|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
(a) Joe McCarthy.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. What school did Eisenhower attend after high school?
(b) West Point.
3. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) To guard the body of the assassinated governor.
(b) The help African American students go to class.
(c) To help block access to Central High School to African American students.
(d) To fight students who were rioting.
4. When was Eisenhower supposed to leave for France in 1918?
(a) January 26.
(b) May 12.
(c) October 6.
(d) November 18.
5. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
(a) To have John F. Kennedy run with Eisenhower.
(b) To replace Nixon as vice president.
(c) To have Eisenhower run as his vice president.
(d) To run as Eisenhower's vice president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
2. What did Khrushchev propose to Eisenhower that Eisenhower refused?
3. What did Eisenhower do in secrecy so as not to attract McCarthy's attention?
4. What summit took place in July 1955, according to Chapter 16?
5. What did Eisenhower do to handle the challenge he faced at the start of his first term?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)