|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
(a) He sent a bill to the senate to prevent it from corrupting the political process.
(b) Eisenhower resigned his position.
(c) He ignored it to avoid giving him too much press.
(d) The Marine Corp was mobilized.
2. Where did the Allies land in France?
(c) Pas de Calais.
3. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
(a) Requests for interviews.
(b) Love letters.
(c) Death threats.
(d) Requests to run for president.
4. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
(a) To replace Nixon as vice president.
(b) To run as Eisenhower's vice president.
(c) To have John F. Kennedy run with Eisenhower.
(d) To have Eisenhower run as his vice president.
5. What was damaged when Eisenhower made the deal over the control of North Africa?
(a) The battleship St. Louis.
(b) His relationship with MacArthur.
(c) The 5th armored division.
(d) His relationship with the British.
6. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
(a) After Eisenhower refused to salute MacArthur.
(b) After MacArthur was passed over in favor in Eisenhower.
(c) After MacArthur was refused more troops.
(d) After the "debacle on the island."
7. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
(a) Liberation of France.
(b) The good relationship with Montgomery.
(c) His friendship with Patton.
(d) Getting to Berlin before the Russians.
8. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Dwight D. Morrow
(c) President Coolidge personnal staff.
(d) Chester William Nimitz.
9. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
(b) General of the Armies.
(c) General of the Army.
(d) Chief of Staff.
10. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
(a) Command and General Staff School.
(b) West Point.
(c) The War Preparation School of the Army.
(d) The War College.
11. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
(a) The million dollar cabinet.
(b) The nine musketeers.
(c) The eight little pigs.
(d) Eight millionaires and one plumber.
12. What did Eisenhower do between the time he retired from the army and the time he accepted his next job?
(a) Wrote his memoirs.
(b) Tried to start a farm.
(c) Toured the U.S. doing speeches.
(d) Traveled with his wife.
13. Who did Eisenhower try to maintain friendly relations with?
(c) Soviet Russia.
14. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Willian Helkel.
(b) Jose Quezon.
(c) Manual Quezon.
(d) Manuel Guzman.
15. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower make a deal with over North Africa?
2. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
3. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
4. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
5. How did Eisenhower compare the bureaucracy at his new job to that of the military bureaucracy during the war?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)