|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granpa teach Little Tree respect for the small creatures in Chapter 8?
(a) To stay away from the spiders and the frogs.
(b) To avoid disturbing the frogs' songs by walking on tiptoes.
(c) To catch the tadpoles and place them in a jar for safety.
(d) To set the spiders back in the ferns when they fall into the water.
2. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
(a) They use symbols on caves.
(b) They use a special writing system.
(c) They use the oral tradition in which stories are used to pass on information.
(d) There is no writing system so valuable information is lost.
3. What is Little Tree's responsibility in producing the whiskey?
(a) He helps to carry the whiskey to the store.
(b) He helps to stir and clean the pot.
(c) He helps to pour the sugar in the whiskey.
(d) He helps to bottle the whiskey.
4. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(b) Climbing trees.
(c) Chasing ground rats.
(d) Swooping down to kill a quail.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
(a) By protecting Ti-bi from the hawk.
(b) By selecting the three smallest turkeys from the turkey trap to take home.
(c) By rescuing the quail.
(d) By releasing the turkeys from the trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
2. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
4. How does the author reveal Granpa's sense of humor even during this dangerous adventure?
5. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)