|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author provide signs of racism in this first chapter of the book?
(a) Because it's the only time it happens.
(b) Because the Cherokees constantly practice racism.
(c) To foreshadow more serious instances of racism that will occur later.
(d) Because Little Tree's family are freedom fighters.
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(b) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
(d) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
3. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) For taking more than he needs from nature.
(b) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
(c) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
(d) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
4. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) An exercise room.
(b) A place for dogs to sleep.
(c) An open hallway to let hounds through.
(d) A place where dogs are fed.
5. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
(a) Little Bear.
(b) Little Cherokee.
(c) Little Hawk.
(d) Little Bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
3. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
4. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
5. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)