|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
(a) Give Iran weapons to fight its insurgency.
(b) Invade Iran.
(c) Take the main port to pressure the Shah.
(d) Oust Mossadegh and return the shah to power.
2. When did Eisenhower decide to run for President?
(a) October 1951.
(b) Fall 1952.
(c) Spring 1952.
(d) Spring 1951.
3. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
4. When did World War I end?
(a) November 11, 1918.
(b) October 24, 1918.
(c) May 24, 1918.
(d) July 8th, 1918.
5. When did the relationship between Eisenhower and MacArthur sour?
(a) After Eisenhower refused to salute MacArthur.
(b) After MacArthur was passed over in favor in Eisenhower.
(c) After the "debacle on the island."
(d) After MacArthur was refused more troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
2. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
3. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
4. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
5. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)