|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower try to set up to prevent an arms race between the U.S. and the Soviets?
(a) An exchange of prisoners.
(b) Information on the whereabouts of Oppenheimer.
(c) Information on German war prisoners.
(d) Open air skies to allow reconnaissance missions.
2. In what town did Eisenhower spend his youth?
(c) Kansas City.
(d) New York.
3. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
(a) To be head of the joint chiefs.
(b) To accept an embassadorial posting.
(d) Speaking engagements.
4. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
5. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
(a) General of the Armies.
(b) Chief of Staff.
(c) General of the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eisenhower assigned to after finishing his schooling in 1926?
2. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
3. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
4. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
5. Why did the U.S. military want more money?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)