|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do to protect American interests in Iran?
(a) Take the main port to pressure the Shah.
(b) Oust Mossadegh and return the shah to power.
(c) Give Iran weapons to fight its insurgency.
(d) Invade Iran.
2. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
(a) He wanted to be promoted.
(b) His wife was sick.
(c) He thought war was coming.
(d) He could not handle the heat of the Philippines.
3. What did people have trouble comprehending, according to Eisenhower?
(a) What acceptable losses meant.
(b) The complexity of an atomic bomb.
(c) The power of atomic weapons.
(d) What M.A.D. was.
4. Who did Eisenhower meet several months before being reassigned to Georgia?
(a) F.D. Roosevelt.
(b) His future wife.
(c) His future second in command during WWII.
5. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
(a) Have them shut down.
(b) Have them ignore McCarthy.
(c) Have them unsure of where he stands.
(d) Have Mamie off limits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
2. What happened to Eisenhower in September 1955?
3. What school did Eisenhower join in 1925?
4. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
5. What would the Republicans have preferred instead of an armistice?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)