|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the two men from Chattanooga make fun of Little Tree?
(a) They laugh at his moccasins.
(b) They tease him about belonging nowhere.
(c) They call him uneducated.
(d) They call him an unpleasant name because he does not recollect his father.
2. Why does Granpa object to people who age whiskey?
(a) He believes rich men scheme to convince people that aged whiskey is better.
(b) He believes they age whiskey to disguise the substances they add to it.
(c) He believes that they are trying to make extra money.
(d) He believes they are trying to disguise bad whiskey by keeping it longer.
3. In the incident when Granpa sees the old farmhouse in the clearing, why is Granpa surprised by the soldier's treatment of the people on the farm when he returns there later?
(a) Granpa expects the soldiers to stop them from plowing but they charge them taxes.
(b) Granpa expects the soldiers to harm them but they actually bring them a mule.
(c) Granpa expects the soldiers to help the people but they actually attack them with guns .
(d) Granpa expects the soldiers to throw them off the land but they tie them up in the barn.
4. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) If they want a ride home.
(b) The way to the church.
(c) The way to the cabin.
(d) The way to Chattanooga.
5. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Runner, the fox.
(b) Ol' Slick, the fox.
(c) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
(d) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the news heard in Chapter 11, what is causing people in New York to die?
2. How do the Cherokee who escape from the soldiers into the hollows survive?
3. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
4. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
5. What do Little Tree and the sharecropper's daughter have in common?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)