|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) A place for dogs to sleep.
(b) A place where dogs are fed.
(c) An exercise room.
(d) An open hallway to let hounds through.
2. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
(a) Granpa Learns to Read.
(b) Little Tree's Education.
(c) Winter Evenings at the Cabin.
(d) Family Circles.
3. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
(a) He holds a gift from his mother as he goes to sleep.
(b) A good supper.
(c) Granma sings him a song that makes him understand his new name.
(d) Granma and Granpa promise to take care of him.
4. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
(a) They roast chestnuts in the fireplace.
(b) They make rugs from the deer hide.
(c) Granma reads to Little Tree and Granpa.
(d) They go to church.
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington is a thief.
(b) Washington hates Cherokees.
(c) Washington got a blow in the head.
(d) Washington hates children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
2. How does Chapter 2 end?
3. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
4. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
5. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)