|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
(a) He was a Republican.
(b) He was a Democrat.
(c) He was unaffiliated.
(d) He was a libertarian.
2. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
(a) He increased it.
(b) He delegated its calculation to Joe Fox.
(c) He cut it.
(d) He tried to keep it the same.
3. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
(a) The nine musketeers.
(b) Eight millionaires and one plumber.
(c) The eight little pigs.
(d) The million dollar cabinet.
4. Where was Eisenhower's son, John, before being recalled to Washington for his father's inauguration?
5. What was at an all time high, according to Chapter 8?
(a) The influence of Stalin.
(b) His good relationship with De Gaulle.
(c) Eisenhower's popularity.
(d) The Soviet infiltration of America.
6. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
7. Why was Eisenhower troubled by the Communist hunt at the start of his first term?
(a) The hunt was spearheaded by a Democrat.
(b) He did not agree with the methods.
(c) He wanted to be the one fighting the Communists.
(d) He did not think Communists infiltrated the country.
8. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
(a) President Coolidge personnal staff.
(b) Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Chester William Nimitz.
(d) Dwight D. Morrow
9. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
(a) To accept an embassadorial posting.
(b) Speaking engagements.
(c) To be head of the joint chiefs.
10. When did World War I end?
(a) July 8th, 1918.
(b) November 11, 1918.
(c) May 24, 1918.
(d) October 24, 1918.
11. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
(a) He could not handle the heat of the Philippines.
(b) His wife was sick.
(c) He thought war was coming.
(d) He wanted to be promoted.
12. Whose troop does Chapter 5 say did not advance as far as expected?
(d) The Free French.
13. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
(a) The Philippines.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) The Panama Canal.
14. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel.
(b) Full General.
(d) Lieutenant General.
15. During what battle did Eisenhower's hesitation almost cost him victory in Chapter 4?
(a) El Kebir.
(d) The Bulge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
2. What did Eisenhower do for Kay, according to Chapter 8?
3. What was burned at one point of Eisenhower's first term?
4. What did people start to doubt about Eisenhower at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)