|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
(a) They make rugs from the deer hide.
(b) Granma reads to Little Tree and Granpa.
(c) They roast chestnuts in the fireplace.
(d) They go to church.
2. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) A place for dogs to sleep.
(b) An exercise room.
(c) A place where dogs are fed.
(d) An open hallway to let hounds through.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(b) Satisfaction about being grown up.
(c) Sympathy for the small animals.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A bungalow.
(b) A tepee.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A cottage.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
(a) He is longing for his old surroundings.
(b) He finds the surroundings strange.
(c) He hates the sound of the wind but he likes the whispering wind.
(d) The sights and sounds terrify him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
2. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
3. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
4. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
5. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)