|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A tepee.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A bungalow.
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(b) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
(d) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
3. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
(a) A special book about nature because Little Tree's grandparents want him to love nature.
(b) A dictionary because Little Tree has to learn five words every week.
(c) A book about the Cherokees so that Little Tree can learn his heritage.
(d) A bible so that Little Tree can read more about the lessons he hears at church.
4. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
(a) Family relationships.
(b) Loss and and a new beginning.
(d) Growing up.
5. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Climbing trees.
(b) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(c) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(d) Chasing ground rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author provide signs of racism in this first chapter of the book?
2. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
3. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
4. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
5. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)