|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
(b) The battle was lost.
(c) Germany surrendered.
(d) The Allies were put back at sea.
2. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The Germans needed to be surprised.
(b) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(c) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
(d) The junior officers needed to step up.
3. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) Fox Conner.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) George Marshall.
4. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
(a) He favored Patton.
(b) He tried to have them talk to each other.
(c) He favored Montgomery.
(d) He tried to keep them both happy.
5. What school did Eisenhower attend after high school?
(b) West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower asked to do, according to Chapter 8?
2. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
3. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
4. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
5. What was Eisenhower too lenient with, according to Chapter 5?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)