|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower say he realized in 1948 concerning the Bolsheviks?
(a) They couldn't be trusted.
(b) Stalin was the only obstacle to normalized relationships.
(c) They were regular people and need to be treated as such.
(d) They wanted to "Communize the world."
2. What cost the allies dearly, according to the start of Chapter 7?
(a) The German counter offensive in the Ardennes.
(b) Eisenhower's tolerance of Montgomery's insubordination.
(c) Eisenhower's incompetance.
(d) Patton's insubordination.
3. What promotion did Truman give Eisenhower?
(a) General of the Army.
(c) Chief of Staff.
(d) General of the Armies.
4. What did Chapter 20 say about Eisenhower's dealings with Russia in 1961 and 1962?
(a) He planned for a first strike.
(b) He groomed his replacement.
(c) He tried to trick the Soviets into surrendering.
(d) He tried to maintain peace.
5. What did Eisenhower refuse to do for the French?
(a) Give them the back section of a submarine.
(b) Intervene in Algeria.
(c) Use the H Bomb on Vietnam.
(d) Intervene in their internal affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
2. What did the U.S. think of Russia's motives for the conference?
3. Who did Eisenhower hesitate to pull back during the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What was over at the start of Chapter 8?
5. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)