|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
(a) A young boy learns to survive in the mountains.
(b) Granpa shares his knowledge about hunting.
(c) A young boy learns to appreciate nature.
(d) How animals survive in the wild.
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
(b) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(d) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
3. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
(a) Granma and Granpa promise to take care of him.
(b) Granma sings him a song that makes him understand his new name.
(c) He holds a gift from his mother as he goes to sleep.
(d) A good supper.
4. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) A varied and practical education.
(b) An education about responsibility.
(c) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
(d) An education about becoming a hunter.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
(a) By releasing the turkeys from the trap.
(b) By protecting Ti-bi from the hawk.
(c) By rescuing the quail.
(d) By selecting the three smallest turkeys from the turkey trap to take home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
2. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
4. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
5. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)