|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the National Guard called in Arkansas in September 1957?
(a) The help African American students go to class.
(b) To fight students who were rioting.
(c) To help block access to Central High School to African American students.
(d) To guard the body of the assassinated governor.
2. What did Eisenhower refuse to do, despite Khrushchev's ultimatum?
(a) Decommission half of its bomber fleet.
(b) Remove its nuclear missiles from Turkey.
(c) Remove NATO troops from West Berlin.
(d) Decommission its nuclear submarine.
3. After what event did Eisenhower decide to keep his running mate?
(a) After a public apology.
(b) After reading polls.
(c) After a private meeting.
(d) After a public speech.
4. What happened on November 1, 1952?
(a) Eisenhower lost the presidential election.
(b) Eisenhower had his first heart attack.
(c) Nixon was elected President.
(d) Eisenhower was elected President.
5. What was the code name for the invasion of France?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the British sign the cease fire in Egypt?
2. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
3. Who did Eisenhower pick to be his running mate for the 1952 election, in Chapter 10?
4. What political party was Truman a member of?
5. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)