|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower's son, John, before being recalled to Washington for his father's inauguration?
2. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His math skills.
(c) His birth place.
(d) His sanity.
3. What battle did Montgomery's bickering jeopardize, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 6?
(a) The Battle of the Bulge.
(b) The invasion of North Africa.
(c) Battle of Caen.
(d) The invasion of Italy
4. During what battle did Eisenhower's hesitation almost cost him victory in Chapter 4?
(a) The Bulge.
(c) El Kebir.
5. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
6. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
(a) Supporting the stopping of Communist propaganda.
(b) Supporting the Korean War.
(c) Supporting the troup buildup in West Germany.
(d) Supporting the French war effort in Indochina.
7. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
(a) He was a good man.
(b) He was the right man for the job.
(c) He was not the right man for the job.
(d) He was incompetent.
8. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A strong military presence in Germany.
(b) Peace with the Soviet Union.
(c) A good relationship with the French.
(d) A fleet of 12 aircraft carriers.
9. Where did the Allies land in France?
(b) Pas de Calais.
10. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Using more air cover.
(b) Taking more risks.
(c) Attacking on the left flank.
(d) Waiting for reinforcements.
11. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
(a) Have them shut down.
(b) Have Mamie off limits.
(c) Have them ignore McCarthy.
(d) Have them unsure of where he stands.
12. What political party was Truman a member of?
13. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
(a) Stalin was the only obstacle to normalized relationships.
(b) They were regular people and need to be treated as such.
(c) They couldn't be trusted.
(d) They wanted to "Communize the world."
14. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) June 7, 1944.
(b) August 24, 1944.
(c) January 17, 1945.
(d) June 6, 1944.
15. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
(a) Love letters.
(b) Requests to run for president.
(c) Death threats.
(d) Requests for interviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
2. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
3. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
4. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
5. What was Eisenhower's first assignment after entering the Army?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)