|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
(a) Dried grass.
(b) Old cloths stuffed in a large bag.
(c) A large flat board covered with sheets.
(d) Deer hide stretched on a frame of hickory posts.
2. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(b) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(c) A tax on whiskey.
(d) A tax on Cherokee lands.
3. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
(a) Family Circles.
(b) Little Tree's Education.
(c) Winter Evenings at the Cabin.
(d) Granpa Learns to Read.
4. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(b) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
(c) For taking more than he needs from nature.
(d) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
5. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
(b) Loss and and a new beginning.
(c) Growing up.
(d) Family relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
2. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
3. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
4. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)