|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He walks.
(b) He goes by bus.
(c) He goes by car.
(d) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
2. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
(a) He roughly asks for their tickets and makes fun of them when Granma counts up the money to pay.
(b) He welcomes them.
(c) He argues with them.
(d) He is friendly.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
(a) He is longing for his old surroundings.
(b) He hates the sound of the wind but he likes the whispering wind.
(c) He finds the surroundings strange.
(d) The sights and sounds terrify him.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A tepee.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A bungalow.
(d) A cabin.
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington hates children.
(b) Washington is a thief.
(c) Washington got a blow in the head.
(d) Washington hates Cherokees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
3. Why does the author provide signs of racism in this first chapter of the book?
4. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
5. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)