|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arkansas do with Central High School in the fall of 1959?
(a) They built classes for the African Americans only.
(b) They rebuilt the school.
(c) They reopened the school as segregated.
(d) They installed an all white security.
2. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
(a) To have Eisenhower run as his vice president.
(b) To run as Eisenhower's vice president.
(c) To have John F. Kennedy run with Eisenhower.
(d) To replace Nixon as vice president.
3. What was Eisenhower called by those who wanted him to run for President?
(a) The only man.
(b) The best man.
(c) Second best.
(d) The best choice.
4. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
5. What was Eisenhower not opposed to, according to Chapter 14?
(a) Building more nuclear missiles.
(b) Ridding government offices of Communists.
(c) Trying to disgrace McCarthy.
(d) Hiring Communists for positions of public service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
2. What did Montgomery and Brooks think of Eisenhower?
3. What did Eisenhower try to do with the press during his first term?
4. What did Eisenhower think of the next President and the relationship with the Russians?
5. What happened on November 1, 1952?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)