|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eisenhower introduced to at the start of Chapter 2?
(a) Fox Conner.
(b) General MacArthur.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) F.D. Roosevelt.
2. Why did Eisenhower request to return to the U.S. in 1939?
(a) He wanted to be promoted.
(b) He could not handle the heat of the Philippines.
(c) He thought war was coming.
(d) His wife was sick.
3. Where did the Allies land in France?
(c) Pas de Calais.
4. What did Patton use as leverage to try to influence Eisenhower?
(a) Patton's relationship with the president.
(c) His friendship with Eisenhower.
(d) Patton knew Eisenhower made a mistake in Kessering.
5. What was Eisenhower sure of after the surrender of the German army in 1918?
(a) He would never see another war in his lifetime.
(b) The Bolsheviks would be defeated in Russia.
(c) He would have a son in the next few years.
(d) Germany would rise again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
2. During what battle did Eisenhower's hesitation almost cost him victory in Chapter 4?
3. Who did Eisenhower struggle with during the invasion of France?
4. What happened after Eisenhower assumed total command over the land base operations?
5. When was Eisenhower supposed to leave for France in 1918?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)