|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Bible stories.
(b) Shakespeare's plays.
(c) Books with poems and songs about children.
(d) Books about the Cherokees.
2. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
(a) That small creatures need to be protected by larger ones.
(b) That there is a sense of balance in nature.
(c) That only the strong will survive.
(d) That the hawks help humans by killing dangerous animals.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(c) Sympathy for the small animals.
(d) Satisfaction about being grown up.
4. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
(a) Granma reads books that Little Tree brings them from the school at the settlement.
(b) Little Tree and Granpa collect them from the library at the settlement.
(c) Granma buys books at the settlement store.
(d) Granma reads books that Little Tree brought with him from his parents' home.
5. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
(a) A book about the Cherokees so that Little Tree can learn his heritage.
(b) A special book about nature because Little Tree's grandparents want him to love nature.
(c) A dictionary because Little Tree has to learn five words every week.
(d) A bible so that Little Tree can read more about the lessons he hears at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
2. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
3. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
4. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
5. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)