|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
(a) He cut it.
(b) He increased it.
(c) He delegated its calculation to Joe Fox.
(d) He tried to keep it the same.
2. How did Nixon respond to Eisenhower's request concerning the 1956 election?
(a) He refused.
(b) He tried to mount Kennedy against Eisenhower.
(c) He accepted.
(d) He stalled.
3. What was the only way to be successful in battle, according to Eisenhower?
(a) By having the soldiers understand why they were fighting.
(b) By being fit and having the best weapons.
(c) By having air superiority.
(d) By having sufficient aircraft carriers.
4. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) Went to France.
(b) Visited London.
(c) Led troops into battle.
(d) Met F.D. Roosevelt.
5. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
2. What was the topic of the conference in which the Russians agreed to participate in 1958?
3. What political party was Truman a member of?
4. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
5. Who worked to have Eisenhower's son, John, come back for his father's inauguration?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)