|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
(a) He ignored it to avoid giving him too much press.
(b) He sent a bill to the senate to prevent it from corrupting the political process.
(c) The Marine Corp was mobilized.
(d) Eisenhower resigned his position.
2. Who did Eisenhower try to maintain friendly relations with?
(b) Soviet Russia.
3. Who did Eisenhower's hesitation allow to escape in the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
(a) He was a Republican.
(b) He was a libertarian.
(c) He was unaffiliated.
(d) He was a Democrat.
5. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
(a) Talk to the press before making any decisions.
(b) Drop out of the race.
(c) Support his running mate.
(d) Change his pick for Vice President.
6. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
(a) He increased it.
(b) He delegated its calculation to Joe Fox.
(c) He cut it.
(d) He tried to keep it the same.
7. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Waiting for reinforcements.
(b) Taking more risks.
(c) Attacking on the left flank.
(d) Using more air cover.
8. What did Eisenhower do between the time he retired from the army and the time he accepted his next job?
(a) Toured the U.S. doing speeches.
(b) Tried to start a farm.
(c) Traveled with his wife.
(d) Wrote his memoirs.
9. What did Eisenhower think of his new role as president?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He could not wait to be back to civilian life again.
(c) He had mix feelings about it.
(d) He hated it.
10. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
(a) He could not handle the heat of the Philippines.
(b) His wife was sick.
(c) He thought war was coming.
(d) He wanted to be promoted.
11. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
(a) Teacher at West Point.
(b) President of Columbia College.
(c) Consultant for Boeing corporation.
(d) Lobbist at Washington.
12. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) New York.
13. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
(a) He was not the right man for the job.
(b) He was the right man for the job.
(c) He was incompetent.
(d) He was a good man.
14. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
(a) General of the Armies.
(b) General of the Army.
(d) Chief of Staff.
15. What was over at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Panama Crisis.
(d) The Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower decide would need to happen for him to run for President?
2. What was Eisenhower called by those who wanted him to run for President?
3. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
4. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
5. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)