|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cost the allies dearly, according to the start of Chapter 7?
(a) The German counter offensive in the Ardennes.
(b) Patton's insubordination.
(c) Eisenhower's tolerance of Montgomery's insubordination.
(d) Eisenhower's incompetance.
2. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
(a) He was incompetent.
(b) He was a good man.
(c) He was not the right man for the job.
(d) He was the right man for the job.
3. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
4. What political party was Truman a member of?
5. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
(a) He got her U.S. citizenship.
(b) He had her accepted in the Women's Army Corp.
(c) He helped find her a job.
(d) Married her.
6. Whose troop does Chapter 5 say did not advance as far as expected?
(b) The Free French.
7. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(b) He did not agree with the methods.
(c) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
(d) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
8. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
(a) The eight little pigs.
(b) The nine musketeers.
(c) Eight millionaires and one plumber.
(d) The million dollar cabinet.
9. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Jose Quezon.
(b) Willian Helkel.
(c) Manuel Guzman.
(d) Manual Quezon.
10. Where was Eisenhower's son, John, before being recalled to Washington for his father's inauguration?
11. How was Eisenhower's decision to allow the Bolsheviks to capture the city judged?
(a) It was praised.
(b) It was ignored.
(c) It was widely criticized.
(d) It was accepted.
12. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
(a) The Bolsheviks would be defeated in Russia.
(b) He would never see another war in his lifetime.
(c) Germany would rise again.
(d) He would have a son in the next few years.
13. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
(a) Mark and Sophie.
(b) David and Sophie.
(c) John and Ida.
(d) David and Ida.
14. What did Eisenhower think of his new role as president?
(a) He could not wait to be back to civilian life again.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He had mix feelings about it.
15. How did Eisenhower compare the bureaucracy at his new job to that of the military bureaucracy during the war?
(a) The bureaucracy during the war was more bloated.
(b) The bureaucracy during the war was easier to understand.
(c) The bureaucracy during the war was faster.
(d) The bureaucracy during the war was slower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower pick to be his running mate for the 1952 election, in Chapter 10?
2. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
3. What was at an all time high, according to Chapter 8?
4. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
5. Where did the Allies land in France?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)