|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) His math skills.
(b) His birth place.
(c) His sanity.
(d) His loyalty.
2. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
(a) Have them unsure of where he stands.
(b) Have Mamie off limits.
(c) Have them ignore McCarthy.
(d) Have them shut down.
3. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
(a) Fall 1952.
(b) Spring 1951.
(c) Spring 1952.
(d) October 1951.
4. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
(a) The War Preparation School of the Army.
(b) West Point.
(c) The War College.
(d) Command and General Staff School.
5. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
(a) He could not handle the heat of the Philippines.
(b) His wife was sick.
(c) He thought war was coming.
(d) He wanted to be promoted.
6. What political party was Truman a member of?
7. When did World War I end?
(a) July 8th, 1918.
(b) November 11, 1918.
(c) May 24, 1918.
(d) October 24, 1918.
8. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
(a) Harry Truman.
(b) Joe McCarthy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
9. Who did Eisenhower's hesitation allow to escape in the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
10. What was Eisenhower's main non-academic interest while in college?
11. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) Lieutenant General.
(d) Full General.
12. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
(b) The junior officers needed to step up.
(c) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(d) The Germans needed to be surprised.
13. What was burned at one point of Eisenhower's first term?
14. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
(a) Chester William Nimitz.
(b) Dwight D. Morrow
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) President Coolidge personnal staff.
15. How did Eisenhower react to President Truman's request?
(a) He was saddened.
(b) He was concerned.
(c) He was thrilled.
(d) He was disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What command did Eisenhower finally take in England?
2. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
3. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
4. What was Eisenhower's running mate accused of?
5. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)