
(a) British lower grade equipment.
(b) Patton's arrogance.
(c) British resistance to following his orders.
(d) Problems with the supply lines.
6. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
(a) To have John F. Kennedy run with Eisenhower.
(b) To have Eisenhower run as his vice president.
(c) To run as Eisenhower's vice president.
(d) To replace Nixon as vice president.
7. Who did Eisenhower trust too much, according to Chapter 7?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) De Gaulle.
8. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
9. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) June 7, 1944.
(b) January 17, 1945.
(c) June 6, 1944.
(d) August 24, 1944.
10. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
(b) Make peace with Stalin.
(c) Run for President.
(d) Win the Korean War.
11. What battle did Montgomery's bickering jeopardize, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 6?
(a) The Battle of the Bulge.
(b) The invasion of Italy
(c) Battle of Caen.
(d) The invasion of North Africa.
12. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
(a) His wife was sick.
(b) He could not handle the heat of the Philippines.
(c) He wanted to be promoted.
(d) He thought war was coming.
13. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
(a) Have them unsure of where he stands.
(b) Have Mamie off limits.
(c) Have them shut down.
(d) Have them ignore McCarthy.
14. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) Led troops into battle.
(b) Met F.D. Roosevelt.
(c) Visited London.
(d) Went to France.
15. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
(a) Supporting the French war effort in Indochina.
(b) Supporting the Korean War.
(c) Supporting the stopping of Communist propaganda.
(d) Supporting the troup buildup in West Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
2. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
3. How many brothers did Eisenhower have?
4. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
5. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)