|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
(a) Survival of the Strong.
(b) Understanding the Past.
(d) The Lost People.
2. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
(d) The librarian.
3. What is Little Tree planning to do with the extra coins he is keeping in his pocket from his savings?
(a) Buy candy for the sharecropper's daughter.
(b) Buy a hat for Granpa.
(c) Buy a candy box for Granma's Christmas present.
(d) Buy a dictionary to learn new words.
4. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
(a) Narrow Trail.
(b) Thinning Trail.
(c) The Narrows.
5. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
(a) To keep away people from the settlement.
(b) To protect Granma when she is alone.
(c) To keep away the other Cherokee.
(d) To guard the crops and cabin and to have fun fox-hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
3. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
4. What is Little Tree especially proud of in Chapter 9?
5. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)