|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
(a) Little Bee.
(b) Little Hawk.
(c) Little Cherokee.
(d) Little Bear.
2. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Seven years old.
3. How does Chapter 2 end?
(a) With a poem about Mon-o-lah and The Way.
(b) With a poem about the sunrise on the mountain.
(c) With a poem about love of nature.
(d) With a poem about the animals.
4. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
(a) A young boy learns to appreciate nature.
(b) How animals survive in the wild.
(c) A young boy learns to survive in the mountains.
(d) Granpa shares his knowledge about hunting.
5. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) An open hallway to let hounds through.
(b) A place for dogs to sleep.
(c) An exercise room.
(d) A place where dogs are fed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
2. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
3. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
5. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)