|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author reveal that the policeman might be wrong to put the driver of the black car in jail?
(a) The policeman takes the visitor's word that the driver is speeding.
(b) The policeman does not allow the driver to explain himself properly.
(c) The policeman throws the driver of the car in jail for saying he is from Chicago when the license plate says Illinois, but Chicago is in Illinois.
(d) The policeman does not read the driver his rights.
2. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
(a) Granpa enjoys hunting because it makes Little Tree laugh.
(b) Granpa enjoys the fun of watching the hounds chase the fox and then seeing the fox outwit the hounds.
(c) Granpa enjoys hunting because it keeps him active.
(d) Granpa enjoys hunting because of the lessons he learns from it.
3. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
(a) Growing up.
(c) Loss and and a new beginning.
(d) Family relationships.
4. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
(a) Little Tree Takes A Fox.
(b) Mountain Hunting.
(c) Granpa's Way of Hunting.
(d) The Fox outwits the Hounds.
5. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
(a) Family Circles.
(b) Granpa Learns to Read.
(c) Winter Evenings at the Cabin.
(d) Little Tree's Education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
2. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
3. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
5. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)