|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He goes by bus.
(b) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(c) He walks.
(d) He goes by car.
2. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
(a) Winter Evenings at the Cabin.
(b) Little Tree's Education.
(c) Granpa Learns to Read.
(d) Family Circles.
3. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
(a) By rescuing the quail.
(b) By releasing the turkeys from the trap.
(c) By selecting the three smallest turkeys from the turkey trap to take home.
(d) By protecting Ti-bi from the hawk.
4. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
(b) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
(c) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
(d) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
5. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Climbing trees.
(b) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(c) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(d) Chasing ground rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
4. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
5. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)