|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author reveal Granpa's sense of humor even during this dangerous adventure?
(a) Granpa jokes that as soon as he lies down, Granma lifts her skirt and tries to seduce him.
(b) He makes up a funny poem about their escape.
(c) He makes up a funny song about their escape.
(d) He encourages Little Tree to have a good laugh and forget the whole incident.
2. Why does Granma describe some people in the world as "dead"?
(a) They have no spirit-mind so they only see dirty if they look at a woman and they fail to see beauty in nature.
(b) They are only interested in oppressing others.
(c) They are cruel to women and abuse nature.
(d) They are only interested in material things.
3. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
(a) He moves into their camp.
(b) He moves them closer to where he lives.
(c) He eventually marries one of the young daughters.
(d) He advises them on how to remain safe from the soldiers.
4. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
(a) The lady from the big, black car.
(b) The sharecropper.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Pine Billy.
5. How do Granma and Granpa portray the 'Trail of Tears' for Little Tree?
(a) As an incident of cruelty from which the Cherokee never recovered.
(b) As an incident of shame and cowardice.
(c) As an incident of cruelty in which the Cherokee displayed pride.
(d) As an incident of fierce aggression by the Cherokee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
2. According to Mr. Jenkins, who are the two men from Chattanooga and why are they looking for Granpa?
3. In Chapter 4, why does Little Tree feel grown-up?
4. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
5. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)