|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the U.S. and the Soviets agree on at the end of the summit?
(a) That Britain should not take sides for either of them.
(b) That they did trust each other.
(c) Both countries could be destroyed if nuclear weapons were used.
(d) That France was a loose canon.
2. What were Truman's feelings about Eisenhower after his election?
(a) He thought Eisenhower made a mistake in choosing Nixon.
(b) He thought Eisenhower was too soft on Communists.
(c) He did not think Eisenhower could handle the presidency.
(d) He was happy for Eisenhower.
3. What did Truman want to propose to Eisenhower before discovering his political loyalties?
(a) To replace Nixon as vice president.
(b) To have John F. Kennedy run with Eisenhower.
(c) To run as Eisenhower's vice president.
(d) To have Eisenhower run as his vice president.
4. What did Eisenhower do for the first time, at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) Visited London.
(b) Went to France.
(c) Led troops into battle.
(d) Met F.D. Roosevelt.
5. What happened in Russia in late 1957?
(a) They sent a man to space.
(b) The detonated their first H bomb.
(c) They sent Sputnik into orbit.
(d) They sent a dog to space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname was given to Eisenhower's cabinet, according to Chapter 11?
2. What was damaged when Eisenhower made the deal over the control of North Africa?
3. Who did Eisenhower's hesitation allow to escape in the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. Where was Eisenhower's son, John, before being recalled to Washington for his father's inauguration?
5. What did Eisenhower want to do after his first term was up?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)