|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(b) The Big Black Car.
(c) Differences in Culture.
(d) A Visit to the Settlement.
2. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Chasing ground rats.
(b) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(c) Climbing trees.
(d) Swooping down to kill a quail.
3. What is the Hangin' Gap?
(a) The space between two streams in the mountain.
(b) The place where Cherokees hang those who steal animals.
(c) A creek in the thin part of the trail.
(d) The gap between the two mountains.
4. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 14?
(a) Granma's Special Brew.
(b) City Slickers Outwit Mountain Dwellers.
(c) The Men from Chattanooga.
(d) .Little Tree Defends His Mountain.
5. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
(a) To show him the way up to the mountains so he can see the sunrise.
(b) To show him the bees at work.
(c) To teach him how to hunt.
(d) To expose him to the animals and teach him "The Way".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author cause Little Tree to be exposed to the Cherokee views about human nature at such an early age?
2. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
3. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
4. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
5. In the incident when Granpa sees the old farmhouse in the clearing, why is Granpa surprised by the soldier's treatment of the people on the farm when he returns there later?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)