|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) Germany surrendered.
(b) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
(c) The Allies were put back at sea.
(d) The battle was lost.
2. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
(a) Supporting the French war effort in Indochina.
(b) Supporting the stopping of Communist propaganda.
(c) Supporting the Korean War.
(d) Supporting the troup buildup in West Germany.
3. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
(a) He got her U.S. citizenship.
(b) He had her accepted in the Women's Army Corp.
(c) He helped find her a job.
(d) Married her.
4. What political party was Truman a member of?
5. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(b) The Germans needed to be surprised.
(c) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
(d) The junior officers needed to step up.
6. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
(a) Requests for interviews.
(b) Death threats.
(c) Requests to run for president.
(d) Love letters.
7. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
(a) Put his friends in key positions.
(b) Balance the budget.
(c) Allocate more money to the military.
(d) Stop the Korean war.
8. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
(a) Patton's relationship with the president.
(b) His friendship with Eisenhower.
(d) Patton knew Eisenhower made a mistake in Kessering.
9. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
(a) Chief of Staff.
(b) General of the Army.
(c) General of the Armies.
10. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
(a) He sent a bill to the senate to prevent it from corrupting the political process.
(b) He ignored it to avoid giving him too much press.
(c) Eisenhower resigned his position.
(d) The Marine Corp was mobilized.
11. When did World War I end?
(a) May 24, 1918.
(b) July 8th, 1918.
(c) November 11, 1918.
(d) October 24, 1918.
12. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
(a) The eight little pigs.
(b) The nine musketeers.
(c) The million dollar cabinet.
(d) Eight millionaires and one plumber.
13. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Patton's arrogance.
(b) British lower grade equipment.
(c) British resistance to following his orders.
(d) Problems with the supply lines.
14. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
(a) At the 1st Infantry Regiment of the 22nd Division.
(b) At the 6th Mechanized Regiment of the 2nd Division.
(c) At the 7th Mechanized Regiment of the 8nd Division.
(d) At the 15th Infantry Regiment of the 3rd Division.
15. What happened on November 1, 1952?
(a) Eisenhower had his first heart attack.
(b) Eisenhower was elected President.
(c) Eisenhower lost the presidential election.
(d) Nixon was elected President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
2. What was over at the start of Chapter 8?
3. What postponed the invasion of France for several days?
4. Who did Eisenhower struggle with during the invasion of France?
5. Who was Eisenhower introduced to at the start of Chapter 2?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)