|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
2. What was Eisenhower trying to have both sides of the crisis he faced during his first term think?
(a) That he was on their side.
(b) That he preferred McCarthy.
(c) That he wanted them to settle it in the senate.
(d) That he didn't care.
3. What did Eisenhower think of his new role as president?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He had mix feelings about it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He could not wait to be back to civilian life again.
4. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
(a) He got her U.S. citizenship.
(b) He had her accepted in the Women's Army Corp.
(c) Married her.
(d) He helped find her a job.
5. How did Eisenhower finish the school?
(a) Second in his class.
(b) First in his class.
(c) Last in his class.
(d) He dropped out because of the war.
6. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Patton's arrogance.
(b) British lower grade equipment.
(c) British resistance to following his orders.
(d) Problems with the supply lines.
7. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
(a) The million dollar cabinet.
(b) The nine musketeers.
(c) Eight millionaires and one plumber.
(d) The eight little pigs.
8. What city did Eisenhower allow the Bolsheviks to capture?
(d) St. Petersburg.
9. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) President Coolidge personnal staff.
(c) Chester William Nimitz.
(d) Dwight D. Morrow
10. When was Eisenhower supposed to leave for France in 1918?
(a) January 26.
(b) November 18.
(c) October 6.
(d) May 12.
11. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
12. What battle did Montgomery's bickering jeopardize, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 6?
(a) Battle of Caen.
(b) The Battle of the Bulge.
(c) The invasion of North Africa.
(d) The invasion of Italy
13. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
(a) After the "debacle on the island."
(b) After MacArthur was refused more troops.
(c) After MacArthur was passed over in favor in Eisenhower.
(d) After Eisenhower refused to salute MacArthur.
14. What rumor arose during World War II concerning Eisenhower?
(a) An affair with his driver.
(b) He started drinking.
(c) He favored Patton over Montgomery.
(d) He had cancer.
15. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
(a) His friendship with Patton.
(b) The good relationship with Montgomery.
(c) Getting to Berlin before the Russians.
(d) Liberation of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
2. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
3. How was Eisenhower's decision to allow the Bolsheviks to capture the city judged?
4. What action would have allowed Eisenhower to win the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
5. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)