|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
(a) He was a good man.
(b) He was not the right man for the job.
(c) He was incompetent.
(d) He was the right man for the job.
2. During what battle did Eisenhower's hesitation almost cost him victory in Chapter 4?
(b) El Kebir.
(c) The Bulge.
3. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
(a) David and Ida.
(b) Mark and Sophie.
(c) David and Sophie.
(d) John and Ida.
4. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
5. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
6. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
(b) Lieutenant General.
(c) Full General.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel.
7. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
(a) Speaking engagements.
(c) To be head of the joint chiefs.
(d) To accept an embassadorial posting.
8. Who did Eisenhower's hesitation allow to escape in the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
9. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Attacking on the left flank.
(b) Using more air cover.
(c) Taking more risks.
(d) Waiting for reinforcements.
10. What was over at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) The Panama Crisis.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Vietnam War.
11. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
(a) The Bolsheviks would be defeated in Russia.
(b) He would have a son in the next few years.
(c) He would never see another war in his lifetime.
(d) Germany would rise again.
12. What did Eisenhower realize before deciding to run for President?
(a) Only he could stop the war in Korea.
(b) Only he could understand Stalin.
(c) There was no Republican ready to handle the situation of the country.
(d) The Democrats could not be allowed to win.
13. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a private meeting.
(b) After a public speech.
(c) After a public apology.
(d) After reading polls.
14. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
(b) He did not agree with the methods.
(c) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(d) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
15. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) June 7, 1944.
(b) January 17, 1945.
(c) August 24, 1944.
(d) June 6, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
3. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
4. What was damaged when Eisenhower made the deal over the control of North Africa?
5. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)