|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
(a) He is longing for his old surroundings.
(b) He hates the sound of the wind but he likes the whispering wind.
(c) The sights and sounds terrify him.
(d) He finds the surroundings strange.
2. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Seven years old.
3. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The time when the sun sets.
(b) The time when they go to bed.
(c) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
(d) The weather.
4. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
(a) Little Hawk.
(b) Little Bee.
(c) Little Cherokee.
(d) Little Bear.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A bungalow.
(b) A tepee.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
3. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
4. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)