|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington got a blow in the head.
(b) Washington hates Cherokees.
(c) Washington is a thief.
(d) Washington hates children.
2. What do Little Tree and the sharecropper's daughter have in common?
(a) Both are poor.
(b) Both are being deprived of education.
(c) Both live off the land and have a strong sense of pride.
(d) Both are exposed to the challenges of being young in an adult world.
3. Why doesn't Granma scold Little Tree for getting wet in the woods?
(a) Because he's already being punished with a bad cold.
(b) Because Granpa begs for him to be forgiven.
(c) Cherokee do not scold children for anything that has to do with the woods.
(d) Because there were no rules laid down about getting wet in the woods.
4. In the incident with the two men from Chattanooga, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he is becoming clever and less trusting?
(a) He takes the dollar and tells them Granpa is at the settlement.
(b) He asks for two dollars instead and leads them away from the trail.
(c) He takes the dollar they offer him to lead them to Granpa but he leads them away from the stills.
(d) He takes the dollar and then tells them he doesn't know Granpa.
5. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
(a) That Granma is a good worker.
(b) That Granpa will take care of Granma.
(c) That Granma takes care of the bees.
(d) Little Tree learns of the love and understanding that Granpa has for Granma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
2. How do the visitor's ambitions contrast with the values of Granpa and Granma?
3. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
4. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
5. How does Chapter 2 end?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)