|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
(a) Family Circles.
(b) Little Tree's Education.
(c) Winter Evenings at the Cabin.
(d) Granpa Learns to Read.
2. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on whiskey.
(b) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(c) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(d) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
3. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The time when the sun sets.
(b) The time when they go to bed.
(c) The weather.
(d) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
4. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(a) Sympathy for the small animals.
(d) Satisfaction about being grown up.
5. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
(a) A special book about nature because Little Tree's grandparents want him to love nature.
(b) A dictionary because Little Tree has to learn five words every week.
(c) A book about the Cherokees so that Little Tree can learn his heritage.
(d) A bible so that Little Tree can read more about the lessons he hears at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
2. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
3. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
4. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
5. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)