Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the special symbolism of the chapter title "Down From the mountain"?
(a) It symbolizes the destruction of the mountain trail.
(b) It symbolizes the end of Little Tree's adventures on the mountain when he must come down to the reality of separation from his family.
(c) It symbolizes Mr. Wine's last trip to the cabin.
(d) It symbolizes Granpa's last trip to the mountain trail.
2. In Chapter 16, what does the author suggest about the importance of the church teachings to Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) Granpa leaves this part of Little Tree's lessons to Granma.
(b) They are very involved in the church teachings and make certain they discuss the Bible stories for full understanding.
(c) They don't fully understand what the church is about and are confused about the Bible stories.
(d) Granpa doesn't believe any of it but he wants Little Tree to work it out for himself.
3. How do religious and cultural beliefs cause Little Tree and the sharecropper's daughter to act negatively towards each other?
(a) Little Tree has been taught to distrust Christians, while the girl has been taught that Indians are lazy heathen savages.
(b) Their beliefs cause them to avoid speaking to each other.
(c) Their beliefs cause them to remain on separate sides of the square at the settlement.
(d) They dislike each other because they have different beliefs.
4. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
(a) To demonstrate that the Cherokee way of life has serious dangers.
(b) To demonstrate that everyone in the family has an important role.
(c) To demonstrate that time is running out for the family.
(d) To demonstrate how grave danger has cemented the bonds among the members of the family.
5. How does Little Tree create a disturbance in church?
(a) He gives Willow John a whistle and he tries it out in church.
(b) He gives Willow John a nickel and a bullfrog that starts a loud croaking in church.
(c) He comes in late and falls over in the aisle.
(d) He gives Willow John a harmless snake which jumps on a lady who screams out in church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wilburn, the boy at the orphanage, as much of an outcast as Little Tree is?
2. The author implies there is a special bond between Willow John and Little Tree, despite the difference in their ages. What is the cause of this bond?
3. What weekly event puts Little Tree and his family in the company of Willow John?
4. In the incident with the two men from Chattanooga, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he is becoming clever and less trusting?
5. How does the preacher make Granpa angry in some of his sermons?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)