|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Little Tree's responsibility in producing the whiskey?
(a) He helps to stir and clean the pot.
(b) He helps to pour the sugar in the whiskey.
(c) He helps to bottle the whiskey.
(d) He helps to carry the whiskey to the store.
2. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(c) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
(d) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
3. How does the incident with the fox and hounds affect the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) It causes Little Tree to fear Granpa.
(b) It damages the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree.
(c) It has no effect on the relationship.
(d) It continues to deepen the growing bond between Granpa and Little Tree.
4. How does Little Tree's innocence and trust lead him to lose his money?
(a) A calf owner convinces him to buy a sick calf that soon dies.
(b) The preacher encourages him to throw his extra money in the collection plate for the poor.
(c) Pine Billy encourages him to use the money in a scheme to make more money.
(d) The sharecropper pleads with him to give his daughter some money.
5. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) An exercise room.
(b) An open hallway to let hounds through.
(c) A place where dogs are fed.
(d) A place for dogs to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author reveal Granpa's sense of humor even during this dangerous adventure?
2. Why does the author provide signs of racism in this first chapter of the book?
3. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
4. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
5. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)