|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "A Night on the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) The way to Chattanooga.
(b) If they want a ride home.
(c) The way to the church.
(d) The way to the cabin.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(b) Satisfaction about being grown up.
(d) Sympathy for the small animals.
3. In the incident when Granpa sees the old farmhouse in the clearing, why is Granpa surprised by the soldier's treatment of the people on the farm when he returns there later?
(a) Granpa expects the soldiers to stop them from plowing but they charge them taxes.
(b) Granpa expects the soldiers to throw them off the land but they tie them up in the barn.
(c) Granpa expects the soldiers to harm them but they actually bring them a mule.
(d) Granpa expects the soldiers to help the people but they actually attack them with guns .
4. According to Granpa's story about the farm, who was in charge of the land when Granpa was growing up?
(a) Granpa's family had the run of the land.
(b) The Cherokees were in charge of the land.
(c) The Confederates were in charge of the land.
(d) The land was occupied by Union soldiers and run by politicians.
5. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
(a) Granpa enjoys hunting because it makes Little Tree laugh.
(b) Granpa enjoys hunting because it keeps him active.
(c) Granpa enjoys the fun of watching the hounds chase the fox and then seeing the fox outwit the hounds.
(d) Granpa enjoys hunting because of the lessons he learns from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
2. How does Granpa's disposal of the whiskey demonstrate that he is observing the lessons he teaches Little Tree about nature's ways?
3. How does the author reveal Granpa's sense of humor even during this dangerous adventure?
4. How does Chapter 2 end?
5. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)