|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cost the allies dearly, according to the start of Chapter 7?
(a) Eisenhower's incompetance.
(b) The German counter offensive in the Ardennes.
(c) Patton's insubordination.
(d) Eisenhower's tolerance of Montgomery's insubordination.
2. What was the only way to be successful in battle, according to Eisenhower?
(a) By having the soldiers understand why they were fighting.
(b) By being fit and having the best weapons.
(c) By having air superiority.
(d) By having sufficient aircraft carriers.
3. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
(a) He delegated its calculation to Joe Fox.
(b) He tried to keep it the same.
(c) He cut it.
(d) He increased it.
4. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) The Allies were put back at sea.
(b) Germany surrendered.
(c) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
(d) The battle was lost.
5. How did Eisenhower compare the bureaucracy at his new job to that of the military bureaucracy during the war?
(a) The bureaucracy during the war was more bloated.
(b) The bureaucracy during the war was easier to understand.
(c) The bureaucracy during the war was faster.
(d) The bureaucracy during the war was slower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
2. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
3. Where was Eisenhower's son, John, before being recalled to Washington for his father's inauguration?
4. Who was Eisenhower introduced to at the start of Chapter 2?
5. Who called the National Guard in Arkansas in September 1957?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)