|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
(a) President Coolidge personnal staff.
(b) Chester William Nimitz.
(c) Dwight D. Morrow
(d) Douglas MacArthur.
2. What was Eisenhower's main non-academic interest while in college?
3. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
(a) Only he could understand Stalin.
(b) Only he could stop the war in Korea.
(c) The Democrats could not be allowed to win.
(d) There was no Republican ready to handle the situation of the country.
4. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
(b) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
(c) He did not agree with the methods.
(d) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
5. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
(a) Speaking engagements.
(b) To be head of the joint chiefs.
(d) To accept an embassadorial posting.
6. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
(d) St. Petersburg.
7. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Using more air cover.
(b) Attacking on the left flank.
(c) Waiting for reinforcements.
(d) Taking more risks.
8. Who did Eisenhower hesitate to pull back during the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
9. How was Eisenhower's decision to allow the Bolsheviks to capture the city judged?
(a) It was widely criticized.
(b) It was ignored.
(c) It was accepted.
(d) It was praised.
10. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) August 24, 1944.
(b) June 7, 1944.
(c) June 6, 1944.
(d) January 17, 1945.
11. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
(a) Support his running mate.
(b) Drop out of the race.
(c) Change his pick for Vice President.
(d) Talk to the press before making any decisions.
12. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a public speech.
(b) After a public apology.
(c) After reading polls.
(d) After a private meeting.
13. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
(b) De Gaulle.
14. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) Went to France.
(b) Visited London.
(c) Led troops into battle.
(d) Met F.D. Roosevelt.
15. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
2. What was over at the start of Chapter 8?
3. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
4. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
5. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)