|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
(b) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(c) For taking more than he needs from nature.
(d) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
2. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
(b) Red Wing.
(c) Willow John.
(d) Little Tree's mother.
3. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
(a) Dried grass.
(b) Deer hide stretched on a frame of hickory posts.
(c) A large flat board covered with sheets.
(d) Old cloths stuffed in a large bag.
4. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(b) Sympathy for the small animals.
(c) Satisfaction about being grown up.
5. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
(a) That small creatures need to be protected by larger ones.
(b) That only the strong will survive.
(c) That the hawks help humans by killing dangerous animals.
(d) That there is a sense of balance in nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
2. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
3. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
4. How does Chapter 2 end?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)