|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower insist was important to maintain, at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A fleet of 12 aircraft carriers.
(b) Peace with the Soviet Union.
(c) A strong military presence in Germany.
(d) A good relationship with the French.
2. How did Eisenhower compare the bureaucracy at his new job to that of the military bureaucracy during the war?
(a) The bureaucracy during the war was easier to understand.
(b) The bureaucracy during the war was more bloated.
(c) The bureaucracy during the war was slower.
(d) The bureaucracy during the war was faster.
3. What were the names of Eisenhower's parents?
(a) John and Ida.
(b) David and Sophie.
(c) David and Ida.
(d) Mark and Sophie.
4. Who did Chapter 5 say wanted to claim victory in France as his own alone?
(a) De Gaulle.
5. What job did Eisenhower accept after retiring from the Army?
(a) President of Columbia College.
(b) Lobbist at Washington.
(c) Consultant for Boeing corporation.
(d) Teacher at West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eisenhower hesitate to pull back during the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
3. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
4. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
5. What did Chapter 9 say Eisenhower was bombarded with since the end of the war?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)