|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only way to be successful in battle, according to Eisenhower?
(a) By having the soldiers understand why they were fighting.
(b) By being fit and having the best weapons.
(c) By having sufficient aircraft carriers.
(d) By having air superiority.
2. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
(a) At the 6th Mechanized Regiment of the 2nd Division.
(b) At the 7th Mechanized Regiment of the 8nd Division.
(c) At the 15th Infantry Regiment of the 3rd Division.
(d) At the 1st Infantry Regiment of the 22nd Division.
3. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Waiting for reinforcements.
(b) Attacking on the left flank.
(c) Using more air cover.
(d) Taking more risks.
4. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
5. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
(a) He got her U.S. citizenship.
(b) He had her accepted in the Women's Army Corp.
(c) He helped find her a job.
(d) Married her.
6. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
(a) To have Eisenhower run as his vice president.
(b) To run as Eisenhower's vice president.
(c) To have John F. Kennedy run with Eisenhower.
(d) To replace Nixon as vice president.
7. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
(a) The good relationship with Montgomery.
(b) His friendship with Patton.
(c) Liberation of France.
(d) Getting to Berlin before the Russians.
8. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
(a) Supporting the Korean War.
(b) Supporting the French war effort in Indochina.
(c) Supporting the stopping of Communist propaganda.
(d) Supporting the troup buildup in West Germany.
9. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
(a) Have Mamie off limits.
(b) Have them ignore McCarthy.
(c) Have them shut down.
(d) Have them unsure of where he stands.
10. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Patton's arrogance.
(b) Problems with the supply lines.
(c) British lower grade equipment.
(d) British resistance to following his orders.
11. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a public speech.
(b) After reading polls.
(c) After a public apology.
(d) After a private meeting.
12. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
(b) The battle was lost.
(c) Germany surrendered.
(d) The Allies were put back at sea.
13. What was Eisenhower's main non-academic interest while in college?
14. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
(a) Spring 1952.
(b) Spring 1951.
(c) October 1951.
(d) Fall 1952.
15. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
(b) Chief of Staff.
(c) General of the Armies.
(d) General of the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
3. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
4. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
5. Who did Eisenhower hesitate to pull back during the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)