|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 14?
(a) The Men from Chattanooga.
(b) .Little Tree Defends His Mountain.
(c) Granma's Special Brew.
(d) City Slickers Outwit Mountain Dwellers.
2. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
(a) He advises them on how to remain safe from the soldiers.
(b) He moves them closer to where he lives.
(c) He moves into their camp.
(d) He eventually marries one of the young daughters.
3. What does the incident between Little Tree and the lawmen on the mountain demonstrate about Little Tree?
(a) His bravery and commitment to protecting Granpa and the whiskey still from outsiders.
(b) That he knows where to hide in the mountains.
(c) That he knows the signals necessary to warn Granpa when others are approaching.
(d) That he loves Granpa but he is afraid of the men with badges.
4. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
(a) They want to make sure he will be able to take care of them soon.
(b) They want to make sure he learns about his tribe's habits.
(c) They are making sure that Little Tree learns enough to be self-sufficient off the land.
(d) They want to make sure he will be a good father.
5. How does the author reveal Granpa's sense of humor even during this dangerous adventure?
(a) He encourages Little Tree to have a good laugh and forget the whole incident.
(b) He makes up a funny song about their escape.
(c) Granpa jokes that as soon as he lies down, Granma lifts her skirt and tries to seduce him.
(d) He makes up a funny poem about their escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 8 to suggest that Little Tree has a natural tendency towards some Cherokee ways?
2. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
3. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
4. How does Little Tree's innocence and trust lead him to lose his money?
5. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)