|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
(a) Lobbist at Washington.
(b) President of Columbia College.
(c) Consultant for Boeing corporation.
(d) Teacher at West Point.
2. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
(b) Lieutenant General.
(c) Full General.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel.
3. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
(a) Supreme Commander of the Allied forces.
(b) Staff Sergeant.
(c) Supreme General.
4. What was burned at one point of Eisenhower's first term?
5. Who did Eisenhower trust too much, according to Chapter 7?
(a) De Gaulle.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Russians.
6. How many brothers did Eisenhower have?
(a) 3 brothers.
(b) 1 brother.
(c) 6 brothers.
(d) 5 brothers.
7. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a public speech.
(b) After a private meeting.
(c) After a public apology.
(d) After reading polls.
8. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
(b) New York.
(d) Kansas City.
9. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
10. What cost the allies dearly, according to the start of Chapter 7?
(a) The German counter offensive in the Ardennes.
(b) Eisenhower's incompetance.
(c) Eisenhower's tolerance of Montgomery's insubordination.
(d) Patton's insubordination.
11. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
(a) He favored Patton over Montgomery.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He started drinking.
(d) An affair with his driver.
12. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
(a) Supporting the French war effort in Indochina.
(b) Supporting the Korean War.
(c) Supporting the stopping of Communist propaganda.
(d) Supporting the troup buildup in West Germany.
13. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
(a) His friendship with Patton.
(b) The good relationship with Montgomery.
(c) Liberation of France.
(d) Getting to Berlin before the Russians.
14. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
(a) He favored Montgomery.
(b) He tried to keep them both happy.
(c) He favored Patton.
(d) He tried to have them talk to each other.
15. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
(d) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
2. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
3. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
4. Who did Eisenhower talk about the importance of NATO with?
5. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)