|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
(c) De Gaulle.
2. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
(a) Run for President.
(b) Make peace with Stalin.
(c) Win the Korean War.
3. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
(b) Full General.
(c) Lieutenant General.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel.
4. Where was Eisenhower stationed when Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941?
(a) At the 7th Mechanized Regiment of the 8nd Division.
(b) At the 1st Infantry Regiment of the 22nd Division.
(c) At the 6th Mechanized Regiment of the 2nd Division.
(d) At the 15th Infantry Regiment of the 3rd Division.
5. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
(a) Harry Truman.
(c) Joe McCarthy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
6. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
(a) Have them unsure of where he stands.
(b) Have them ignore McCarthy.
(c) Have Mamie off limits.
(d) Have them shut down.
7. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The junior officers needed to step up.
(b) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(c) The Germans needed to be surprised.
(d) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
8. What was burned at one point of Eisenhower's first term?
9. What was Eisenhower doing while the burnings occurred in his first term?
(a) Supporting the troup buildup in West Germany.
(b) Supporting the French war effort in Indochina.
(c) Supporting the Korean War.
(d) Supporting the stopping of Communist propaganda.
10. What happened on November 1, 1952?
(a) Eisenhower was elected President.
(b) Eisenhower had his first heart attack.
(c) Nixon was elected President.
(d) Eisenhower lost the presidential election.
11. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
(a) Requests for interviews.
(b) Death threats.
(c) Love letters.
(d) Requests to run for president.
12. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a private meeting.
(b) After reading polls.
(c) After a public speech.
(d) After a public apology.
13. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
(a) August 24, 1944.
(b) January 17, 1945.
(c) June 6, 1944.
(d) June 7, 1944.
14. Where was Eisenhower's son, John, before being recalled to Washington for his father's inauguration?
15. Who was the leader of the Philippine Commonwealth?
(a) Willian Helkel.
(b) Manual Quezon.
(c) Manuel Guzman.
(d) Jose Quezon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
2. Who did Eisenhower make a deal with over North Africa?
3. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
4. How did Eisenhower compare the bureaucracy at his new job to that of the military bureaucracy during the war?
5. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)