|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The librarian.
(b) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
(c) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(d) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
2. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
(a) Winter Evenings at the Cabin.
(b) Little Tree's Education.
(c) Granpa Learns to Read.
(d) Family Circles.
3. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington hates children.
(b) Washington is a thief.
(c) Washington hates Cherokees.
(d) Washington got a blow in the head.
4. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
(a) A young boy learns to survive in the mountains.
(b) Granpa shares his knowledge about hunting.
(c) A young boy learns to appreciate nature.
(d) How animals survive in the wild.
5. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The time when they go to bed.
(b) The time when the sun sets.
(c) The weather.
(d) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
2. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
3. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
4. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
5. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)