|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The junior officers needed to step up.
(b) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(c) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
(d) The Germans needed to be surprised.
2. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After reading polls.
(b) After a public speech.
(c) After a public apology.
(d) After a private meeting.
3. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
(a) Requests to run for president.
(b) Death threats.
(c) Love letters.
(d) Requests for interviews.
4. Where did the Allies land in France?
(c) Pas de Calais.
5. What was Eisenhower trying to do during the first year of his first term?
(a) Allocate more money to the military.
(b) Put his friends in key positions.
(c) Balance the budget.
(d) Stop the Korean war.
6. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
(a) Stalin was the only obstacle to normalized relationships.
(b) They wanted to "Communize the world."
(c) They were regular people and need to be treated as such.
(d) They couldn't be trusted.
7. Who did Eisenhower's hesitation allow to escape in the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
8. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
(a) He was incompetent.
(b) He was the right man for the job.
(c) He was a good man.
(d) He was not the right man for the job.
9. How did Eisenhower finish the school?
(a) First in his class.
(b) He dropped out because of the war.
(c) Second in his class.
(d) Last in his class.
10. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Taking more risks.
(b) Waiting for reinforcements.
(c) Attacking on the left flank.
(d) Using more air cover.
11. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
(a) He was a libertarian.
(b) He was unaffiliated.
(c) He was a Republican.
(d) He was a Democrat.
12. Who did Eisenhower try to maintain friendly relations with?
(c) Soviet Russia.
13. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) June 6, 1944.
(b) June 7, 1944.
(c) August 24, 1944.
(d) January 17, 1945.
14. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
(a) Supreme General.
(b) Staff Sergeant.
(d) Supreme Commander of the Allied forces.
15. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do between the time he retired from the army and the time he accepted his next job?
2. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
3. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
4. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
5. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)