|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
(a) He increased it.
(b) He cut it.
(c) He tried to keep it the same.
(d) He delegated its calculation to Joe Fox.
2. Who called for Eisenhower to come to Washington just days after Pearl Harbor?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) Douglas MacArthur.
(c) George Marshall.
(d) Fox Conner.
3. What did Eisenhower think needed to happen for the invasion of France to be successful?
(a) The new bombers needed to destroy the SS divisions near Caen.
(b) The junior officers needed to step up.
(c) Everything needed to go perfectly according to plan.
(d) The Germans needed to be surprised.
4. What was everyone looking for Eisenhower to do in 1948?
(a) Win the Korean War.
(b) Run for President.
(c) Make peace with Stalin.
5. How did Eisenhower compare the bureaucracy at his new job to that of the military bureaucracy during the war?
(a) The bureaucracy during the war was slower.
(b) The bureaucracy during the war was easier to understand.
(c) The bureaucracy during the war was more bloated.
(d) The bureaucracy during the war was faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eisenhower's date of birth, according to Chapter 1?
2. Who did Eisenhower conflict with in the recent years, according to Chapter 14?
3. What was Eisenhower's main academic interest while in college?
4. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
5. Where was Eisenhower stationed at the end of 1921?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)