|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represented Eisenhower's main challenge at the start of his presidency?
(a) Joe McCarthy.
(b) Harry Truman.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. During what battle did Eisenhower's hesitation almost cost him victory in Chapter 4?
(b) El Kebir.
(d) The Bulge.
3. What happened on November 1, 1952?
(a) Nixon was elected President.
(b) Eisenhower had his first heart attack.
(c) Eisenhower was elected President.
(d) Eisenhower lost the presidential election.
4. What did Eisenhower do to the military spending in his first year as President?
(a) He cut it.
(b) He delegated its calculation to Joe Fox.
(c) He increased it.
(d) He tried to keep it the same.
5. What summit took place in July 1955, according to Chapter 16?
(a) The Alger Summit.
(b) The Paris Summit.
(c) The Geneva Summit.
(d) The Washington Summit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower think of his new role as president?
2. Whose troop does Chapter 5 say did not advance as far as expected?
3. Who did Eisenhower's hesitation allow to escape in the battle mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What did Truman think of Eisenhower's political loyalties before the election?
5. What happened in Russia in late 1957?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)