|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower struggle with during the invasion of France?
(a) Churchill and Brooks.
(b) Montgomery and De Gaulle.
(c) Montgomery and Brooks.
(d) Churchill and De Gaulle.
2. Where did the Allies land in France?
(b) Pas de Calais.
3. Who did Eisenhower make a deal with over North Africa?
(a) Colonel Jousse.
(b) Admiral Darlan.
(c) Marechal Petain.
(d) General De Gaulle.
4. What political party was Truman a member of?
5. How did Eisenhower react to President Truman's request?
(a) He was saddened.
(b) He was disgusted.
(c) He was thrilled.
(d) He was concerned.
6. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
(a) Supporting the stopping of Communist propaganda.
(b) Supporting the French war effort in Indochina.
(c) Supporting the Korean War.
(d) Supporting the troup buildup in West Germany.
7. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Manual Quezon.
(b) Jose Quezon.
(c) Willian Helkel.
(d) Manuel Guzman.
8. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
(b) To accept an embassadorial posting.
(c) Speaking engagements.
(d) To be head of the joint chiefs.
9. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
(a) George Marshall.
(b) Sam Houston.
(c) Fox Conner.
(d) Douglas MacArthur.
10. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
11. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
(b) St. Petersburg.
12. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) The Allies were put back at sea.
(b) Germany surrendered.
(c) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
(d) The battle was lost.
13. Who worked to have Eisenhower's son, John, come back for his father's inauguration?
(a) Eisenhower himself.
(c) The Chief of Staff of President Truman.
(d) President Truman.
14. Who did Eisenhower's hesitation allow to escape in the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
15. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
(a) Lobbist at Washington.
(b) Consultant for Boeing corporation.
(c) Teacher at West Point.
(d) President of Columbia College.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
2. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
3. How did Eisenhower finish the school?
4. What battle did Montgomery's bickering jeopardize, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 6?
5. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)