|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
(a) The author is the narrator and knows everything.
(b) The author uses a third person narrator who is not in the story.
(c) The author uses a second person point of view.
(d) The author uses first person from a child's perspective.
2. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
(b) Loss and and a new beginning.
(c) Growing up.
(d) Family relationships.
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A bungalow.
(b) A tepee.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A cottage.
4. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
(b) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
(d) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
5. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Seven years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
2. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
4. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)