|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
(a) Little Tree feels the earth mother through his special shoes.
(b) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a cave.
(c) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a stream of water.
(d) Little Tree hears the earth mother whispering in the wind.
2. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on whiskey.
(b) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(c) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(d) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
3. Why does the author provide signs of racism in this first chapter of the book?
(a) Because Little Tree's family are freedom fighters.
(b) Because it's the only time it happens.
(c) To foreshadow more serious instances of racism that will occur later.
(d) Because the Cherokees constantly practice racism.
4. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Books with poems and songs about children.
(b) Books about the Cherokees.
(c) Shakespeare's plays.
(d) Bible stories.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A bungalow.
(d) A tepee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
2. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
3. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
4. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
5. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)