|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington is a thief.
(b) Washington got a blow in the head.
(c) Washington hates children.
(d) Washington hates Cherokees.
2. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
(a) Little Hawk.
(b) Little Cherokee.
(c) Little Bear.
(d) Little Bee.
3. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(b) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(c) Climbing trees.
(d) Chasing ground rats.
4. Why does the author provide signs of racism in this first chapter of the book?
(a) Because it's the only time it happens.
(b) Because Little Tree's family are freedom fighters.
(c) Because the Cherokees constantly practice racism.
(d) To foreshadow more serious instances of racism that will occur later.
5. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
(a) The author is the narrator and knows everything.
(b) The author uses a third person narrator who is not in the story.
(c) The author uses a second person point of view.
(d) The author uses first person from a child's perspective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
2. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
4. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
5. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)