|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
(a) He was a libertarian.
(b) He was a Republican.
(c) He was unaffiliated.
(d) He was a Democrat.
2. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
(a) St. Petersburg.
3. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
(a) De Gaulle.
4. What did Eisenhower decide would need to happen for him to run for President?
(a) Truman would have to renounce to seek reelection.
(b) The Russians would have to attack another country unprovoked.
(c) To become clear it was his duty to run.
(d) Richard Nixon would have to be his running mate.
5. What was Eisenhower called by those who wanted him to run for President?
(a) The best choice.
(b) The best man.
(c) The only man.
(d) Second best.
6. What was damaged when Eisenhower made the deal over the control of North Africa?
(a) His relationship with the British.
(b) The battleship St. Louis.
(c) His relationship with MacArthur.
(d) The 5th armored division.
7. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
(a) Fox Conner.
(b) George Marshall.
(c) Sam Houston.
(d) Douglas MacArthur.
8. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
(a) He could not handle the heat of the Philippines.
(b) His wife was sick.
(c) He thought war was coming.
(d) He wanted to be promoted.
9. Who did Eisenhower hesitate to pull back during the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
10. Who worked to have Eisenhower's son, John, come back for his father's inauguration?
(a) The Chief of Staff of President Truman.
(c) President Truman.
(d) Eisenhower himself.
11. Who did Eisenhower meet several months before being reassigned to Georgia?
(a) F.D. Roosevelt.
(b) His future second in command during WWII.
(c) His future wife.
12. When was Eisenhower supposed to leave for France in 1918?
(a) November 18.
(b) May 12.
(c) October 6.
(d) January 26.
13. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
14. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(b) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
(c) He did not agree with the methods.
(d) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
15. Who did Eisenhower talk about the importance of NATO with?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did World War I end?
2. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
3. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
4. Who did Eisenhower struggle with during the invasion of France?
5. What cost the allies dearly, according to the start of Chapter 7?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)