|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(b) He did not agree with the methods.
(c) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
(d) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
2. What was over at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) The Panama Crisis.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Korean War.
3. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
4. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Willian Helkel.
(b) Manuel Guzman.
(c) Jose Quezon.
(d) Manual Quezon.
5. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
(a) Eisenhower resigned his position.
(b) He ignored it to avoid giving him too much press.
(c) He sent a bill to the senate to prevent it from corrupting the political process.
(d) The Marine Corp was mobilized.
6. What political party was Truman a member of?
7. Who did Eisenhower trust too much, according to Chapter 7?
(a) De Gaulle.
(b) The Germans.
(d) The Russians.
8. What did Eisenhower think of his new role as president?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He had mix feelings about it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He could not wait to be back to civilian life again.
9. What was the only way to be successful in battle, according to Eisenhower?
(a) By having air superiority.
(b) By being fit and having the best weapons.
(c) By having the soldiers understand why they were fighting.
(d) By having sufficient aircraft carriers.
10. What was burned at one point of Eisenhower's first term?
11. When did World War I end?
(a) May 24, 1918.
(b) November 11, 1918.
(c) July 8th, 1918.
(d) October 24, 1918.
12. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
(a) Support his running mate.
(b) Talk to the press before making any decisions.
(c) Change his pick for Vice President.
(d) Drop out of the race.
13. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
(a) Allocate more money to the military.
(b) Put his friends in key positions.
(c) Balance the budget.
(d) Stop the Korean war.
14. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
(a) He was happy for Eisenhower.
(b) He thought Eisenhower was too soft on Communists.
(c) He did not think Eisenhower could handle the presidency.
(d) He thought Eisenhower made a mistake in choosing Nixon.
15. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
(a) Supreme Commander of the Allied forces.
(b) Supreme General.
(c) Staff Sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
3. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
4. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
5. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)