|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on November 1, 1952?
(a) Eisenhower had his first heart attack.
(b) Eisenhower lost the presidential election.
(c) Eisenhower was elected President.
(d) Nixon was elected President.
2. What did Montgomery and Brooks try to do to Eisenhower concerning the battle plan?
(a) They tried to convince Eisenhower to stop supporting Patton.
(b) They tried to convince Eisenhower to take more risks.
(c) They tried to convince Eisenhower their plan was better.
(d) They tried to convince Eisenhower to surrender his command.
3. How did Eisenhower manage Patton and Montgomery during the battle for France?
(a) He favored Montgomery.
(b) He tried to have them talk to each other.
(c) He favored Patton.
(d) He tried to keep them both happy.
4. What did many Republicans want him to do after accusations about his running mate arose?
(a) Drop out of the race.
(b) Talk to the press before making any decisions.
(c) Support his running mate.
(d) Change his pick for Vice President.
5. What did Eisenhower vow to uphold in the civil rights movement?
(a) Supreme Court Ruling.
(b) The right to segregation.
(c) The right to lynching.
(d) A state court ruling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in Russia in late 1957?
2. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
3. What did Eisenhower feel about other possible presidential contenders?
4. Where did the Allies land in France?
5. What promotion did Eisenhower receive while the Allies fought in Italy?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)