|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
2. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) Went to France.
(b) Visited London.
(c) Met F.D. Roosevelt.
(d) Led troops into battle.
3. When did World War I end?
(a) May 24, 1918.
(b) July 8th, 1918.
(c) November 11, 1918.
(d) October 24, 1918.
4. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
(a) Patton knew Eisenhower made a mistake in Kessering.
(c) His friendship with Eisenhower.
(d) Patton's relationship with the president.
5. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
(a) The battle was lost.
(b) The battle turned in favor of the Allies.
(c) The Allies were put back at sea.
(d) Germany surrendered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
2. What was the only way to be successful in battle, according to Eisenhower?
3. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
4. How many brothers did Eisenhower have?
5. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)