|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author reveal that the policeman might be wrong to put the driver of the black car in jail?
(a) The policeman takes the visitor's word that the driver is speeding.
(b) The policeman throws the driver of the car in jail for saying he is from Chicago when the license plate says Illinois, but Chicago is in Illinois.
(c) The policeman does not read the driver his rights.
(d) The policeman does not allow the driver to explain himself properly.
2. How does Pa say farewell to Granpa when he is dying?
(a) He tells Granpa to remember his heritage and pass it on to other Cherokee.
(b) He tells Granpa to continue to fight for the Nation.
(c) He reminds Granpa about kin and the fact that the mountains will not change and Pa tells him how much he cares for him.
(d) He tells Granpa it is time to surrender and end the fighting.
3. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
(a) She wants Granpa to have someone to admire.
(b) She doesn't want Little Tree exposed to violent stories.
(c) She thinks Granpa will get angry.
(d) She doesn't want to upset Little Tree.
4. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) The way to the church.
(b) The way to Chattanooga.
(c) If they want a ride home.
(d) The way to the cabin.
5. How does Granpa dispose of the whiskey he makes?
(a) He gives away half and sells half.
(b) He keeps most of it and sells the rest to the store.
(c) He sells nine gallons to a store and keeps two gallons for use at home.
(d) He sells most of it, keeps some, and gives away the rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does the author teach the reader in Chapter 6, based on how the Indians responded to the oppression by the soldiers?
2. In regard to the family that Granpa sees facing hardships on the farm, what do Granpa and the soldiers have in common?
3. How does Granpa teach Little Tree respect for the small creatures in Chapter 8?
4. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
5. What is Little Tree's responsibility in producing the whiskey?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)