|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
(a) At the 7th Mechanized Regiment of the 8nd Division.
(b) At the 15th Infantry Regiment of the 3rd Division.
(c) At the 6th Mechanized Regiment of the 2nd Division.
(d) At the 1st Infantry Regiment of the 22nd Division.
2. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
(a) To be head of the joint chiefs.
(b) Speaking engagements.
(d) To accept an embassadorial posting.
3. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
4. How was Eisenhower's decision to allow the Bolsheviks to capture the city judged?
(a) It was widely criticized.
(b) It was praised.
(c) It was accepted.
(d) It was ignored.
5. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
(a) Talk to the press before making any decisions.
(b) Support his running mate.
(c) Change his pick for Vice President.
(d) Drop out of the race.
6. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
(a) They couldn't be trusted.
(b) They were regular people and need to be treated as such.
(c) They wanted to "Communize the world."
(d) Stalin was the only obstacle to normalized relationships.
7. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
(a) The Marine Corp was mobilized.
(b) He ignored it to avoid giving him too much press.
(c) He sent a bill to the senate to prevent it from corrupting the political process.
(d) Eisenhower resigned his position.
8. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
(a) Joe McCarthy.
(b) Harry Truman.
(d) Richard Nixon.
9. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
(a) An affair with his driver.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He favored Patton over Montgomery.
(d) He started drinking.
10. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Peace with the Soviet Union.
(b) A fleet of 12 aircraft carriers.
(c) A good relationship with the French.
(d) A strong military presence in Germany.
11. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(b) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
(c) He did not agree with the methods.
(d) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
12. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Problems with the supply lines.
(b) British lower grade equipment.
(c) Patton's arrogance.
(d) British resistance to following his orders.
13. What was Eisenhower called by those who wanted him to run for President?
(a) The best man.
(b) The only man.
(c) The best choice.
(d) Second best.
14. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
(a) Army central command in Washington.
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Fort Sam Houston.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
15. Who did Eisenhower make a deal with over North Africa?
(a) General De Gaulle.
(b) Colonel Jousse.
(c) Admiral Darlan.
(d) Marechal Petain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
2. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
3. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
4. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
5. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)