|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
(a) He was incompetent.
(b) He was the right man for the job.
(c) He was a good man.
(d) He was not the right man for the job.
2. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
(b) De Gaulle.
3. What school did Eisenhower attend after high school?
(d) West Point.
4. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The junior officers needed to step up.
(b) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(c) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
(d) The Germans needed to be surprised.
5. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
(a) He would never see another war in his lifetime.
(b) He would have a son in the next few years.
(c) The Bolsheviks would be defeated in Russia.
(d) Germany would rise again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
2. Where did the Allies land in France?
3. Who did Eisenhower meet several months before being reassigned to Georgia?
4. What was more important than being right, according to Eisenhower in Chapter 5?
5. When did the invasion of France finally occur?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)