|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
(a) It helps to stop Little Tree's arm from swellling.
(b) It soothes Granpa's bear bite.
(c) It stops Little Tree's bleeding.
(d) It helps her to save someone's life.
2. How does Granma help Little Tree to understand the relationship between nature and human development?
(a) Granma explains that the seasons are times when humans should learn from nature how to improve.
(b) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are the periods of spiritual growth in a person's life.
(c) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are like childhood, adolescence and maturity in humans.
(d) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are periods in nature just as birth, adulthood, ageing and death are phases in human life.
3. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
(b) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
(c) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(d) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
4. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) For taking more than he needs from nature.
(b) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
(c) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(d) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
5. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
(a) They want to make sure he will be able to take care of them soon.
(b) They are making sure that Little Tree learns enough to be self-sufficient off the land.
(c) They want to make sure he will be a good father.
(d) They want to make sure he learns about his tribe's habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 8 to suggest that Little Tree has a natural tendency towards some Cherokee ways?
2. How does Pa say farewell to Granpa when he is dying?
3. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
4. Why does Granma describe some people in the world as "dead"?
5. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)